PDA

View Full Version : Hair Driers and Dandruff?

Kae612
November 11th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Hi, so I have some dandruff and I only recently got a hair drier. I've used it maybe 5 times, just in emergency it's-cold-out situations, but I find that every time I use it my dandruff comes back immediately rather than a day or two later. I've read that other people with dandruff HAVE to use a drier or it comes back worse. Kinda confused, maybe I'm doing it wrong? Does this happen to anyone else or is my scalp backwards?

lapushka
November 11th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Hi, so I have some dandruff and I only recently got a hair drier. I've used it maybe 5 times, just in emergency it's-cold-out situations, but I find that every time I use it my dandruff comes back immediately rather than a day or two later. I've read that other people with dandruff HAVE to use a drier or it comes back worse. Kinda confused, maybe I'm doing it wrong? Does this happen to anyone else or is my scalp backwards?

I think it all depends what the cause of the "dandruff" is. Is it eczema, psoriasis, regular dandruff, SD (seborrheic dermatitis)?

Maybe don't use the dryer at your roots as much. Also, how hot are you using the dryer?