PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone by Christmas 2018

Kitke
November 10th, 2017, 10:25 AM
There are already threads for Waist, Hip, and Classic, so for those of us too long for hip and too short for classic I present: the tailbone by Christmas '18 thread!

All joking aside I've made it to hip and it may be ambitious but I'm hopeful for tailbone by next Christmas!

Anyone else in? Feel free to post your photos and measure-ins as we go! :)

lapushka
November 10th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Good luck everybody. Just wanted to say that! :flower:

MoonRabbit
November 10th, 2017, 11:28 AM
I'm in. I'll have to measure tailbone today since I have no clue how far I am from it. Currently hip+ but it feels like tailbone will be a years growth.

Jas
November 10th, 2017, 12:39 PM
I might join this thread actually, I'm still not quite at BCL and it'll be nice to have a goal I'm pretty sure I can achieve next year.

I did join the classic thread but I'm not very sure I'll reach there.

lucid
November 10th, 2017, 02:07 PM
I actually think this will be my thread (and not the classic length, which I first joined). I'm closing in on TBL, but I'm doing a larger cut in March (1 year with no trimming) and maintaining a while after that. My hair grows 12 cm/5 inches a year, and I'll be trimming of 5 cm/2 inches in March, so hopefully I'll be solid TBL, with a thicker hemline next Christmas :D

Martinaa
November 10th, 2017, 03:01 PM
I seem to just hit hip or being close to it so finally a thread that suits me ! Tailbone is my ultimate goal so 2018 will be the year I achieve my goal:) Then just maintaining health and nice henlune :)

lapushka
November 10th, 2017, 03:40 PM
I actually think this will be my thread (and not the classic length, which I first joined). I'm closing in on TBL, but I'm doing a larger cut in March (1 year with no trimming) and maintaining a while after that. My hair grows 12 cm/5 inches a year, and I'll be trimming of 5 cm/2 inches in March, so hopefully I'll be solid TBL, with a thicker hemline next Christmas :D

I know you didn't ask, but judging from your profile picture, your hemline is thick already. :flower:

draysmir
November 11th, 2017, 06:08 AM
I'm in! I'm currently 3 inches from BCL, I still need to measure where TBL is but I hope it's not too far away from BCL. Depending on how much I trim, I might be able to make tailbone length by next Christmas :)

lithostoic
November 11th, 2017, 07:55 AM
This is way more feasible for me! Currently at waist+ and my final goal is tailbone.

lucid
November 11th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I know you didn't ask, but judging from your profile picture, your hemline is thick already. :flower:

Thank you, I appreciate it :D It's starting to thin out due to bleach damage, but I think a chop + microtrims will sort it out :)

butterflybutton
November 14th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I'm in! I'm almost at hip now, and from hip to tbl it's five inches, so that gives me a little wiggle room for trims.

bunzfan
November 15th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Count me in I might make it

samanthaa
November 15th, 2017, 02:55 PM
I'll probably be between tailbone and classic by Christmas 2018, so this is probably the safe thread for me to join, especially if I continue microtrimming.

If I decided to do no-trim, I wonder if I'd be be able to make classic?!

ETA: And I actually think this is the first time I've mentioned my "new goal" of classic. I've been considering it for a while but have maintained TBL as my "official" goal publicly (not that it makes much of a difference).

Dark40
November 18th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I'm joining in. I think I'll be able to reach tailbone by Christmas of 2018. I am currently at Waist.

Totty
December 17th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Count me in. TBL+ length but scissor happy due to postpartum shed. And my scissor happiness.

MoonRabbit
December 18th, 2017, 11:31 AM
I'm in. I'll have to measure tailbone today since I have no clue how far I am from it. Currently hip+ but it feels like tailbone will be a years growth.

Tailbone is 36 on me. I am around 33 but will be trimming an inch soon so it will take around 8 months to reach. This will give me a lot of wiggle room so now I need to decide if I want to join the no trim challenge or use this room to microtrim.

hayheadsbird
December 18th, 2017, 03:57 PM
I'm in! Currently waist+ and I'm fairly short so tailbone is a good challange but should be doable :)

Kitke
December 19th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Hello & welcome to everyone joining the thread!

Inspired by MoonRabbit I measured up properly today and found that tailbone is 38" on me (I'm 5'7"), and my hair is currently scraping 33". A little luck and an average growth rate could get me to tailbone in a year! Whether I can live with the state my ends will be in by then is another question :wink:

Anyone else with a fair way to go done the maths? :cool:

AutobotsAttack
January 24th, 2018, 10:31 PM
I’m about an inch from hip, so I’d like to join in.

Jas
January 25th, 2018, 03:29 AM
I did the maths too Kitke :P I've just reached BCL at 35.4 inches. TBL is 38.5 inches on me and according to my growth chart I should reach it mid June, about 4 1/2 months time.

That said, I think my hair growth has slowed down the last month and this is the longest it's ever been so it might take longer - I was supposed to make BCL a few weeks before I actually have. I guess we'll see!

Classic according to the chart is mid December but I have my doubts :P

Kitke
January 25th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Welcome, AutobotsAttack- I saw your photos in the Waist to Hip thread, you're so very close! :D

Jas, even if your hair were on a go-slow for the rest of the year, 3 inches isn't far to travel at all, especially when your hemline looks so clean & healthy. Your hair must really show every inch of growth you get! Congrats on reaching your longest ever length!

On my part I'm really doubting my ability to get to TBL within a year, my ends are in a real state and I'm not convinced of my ability to take care of them and maximise my growth. I'm coming up on one year without a cut/trim and in that time whilst I have grown from BSL to Hip, just about every single strand of my hair on my head is either split or has a white dot where the hair is about to split. All my hair is virgin and I haven't ever used hairdryers/straighteners in my life, but it still is incredibly fragile and dry, probably due to rough handling and my previously poor diet. I've tried all kinds of oiling and washing techniques but nothing seems to make my hair look presentable or moisturised- last week a friend described my hair as looking 'like straw', which was hurtful, but realistically a fair comment.

I'm getting a pair of hair scissors in the next couple of weeks and I'm contemplating chopping off the damage and old layers, but then I'd need to snip about 2-3 inches or more, and that would almost certainly put TBL out of reach for me in 2018. Decisions decisions...

longmane
March 24th, 2018, 11:10 PM
I think I might be able to join...

AutobotsAttack
March 24th, 2018, 11:45 PM
Welcome, AutobotsAttack- I saw your photos in the Waist to Hip thread, you're so very close! :D

Jas, even if your hair were on a go-slow for the rest of the year, 3 inches isn't far to travel at all, especially when your hemline looks so clean & healthy. Your hair must really show every inch of growth you get! Congrats on reaching your longest ever length!

On my part I'm really doubting my ability to get to TBL within a year, my ends are in a real state and I'm not convinced of my ability to take care of them and maximise my growth. I'm coming up on one year without a cut/trim and in that time whilst I have grown from BSL to Hip, just about every single strand of my hair on my head is either split or has a white dot where the hair is about to split. All my hair is virgin and I haven't ever used hairdryers/straighteners in my life, but it still is incredibly fragile and dry, probably due to rough handling and my previously poor diet. I've tried all kinds of oiling and washing techniques but nothing seems to make my hair look presentable or moisturised- last week a friend described my hair as looking 'like straw', which was hurtful, but realistically a fair comment.

I'm getting a pair of hair scissors in the next couple of weeks and I'm contemplating chopping off the damage and old layers, but then I'd need to snip about 2-3 inches or more, and that would almost certainly put TBL out of reach for me in 2018. Decisions decisions...

Thanks. It’s a bit longer since I put up anything in the waist to hip thread. I’m just trying to mitigate anymore breakage that’s been going on in the middle of my hair. It’s always been finicky in that area.

Good luck with getting your hair up to speed

draysmir
March 25th, 2018, 07:33 AM
I'm in! I'm currently 3 inches from BCL, I still need to measure where TBL is but I hope it's not too far away from BCL. Depending on how much I trim, I might be able to make tailbone length by next Christmas :)

I haven't posted in this thread in a few months. After my trim in a few days, I will be about 1 inch from BCL. TBL is roughly 1 1/2 inches past BCL (will remeasure in a few months probably), and with my maintaining the latter half of the year, I probably won't quite make TBL unstretched unless I get a growth spurt. I will definitely get there stretched though, since I think BCL unstretched converts to TBL stretched on me :p. If I don't make TBL by the end of the year, I will definitely expect to get there before the 2019 Winter is over, so that's ok. :)

I think I might be able to join...

Welcome! Even if you don't make the goal, you will at least be a lot closer to TBL by the end of the year, so there's no hurt in joining. :)

Cherriezzzzz
March 25th, 2018, 09:03 AM
So help me out, anatomy aside :D

Waist, tailbone, then hip and classic?

There's not too a difference btwn my hips and tailbone, I think?

Any tips for measuring cause I think I could join this thread and get to tailbone by Cmas!

Taliesin
March 25th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Yes, I'll be checking in here too! Currently I'm at BCL which is between 36.5" and 37" (a couple of weeks ago I was at 37" but had a small trim ~0.5"). I'm pushing for 40", which should be solid tailbone/mid-butt, hopefully with a good hemline. That's 9 months to get 3" and what with having to trim a little more frequently at this length should allow ample time to hit the goal!

AutobotsAttack
March 25th, 2018, 09:52 AM
So help me out, anatomy aside :D

Waist, tailbone, then hip and classic?

There's not too a difference btwn my hips and tailbone, I think?

Any tips for measuring cause I think I could join this thread and get to tailbone by Cmas!

For most folks it goes waist, hip, tailbone, classic.

Usually your hip bones sit under your belly button (unless you have hips that start rather high, but even then it’s usually still under your navel).

Tailbone is typically somewhere in the upper middle part of your bum crack, or sitting right where your bum crack starts.

Classic is right at the fold where your bum ends and your thigh starts.

If you feel comfortable measuring go for it. You can measure where a particular part of your clothes end or start. Or use a striped shirt, or striped shorts. Or just measure your hair length and, measure to where a certain milestone is and compare how much length you have left to get there.

You can just use body part milestones. While everyone is different, you can still tailor your measurement tracking to your own unique shape.

Cherriezzzzz
March 25th, 2018, 10:10 AM
For most folks it goes waist, hip, tailbone, classic.

Usually your hip bones sit under your belly button (unless you have hips that start rather high, but even then it’s usually still under your navel).

Tailbone is typically somewhere in the upper middle part of your bum crack, or sitting right where your bum crack starts.

Classic is right at the fold where your bum ends and your thigh starts.

If you feel comfortable measuring go for it. You can measure where a particular part of your clothes end or start. Or use a striped shirt, or striped shorts. Or just measure your hair length and, measure to where a certain milestone is and compare how much length you have left to get there.

You can just use body part milestones. While everyone is different, you can still tailor your measurement tracking to your own unique shape.

Bum crack :D That is perfect haha!

AutobotsAttack
March 25th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Bum crack :D That is perfect haha!

Haha! I try to use “G” rated language as best I can lol

lucid
March 25th, 2018, 01:58 PM
It depends on what you consider to be tailbone length, the top or bottom of the tailbone (the schematic below shows the tailbone in red)

https://embed.widencdn.net/img/veritas/ldzfh21j0y/1200x630px/tailbone-pain.png?u=at8tiu&use=d502n&k=c

I consider tbl to be the bottom of the tailbone, which is somewhere around mid butt length (see pic below). This gives me the three milestones, BCL, TBL and classic, at approximately equal distance, which I find a bit more motivating. :)

https://helpyourback.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/tailbone-lateral-view.jpg

JennGalt
March 25th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Is it too late for me to join? I was hesitant to call HL until quite recently because I have thin/fairytale ends, but they keep brushing my hipbones when I get dressed or into the shower. Not entirely sure what my growth rate is, but I think it's pretty fast and that I'll be able to make TBL when stretched by Xmas, if not unstretched. Presently just barely BCL when stretched.

MoonRabbit
March 25th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Is it too late for me to join? I was hesitant to call HL until quite recently because I have thin/fairytale ends, but they keep brushing my hipbones when I get dressed or into the shower. Not entirely sure what my growth rate is, but I think it's pretty fast and that I'll be able to make TBL when stretched by Xmas, if not unstretched. Presently just barely BCL when stretched.

Nope, not too late at all! Welcome :)

Dark40
March 26th, 2018, 07:03 PM
I'm going to join this thread. I have a good feeling that I will make it to tailbone length this Christmas 2018. I'm at waist length now, and I think on me tailbone is 3 or 4 inches away.

Wendyp
March 26th, 2018, 07:26 PM
I think I belong here, I’m waist and I want tailbone by Christmas!! Plus a thicker hemline too though.

AmaryllisRed
March 26th, 2018, 08:45 PM
I'm.... just gonna hang out here.
I was measuring and taking length pictures and estimating growth and it was driving me crazy.
So.
I'm HOPING for tailbone and I THINK it's attainable by Christmas. And I'm going to try not to obsess over it.

MoonRabbit
March 26th, 2018, 08:55 PM
I finally called bcl, actually I'm a bit past it but it will make for a shorter distance to tailbone, which is only 2 inches away! I'm going to make it well before christmas. I wonder if I should attempt the classic by christmas thread..

Dark40
March 26th, 2018, 09:17 PM
MoonRabbit, Congratulations on calling bcl! 2 inches isn't that far away at all. I think you will make it before christmas too. I think you should attempt the classic by christmas thread. I can't join that thread yet. Maybe next year I will.

JennGalt
March 26th, 2018, 09:39 PM
<snip>
I'm HOPING for tailbone and I THINK it's attainable by Christmas. And I'm going to try not to obsess over it.

Same here. Easier said than done!

I finally called bcl, actually I'm a bit past it but it will make for a shorter distance to tailbone, which is only 2 inches away! I'm going to make it well before christmas. I wonder if I should attempt the classic by christmas thread..

If you think you can, go for it! Sounds doable to me :) And thanks for the welcome c:

Jas
March 27th, 2018, 03:45 AM
I should be back to BCL now, forcing myself to wait until 1st April to confirm now. Eek! TBL is 8cm away from BCL (3 inches) so should be within reach for the end of the year :D

Pumpkin3826
March 28th, 2018, 12:36 PM
I think I am going to join this one. I initially joined the Classic length by Christmas 2018, but if I am being honest with myself it is not looking like that will happen. My hair has been growing almost exactly .5 inches a month. I just forgot to take into account how long of a torso I have.. I am 5'10". I measure my hair once a month and last time I measured at the beginning of March is was 38", and I would say I hit BCL in Januaryish? I have about 3-4 inches between BCL and TBL.. I have not measured where Classic would be for a while, I thought last time I did it was at 44".. So logically I should be able to make it to classic by Christmas, but when I look in the mirror and put my hands like a shelf right under my bum where I am at now just looks like I will not make it.. I don't want to get disappointed if or when I don't hit classic by Dec. 2018. So my new goal will just be getting to TBL by Christmas 2018, anything else will just be a bonus.

butterflybutton
March 29th, 2018, 05:12 AM
I've been feeling a bit unmotivated lately with my hair, but I finally gave it the first wash of the year lol, and I have a weekend of deep conditioning planned and I'm feeling more confident I can reach tbl before the end of the year

astrid92
April 11th, 2018, 03:22 PM
I'm in!☺ Right now my hair is BCL (about 35 inches) and I think it will need to grow about 3 to 3.5 inches to get to tailbone length.

butterflybutton
May 31st, 2018, 07:24 AM
I think I have made it past bcl, my ends are basically nothing though, but I quite like how it looks at the moment. Still aiming for tbl for the end of the year.

leayellena
May 31st, 2018, 07:34 AM
Exactly bcl but looking forward to a microtrim tomorrow. Few more microtrims this year then I won't trim for 2 years haha

Jas
May 31st, 2018, 07:41 AM
Just past BCL at the moment, still aiming for TBL by the end of the year. Next month (Well, 1st July) will be my three month pics/measuring so I guess we'll see exactly how close I am then! My hair growth seems so inconsistent, I had 2cm growth for like 4 months then it went to almost no growth for another few months.. now it must be growing a bit because I'm definitely BCL.

nitagurl
May 31st, 2018, 08:32 AM
This is perfect! I decided back in November '17 that I was going to make TBL my end-of-year goal for 2018 so I'm definitely jumping in on this thread. We're only six months into the year but I feel like I've made great progress. Some of my strands already touch exactly what it needs to touch :wink: and I can't wait until the big reveal in December. *Prays for patience* :pray:

MoonRabbit
May 31st, 2018, 09:35 AM
Hoping to reach tailbone by next months seasonal growth photo challenge.

AmaryllisRed
June 1st, 2018, 05:15 PM
I think I've got like 3" left to tailbone. So probably December! Exciting!

AutobotsAttack
June 3rd, 2018, 12:59 AM
Feel like I’m pretty close. My pants end at hip for me so I can keep a marker.
The rainbow that’s off to the far right on my pants is where tailbone is roughly for me.
Think I’ll be there by the end of July. BCL is where the blue cloud looking thing is near the middle of my pants a bit upwards

https://i.imgflip.com/2biows.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/2biows)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

MoonRabbit
June 22nd, 2018, 11:22 AM
Tailbone is 36 on me. I am around 33 but will be trimming an inch soon so it will take around 8 months to reach. This will give me a lot of wiggle room so now I need to decide if I want to join the no trim challenge or use this room to microtrim.

Well I made tailbone 2 months earlier than I predicted.

How is everyone else getting along?

AmaryllisRed
July 3rd, 2018, 08:07 AM
Aha! Had to go digging for this thread.
My hair feels so long today. Ever wake up and it feels like your hair grew while you were sleeping?
I'm not going to measure and possibly ruin the feeling by finding that it isn't really any longer. I'm just going to enjoy it!

Dark40
July 4th, 2018, 12:29 PM
AmaryllisRed, I don't blame you for not measuring. I don't ever measure my hair. Because, it really discourages me. Making me feel like my hair isn't getting any longer. I just look at what progress I have made over a period of time, and take it from there. Then, I enjoy it!!! :)

Wendyp
July 4th, 2018, 07:01 PM
I may make TBL by christmas after all. its growing so fast. I could probaby use a good trim, but i dont have any splits so im sticking it out. im real close to BCL. :toast:

https://i.imgur.com/ErsESwa.jpg

AmaryllisRed
July 4th, 2018, 08:48 PM
I just realized it's less than six months to Christmas!
I hope I'm within 3" or I probably won't make it.
:resists the urge to take hair down and measure to tailbone:

draysmir
July 5th, 2018, 05:08 AM
You're making good progress Wendyp! Does your picture include where TBL would be on you? If so I think you could make it to TBL without trims :)

I have started to maintain to get my hemline to one length, so I do not *expect* to be at TBL by Christmas. I grew an inch this month though (I usually grow 1/2"), so after trimming I still gained a bit of length :) I want to trim about another 2 inches by year's end, and have about one more inch to get to TBL. If I get another growth spurt then, I might make TBL by Christmas!

Wendyp
July 5th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Thx draysmir, it’s about 4-5 inches away I think. I’m micro trimming so if I don’t need a big trim I think I can make it by Xmas.

Cherriezzzzz
July 5th, 2018, 04:44 PM
I wanted to jump in with my progress! Two or three weeks till the birth of my baby and pregnancy has been VERY good for hair growth! I was not sure if I'd make it, but now I have no doubt. Maybe 4 inches? My hair grows about an inch a month. It could be even less then 4 inches but I can't get behind myself to measure :D I constantly feel it brushing up near the top of my pants area! I'm so thrilled! Onward and downward with hair growth! Woot woot

Jas
July 7th, 2018, 03:03 AM
Yay!! Everyone seems to be progressing nicely.

I am now tbl way earlier than I thought I'd be - had a growth spurt, I still don't think I'll get to classic by the end of the year but at least I'll be definitely solid tbl +

Keep going guys!!

Dark40
July 7th, 2018, 11:59 AM
I just realized it's less than six months to Christmas!
I hope I'm within 3" or I probably won't make it.
:resists the urge to take hair down and measure to tailbone:

Yes, you are right! I bet you can't resist the urge to take hair down and measure to tailbone.

AmaryllisRed
August 7th, 2018, 02:18 PM
How's everyone progressing?
I'm officially brushing BCL now and about 2" from tailbone. My goal is in sight!
I don't know how much further I'll grow beyond TBL. I love my hair long but HATE when it's wet, especially in the hot weather. That's really the only time the length bothers me.

Ylva
August 7th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Love your hair colour Wendyp!

I also don't measure my hair, because I know I'd get it all wrong every single time and my hair length would be getting longer, shorter, longer, shorter... So in the end I'd have no idea what's going on. :D

I might very carefully join this thread... My rather ambitious (maybe...?) goal was to reach TBL by the end of this year, but there's just a few days between Yule and the end of the year, so doesn't make that much difference. I will be doing upside down head massages with JBCO mixed with something runnier, probably olive oil, prior to sulfare washes. That seems to work for me at least.

ToxicBend
August 7th, 2018, 03:37 PM
I think I could do this! I’m currently 1-2 inches from tailbone but about to get a trim. Should be easy enough

Ylva
September 11th, 2018, 01:28 PM
I've now officially graduated to this thread from the BCL one. I do have a feeling that I might not quite make it to TBL by Yule, but I won't abandon all hope just yet. How is everyone doing?

AmaryllisRed
September 11th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Growing.... always growing...
Not sure how close I am. It's gonna be really close to Christmas unless I have a growth spurt... or if I stall then I'll be nowhere near!

Wendyp
September 11th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Thank you Llva!! Just seeing this today :flowers: hey you may be my hair twin! Outside of color yours is blonder, but I think we may be pretty close. Once all the damage is gone we’ll be able to tell. Your hair is gorgeous btw!

Ylva
September 12th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Thank you Llva!! Just seeing this today :flowers: hey you may be my hair twin! Outside of color yours is blonder, but I think we may be pretty close. Once all the damage is gone we’ll be able to tell. Your hair is gorgeous btw!

Actually I think my natural colour is pretty much exactly like yours. So we ARE hair twins! Thank you so much, so is yours!

Wendyp
September 12th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Actually I think my natural colour is pretty much exactly like yours. So we ARE hair twins! Thank you so much, so is yours!

Well this color is actually nightblooming sanarae, my hair was bleached light and now my roots are getting pretty grey lol. But I still say we’re close enough to call twins! Lol

Ylva
September 12th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Well this color is actually nightblooming sanarae, my hair was bleached light and now my roots are getting pretty grey lol. But I still say we’re close enough to call twins! Lol

I was referring to your roots, mine are naturally sort of grey too, or very ashy at least. It's this lovely colour we refer to as "road grey" in Finland. :lol:

AutobotsAttack
September 26th, 2018, 08:16 AM
I think I’ve made it. Curse all this butt I have lol.

The green line is Classic. So I think I’m like halfway there
https://i.imgflip.com/2irqh0.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/2irqh0)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

JennGalt
September 26th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Congrats Autobots! Very nice! I’m a little jealous, though not far behind you :D I’m eager to see what your mane looks like when you hit that green line.

AutobotsAttack
September 26th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Congrats Autobots! Very nice! I’m a little jealous, though not far behind you :D I’m eager to see what your mane looks like when you hit that green line.

Probably a bit thicker. Hopefully lol. At least going towards the middle lol. It’ll thicken up some months, and sparse back out as my hair gets longer. I’ve just left it alone and am gentle when I handle that part towards the middle.

This pictures shows my hair with like 3 days worth of build up, so I at least have an excuse as to why the top of my hair is like flying everywhere lol

Wendyp
September 26th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Congrats autobots!

AutobotsAttack
September 26th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Congrats autobots!

Aww thank you!

JennGalt
October 1st, 2018, 11:07 PM
Sooo... Gonna have to trim out some damage and leave this thread. Life happened and I ended up deviating from my routine for a few weeks and my already thin, damaged ends look even worse than they did before I started microtrimming. Apparently my poor hair couldn’t handle (not-so-benign) neglect + single digit humidity + old heat damage at the same time. Not posting pix because it’s awful.

Before all this happened, I did manage to hit BCL stretched, and photo evidence is in the imgur album in my sig. BCL also happens to be the top of my tailbone, so I guess I kinda sorta hit my goal, though not to my satisfaction. I wasn’t gonna call actual TBL until about an inch below that, and preferably curly instead of stretched. Goals aside, it’s kinda hard having to cut now because all my life I have wanted long hair but never thought I could have it; this is literally the longest my hair has ever been. But whatever... I wanna be able to wear my hair down again.

I’m still gonna stay in the Classic by Yule 2019 thread since I had planned on microtrimming out the old heat damage anyway, and CL is only about 3 or 4 inches below TBL for me anyway. So if you’re in that thread, I guess I’ll see ya there instead.

Ylva
October 2nd, 2018, 07:32 AM
JennGalt, that's a bummer, but hopefully you can feel better about your hair now. The length will come in its time, and it's important you feel happy about the process of getting there, too. :) Your hair is beautiful nonetheless, I wish I had your volume, and your curls are so pretty.

JennGalt
October 3rd, 2018, 08:11 PM
JennGalt, that's a bummer, but hopefully you can feel better about your hair now. The length will come in its time, and it's important you feel happy about the process of getting there, too. :) Your hair is beautiful nonetheless, I wish I had your volume, and your curls are so pretty.

Thanks Ylva! I’d happily trade textures with you if I could! I’d rather have gentle waves like yours.

I only trimmed a few cm or so, but it feels like a huge setback. I thought I’d have to take more off, but once the humidity went down after a big storm passed through, my hair looked better. I trimmed it into a U-shape with an average length of HL, so probably won’t hit TBL until after Xmas/Yule unless I get one of my crazy growth spurts. But I’ll have less damage to trim out once I get there, and a better (but still kinda fairytale-y) hemline :)

Ylva
October 4th, 2018, 07:57 AM
You might get a growth spurt, so don't lose hope yet! :)

lapushka
October 4th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Sooo... Gonna have to trim out some damage and leave this thread. Life happened and I ended up deviating from my routine for a few weeks and my already thin, damaged ends look even worse than they did before I started microtrimming. Apparently my poor hair couldn’t handle (not-so-benign) neglect + single digit humidity + old heat damage at the same time. Not posting pix because it’s awful.

Before all this happened, I did manage to hit BCL stretched, and photo evidence is in the imgur album in my sig. BCL also happens to be the top of my tailbone, so I guess I kinda sorta hit my goal, though not to my satisfaction. I wasn’t gonna call actual TBL until about an inch below that, and preferably curly instead of stretched. Goals aside, it’s kinda hard having to cut now because all my life I have wanted long hair but never thought I could have it; this is literally the longest my hair has ever been. But whatever... I wanna be able to wear my hair down again.

I’m still gonna stay in the Classic by Yule 2019 thread since I had planned on microtrimming out the old heat damage anyway, and CL is only about 3 or 4 inches below TBL for me anyway. So if you’re in that thread, I guess I’ll see ya there instead.

I always say, you gotta do what you gotta do! Health of the hair is what's more important than *any* challenge!

Are you happy with the growth you did get from joining a challenge like this? Or was it: meh? :) I'm curious.

JennGalt
October 4th, 2018, 07:30 PM
I feel a bit silly, posting here now more than when I actually thought I’d hit this goal, haha.

In answer to your question: honestly, I don’t know. I’ve been very trim-averse since my mom made me get a big chop when I was six because she didn’t know how to take care of my hair, so wasn’t trimming much anyway. (She had it chopped from MBL to a TWA and I fought back tears. I still haven’t quite forgiven her for it.) I feel like I’ve had a massive setback and haven’t made any progress at all. I did probably microtrim a little less than I otherwise might have due to this challenge, and I think if I had been more consistent with trimming beforehand then I’d be back at WL now. So I guess even if I don’t get a big growth spurt and hit TBL this year, it still helped some.

butterflybutton
October 20th, 2018, 04:31 AM
Just the very tips of my hair are brushing tbl, I really can't believe it, with two months to go I think I should be able to call it

Ylva
October 21st, 2018, 04:13 PM
My lead hairs are there, but I don't know if that qualifies to call it. :hmm: Maybe I'll do like I did with BCL and just measure over and over on many consecutive days, and see how I feel about it.

Synester
October 21st, 2018, 04:58 PM
UGH im at waist, id have to magically jump to hip then tailbone in 2 months and my hair never grows that fast lol. i wish. talk about a christmas wish haha

AmaryllisRed
October 21st, 2018, 07:18 PM
I think I'm close.
This is my longest layer stretched. My topmost finger marks classic. Hard to tell much in the way of anatomy in all-black clothes but I like how my hair looks against them.
https://i.imgur.com/7tJlOyR.jpg

Ylva
November 11th, 2018, 09:52 PM
Where exactly is TBL officially? Is it where it pokes out the furthest or below that? Trying to figure out when to call it officially.

AmaryllisRed
November 11th, 2018, 11:25 PM
I believe it's the bottom of your tailbone, but it can be hard to find...
Here's an old thread on the subject:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126349

For me personally I haven't been able to put my finger on the spot exactly so I'm going to be "nearly tailbone" and then someday soon I'll be "a little past tailbone" on my way to classic. Hahaha

Ylva
November 11th, 2018, 11:35 PM
I believe it's the bottom of your tailbone, but it can be hard to find...
Here's an old thread on the subject:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126349

For me personally I haven't been able to put my finger on the spot exactly so I'm going to be "nearly tailbone" and then someday soon I'll be "a little past tailbone" on my way to classic. Hahaha

Thank you very much for the link!

I think the clearest for me would be where it points outward, but I don't know, I will wait with calling it and just try and ignore my hair length for a while. Maybe I should commit to not measuring my hair for the rest of the year. :)

AmaryllisRed
November 12th, 2018, 07:17 AM

I think the clearest for me would be where it points outward, but I don't know, I will wait with calling it and just try and ignore my hair length for a while. Maybe I should commit to not measuring my hair for the rest of the year. :)

Yeah, for me, measuring makes me crazy! Ignoring works well. :)

Ylva
November 12th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Indeed!

...And after saying that, I proceeded to measure my hair. :doh:

lapushka
November 12th, 2018, 03:45 PM

It's about halfway down your bum. Just about. :)

butterflybutton
December 29th, 2018, 08:30 PM
I've made it to tbl! How did everyone else go?

Ylva
December 29th, 2018, 09:14 PM

I reached TBL as well sometime in November. :) Congratulations, by the way!

AmaryllisRed
December 29th, 2018, 10:08 PM
I called it just about two weeks ago!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34498&d=1544836353

Congrats, butterflybutton! Are you growing on to classic?

butterflybutton
December 30th, 2018, 02:45 AM

That's fantastic congrats!

I called it just about two weeks ago!

Congrats, butterflybutton! Are you growing on to classic?

Yay! Perfect timing! Congrats, your hair is devine!
Yep on to classic, stretched that is I don't know if I could handle it at classic wurly lol

AmaryllisRed
December 30th, 2018, 06:01 PM
That's fantastic congrats!

Yay! Perfect timing! Congrats, your hair is devine!
Yep on to classic, stretched that is I don't know if I could handle it at classic wurly lol

Thank you!
Yay! I'm going for classic now, too. Happy growing!

Ylva
December 31st, 2018, 07:36 PM
Congrats everyone for reaching your goals! :)

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 11:54 AM

Congratulations on reaching tbl! :) I'm still at WL. I've got a while before I reach tbl. I'd say by sometime this year I should make it there.

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 11:56 AM

Congratulations on reaching TBL in November. :) I'm not sure if I had already congratulated you or not.

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 12:03 PM
Congratulations on reaching TBL in November. :) I'm not sure if I had already congratulated you or not.

Thank you! :)

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 12:18 PM
Thank you! :)

You're welcome! :)