PDA

View Full Version : my hair is so frizzy

Rehab350
November 11th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I am trying to figure the situation out. I was doing diy untangling mist and it was great for me up till now. My hair hates getting wet, with silicone or not it gets frizzy like crazy and stick to my sweaty hands and break😢. So I can't touch it when it's wet. After shower as well I can't style it until it's completely dry or it will frizz and break. I think it starts happening when I switch my shampoo days from once a week to twice a week. Do you have any explanations or suggestions for this dilemma.

Beeboo123
November 11th, 2017, 11:58 AM
If your hair type is anything but straight, touching and styling when it is dry can make it frizz. I have wavy hair, and I only ever detangle very very gently with my fingers when it is soaking wet. Else, I just look like a poofy lion, no matter what else I do.

Do you clarify your hair regularly? The breakage could be due to buildup, especially if it started only some time after you used the untangling mist. I would try clarifying to “reset” my hair, before making other changes to my routine

Dark40
November 11th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I second Beeboo123. You may need to clarify because of the buildup, and get you some Mane N Tail Detangling Spray. It eliminates frizyy hair. I've tried it the 2 days ago, and I love it!!! I don't have any problems with tangles but I mostly have a lot of problems with frizzy hair.

littlestarface
November 11th, 2017, 01:02 PM
I have super frizzy hair too, I can't even touch my hair when its drying or else *snap break* I just leave it alone until the next day when it's dry then I comb it and put in some cream and then braid, up it goes in bun. When I run my wet hands over my top hair it always makes my little hairs curly when it dries which I like I guess but I to get some little ones on my hands which I hate.

Jo Ann
November 11th, 2017, 01:09 PM
I third the clarifying! A good clarifying shampoo, followed by a SMT ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128 ) and your usual conditioner or a leave-in conditioner should fix you right up!

You might also try LOC method ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167 ) to help detangle/defrizz your hair after you wash it. The oil and extra moisture should help you detangle after you wash/condition your hair.

Just for the heck of it, what ingredients did you use to create your DIY detangling mist?

lapushka
November 11th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I am trying to figure the situation out. I was doing diy untangling mist and it was great for me up till now. My hair hates getting wet, with silicone or not it gets frizzy like crazy and stick to my sweaty hands and break��. So I can't touch it when it's wet. After shower as well I can't style it until it's completely dry or it will frizz and break. I think it starts happening when I switch my shampoo days from once a week to twice a week. Do you have any explanations or suggestions for this dilemma.

What's your texture?

What's your routine? Just name the products you use to wash and condition and style.

That should help us some. :flower:

mira-chan
November 11th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Same as littlestarface, I don't touch my hair when it's wet. I can't get a comb through it we or damp, no matter how much conditioner is in it but all my tangles fall out once it's dry. I generally opt for putting it up usually though for convenience even when dry.

littlestarface
November 11th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Same as littlestarface, I don't touch my hair when it's wet. I can't get a comb through it we or damp, no matter how much conditioner is in it but all my tangles fall out once it's dry. I generally opt for putting it up usually though for convenience even when dry.

Yeah same for me as well.

leayellena
November 12th, 2017, 01:09 AM
I am trying to figure the situation out. I was doing diy untangling mist and it was great for me up till now. My hair hates getting wet, with silicone or not it gets frizzy like crazy and stick to my sweaty hands and break😢. So I can't touch it when it's wet. After shower as well I can't style it until it's completely dry or it will frizz and break. I think it starts happening when I switch my shampoo days from once a week to twice a week. Do you have any explanations or suggestions for this dilemma.

there is no differemce between fine and medium hair (strands). they're both very frizzy. try some aloe vera gel or leave-in conditioner in general. the downside of a leave-in or gel on your scalp is that you may need to wash your hair more often.

Rehab350
November 13th, 2017, 06:24 AM
If your hair type is anything but straight, touching and styling when it is dry can make it frizz. I have wavy hair, and I only ever detangle very very gently with my fingers when it is soaking wet. Else, I just look like a poofy lion, no matter what else I do.

Do you clarify your hair regularly? The breakage could be due to buildup, especially if it started only some time after you used the untangling mist. I would try clarifying to “reset” my hair, before making other changes to my routine

I use sulphate shampoo every time I wash, I don't think it is buildup issue.
I really can't touch my hair when it's wet. Even in shower, after applying conditioner I do nothing but bun it away till the end of shower routine, or it will break otherwise.

Rehab350
November 13th, 2017, 06:33 AM
I third the clarifying! A good clarifying shampoo, followed by a SMT ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128 ) and your usual conditioner or a leave-in conditioner should fix you right up!

You might also try LOC method ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167 ) to help detangle/defrizz your hair after you wash it. The oil and extra moisture should help you detangle after you wash/condition your hair.

Just for the heck of it, what ingredients did you use to create your DIY detangling mist?

I mixed herbal essences hello hydration, rose water, olive oil with water. I'm using this for months with no issue.

Rehab350
November 13th, 2017, 06:47 AM
What's your texture?

What's your routine? Just name the products you use to wash and condition and style.

That should help us some. :flower:
My hair is thick and mixed of medium and coarse. Type 2b.
Shampoo: sunsilk black shine, or herbal essences hello hydration, the last time I used Garnier olive leaves and rosemary oil.
Conditioner: herbal essences hello hydration I stick to it.
Serum: loreal extraordinary oil.
That's what I used last time. But before that my hair was suffering from vix treatment. I posted about it here.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144585

ghanima
November 13th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I think it starts happening when I switch my shampoo days from once a week to twice a week.

This could be the reason. Maybe you could continue your shampoo with sulfates once a week and midweek just co-wash or low-poo so you get them still clean but in a gentler way?

lapushka
November 13th, 2017, 09:39 AM
My hair is thick and mixed of medium and coarse. Type 2b.
Shampoo: sunsilk black shine, or herbal essences hello hydration, the last time I used Garnier olive leaves and rosemary oil.
Conditioner: herbal essences hello hydration I stick to it.
Serum: loreal extraordinary oil.
That's what I used last time. But before that my hair was suffering from vix treatment. I posted about it here.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144585

There's nothing wrong with your shampoo & conditioner - I use pretty much the same on a weekly basis (I wash weekly), and also have about the same texture as you. I do however condition my hair twice, and use the LOC/LCO method instead of just a serum (it's a layering technique for styling). More information on both is in the links in my signature. The key to LOC/LCO is layering but layering a tiny bit of each product (like a coinsize for TBL to classic length, if your hair is shorter, use *less*).

Rehab350
November 15th, 2017, 08:59 AM
This could be the reason. Maybe you could continue your shampoo with sulfates once a week and midweek just co-wash or low-poo so you get them still clean but in a gentler way?
I did this. I barely used shampoo on my scalp only.
My hair is very soft with little frizz. I love the result, but my scalp is getting too oily. My wash day is tomorrow but it's so oily and itchy now. I will spray it with green tea, I used to use tea on my scalp months ago. It may help now.

Jo Ann
November 15th, 2017, 10:58 AM
BeautyKlove stopped with the Vicks treatment--here's why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_XbAG7td_k