PDA

View Full Version : Waist by Christmas 2018!

Corvana
November 7th, 2017, 04:30 PM
We got hip, we got classic, why not waist?

I don't think I'd hit hip, and I know I wouldn't hit classic, but I think waist is doable!! Anyone else?

Dendra
November 8th, 2017, 03:07 AM
Sure, I'm in! I reckon waist is easily doable for me next year, barring some sort of tragedy. Depending on trims I will either just hit it at Christmas or be maintaining by then.

lapushka
November 8th, 2017, 03:23 AM
Great idea, Corvana! :D

Good luck to everyone working towards that goal! :cheer:

Dendra
November 8th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Thanks lapushka :beerchug:

Bambi
November 8th, 2017, 06:23 AM
I’ll join you guys😊, if you’ll have me haha.
My hair is between APL and BSL, depending on how my old bleach is doing I think it could be doable.

Dendra
November 8th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Welcome Bambi! I'm sure you can make it :)

Corvana
November 8th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Sure, I'm in! I reckon waist is easily doable for me next year, barring some sort of tragedy. Depending on trims I will either just hit it at Christmas or be maintaining by then.

Yeeaaaahh! I think I'll be just making it, or get REAL REAL close lol. Even at my current rate of .5" a month that's like 7" in the next 14 months-ish. That'll put me short about 2", but if I have a growth spurt like I did this past summer, I'll actually make it!

Great idea, Corvana! :D

Good luck to everyone working towards that goal! :cheer:

Thank you!! I believe in us haha!

I’ll join you guys��, if you’ll have me haha.
My hair is between APL and BSL, depending on how my old bleach is doing I think it could be doable.

Of course we will!

I bet you'll make it, you're already closer than I am :laugh: But even if you don't, you'll still be closer than you are right now and that's still a positive outcome!

Dendra
November 9th, 2017, 04:20 AM
Planning on giving myself a little trim today, which is sooner than I'd planned but it needs to happen. I can't have this uneven hem forever, and there's some dye damage to get rid of. I'm thinking an inch or so.

Corvana
November 9th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Planning on giving myself a little trim today, which is sooner than I'd planned but it needs to happen. I can't have this uneven hem forever, and there's some dye damage to get rid of. I'm thinking an inch or so.

Oof if my hem ever gets uneven (so far so good) I would be completely unable to avoid trimming it up. It was hard enough waiting until my shaved layers hit shoulder before evening up, and that was all able to be hidden under my longer canopy!

But also getting rid of dye damage is a great two in one thing!

Sheri Mcd
November 9th, 2017, 03:15 PM
We got hip, we got classic, why not waist?

I don't think I'd hit hip, and I know I wouldn't hit classic, but I think waist is doable!! Anyone else?
Yes! I am in with you. I am currently BSL and trying. :applause

Dendra
November 9th, 2017, 03:39 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28994&d=1510260673

This is my length as of today. I didn't end up trimming - something always gets in the way! About 4" to waist from the longest bit.

ETA: Hair was still a tiny bit wet here which accounts for the stringiness!

Corvana
November 9th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Yes! I am in with you. I am currently BSL and trying. :applause

Welcome!

This is my length as of today. I didn't end up trimming - something always gets in the way! About 4" to waist from the longest bit.

ETA: Hair was still a tiny bit wet here which accounts for the stringiness!

Woohoo! You'll make it looooooong before December, I think!

torosaurus
November 9th, 2017, 11:47 PM
I’d love to do this! Going by my average growth rate, this is totally doable.

The only thing I’m worried about is breakage, and my sinking fear of having an extremely short terminal length!

Good luck to everyone, I’m excited to see your progress! <3

Zindell
November 10th, 2017, 03:37 AM
Oh yes, I'm in! My hair is between APL and BSL, but I'm short, only 5'2'' so definitely should be doable.

I hardly trim my hair at all atm. I went 15 months without a cut, but trimmed it slightly for a job interview last month. If I can go to christmas 2018 without trimming (or maybe one small trim), I should reach waist, which would also be my goal length. :o

Good luck all!

Ps. Ignore my profile pic. That pic is from june 2016. I need to take a new one.

Suze
November 10th, 2017, 04:03 AM
I am with you guys! :cheer:

Corvana
November 10th, 2017, 10:32 AM
I’d love to do this! Going by my average growth rate, this is totally doable.

The only thing I’m worried about is breakage, and my sinking fear of having an extremely short terminal length!

Good luck to everyone, I’m excited to see your progress! <3

Welcome! I think everyone fears a terminal before their goals, at least until they get there!

Oh yes, I'm in! My hair is between APL and BSL, but I'm short, only 5'2'' so definitely should be doable.

I hardly trim my hair at all atm. I went 15 months without a cut, but trimmed it slightly for a job interview last month. If I can go to christmas 2018 without trimming (or maybe one small trim), I should reach waist, which would also be my goal length. :o

Good luck all!

Ps. Ignore my profile pic. That pic is from june 2016. I need to take a new one.

Welcome! Do take a new profile pic! I juuuuust updated my signature because I was using one from July :laugh: I can't imagine using one that's a year old! Granted, I am lazy so it's totally possible it'll happen...

I am with you guys! :cheer:

Yay!! I can't wait to see your hair at waist :inlove:

Dendra
November 10th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Woohoo! You'll make it looooooong before December, I think!

Thanks Corvana! I hope so. Your hair looks gorge in your new sig pic by the way :)

I did my trim today, I took off around 1cm, so not much, but I cut more from some of the damaged areas (between an inch and 3.5"). So in other words my hem is probably not much straighter, but the ends are blunter and should be less velcro-y.

Corvana
November 10th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Thanks Corvana! I hope so. Your hair looks gorge in your new sig pic by the way :)

I did my trim today, I took off around 1cm, so not much, but I cut more from some of the damaged areas (between an inch and 3.5"). So in other words my hem is probably not much straighter, but the ends are blunter and should be less velcro-y.

Thank you! When I updated it I realized some of my problems with my mental image of my length was because I was using a pic from like July lol.

Less velcro-y is good!

NightSister
November 10th, 2017, 04:20 PM
I'll give it a go :)

Corvana
November 10th, 2017, 08:41 PM
I'll give it a go :)

Yeah! Welcome!

Krissycats
November 10th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Waist was my goal when I joined LHC in July. I had waist length hair when I was 18 but it was in terrible condition. I cut it off when I went to college and have kept it about shoulder length ever since. Now, though, I just think I might keep growing until it stops. My hair has never been in better condition, but I still have some damage that will get trimmed off eventually. I plan to trim before the January challenge begins, then reassess in July.

Corvana
November 11th, 2017, 01:00 AM
Waist was my goal when I joined LHC in July. I had waist length hair when I was 18 but it was in terrible condition. I cut it off when I went to college and have kept it about shoulder length ever since. Now, though, I just think I might keep growing until it stops. My hair has never been in better condition, but I still have some damage that will get trimmed off eventually. I plan to trim before the January challenge begins, then reassess in July.

Welcome to the thread! Heheh

My original goal was also waist, and now I'm like "or I could go to FTL?" I'm sticking with "hip" as my current goal, though, because I don't know how I'd like it so long, and I don't want to aim for more than I'd actually want!

But FTL is so pretty... and I'd probably have a classic length braid...

Bambi
November 11th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Yeeaaaahh! I think I'll be just making it, or get REAL REAL close lol. Even at my current rate of .5" a month that's like 7" in the next 14 months-ish. That'll put me short about 2", but if I have a growth spurt like I did this past summer, I'll actually make it!

Thank you!! I believe in us haha!

Of course we will!

I bet you'll make it, you're already closer than I am :laugh: But even if you don't, you'll still be closer than you are right now and that's still a positive outcome!

I’m super-motivated this time around (had somewhere between waist and hip earlier this year but I decided to cut it, couldn’t stand the damage)!

I’ve realized how much I value having good quality so now the added lenght will just be a wonderful bonus.

Corvana
November 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
I’m super-motivated this time around (had somewhere between waist and hip earlier this year but I decided to cut it, couldn’t stand the damage)!

I’ve realized how much I value having good quality so now the added lenght will just be a wonderful bonus.

I feel you there! So far I prefer quality over quantity, and I don't know if that will change any time soon. I used to always cut my hair instead of trim it, so that it wouldn't grow past whatever point I'd decided was too long back in the day. When I had a bunch of bleach damage, I went all in for a pixie cut.

Part of me is a little jealous of people who are willing to baby their hair and microtrim through damage, or grow it to a certain very long point before trimming.

Bambi
November 11th, 2017, 12:58 PM
I feel you there! So far I prefer quality over quantity, and I don't know if that will change any time soon. I used to always cut my hair instead of trim it, so that it wouldn't grow past whatever point I'd decided was too long back in the day. When I had a bunch of bleach damage, I went all in for a pixie cut.

Part of me is a little jealous of people who are willing to baby their hair and microtrim through damage, or grow it to a certain very long point before trimming.

I agree, wish I could do that too...I have tried to microtrim it but I feel so embarrased when my hair looks damaged....:(.

Maybe we have better luck now?

PillowForts17
November 11th, 2017, 10:17 PM
I'm hopeful that I can reach this goal by then. I've grown from a little longer than Chin Length to around APL in my hair growth journey so far. I haven't had a trim since starting to grow my hair out so I might get a trim done before the new year and go the year without trimming again.

Corvana
November 11th, 2017, 11:30 PM
I'm hopeful that I can reach this goal by then. I've grown from a little longer than Chin Length to around APL in my hair growth journey so far. I haven't had a trim since starting to grow my hair out so I might get a trim done before the new year and go the year without trimming again.

Welcome! I'm almost at APL myself, so it'll be extra interesting for me to see how far you make it in a year!

TheCurlyMermaid
November 27th, 2017, 03:56 PM
I'm planning to give myself a bit of a trim next month, but then my goal is to have my 3b curls sitting comfortably at waist length by Christmas 2018, so I'm in!

TheCurlyMermaid
November 27th, 2017, 03:57 PM
I'm planning to give myself a bit of a trim next month, but then my goal is to have my 3b curls sitting comfortably at waist length by Christmas 2018, so I'm in!

Ah- I forgot to mention. My curls currently sit between BSL and MBL!

Corvana
November 27th, 2017, 04:46 PM

Ah- I forgot to mention. My curls currently sit between BSL and MBL!

Welcome to the thread!!

Dendra
December 21st, 2017, 06:20 AM
How is everyone doing?

I have about four inches to waist. I've drawn a green line at waist, a blue line to indicate where my longest layer is and a yellow line along the bulk of my hair's thickness. If we're going from the bulk of the thickness, I have about 5 inches to go. (Ignore the purple line, that's just to mark how much my virgin hair has grown!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29549&d=1513800985

ladycaladium
December 22nd, 2017, 12:49 AM
I'll join - my 'runners' are already there (I think), but I plan to be solidly at waist but December 2018. I've got damage and some issues with thinning due to a thyroid/other medical stuff, but am in the process of getting that sorted. So here's to being solidly (and hopefully a little thicker) at waist!

Dendra
December 22nd, 2017, 02:33 AM
I'll join - my 'runners' are already there (I think), but I plan to be solidly at waist but December 2018. I've got damage and some issues with thinning due to a thyroid/other medical stuff, but am in the process of getting that sorted. So here's to being solidly (and hopefully a little thicker) at waist!

Woo! We can do it!

Joyful Mystery
December 22nd, 2017, 10:38 AM
I'll join. I think this is a realistic goal for me.

lapushka
December 23rd, 2017, 03:41 PM
How is everyone doing?

I have about four inches to waist. I've drawn a green line at waist, a blue line to indicate where my longest layer is and a yellow line along the bulk of my hair's thickness. If we're going from the bulk of the thickness, I have about 5 inches to go. (Ignore the purple line, that's just to mark how much my virgin hair has grown!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29549&d=1513800985

Is it me or is your green line an inch lower than waist? Judging from the left side of your picture, the indentation to the smallest of your back is an inch up, or thereabouts. Just thought I'd mention it. :flower:

Dendra
December 23rd, 2017, 06:39 PM
Is it me or is your green line an inch lower than waist? Judging from the left side of your picture, the indentation to the smallest of your back is an inch up, or thereabouts. Just thought I'd mention it. :flower:

You're so right! Thanks for bringing it up :) I've amended the picture the best I can to show where waist is. The line is tilted because until I straightened it the entire photo was at quite a dramatic slant. Because of this it's quite a confusing photo so I'll get my DBF to take a better one next time he's around!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29584&d=1514079271

Joyful Mystery
January 3rd, 2018, 02:38 PM
Recalling the progress I made last year, I'm feeling pretty darn good about reaching waist by Christmas. My hair may actually grow more than that :hmm:

Good luck everyone!

Corvana
January 3rd, 2018, 06:27 PM
I'll join. I think this is a realistic goal for me.

Yay!

You're so right! Thanks for bringing it up :) I've amended the picture the best I can to show where waist is. The line is tilted because until I straightened it the entire photo was at quite a dramatic slant. Because of this it's quite a confusing photo so I'll get my DBF to take a better one next time he's around!

You'll make it for sure!!

Recalling the progress I made last year, I'm feeling pretty darn good about reaching waist by Christmas. My hair may actually grow more than that :hmm:

Good luck everyone!

Certainly possible! Your growth rate is pretty darn good, and you've already got a pretty good start, too!

Corvana
January 3rd, 2018, 06:33 PM
I've been looking for this thread, but apparently missed it the past few times it was bumped up with posts!

My growth rate has been a steady 5"/mo, so it's not super likely I'll hit full waist. But I'll definitely be at least 6" closer, and who can be mad at that?! I'm starting the year with 21", and waist is 29"!

Also, Joyful Mystery, I took a page out of your book and my new avatar is cropped at APL!

Andthetalltrees
January 3rd, 2018, 06:51 PM
My hair is currently sitting around 27.5, Waist is 29"-ish so I know I'll definitely be waist by then, with my growth rate I might even be looking at hip by Christmas, But for now I'm looking forward to waist!

Corvana
January 3rd, 2018, 06:54 PM
My hair is currently sitting around 27.5, Waist is 29"-ish so I know I'll definitely be waist by then, with my growth rate I might even be looking at hip by Christmas, But for now I'm looking forward to waist!

Well, waist comes before hip, and it's still before Christmas, so technically you still belong here ;)

ladycaladium
January 4th, 2018, 12:58 AM
I kinda trimmed my damage off and am now sitting around shoulder (I think) so waist is a bit further off than Christmas unless a nice spurt happens.

victorian girl
January 4th, 2018, 01:07 AM
I think I can get quite close to waist, at least stretched, so I'm in! I'm not tall at all, 5"3, I've done it before, and since I've gained some weight, my waist traveled a bit higher.

diddiedaisy
January 4th, 2018, 01:47 AM
I’ll join....again!!! I did reach waist last year but I chopped back to bsl. Depending on what trims I do I’ll reach it.

I’ve put weight on too but it’s made my waist lower.

FaerieKitty
January 4th, 2018, 02:19 AM
I'm also in. I'm at BSL now and did a little trim new years eve with plans to no trim 2018. I'm confident that I can get to waist :)

Andthetalltrees
January 4th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Well, waist comes before hip, and it's still before Christmas, so technically you still belong here ;)

Well if I'm invited to stay I'll make myself comfy!

Dendra
January 5th, 2018, 05:05 AM
I've been looking for this thread, but apparently missed it the past few times it was bumped up with posts!

Ps Corvana did you subscribe to the thread? That way you'll never miss it :cool:

dansyl
January 5th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Add me in please! I just chopped from past waist to about an inch or so above BSL due to old bleach damage.

Joyful Mystery
January 5th, 2018, 12:06 PM

My growth rate has been a steady 5"/mo, so it's not super likely I'll hit full waist. But I'll definitely be at least 6" closer, and who can be mad at that?! I'm starting the year with 21", and waist is 29"!

Also, Joyful Mystery, I took a page out of your book and my new avatar is cropped at APL!

Awesome! You'll be in the APL to BSL thread in no time! :cheer:

Corvana
January 5th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Ps Corvana did you subscribe to the thread? That way you'll never miss it :cool:

I haven't, but I 100% should. It will be my first one! Hehehe

Awesome! You'll be in the APL to BSL thread in no time! :cheer:

:joy: Yeah I will! It's exciting lol.

Salwety
January 6th, 2018, 04:24 AM
I joined last years thread of reaching WL. But I didn't make it. And a week ago I trimmed one inch. So I still have a long time in the "to WL" territory. Good luch everyone.

Hiyotoris
January 6th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I'll join in! I'm about 3-4in from waist. I plan to not trim for atleast 6months(I am aiming for the year, but I don't want to feel disapointed if I do trim my hair), that way I can get mostly there, then maybe trim to cut out my layers over time.

Dendra
January 6th, 2018, 03:59 PM
I'll join in! I'm about 3-4in from waist. I plan to not trim for atleast 6months(I am aiming for the year, but I don't want to feel disapointed if I do trim my hair), that way I can get mostly there, then maybe trim to cut out my layers over time.

Exactly my situation! Except for I probably will take an inch off within the next 6 months.

Hiyotoris
January 7th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Exactly my situation! Except for I probably will take an inch off within the next 6 months.

I'm also growing out a lot of bleach, I have about 3-4in of regrowth. My main goal is knee length virgin hair :D though I am happy to make stops along the way to grow out layers, or to cut off an extra inch when the time comes like when I have a final inch of bleach left in my hair.

divinedobbie
January 7th, 2018, 07:26 PM
I would like to join! Just cut back to BSL on new years eve and I have 4-5" to go (depending how much I weigh :D). I really want to do a full no trim year but we'll see.

alimc
January 8th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Ooh, fantastic thread! Waist was my original goal when i joined LHC. It would be the longest my hair has ever been, thats exciting :joy:

Id love to be part of this party too please.... :D

MakeupMornings
January 8th, 2018, 03:24 AM
I'll join!!!
Although after I took this picture I'm torn in between letting my hair be and join the "No Trim 2018" as my first plan was.. or if I really just need to get a huge trim??

Parts of the hair is uneven due to old damage (straightening, coloring), but some of it I also have the awful layers to blame!

(Oh, and plus, I just washed it)

chomsky
January 8th, 2018, 04:22 AM
I joined the one last year but my mum gave me quite the chop when she "trimmed" my hair (from BSL to APL). I was wanted to cry at first, but that hair was thinned out/layered when I went to a shoddy hairdresser (and the lady used pomade to straighten it! The smell when it burnt, gross) so it would have to go anyway.

Not too far from waist now and minimal damage left from the hairdresser, so there's nothing in my way!

Good luck all!!

Dendra
January 8th, 2018, 07:32 AM
I'll join!!!
Although after I took this picture I'm torn in between letting my hair be and join the "No Trim 2018" as my first plan was.. or if I really just need to get a huge trim??

Parts of the hair is uneven due to old damage (straightening, coloring), but some of it I also have the awful layers to blame!

(Oh, and plus, I just washed it)

MakeupMornings I can't see your photo - since photobucket has changed it's rules most people use Imgur :)

I joined the one last year but my mum gave me quite the chop when she "trimmed" my hair (from BSL to APL). I was wanted to cry at first, but that hair was thinned out/layered when I went to a shoddy hairdresser (and the lady used pomade to straighten it! The smell when it burnt, gross) so it would have to go anyway.

Not too far from waist now and minimal damage left from the hairdresser, so there's nothing in my way!

Good luck all!!

Sorry you had a bad hairdressing experience, pomade as a straightener?? Sounds like you've made good progress though :toast:

MakeupMornings
January 8th, 2018, 07:46 AM
MakeupMornings I can't see your photo - since photobucket has changed it's rules most people use Imgur :)

Thanks for letting me now!! I've edited my post and the photo should now be visible! :)

Dendra
January 8th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Thanks for letting me now!! I've edited my post and the photo should now be visible! :)

Excellent, yes I can see it now! Your waves and colour are really pretty :)

Dendra
January 8th, 2018, 05:34 PM
This is a better photo than I posted before, but the perspective makes it look closer to waist than it is (I have my dressing gown tie round my waist :laugh:). It's at least four inches away.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29812&d=1515458155

torosaurus
January 8th, 2018, 10:55 PM
This is a better photo than I posted before, but the perspective makes it look closer to waist than it is (I have my dressing gown tie round my waist :laugh:). It's at least four inches away.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29812&d=1515458155

Looking great, Dendra! You'll be waist in no time.

Dendra
January 9th, 2018, 04:32 AM
Ahh thank you toro :o

lottiealice
January 9th, 2018, 07:24 AM
I'm hoping I can get to waist, it was chin length a year and a half ago so I don't think it's entirely unrealistic. (My hair isn't curly, those are braid waves!)

https://i.imgur.com/lgfLBdt.jpg

NightSister
January 9th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Dendra and lottiealice, both of you are off to a beautiful start! <3

Ophidian
January 9th, 2018, 08:39 AM
I want to join you all so bad but waist is 36" on me so even though I'm around 27" now I'll have to jump on the Christmas 2019 bandwagon.

*cue world's tiniest violin* :violin:

emptyque
January 9th, 2018, 02:49 PM
I might make it. I'm not sure. I am basically 6 inches away, but I might need to trim a bit later this year.

Corvana
January 9th, 2018, 03:01 PM
I want to join you all so bad but waist is 36" on me so even though I'm around 27" now I'll have to jump on the Christmas 2019 bandwagon.

I'm at 21" and waist is 29", so technically I won't make it either! And I made the thread!

Dendra
January 11th, 2018, 04:22 AM

:laugh: Ahh Ophidian well at least your hair will be super long and impressive by the time it does reach waist.

lottiealice your hair looks really nice! I like the braidwaves.

Joyful Mystery
January 11th, 2018, 11:51 AM
I'm at 21" and waist is 29", so technically I won't make it either! And I made the thread!

Waist on me is also 29"! Solid APL was 21". Top of BSL is 24". Bottom of BSL is 25.5" (I prefer thicker banded bras).

Andthetalltrees
January 11th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Waist on me is also 29"! Solid APL was 21". Top of BSL is 24". Bottom of BSL is 25.5" (I prefer thicker banded bras).

I'm another person whose waist is 29", APL is 21", and BSL was 25.5 too! We have similar proportions :p . I use to think that waist looked ages away a few months ago, But it doesn't look too bad now!

Ophidian
January 11th, 2018, 02:33 PM

:laugh:
Eh, technically schmecnically :p

NikitaJane
January 11th, 2018, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure if it's realistic for me, but I'll give it a try anyway

Corvana
January 11th, 2018, 04:51 PM

I'm another person whose waist is 29", APL is 21", and BSL was 25.5 too! We have similar proportions :p . I use to think that waist looked ages away a few months ago, But it doesn't look too bad now!

Ooooh that's cool! My bras go from 24" to 26.5", so I've REALLY got thick bands hehehe. But it's so comfyyyy. And solid APL is 22.5", so a little different! I would've been shocked if all three of us had the exact same thing :laugh:

TiffPhares
January 11th, 2018, 07:30 PM
I will join in. I'm at BSL now with my curls but have a trim scheduled for the end of the month. I'm hopeful that I can reach this goal. It will be the longest I've let my hair grow since I was 12.
My long-term goal is TBL, but trying to focus on small goals. So hoping that by the end of the year my curls will be at Waist outstretched.

rhosyn_du
January 15th, 2018, 02:40 AM
I'll join. I'm just BSL, and I'm not quite sure how far I've got to go, since my natural waist seems to be migrating downward as I lose weight (irritating for hair growth, by a huge improvement when it comes to being able to find pants that fit!), but I'm hoping to make it to waist this year.

SwanFeathers
January 27th, 2018, 04:49 AM
I'm in :) maybe by then I will stop thinking of my hair as short

Coral Grimes
January 30th, 2018, 06:55 AM
I'll join. My longest pieces are well past BSL when stretched so hopefully if I don't trim it will give my layers time to catch up. :)

Corvana
January 30th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Welcome welcome new peoples!

So I grew a touch over the average .5"/mo I'd been getting the last 6 months or so! .7" this month, and .2" closer to APL and BSL and waist than I expected to be!

Joyful Mystery
January 30th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Congratulation, Corvana! Hoping to see you in the APL to BSL thread soon. :)

Dendra
January 30th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Welcome welcome new peoples!

So I grew a touch over the average .5"/mo I'd been getting the last 6 months or so! .7" this month, and .2" closer to APL and BSL and waist than I expected to be!

I also grew a touch over half an inch, probably about .7" as well! Must be something about January...

Krissycats
January 30th, 2018, 04:12 PM
I was shocked to see that mine had grown one inch since my Dec. 27 trim. Happy, though, since I had trimmed off 1 1/2 inches and was feeling rather sad about it.

Dendra
January 30th, 2018, 05:22 PM
I was shocked to see that mine had grown one inch since my Dec. 27 trim. Happy, though, since I had trimmed off 1 1/2 inches and was feeling rather sad about it.

That's a nice bonus!

Corvana
January 30th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Congratulation, Corvana! Hoping to see you in the APL to BSL thread soon. :)

You definitely will, unless you've outgrown it by April!

I also grew a touch over half an inch, probably about .7" as well! Must be something about January...

Oh awesome!! It's always nice to get a little extra!

That's great! You'll make it in no time, if that's your growth rate.

longmanedreamer
January 30th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Ohhh I would love to make this goal!!! But doubt it will happen. I have VERY slow growing hair and I am at bsl right now...but I can sure try!!

divinedobbie
January 30th, 2018, 10:03 PM
Wow growing an inch in a month is my dream! I was happy because I got a solid 0.5" this month when I barely get that if I'm lucky.

Joyful Mystery
February 17th, 2018, 01:38 PM
I'm not checking my length until April. I'm done with monthly length checks. It's much more fun to check once every 3 or 4 months. :) My usually speedy growth seems to have slowed some but that's just fine. Ever since my hair reached APL, I'm much more patient!

krispie
February 17th, 2018, 01:46 PM
I'm joining! Currently my hair is almost just below my bra strap... but I think I'll make hip by christmas :D

nycelle
February 17th, 2018, 01:51 PM
I wish- just had my dh measure and I'm 6.5" away. Apparently waist on me is 32" and I'm at 25.5" right now.
Fingers crossed that I have a growth spurt and can keep myself from trims!

Corvana
February 18th, 2018, 12:13 AM
I'm not checking my length until April. I'm done with monthly length checks. It's much more fun to check once every 3 or 4 months. :) My usually speedy growth seems to have slowed some but that's just fine. Ever since my hair reached APL, I'm much more patient!

I think I'll be the same way! I'm still measuring right now, but I might just stop after April's length photo! If I've moved to APL to BSL then, I'll likely only measure when I take the photo!

Dendra
February 18th, 2018, 04:41 AM
You guys are so good for being patient and not measuring (or planning to!) I have a designated measuring day each month and I don't think I could measure less than that, I really look forward to it all month haha :yumm:

Estrid
February 18th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Oh, if only I could reach waist by Christmas! I know I won't be able to, it took me 1 year and 3 months to grow from this point to waist last time around, and I still got some trimming to do...

It is what it is :shrug:

Suze
February 18th, 2018, 03:29 PM
You guys are so good for being patient and not measuring (or planning to!) I have a designated measuring day each month and I don't think I could measure less than that, I really look forward to it all month haha :yumm:

Hehe, me too!

I'm only 2 inches away guys!:cheer: I have had more growth than usual for the last 2 months. 1,5cm instead of 1cm. I really hope once I reach waist and trim out all layers and have a better hemline I will be hairhappy. I probably want to grow it longer once I reach waist though. Long hair is awesome!

circlers
February 18th, 2018, 04:17 PM
I want to join this thread too! Although I'm only at APL, it would be a nice christmas gift. Well, I'm joinin just to give my body and my hair a little bit of extra motivation to make me happy and grow hahaha

VersLaLumière
February 19th, 2018, 12:01 AM
Barring some sort of disaster, I should get there for sure! I'm at MBL now, and may even pass waist by Christmas.

Andthetalltrees
February 20th, 2018, 01:58 AM
I envy everyone who is patient here, I get really antsy when I'm just above a milestone. I think I'll be that way no matter how long it gets, It's just that anticipation. I'm trying hard not to measure or length check though, It's proving hard to do though because I'm THIS close to waist

circlers
February 20th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I envy everyone who is patient here, I get really antsy when I'm just above a milestone. I think I'll be that way no matter how long it gets, It's just that anticipation. I'm trying hard not to measure or length check though, It's proving hard to do though because I'm THIS close to waist

How do you keep yourself from measuring? I literally measure every other night if I don't tell myself "No Anna stop this is bordering obsession"

Also how do you guys measure? Do you start from the top of your head or from the beginning of your hairline (front to back)?

Joyful Mystery
February 20th, 2018, 09:30 AM
circlers, wearing it up all the time helps. I put mine up in the morning and leave it up until bedtime when I put it in my sleep cap.

For measuring, I start at the hairline. :) I really like measuring/length checks once every 3 or 4 months. I see much more progress! You won't notice much difference if you check every other day.

nycelle
February 20th, 2018, 09:31 AM
How do you keep yourself from measuring? I literally measure every other night if I don't tell myself "No Anna stop this is bordering obsession"

Also how do you guys measture? Do you start from the top of your head or from the beginning of your hairline (front to back)?

I believe I read here where your hairline starts, so front to back. That's how I did it.

wannabe-rusalka
February 20th, 2018, 01:54 PM
I’m pretty close to BSL and have a pretty fast growth rate but am 5’7 so I’m not entirely confident I will make it to WL by next Christmas but if I’m close I’ll be happy! I might lurk if nothing else...

Joyful Mystery
February 20th, 2018, 02:37 PM
^Yes! Even if we don't make it, at least we'll be closer!

circlers
February 20th, 2018, 03:55 PM
^That's honestly what I joined this thread for

chomsky
February 20th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Welcome and good luck to those that recently joined!

I'm glad my hair is curly. Since I'm in a challenge, any growth will be a surprise at the end of the year. :lol:

Corvana
February 22nd, 2018, 12:35 AM

I tell you what, I was exactly the same when I first joined. I was just so excited, I wanted to growgrowgrowgrowgrow. But thankfully I'm the sort of person that tends to mellow after a bit, especially when it's for something that I can track the regularity of.

And since I'm incredibly close to APL, I 100% sneaky towel-test every time I shower :laugh:. But I've managed to ACTUALLY towel test (by having my husband take my photo so I can be sure I'm not tilting to get the picture), and I've also managed to not measure! That's uuuuuh in like a week I think? It might actually be this Sunday, now that I think about it :hmm:

Also how do you guys measture? Do you start from the top of your head or from the beginning of your hairline (front to back)?

It took me like 5 months until I stopped feeling the urge to measure so often. And I'm glad! I was super obsessed for a good while, and I hate when I get like that!

And I measure from my front hairline, LHC style. It really does help to keep it consistent.

I’m pretty close to BSL and have a pretty fast growth rate but am 5’7 so I’m not entirely confident I will make it to WL by next Christmas but if I’m close I’ll be happy! I might lurk if nothing else...

I literally made the thread with that exact thought! No matter what, I'll be closer to waist than I was when I started!

Welcome and good luck to those that recently joined!

I'm glad my hair is curly. Since I'm in a challenge, any growth will be a surprise at the end of the year. :lol:

:rollin:

Joyful Mystery
February 22nd, 2018, 12:25 PM
I was super excited when I first joined, too! I just couldn't wait to get to APL. But I knew I would mellow out once I actually hit that milestone, and I have!

Dendra
February 23rd, 2018, 02:38 PM
Cross posting from the BSL -> Waist thread:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30411&d=1519408512

I measured 28" today so I should only have three more inches to go till waist. Looking forward to maintaining and changing my hemline from a deep V to a mild U.

circlers
February 26th, 2018, 01:20 AM
Thanks guys, I was measuring it just from the top and then I measured it from the hairline, and it's indeed more consistent.
I've made a hair growth tracker on my bujo, so I guess I'll be measuring it at the end of each month, unless I have to test the inversion method live for my youtube channel, in which case I guess I'll do it in the beginning and end of the week!

Sooooo 2 DAYS LEFT UNTIL MEASURING DAY YAY :D I'm excited and trying to refrain from measuring today!

Ariel love
February 26th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I'm in too. I am in between BSL and mid-back and as my hair grow slow I guess I might take the challenge and be able to achieve it cause there's still 10 months left and 6 inches to my waist.

Joyful Mystery
February 26th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Welcome, Ariel love, and good luck! :cheer:

Dendra, not too far to go. :)

unheardletters
February 26th, 2018, 10:30 AM
I should get to waist for December. I am midback now.

lakhesis
February 26th, 2018, 11:33 AM
I will join you, BSL right now
I might be able to reach waist by Christmas if I don't overdo it with trims

Dendra
February 26th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Welcome, Ariel love, and good luck! :cheer:

Dendra, not too far to go. :)

Yep, not too far! With a couple of small trims I should still make it, fingers crossed :)

Welcome all newbies and happy growing.

Corvana
February 27th, 2018, 04:02 AM
Welcome everyone!!

I believe, as long as my growth rate continues at its average .5"/mo, that I'll hit waist at the end of next January or so! I'll cross my fingers for a summer growth spurt, though :laugh:

circlers
March 2nd, 2018, 01:31 PM
I just measured my hair and it's about 2,5cm (1 inch) longer than it was last month, so I consider my hair to grow pretty fast. I'm not at BSL yet but with this rate, and the things I'm planning to do and document for my hair journey, who knows, it might be possible to get to waist in 10 months!

Corvana
March 3rd, 2018, 03:34 AM
I just measured my hair and it's about 2,5cm (1 inch) longer than it was last month, so I consider my hair to grow pretty fast. I'm not at BSL yet but with this rate, and the things I'm planning to do and document for my hair journey, who knows, it might be possible to get to waist in 10 months!

Goodness! Well, be sure not to make any plans until you've been measuring for a few months! I learned that the hard way :laugh: The first two months I measured I grew ~1 each month, maybe a little more. But then it dropped to .5"/month for every month since. It took a few to get over my disappointment, because I'd expected to grow that much every month and then when that wasn't the case I had to sort of start over when it came to my expectations, as they were basically doubled. At that rate I was going to be APL in November, and hitting BSL about now, and waist in May.

I'm not saying that's not your regular growth rate, of course, just that it might be best to have a few months of data to be sure!

circlers
March 3rd, 2018, 07:54 AM
Goodness! Well, be sure not to make any plans until you've been measuring for a few months! I learned that the hard way :laugh: The first two months I measured I grew ~1 each month, maybe a little more. But then it dropped to .5"/month for every month since. It took a few to get over my disappointment, because I'd expected to grow that much every month and then when that wasn't the case I had to sort of start over when it came to my expectations, as they were basically doubled. At that rate I was going to be APL in November, and hitting BSL about now, and waist in May.

I'm not saying that's not your regular growth rate, of course, just that it might be best to have a few months of data to be sure!

Of course, I understand that! I always thought my hair grows fast honestly, since I cut it to around collarbone in october and now it's almost at BSL (I think I trimmed it twice, too) but it's nice to finally have data in numbers. Of course I'm not taking that for granted, and I know it can just decide to grow super slow hahah I'm just trying to enjoy this and give myself a positivity boost while it lasts ;)

Krissycats
March 3rd, 2018, 08:36 AM
I am very impatient, but I'm still hoping for waist by Christmas. Come on hair! Grow!

wannabe-rusalka
March 3rd, 2018, 10:25 PM
After taking a pic of my hair today, I am starting to believe that waist by Christmas might actually be possible for me.:D

circlers
March 5th, 2018, 11:13 AM
After taking a pic of my hair today, I am starting to believe that waist by Christmas might actually be possible for me.:D

Yaaaaas please share more hair photos as well hahah I absolutely adore your hair!!

wannabe-rusalka
March 5th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Yaaaaas please share more hair photos as well hahah I absolutely adore your hair!!

Thank you! I shall soon :) I love your hair too as well its so shiny and thick looking :heartbeat

circlers
March 7th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Thank you! I shall soon :) I love your hair too as well its so shiny and thick looking :heartbeat

Aaah thank you so much! I never realized how much it meant to me to get compliments on "hair thickness" until recently. Last week I met some friends in Uni and they complimented my hair, about how thick my braid was etc and it felt so nice hahaha

Joyful Mystery
March 27th, 2018, 10:40 AM
March is almost over! Looking forward to checking my length next month (around the 20th).

Congrats again Corvana on making APL! :beercheer:

Solgave
March 27th, 2018, 02:35 PM
I am joining in here! :D I do not know what a normal growth rate is for my hair, but i think it is not impossible to reach waist by December. I measured my hair to 25,75" today and my waist is at 30". Where is it normal to measure hip measurement by the way? At the top of the hip bone? :)

Corvana
March 27th, 2018, 03:04 PM
March is almost over! Looking forward to checking my length next month (around the 20th).

Congrats again Corvana on making APL! :beercheer:

Thank you!! I get to REALLY see on Sunday, but I mean... it's definitely there :laugh:

I am joining in here! :D I do not know what a normal growth rate is for my hair, but i think it is not impossible to reach waist by December. I measured my hair to 25,75" today and my waist is at 30". Where is it normal to measure hip measurement by the way? At the top of the hip bone? :)

Welcome to the thread! I put hip at about where I like my pants to sit, unless I'm going high-waisted. I think the top of ones hipbones might be too close to waist (as waist is essentially the gap between the ribs and the hips).

circlers
March 27th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Yesterday I realized that I reached BSL, so maybe it's not that crazy to hope for WL by december after all!

Corvana congratulations!!

Solgave yep, that's where I personally would measure it! Like, the top of the bone that sticks out in the front of my belly, not the one on the sides, becaus as Corvana said, that one seems too close to waist.

Pineapple1987
March 27th, 2018, 04:43 PM
I am in,.....currently at bra strap. I have a serious addiction to heat styling which hinders my growth:flamed:, but I am gonna try my BEST to stay away from any and all heat. Lets see how long I can go LOL

Corvana
March 27th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Yesterday I realized that I reached BSL, so maybe it's not that crazy to hope for WL by december after all!

Corvana congratulations!!

Solgave yep, that's where I personally would measure it! Like, the top of the bone that sticks out in the front of my belly, not the one on the sides, becaus as Corvana said, that one seems too close to waist.

Congrats on BSL! You're leaving the thread as I join it hehe.

I am in,.....currently at bra strap. I have a serious addiction to heat styling which hinders my growth:flamed:, but I am gonna try my BEST to stay away from any and all heat. Lets see how long I can go LOL

Welcome and good luck!! I use very minimal heat, and only when I want my hair to look nice while down. Otherwise I just let it air dry and then put it up!

Spikey
March 27th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Okay, I'm joining! I suppose technically I'm already at waist, but that's just my longest layer stretched. The majority of my hair, when curly, is maybe midback? A bit past BSL? So I think I can get to waist without stretching by christmas. Good luck everybody!

Joyful Mystery
March 28th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Welcome to those new to this thread! :waving:

Solgave
April 6th, 2018, 11:43 AM
It is about a month since my last picture was taken so i made one today to compare. :cheer: The angle of the pictures is not quite the same, so i dont think the growth is as much as it looks like in the pictures :ponder: https://i.imgur.com/ANl8e0m.jpg

Salwety
April 6th, 2018, 10:28 PM
It is about a month since my last picture was taken so i made one today to compare. :cheer: The angle of the pictures is not quite the same, so i dont think the growth is as much as it looks like in the pictures :ponder: https://i.imgur.com/ANl8e0m.jpg

Woooow :magic: can you please lend me your growth rate for few months.

zanelle
April 7th, 2018, 06:36 AM
I might make it till Christmas too, not so sure.
Some layers are there when stretched, but I want a thicker hemline.
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/WhatsApp%20Image%202018-03-22%20at%2018.06.39.jpeg

PillowForts17
April 7th, 2018, 09:24 AM
I haven't been on the forums in what feels like forever. I've had a bad turn with my health and gone to see a few doctors. Turns out I have Interstitial Cystitis which doesn't do anything to your hair. But the new medicine I'm taking for it has like a 10% chance of causing hair loss. I just started taking it this week so if I'm going to have that side effect it won't show up for another month or so. I'm worried about it because I've been trying to really take care of my hair for almost two years now and if this happens I'm probably going to freak out. My husband keeps telling me the likelihood that I'll get that side effect is so slim that I should just stop worrying about it. But I'll check in again once we know what my side effects are going to be. Still hoping for waist by Christmas 2018.

Dendra
April 7th, 2018, 11:01 AM
I haven't been on the forums in what feels like forever. I've had a bad turn with my health and gone to see a few doctors. Turns out I have Interstitial Cystitis which doesn't do anything to your hair. But the new medicine I'm taking for it has like a 10% chance of causing hair loss. I just started taking it this week so if I'm going to have that side effect it won't show up for another month or so. I'm worried about it because I've been trying to really take care of my hair for almost two years now and if this happens I'm probably going to freak out. My husband keeps telling me the likelihood that I'll get that side effect is so slim that I should just stop worrying about it. But I'll check in again once we know what my side effects are going to be. Still hoping for waist by Christmas 2018.

I hope you're okay, cystitis is so awful, I'm sorry you've got that. Fingers crossed for no side effects.

pili
April 7th, 2018, 11:06 AM
I'll bite. I should hit hip stretched by the end of the year, but with curls I have no idea if that will mean waist with shrinkage. It will be borderline. I have 4.5" between waist and hip. The weight of my hair at that length should help.

SallySue
April 7th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Pili, I understand! It's a constant frustration to try to measure progress when curly. Even though my hair is not quite as curly as yours, it's still roughly a full milestone difference from natural to stretched.
My current goal is to straighten my hair around Christmas and miraculously see it go from BSL to waist.

Siv
April 8th, 2018, 03:18 AM
I thought I'd hit waist by Christmas last year judging by my usual growth rate, but I've been dealing with a ridiculous amount of split ends, so I've only gained maybe two inches in six months (including trims). Since my hair is lightened by the sun during summer I can see that my winter roots are growing at my usual rate, but I have to keep trimming off splits all the time :steam Hopefully Christmas 2018 is a doable goal if I ever get my splits under control!! Currently I'm maybe two inches from waist... So frustrating.

chomsky
April 8th, 2018, 08:08 AM
I'm set to hit waist a bit before Christmas, I'm pretty sure I'm not too far away. But I'm very sure my grow rate will stall when I change my workout routine. I'll be maintaining 2019 regardless of how long it is anyway.

Good luck, all!

Spikey
April 8th, 2018, 08:56 PM
For those of you in that akward midback place- what protective styles can you do? It seems like your bun options really open up at waist, but in the meantime, what are you using? It seems like I can manage a disc bun, and a pencil bun, and I could probably pull off a nautilus if I could do it properly!

Also- what do you use to hold up your styles? I find that for me, amish pins are wonderful, and I use one stick for buns because my hair isn't yet so heavy I need to worry about weight distribution.

Dendra
April 9th, 2018, 02:13 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31209&d=1523260370

Here is my latest length pic. I trimmed a couple of inches to straighten up my previously crazy hemline. I'm torn between still shooting for waist by Christmas or continuing to trim because there's still a chunk missing from my hem on the right hand side and lots of layers in general.

Spikey I've been wearing an LWB everyday since hitting BSL, have you tried that one? And wow, I can't use sticks yet! I use a three or four pronged fork.

zanelle
April 10th, 2018, 07:03 AM
For those of you in that akward midback place- what protective styles can you do? It seems like your bun options really open up at waist, but in the meantime, what are you using? It seems like I can manage a disc bun, and a pencil bun, and I could probably pull off a nautilus if I could do it properly!

Also- what do you use to hold up your styles? I find that for me, amish pins are wonderful, and I use one stick for buns because my hair isn't yet so heavy I need to worry about weight distribution.

Spikey, I love hair forks.

spitfire511
April 10th, 2018, 07:54 AM
I can't believe I just found this thread! I'm in as well - I'll go for length pics in a bit - hovering right around BSL - just had a trim up for some splits.

You guys have some completely gorgeous length shots here!

Don't know that I can make it full on to waist by Christmas, but I'll give it a go! :)

Stagecoach
April 10th, 2018, 09:16 AM

I can do a cinna bun low or high, a braided cinna bun, and that's about it!

I use Amish Pins and Goody Hair Screw with silicone hair bands for the majority of securing. I occasionally use my XL flexi 8's for buns, but they still require a little extra pinning to help them stay.

pili
April 13th, 2018, 10:34 AM
I'm finding that my go-to buns are no longer working with my layers. Grrrr! I'm having too stick to braids more these days as a result.

Salwety
April 13th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Few racer hairs have reached the waist mark. But I am no ready to call it yet. I will wait for the longest layer to fully reach WL, which might take another 2 or 3 months.

zanelle
April 14th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Hair's not fully dried in this pic...
Some layers touch my waist, but not calling it waist yet, I have a non existent hemline, lol.
Please tell me you see it too, it is not in my imagination :rolleyes:

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/WhatsApp%20Image%202018-04-14%20at%2016.29.40.jpeg

divinedobbie
April 14th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Some layers touch my waist, but not calling it waist yet, I have a non existent hemline, lol.

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/WhatsApp%20Image%202018-04-14%20at%2016.29.40.jpeg

Oh yeah you are definitely waist-ish. I feel like a lot of racers have crossed that you could call it already but I know what it's like wanting most of your hemline to reach the marker first.

zanelle
April 14th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Yep, that's the spirit :)

Kiiruna
April 14th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Maybe this year I'll reach waist length :lol:

Miss P
April 16th, 2018, 11:07 PM
I'll join too! I've just hit MBL so waist should be achievable for me by Christmas (fingers crossed) :)

Salwety
April 17th, 2018, 01:37 AM

Seems we are in the same boat zanelle. Congratulations on reaching the almost waist length.
Your hair length and hemline are similar to mine. I am waiting too till more hair reach WL. May be we can call it together :beerchug:

zanelle
April 17th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Seems we are in the same boat zanelle. Congratulations on reaching the almost waist length.
Your hair length and hemline are similar to mine. I am waiting too till more hair reach WL. May be we can call it together :beerchug:

Yes, that would be cool! I am waiting for most of it to reach waist, but won't trim at all :-) :beerchug:

Salwety
April 17th, 2018, 04:45 AM
I am in the no trimming challenge for 2018 ,and 2019

zanelle
April 17th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Me too, but after I read some girls don't touch it for even longer periods of time, I might reconsider and wait till 2021 :)

Corvana
April 17th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the new people!!

Zanelle are you sure you're not waist? From my best guess you look like you've got a full 2" over! Are you aiming for less fairytaling at the ends and that's when you call it? Or is your waist lower than I think :laugh:

As for me, I'll be rechecking my ends in June and either trimming then or at the end of the year. They're not great, but they might be fine enough to leave them and try to get every inch I can this year hehe.

Of course, since I'm calling visually now and not stretched, it may make little difference anyway!

zanelle
April 17th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Corvana, yes, I need most of my hair to be there to call it waist :)
If I'd trim now to make my hemline thicker, see where it would be? MBL.
Not touching scissors, but can't call it waist yet.

zanelle
April 23rd, 2018, 02:34 AM
Still not calling it waist, I need to feel most of it there...
I brushed it with my Tangle Teezer while 10% still wet, dryed it on low for 10 mins before that and it is more straightened in this pic:

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/WhatsApp%20Image%202018-04-22%20at%2019.12.02.jpeg

SallySue
April 23rd, 2018, 11:11 AM
zanelle, you have a lot of discipline! My ends look like yours, but with the longest pieces hovering about 3" inches above my waist. I'm still going to call it when they get there because I'm just so impatient! :)

zanelle
April 24th, 2018, 05:14 AM
zanelle, you have a lot of discipline! My ends look like yours, but with the longest pieces hovering about 3" inches above my waist. I'm still going to call it when they get there because I'm just so impatient! :)

I understand your impatience, believe me, lol.
But it would be confusing for me to call it waist and say I am growing waist to hip. I really don't feel waist yet and I need to be sure all my hair is there, lol.

FaerieKitty
April 24th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Some lovely progress so far!!

I started at BSL and am nearly at mid back now. Maybe another month or so to get there. I've never measured my hair, maybe I should?

lindsayhv
April 24th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I think I will join this thread as I think this is a possibility for me!https://photos.app.goo.gl/oTwStAp1Sy2WPbL93
This picture is from the front I'm going to try to get one uploaded of the back. My hair photos leave a lot to be desired.

Pinni
April 27th, 2018, 01:17 AM
Hello, I join this thread as I think it is not possible IF I don't have to cut my hair. I am a short girl with almost 25 inch long hair. Waist is about 28 inches.

I cut my hair that was at hip but only with few hairs there. My hair got damaged last winter. It is colored and I live in cold area so winter is always hard time for hair.

Dendra
April 27th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I cut 2" last month meaning I'm back at 27" with waist at 31", so if I don't trim for the rest of the year I should make it BUT I don't know if I want to do that. It's a toss up between an awesome hemline and making waist by Christmas!

nycelle
April 27th, 2018, 09:51 AM
I cut 2" last month meaning I'm back at 27" with waist at 31", so if I don't trim for the rest of the year I should make it BUT I don't know if I want to do that. It's a toss up between an awesome hemline and making waist by Christmas!

Dendra, I totally get it. I've been putting off getting a trim for almost 5 months. My hemline is nice, but I'm starting to see splits. I'm almost at 27" and was hoping to make waist by Christmas too!! But don't think I can wait to get 1/4" cut off anymore. I'm gonna go in tomorrow to see if my stylist can squeeze me in for a dusting. I need to keep a thick hemline otherwise it's pointless for me.

Corvana
April 27th, 2018, 03:58 PM

Wait until you're closer! That's what I'm doing. I had a small growth spurt, and I'm now on track to hit waist before Christmas. But my ends are kinda eeeeh, so I'm waiting until I hit BSL to see what I'm going to do (which is looking to be about July-ish? August?).

I am trying to only call with visual markers, but... I'm also tempted to call stretched :laugh:. Another thing to really see when I get to about BSL!

Dendra
April 28th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Dendra, I totally get it. I've been putting off getting a trim for almost 5 months. My hemline is nice, but I'm starting to see splits. I'm almost at 27" and was hoping to make waist by Christmas too!! But don't think I can wait to get 1/4" cut off anymore. I'm gonna go in tomorrow to see if my stylist can squeeze me in for a dusting. I need to keep a thick hemline otherwise it's pointless for me.

Your hemline always does look nice in your photos :) Did you get your dusting in the end?

Wait until you're closer! That's what I'm doing. I had a small growth spurt, and I'm now on track to hit waist before Christmas. But my ends are kinda eeeeh, so I'm waiting until I hit BSL to see what I'm going to do (which is looking to be about July-ish? August?).

I am trying to only call with visual markers, but... I'm also tempted to call stretched :laugh:. Another thing to really see when I get to about BSL!

You know what, I think I will wait till around August and see how I'm doing then. I wouldn't trim before then anyway. You've been in the no-trim challenges right, how long has it been since you've trimmed?

And I can see how it would be tempting to call stretched, especially if it's the difference between making it and not making it ;)

Corvana
April 28th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Your hemline always does look nice in your photos :) Did you get your dusting in the end?

You know what, I think I will wait till around August and see how I'm doing then. I wouldn't trim before then anyway. You've been in the no-trim challenges right, how long has it been since you've trimmed?

And I can see how it would be tempting to call stretched, especially if it's the difference between making it and not making it ;)

My last trim was 5/28/17! I was going to do no-trim 2018, but started debating breaking it in half since my ends aren't super due to difficulty getting and keeping them up during SL to APL. But I'll see! I'm just putting it off lol.

I'm debating calling both ways, too. It might be the best of both worlds for awhile lol. Or forever! Idk!

Solgave
April 29th, 2018, 12:57 PM
I have decided to make better length photos to track my length and got some help from my dear husband. For convenience i am calling may early, so here is my may length shot! :happydance:https://i.imgur.com/WzNh2kX.jpg?2

Harley_Blake
April 29th, 2018, 01:55 PM
I would love to join! I have about 6 or 7 inches until waist, but luckily I'm an inch a month grower so I should hopefully make it by then.

brunettegirl
May 4th, 2018, 09:29 AM
I'm joining! :happydance:
Hopefully I can make it because my hair never grew to waist length.

Here is picture of my current length (between bra strap and mid back I am not sure).

https://thumb.ibb.co/nbqQYn/31723256_2127116530854442_5745234166807527424_o.jp g (https://ibb.co/nbqQYn)

divinedobbie
May 4th, 2018, 09:35 PM
Cross posted.

Inching closer to waist.. Depending how I measure I am about 1.5 -2.5 inches away. It always looks so short from the side though!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31542&d=1525490332
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31543&d=1525490354

lapushka
May 5th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Cross posted.

Inching closer to waist.. Depending how I measure I am about 1.5 -2.5 inches away. It always looks so short from the side though!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31542&d=1525490332
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31543&d=1525490354

I don't know about you guys, but in the first picture? That looks waist to me!

Ashflower89
May 5th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Finally a thread I can join! I should definitely be waist by Christmas!

http://i66.tinypic.com/66lmy9.jpg

wannabe-rusalka
May 5th, 2018, 07:32 PM
I think I could maybe hit waist if I just didn’t cut my hair until Christmas because when my hair is wet in the shower it *feels* like its about MBL. I’m not really even allowed to check until September because of a challenge I’m in so I guess we’ll see.

brunettegirl
May 6th, 2018, 02:16 AM
Finally a thread I can join! I should definitely be waist by Christmas!

http://i66.tinypic.com/66lmy9.jpg

Definitely! You are so close.
Fingers crossed.

26 inches (from hairline to ends)? I have 25 inches and it doesn't look that long at all.

NikitaJane
May 7th, 2018, 12:04 AM
I'm also hoping for waist by the end of the year, here's a photo of my hair at the moment- it isn't actually lopsided, I just didn't brush it all evenly over my shoulders :')

Also, the band is to show where waist is on me :)

https://s17.postimg.cc/u50s0pcvj/IMG_20180506_092417227_HDR.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/z3oaf8gob/)

Krissycats
May 7th, 2018, 12:10 AM
https://s9.postimg.cc/cvrwxlrnf/IMG_6599.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/cvrwxlrnf/)
I'm hoping for waist by Christmas, but I have a good three inches to go. I'm in the no trim challenge for 2018, but I might go longer. I think my ends are still pretty good.

brunettegirl
May 7th, 2018, 01:50 AM
I'm also hoping for waist by the end of the year, here's a photo of my hair at the moment- it isn't actually lopsided, I just didn't brush it all evenly over my shoulders :')

Also, the band is to show where waist is on me :)

https://s17.postimg.cc/u50s0pcvj/IMG_20180506_092417227_HDR.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/z3oaf8gob/)

Beautiful hair! I think you will reach it pretty soon!

brunettegirl
May 7th, 2018, 01:38 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/mwusrt.jpg

Hopefully I can make it, too. We will see. :o
I think where the black line is, there is my waist.

Corvana
May 7th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Oooh so many of you are super close!!

Also ngl I'm regretting having this stop at Christmas and not the end of the year on the one hand. On the other, my original hope was to be at waist by my birthday (Christmas Eve) so there was an actual reason.

Dendra
May 7th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Oooh so many of you are super close!!

Also ngl I'm regretting having this stop at Christmas and not the end of the year on the one hand. On the other, my original hope was to be at waist by my birthday (Christmas Eve) so there was an actual reason.

Haha yes if it was the end of the year that would give me some extra time too! Though one week isn't really gonna tip the balance I don't think.

And yep there are lots who will definitely make it :) Looking good you guys!

zanelle
May 12th, 2018, 04:28 AM
What do you guys think? To call or not to call?
:rolleyes:

Oiled:

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/c6c8e5a0-eaf2-4abf-8221-c9bd25f0f905.jpeg

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/29f8f997-9d84-4e9e-9708-cd054afe4832.jpeg

Washed and air dried in the sun, finger combed to be more straight ( a bit windy outside):

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/168ec651-5baf-4e5d-96f8-2cf5b9b138db.jpeg

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/3ee2896a-47f8-43ff-a106-5f72c4ac1e37.jpeg

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/46027078-ad23-4274-b68a-f8c449ee1ccd.jpeg

circlers
May 12th, 2018, 10:26 AM

Congrats, you definitely hit WL!!!

WyntreBlossom
May 12th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Im currently somewhere inbetween SL and APL i think. (Im not sure, Im going to post about it later) so i don't know if waist by Christmas is do able for me....but count me! cant hurt to try!

Corvana
May 12th, 2018, 02:24 PM

Oiled:

Washed and air dried in the sun, finger combed to be more straight ( a bit windy outside):

I thought you could call ages ago :P So definitely!! Congrats!!

Corvana
May 12th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Im currently somewhere inbetween SL and APL i think. (Im not sure, Im going to post about it later) so i don't know if waist by Christmas is do able for me....but count me! cant hurt to try!

Welcome! We're in similar boats (I saw that your length was already confirmed at APL).

zanelle
May 12th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Ok, will call it waist than :-) got confused because only some layers touched it, not most of it.
Thank you Circlers & Corvana!

circlers
May 13th, 2018, 03:39 AM
Ok, will call it waist than :-) got confused because only some layers touched it, not most of it.
Thank you Circlers & Corvana!

You're welcome! Your hair is really nice!!

gustavonut
May 13th, 2018, 05:08 AM
I’m a bit past BSL so I will be joining here. I’m actually hoping I’ll be waist sooner but I plan on trimming so who knows how it will go. :)

zanelle
May 14th, 2018, 01:37 AM
You're welcome! Your hair is really nice!!

:o Thank you!

egcmi
May 14th, 2018, 10:56 AM
my longest layers are a bit past bsl so i'm also joining. i'm not sure my goal is realistic but it doesn't hurt to try. i'm also joining the 2nd part of no-trimming 2018 so i'll get the maximum growth i can during that time.

lottiealice
May 14th, 2018, 02:25 PM
I keep feeling as if my hair hasn't grown much at all in the last year, but when I was going through old facebook profile pictures I was surprised... took a picture of my hair in braids as a comparison and saw the difference. I'm not at waist, nearly MBL I'd say... but it's growing.

https://i.imgur.com/WN4byM8.jpg

WyntreBlossom
May 14th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Welcome! We're in similar boats (I saw that your length was already confirmed at APL).

Yea haha. We can do this!!! I talked DH into letting me toss my old bad shampoos and go out and buy some better ones so. Im happy today. I have a wash day tomorrow. Screech!

Andthetalltrees
May 14th, 2018, 04:09 PM
I haven't been on here in awhile because of account issues, but they're sorted out now(Thanks Chromis!). In that time my hair has grown A LOT, It's around 30.5" a few inches past waist now. So I guess I'm graduating out of this challenge early, Onwards to hip!

Corvana
May 15th, 2018, 01:19 AM
my longest layers are a bit past bsl so i'm also joining. i'm not sure my goal is realistic but it doesn't hurt to try. i'm also joining the 2nd part of no-trimming 2018 so i'll get the maximum growth i can during that time.

Awesome! Welcome! Whether you make it or not, you'll be that much closer to waist either way!

I keep feeling as if my hair hasn't grown much at all in the last year, but when I was going through old facebook profile pictures I was surprised... took a picture of my hair in braids as a comparison and saw the difference. I'm not at waist, nearly MBL I'd say... but it's growing.

Definitely a lot of growth! I know what you mean, though. When my hair is in front, it literally looks exactly the same as it did like half a year ago. Frustrating lol. But that's why I started only doing quarterly photos! I can see the change so much easier if it's been a few months since the last one.

Yea haha. We can do this!!! I talked DH into letting me toss my old bad shampoos and go out and buy some better ones so. Im happy today. I have a wash day tomorrow. Screech!

I loooove new products. I rarely get any, but I love it when I do!

I haven't been on here in awhile because of account issues, but they're sorted out now(Thanks Chromis!). In that time my hair has grown A LOT, It's around 30.5" a few inches past waist now. So I guess I'm graduating out of this challenge early, Onwards to hip!

Congratulations!!

Joyful Mystery
August 7th, 2018, 11:58 AM
I'm not going to make waist by Christmas. I had some slow growth last winter that messed with my plans, lol. Unless my growth rate drastically slows I should be very close to MBL by then though.

erica704
August 7th, 2018, 01:26 PM
I hope to be at WL by Christmas. I'm just past MBL now. :)

Corvana
August 8th, 2018, 02:18 AM
I'm not going to make waist by Christmas. I had some slow growth last winter that messed with my plans, lol. Unless my growth rate drastically slows I should be very close to MBL by then though.

I don't think I will, either, but we'll still be closer!

Joyful Mystery
August 8th, 2018, 11:01 AM
I don't think I will, either, but we'll still be closer!

Here's to waist sometime next year! :beercheer:

LittleMac
August 8th, 2018, 04:02 PM
I'm joining in even though it's already more than halfway through the year xD But I'm currently BSL/MBL I think, so waist length or close to it could be realistic, especially since I'm pregnant, my hair has been growing like crazy!

Dendra
August 9th, 2018, 01:31 PM
I'm neearly there, got about an inch or inch and a half to go. Want a nice straight hemline so will be maintaining once I get there (though I did say that about BSL..)
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32915&d=1533225273

Corvana
August 9th, 2018, 10:07 PM
I'm joining in even though it's already more than halfway through the year xD But I'm currently BSL/MBL I think, so waist length or close to it could be realistic, especially since I'm pregnant, my hair has been growing like crazy!

Welcome!

I'm neearly there, got about an inch or inch and a half to go. Want a nice straight hemline so will be maintaining once I get there (though I did say that about BSL..)
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32915&d=1533225273

Ooooh you're so close!!

Joyful Mystery
August 11th, 2018, 02:32 PM

Awesome, Dendra! :thumbsup:

blushy
August 11th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Aaaah, I hope I can reach waist by christmas!! If I care for my hair perfectly I think I'll be able to call waist by Christmas! :pray::pray:

Spikey
August 12th, 2018, 03:49 PM
My longest ends, stretched, are past waist, at 30.5 inches! I'm still not calling until the bulk of my hair catches up though, and I don't really look waist yet with shrinkage. But yay! It's still a milestone. I'm on track to be solid waist by december.

KJones2017
August 13th, 2018, 06:26 AM
I’m so close to waist! If I keep up with regular S&D I should be able to avoid a full trim 🤞🏻

Dendra
August 13th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Ooooh you're so close!!

Awesome, Dendra! :thumbsup:

Thank you, ladies :) I am getting close! Some days it seems like there's an inch to go, some days two inches.

Greengable
August 20th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Hi! i have bsl wavy hair I am not sure I can have waist length for Christmas but I will try. No dyes but cassia and dmla treatment and microtriming! Let's go!

Krissycats
September 22nd, 2018, 12:09 AM
I am one inch away. Pretty sure it will be waist length by Christmas.

Corvana
September 23rd, 2018, 03:59 AM
I am one inch away. Pretty sure it will be waist length by Christmas.

Ooooh that's awesome!!

Corvana
September 30th, 2018, 05:14 PM
I'm well on my way, now! But still not sure that I'll actually make it. I'll definitely be very very close, though!

SwanFeathers
November 6th, 2018, 02:53 PM
I made it! even with a trim to change my 'V' hemline into 'U'
https://i.postimg.cc/WhT0HP3N/waist-length-nov2018-LI.jpg (https://postimg.cc/WhT0HP3N)

spitfire511
November 6th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Woohoo swanfeathers! Congrats!!

shaluwm_agape
November 6th, 2018, 07:11 PM
That would be a dream come true for me but I don't think so I may only be at mbl. But I hope you gals can do it

WyntreBlossom
November 6th, 2018, 09:19 PM
I have renewed hope that I can reach Wl by Christmas! Count me in

SallySue
November 7th, 2018, 09:01 AM
My longest layers are almost there, when stretched!

https://i.imgur.com/KVj7XFr.jpg?1

I'm pleased to see that I'm right on track with where I hoped I would be! However, the growth is still a slow process, and I won't feel like I have waist-length hair until it reaches waist UN-stretched. (I'm trying this new thing where I don't straighten my hair anymore, ya dig?)

nycelle
November 7th, 2018, 09:05 AM
My longest strands in my rather harsh U shape are there (still shocked over that), but I won't call waist until the entire length reaches it, and that's a good 2, maybe 2.5" away.

spitfire511
November 7th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Ugh - nycelle with you - but a little further off - had a trim in the spring that set me back enough that I'll be early next year for sure - I'm still a few inches away!

SallySue
November 7th, 2018, 09:51 AM
nycelle, I know you don't layered cuts, but I wouldn't describe your U-shape as "harsh" at all! Your ends are still plenty thick.

nycelle
November 7th, 2018, 10:34 AM
nycelle, I know you don't layered cuts, but I wouldn't describe your U-shape as "harsh" at all! Your ends are still plenty thick.

I just had a much softer U originally.
Bad haircut at the end of May cut a lot more off and made it sharper. There was about an inch difference between the longest and shortest at that point (not counting my angled front). But now, there's quite a bit more.

It's OK though, since as soon as the entire length reaches waist, I'm gonna cut it anyway.. lol.. (bangs and layers on the sides).. kinda like Alexa Chung but longer.

SallySue
November 7th, 2018, 11:20 AM
I just had a much softer U originally.
Bad haircut at the end of May cut a lot more off and made it sharper. There was about an inch difference between the longest and shortest at that point (not counting my angled front). But now, there's quite a bit more.

It's OK though, since as soon as the entire length reaches waist, I'm gonna cut it anyway.. lol.. (bangs and layers on the sides).. kinda like Alexa Chung but longer.

Cute! I'm thinking about reshaping when I reach waist, too. I had all these short layers cut in a few months ago, and while they help with the volume, they aren't doing my ends any favors.

nycelle
November 7th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Cute! I'm thinking about reshaping when I reach waist, too. I had all these short layers cut in a few months ago, and while they help with the volume, they aren't doing my ends any favors.

Yeah, too short and they they take the thickness away somewhat. I do like well done long layers though.

Corvana
November 7th, 2018, 03:32 PM
I made it! even with a trim to change my 'V' hemline into 'U'
https://i.postimg.cc/WhT0HP3N/waist-length-nov2018-LI.jpg (https://postimg.cc/WhT0HP3N)

Congrats!!

My longest layers are almost there, when stretched!

https://i.imgur.com/KVj7XFr.jpg?1

I'm pleased to see that I'm right on track with where I hoped I would be! However, the growth is still a slow process, and I won't feel like I have waist-length hair until it reaches waist UN-stretched. (I'm trying this new thing where I don't straighten my hair anymore, ya dig?)

Oh you're really close, then! I sort of like the idea of measuring stretched and wavy/curly, so that you can get double the milestones! And you feel like it's a little less slow (at least I do!).

-----

I'm about an inch and a half away, so I definitely won't make it this year! And then I'll be trimming a little on the first, so it'll still be a couple months after that. But my hair has come so far, and it'll be even further along by the time this thread is over, so I'm still really happy about it.

SallySue
November 7th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Oh you're really close, then! I sort of like the idea of measuring stretched and wavy/curly, so that you can get double the milestones! And you feel like it's a little less slow (at least I do!).

Totally! I have to do it that way, since I haven't yet figured out the rate at which the wave/curl slows down the perceived growth.
(If anyone comes up with a formula for that, I would love to know!) But any progress is progress, right?

Corvana
November 7th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Totally! I have to do it that way, since I haven't yet figured out the rate at which the wave/curl slows down the perceived growth.
(If anyone comes up with a formula for that, I would love to know!) But any progress is progress, right?

I did it by wrangling my husband to assist me :laugh:. I'd stretch a small section and made him measure how long it was from the bottom of the wavy hairs! I did it on a few different days (right after a wash, right before a wash, and a couple times somewhere in the middle), and I took them over a couple weeks, then averaged out all of the results! It's about an inch for me, so that's what I go with!

Krissycats
November 7th, 2018, 11:51 PM
My hair is 29" and the longest strands are at waist. The front is shorter, though, so I guess that's why I don't feel like it's long. I'm going to keep growing, of course! It feels really long when it is in a ponytail or a braid. I'm going to stay in this thread until Christmas and see if it grows another inch or so by that time.

egcmi
November 11th, 2018, 11:36 AM
seems like i'm getting closer day by day. my longest layers are at waist but i'll wait to call it until christmas/the new year when more length has reached waist too.

i should start taking double measurements too as my hair shrinks up a ton! my longest layers are at apl when curly. it's frustrating at times because i don't see the length but it's also fun because i love stretching my curls to see how long my hair actually is. i'd love to come up with a formula for the shrinked/stretched length :heartbeat:heartbeat maybe i'll figure out at the next measurement(s). one variable could be hair type. yes, i'm geeky :tmi:8)

gustavonut
November 11th, 2018, 01:03 PM
I’m definetly going to be waist by Christmas! I’m only half an inch or so away

daisy rei
November 11th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I'm two inches away from waist. It would take a Christmas miracle to accomplish that amount of growth in time, lol. ;)

Dendra
December 24th, 2018, 11:41 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34723&d=1545676389

I made it!!

How did everyone else do? Apologies for what I'm sure is a giant photo, I'm on my phone and don't know how to resize. Also, I took this by myself in the changing rooms in h and m, so it's quite bad quality but I'm so happy I made waist!

Krissycats
December 24th, 2018, 03:49 PM
My hair made it to waist, which was my goal length. Now, my goal is tailbone.

Corvana
December 24th, 2018, 11:06 PM
I made it!!

How did everyone else do? Apologies for what I'm sure is a giant photo, I'm on my phone and don't know how to resize. Also, I took this by myself in the changing rooms in h and m, so it's quite bad quality but I'm so happy I made waist!

My hair made it to waist, which was my goal length. Now, my goal is tailbone.

Congrats you two!!!

I have a small bit that reaches the top of my skirt waistband (the one from my avatar), so I sort of made it! But it's not calling-it worthy yet :laugh:

Ylva
December 25th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Congratulations to everyone who reached this goal! :)

Solgave
December 26th, 2018, 04:03 AM
I would say I almost made it, the longest hair strands are brushing waist, but I am not ready to call it yet. :)
https://i.imgur.com/OKleqzw.jpg

Dendra
December 26th, 2018, 04:37 AM
Thanks Corvana and Ylva, and congrats to Krissycats.

Corvana, Solgave, you're so nearly there! Keep growing and see you in waist to hip soon :)

Corvana
December 26th, 2018, 01:17 PM
I would say I almost made it, the longest hair strands are brushing waist, but I am not ready to call it yet. :)

We're in the same boat!

Corvana, Solgave, you're so nearly there! Keep growing and see you in waist to hip soon :)

Less soon than I wish, though. Gonna be trimming on the first! And I'm not even sure how much will be going. I don't need to do a lot, but I'm not great at tiny trims on myself :laugh:

And congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Have fun in the new thread! I think I'll be in both waist to hip and waist to tailbone, as I'm aiming for FTL. That'll be fun!

Dendra
December 26th, 2018, 05:32 PM
We're in the same boat!

Less soon than I wish, though. Gonna be trimming on the first! And I'm not even sure how much will be going. I don't need to do a lot, but I'm not great at tiny trims on myself :laugh:

And congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Have fun in the new thread! I think I'll be in both waist to hip and waist to tailbone, as I'm aiming for FTL. That'll be fun!

Thank you so much :love:

That's nice for you to be in both threads! I think I'll just start off in waist to hip, as I doubt I'll grow past BCL. Though I can see myself being in that thread for a year, while I sort my hem out, so plenty of time to reassess!

It would be nice to see a before and after of your trim, do you think you'll do one? :popcorn:

Corvana
December 26th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Thank you so much :love:

That's nice for you to be in both threads! I think I'll just start off in waist to hip, as I doubt I'll grow past BCL. Though I can see myself being in that thread for a year, while I sort my hem out, so plenty of time to reassess!

It would be nice to see a before and after of your trim, do you think you'll do one? :popcorn:

I might! It depends on how much energy I've got, since I'd want to diffuse my hair to dry it faster. I really don't like waiting 8 hours for it to dry all the way through :laugh:. The diffuser drops it to like.. two? Or so?

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 04:59 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34723&d=1545676389

I made it!!

Congratulations, Dendra! :) I would really say that your hair is wayyyyyy pass waist length! To me, you look like you are in the hip length range...lol.

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 05:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/OKleqzw.jpg

Solgave, I would definitely call that WL! I'm in the same boat as you! :D BTW, your blonde hair is gorgeous! :) Just curious.... may I ask, Is that light pale blonde your natural haircolor? Or, do you get it bleached?

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 05:06 PM
I can say that I've made it to WL 2 months ago! :)

Dendra
January 3rd, 2019, 12:29 PM
Congratulations, Dendra! :) I would really say that your hair is wayyyyyy pass waist length! To me, you look like you are in the hip length range...lol.

Ooh thanks Dark40 :o:o And congrats on making waist length yourself! Are you shooting for hip now?

Dark40
January 3rd, 2019, 01:47 PM
Ooh thanks Dark40 :o:o And congrats on making waist length yourself! Are you shooting for hip now?

Yayyy, you're welcome Dendra :o:o And, thank you as well! Yes, I am trying to shoot for hip sometime this year myself! I have about 4 or 5" to go before I make it there. I think I can pull it off before Christmas of this year. Or, by the end of this year.

Corvana
January 3rd, 2019, 01:48 PM
Didn't make it by Christmas of course, but I did make it by the end of the year, apparently! And stayed there even with my trim. I'm not sure what to do with myself now :laugh:

Dark40
January 3rd, 2019, 01:57 PM
Corvana, I'm so sorry you didn't make it by Christmas of last year but at least you made it by the end of the year! :) Especially, even with a trim. Just keep continuing to do what you are doing. I think you're doing just fine. :)

carries
January 3rd, 2019, 02:30 PM
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f311/carstr/8E672AC1-FEEB-46C0-9A4F-8B93D685FD46_zpsrrbfxgt9.jpeg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/carstr/media/8E672AC1-FEEB-46C0-9A4F-8B93D685FD46_zpsrrbfxgt9.jpeg.html)