PDA

View Full Version : When they get scissor happy

bunzfan
November 15th, 2017, 08:11 AM
I went to a barber to.get the ends evened up and to end the year with nice ends I asked for them to cut half a inch I was very close to bcl
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28894&d=1509129887

Look how much they took off I didnt ask for it but I have to admit it looks great just annoying how close I was to bcl.hair
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29079&d=1510758219

Im going to not trim for a year and I think my henna is all gone now

Groovy Granny
November 15th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Hi :waving: good to see you again!

Don'tcha just love their 'trims'?! :p

It looks amazing though I am sure you miss your length!

So that is your natural color....dark brown?
It looks so pretty, thick, and healthy; love the shine :thumbsup:

Groovy Granny
November 15th, 2017, 08:15 AM
double post

bunzfan
November 15th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Hi :waving: good to see you again!

Don'tcha just love their 'trims'?! :p

It looks amazing though I am sure you miss your length!

So that is your natural color....dark brown?
It looks so pretty, thick, and healthy; love the shine :thumbsup:

I think its the lighting its still reddish but yeah its taken me a week to get used to it I dont call that a trim lol

Groovy Granny
November 15th, 2017, 08:18 AM
I think its the lighting its still reddish but yeah its taken me a week to get used to it I dont call that a trim lol

More like a chop :p
Barbers are supposed to be better I have heard...but have never been myself.
That's a lot to lose!

Lighting is tricky....but it looks great!

samanthaa
November 15th, 2017, 08:23 AM
I have no trust in a hairdresser's definition of an inch. Something similar happened to me when I was much younger and I was devastated. Went home and cried. Now I wouldn't go to a hairdresser unless I was planning a chop.

On the positive side, your hair looks really great! Congrats on getting rid of the henna, too. I can't wait for that moment myself!

Kake
November 15th, 2017, 08:39 AM
I know it looks great (it really does), but that's so awful. It's your hair, you should get to decide how much is cut.

Suze
November 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I know it looks great (it really does), but that's so awful. It's your hair, you should get to decide how much is cut.

^Yes, exactly this!

Stray_mind
November 15th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Woah, they took off So much!
I am glad you're not too upset though. Your ends look Amazing!
It'll grow back in no time :)

I am glad i found a stylist who actually uses Visual approach (asks me to Show how much i want my hair cut) and cuts exactly as much as i tell her to. :)
I'm gonna go back next month. I wonder if i can somehow even up my layers without losing much length.

WildandSeawhite
November 15th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Your hair is stunning! :agape: Both color and texture! And the cut does look very nice (did it make the ends more curly?) That would have made me very angry though that the person didn't listen at all. I can imagine that it took you some time to achieve that length.

This is why I'm very nervous to find someone to do a trim. In my experience, they always take much more than you ask. I've looked for salons in my area that have experience with long hair, but I can only find high end places that do modern styles (not long) or places that mostly have older clientele. It's very frustrating.

Regardless, your hair is gorgeous and you will reach BCL again! You've already done it once, and that's awesome! :applause

Beeboo123
November 15th, 2017, 09:59 AM
!!!!!! That’s way too much hair, why would they do that =[ I feel your pain

Jo Ann
November 15th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Good Lord, Bunz! What did the barber DO?? Take off 1/2" ABOVE the henna??

Losing what, 2-3 years growth because of an Oopsie! would have me SO http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/red-angry-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

And once that first erroneous snip is taken, you don't have much of a choice...

sumidha
November 15th, 2017, 11:57 AM
It does look lovely and healthy, but that is closer to four or fives inches than 1/2! Have you ever considered trimming your own hair?

lapushka
November 15th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Ugh. That sucks. Now I know you've always liked to trim, right? But that was to get rid of damage and had a purpose. This has no purpose and is just a major piece of length... wow. I can't believe it! :(

Maybe join next year's no-trimming challenge, bunzfan?

Maybe really next time look into Feye's for self-trimming, and if you haven't seen this yet, Torrin has her own method (according to Henrietta):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wowAGEzmAgM&t=0s

Flowerness
November 15th, 2017, 01:16 PM
I'm so sorry that happened to you! You have incredible hair- you did before the cut, and you do now as well. It looks curlier at the ends, which seems like a lot of fun. I guess this is an good place to explain that I actually get seriously anxious when other people cut my hair. Too many hair cuts, where it was cut wrong/uneven/badly. Once, (when I was a lot younger) I wanted to cut my hair to CBL. It was probably shy of BSL, maybe? I went in to have it done, and the young lady doing my hair was having fun talking to a friend while she was cutting my hair. I figured that she would be able to manage both, and I was young, shy. So, she kept cutting more and more. I ended up with a chin length bob. She told me she kept having trouble making it even so she'd cut more. She commented she'd make finer partitions next time. I remember thinking: uh, next time? I ended up having to shampoo it every day because it was short enough to get gross fast, and there weren't dry shampoos at the time. I cut my own, now always. Love it. No matter what, you have lovely hair! Now maybe there will be a sense of newness for a while? Undiscovered territory as you grow from here perhaps? Something good I hope!

bunzfan
November 15th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I was Instantly gutted because I was so close to my goal and I wanted the ends really evened up because im not sure how even I have previously got it by trimming it myself. My exact words were the very ends off straight across maybe he had problems I dont know but I dont call that the very ends. Im trying to see the positive because its not been that short in years, my henna ends are gone conditioner now glides through my hair my braid is thick and glossy even though its so short ..within a few months I hope to be hip again.

I will do a no trim year now I think my hair is healthy enough now but I agree I lost at least 3 inches.

Lisa Long4Life
November 15th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Wow when I see those pics together, no wonder you're upset. I agree that I love your colour and texture. That is no way just the ends. Good luck with the no trimming :)

psyc2321
November 15th, 2017, 10:37 PM
True story: I once walked out of a salon without paying over a "trim" like this. I'm sorry you've had this experience, it sucks the most when you're nearly at goal, too. It's so hard to find someone you can trust! I finally had, then she decided not to come back to work after bub after all (when it was just a question of going six months between trims while she was on mat leave, I wasn't bothered, but now I have to find/train a replacement).

The advantage to wearing a fringe (bangs for the Americans) is I can kinda use a fringe trim or even cut as an audition re: listening skills. It's not foolproof though, since I've had two in a row hear "I like the ends cut in a V shape" and promptly cut the point off my V :doh: The latest one really likes being allowed to fuss over my hair though (loooves braiding it after a trim), and since undercutting the ends to make them actually tuckable is beyond my meagre skills I do need a trained hairdresser, so I may be able to work on her (she actually did get it right the first time, so I think if I just keep reminding her we might reach an understanding).

Your hair does still look gorgeous, and at least it got rid of your henna in one go? It does look a little like they trimmed half an inch above that line.

yahirwaO.o
November 16th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Not gonna lie under my eyes your after hair looks completly picture perfect, super healthy, bouncy and those curls at the ends look legit utter amazing. :)

However that barber did cut off a lot!!!! I think your hair will look great in a couple of months but its competly understandable to be a bit mad!

At least you have perfect hair to grow and by the time you reach BCL your hair will remain thick and glorious!!!! (me a bit jelous :P)

bunzfan
November 16th, 2017, 02:04 AM
Good Lord, Bunz! What did the barber DO?? Take off 1/2" ABOVE the henna??

Losing what, 2-3 years growth because of an Oopsie! would have me SO http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/red-angry-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

And once that first erroneous snip is taken, you don't have much of a choice...

It does look lovely and healthy, but that is closer to four or fives inches than 1/2! Have you ever considered trimming your own hair?

Wow when I see those pics together, no wonder you're upset. I agree that I love your colour and texture. That is no way just the ends. Good luck with the no trimming :)

Not gonna lie under my eyes your after hair looks completly picture perfect, super healthy, bouncy and those curls at the ends look legit utter amazing. :)

However that barber did cut off a lot!!!! I think your hair will look great in a couple of months but its competly understandable to be a bit mad!

At least you have perfect hair to grow and by the time you reach BCL your hair will remain thick and glorious!!!! (me a bit jelous :P)

Thank you so much guys :blossom: you've all made me feel so much better about it its almost a week ago now I think from now on things can only get better I've not had hair this healthy since I was a kid . Plus its easy to care for now as I got so close to bcl I can get there again . When I have a chop my curls always bounce back

LizzyGrant
November 16th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Ugh I feel sorry for you, that is a big "trim". But it must help that your hair looks (and looked before the trim) gorgeous! It's my dream hair :crush:
It's so hard to find a hairdresser/barber you can trust. Why won't they listen, so often they just do what they want. I was going to the same hairdresser for 3-4 years and wondered why my hair never grew longer than waist. I knew it couldn't be at terminal length because I've had my hair longer than that in the past. But finally I realized it was because that hairdresser always cut away all of my growth even if I asked for a small trim 2-3 cm. Thanks to LHC I started to trim my own hair.
I'm sure your hair will grow back hip/BCL soon. I hope you're not too upset about it, it is so pretty! :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
November 16th, 2017, 07:34 AM
It is so pretty, but I cannot believe they cut so much off - that looks like close to a whole years' growth! :mad:

I hope it will regrow quickly for you.

desu
November 16th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I don't even dare to go to hairdressers anymore.

Jo Ann
November 16th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Bunzfan, I'm curious about something...how much does your hair "spring back" with those awesome curls? When stretched, are you just shy of hip? I know I can stretch mine about 1-1/2" (and I use that when I measure), which puts me about 2/3 way to BCL, but when relaxed, I'm just below the waistband of my jeans.

Just curious (and looking for a silver lining)...