PDA

View Full Version : Classic length by Christmas 2018!

lapushka
November 7th, 2017, 06:36 AM
Who is with me?

I am TBL right now, and I for sure will hit classic at some point next year. I also am in the no-trimming threads. So yeah. It's a definite. I just might hit it September, as that's what I did previous years when I was TBL the previous year. And I was TBL August/September already, so...

Who wants to join?

Cg
November 7th, 2017, 08:17 AM
I'm in! Next summer I hope to hit classic, even microtrimming as often as I do. Now that it's easily TBL, it's beginning to feel longish.

TatsuOni
November 7th, 2017, 08:45 AM
I'm in too :) I have 10 cm to classic. I will trim 0,5-2 cm on January the first and a little bit during the summer (between the six month's no trimming threads), but I still should reach classic in a year or so :)

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
November 7th, 2017, 08:53 AM
In!
Currently I'm hitting BCL so, depending on how much I will have to trim, it's possible I'm going to make it :o

lapushka
November 7th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Woohoo, welcome you guys! :cheer:

lucid
November 7th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Me me me :D

well, maybe if the condition of my hair remains about the same (bleach damage, causing breakage) and I don't have to maintain for too long.

My first goal is tbl braid, and I think I'll reach that goal for sure at least.

Jas
November 7th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I'm in too! Close to BCL so hoping to manage classic by christmas next year :D

lapushka
November 7th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Welcome! Welcome! :D

Crystawni
November 7th, 2017, 02:28 PM
I'll give this a whirl, but am not sure I'll make full classic (roughly 43"/109cm) by next Christmas as I trim a few centimetres every 4 months. I'm just past TBL now @ 38"/96.5cm, with 5" to grow and an annual growth rate of 16.482cm/6.489", so my chart predicts August 7 for classic right now. August... again. T'was August for BSL (2014), hip (2016 thanks to a bit of "waisted" hemsnip), aaaaand TBL (2017). We shall see. Onwards and downwards!

lapushka
November 7th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Crystawni, it's good of you to give it a go! :thumbsup:

Beeboo123
November 7th, 2017, 04:52 PM
I’ll probably get there during summer 2018. I’m in!

Aredhel
November 7th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Me! :joy: I will definitely reach classic by Christmas 2018... probably sooner.... but I'm going to give myself a bit of wiggle room, just in case I need a trim or something... I usually do a decent trim (an inch or so) when Winter ends and Spring begins, but I didn't do one this year, so I might have to next year! We shall see how my ends hold up this Winter. :)

lapushka
November 8th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Woohoo, welcome! :cheer:

pandabarrier
November 8th, 2017, 05:40 PM
I’m in! I’m currently very very close to TBL, I’m micro-trimming next year, and if my growth is steady, I can make it to Classic by Christmas 2018!

Robi-Bird
November 8th, 2017, 05:59 PM
I should be there. I'm BCL now, even accounting for trims, unless I get a real stall, I should be classic for Christmas 2018!

I will not extend my goal length. I will not extend my goal length...

Crystawni
November 8th, 2017, 06:02 PM
:waving: to fellow bottom dwellers. It's good to be in such great company as we get to the bottom of things together.

https://i.imgur.com/kg8kgBA.gif

pandabarrier
November 8th, 2017, 06:17 PM
:waving: to fellow bottom dwellers. It's good to be in such great company as we get to the bottom of things together.

https://i.imgur.com/kg8kgBA.gif

Bottom dwellers :laugh:

Also, the more the merrier right? :)

psyc2321
November 8th, 2017, 06:23 PM

I believe I’ve found my people :cool:

I did accidentally join the Classic by Christmas ‘19 thread, mostly because I’m hardly ready to admit that 2017 is basically over, without skipping next year entirely :shrug:

Currently at 41” or TBL+, classic is 44.5” on me, so with minimal trimming and a little care, this is doable!

LizzyGrant
November 9th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Oh I wish I could join this thread.. But there's now way I'll reach Classic in a year. My hair is almost at hip right now.
Maybe Christmas 2019 :popcorn:

Crystawni
November 10th, 2017, 01:47 AM
Are we there yet..?

How about now?

Naow?

*checks length*

It's gained a smidge of a bee's stinger!!! :disco:

But no, tis be not Classic.

Yet.

Christmas...

Next year?

Ooomph.

This is going to be a looooooooooong thread. With even looooooooooonger hair.

Who's up for stringing some sparkly lights to get in the mood? And no, not from our hair. Although that could look very pretty.

:popcorn:

Robi-Bird
November 10th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Are we there yet..?

How about now?

Naow?

*checks length*

It's gained a smidge of a bee's stinger!!! :disco:

But no, tis be not Classic.

Yet.

Christmas...

Next year?

Ooomph.

This is going to be a looooooooooong thread. With even looooooooooonger hair.

Who's up for stringing some sparkly lights to get in the mood? And no, not from our hair. Although that could look very pretty.

:popcorn:

Now you are making me thing I should braid LED lights in my hair. Naturally I looked it up, and such extensions are popular in raves. I am not a raver,I do not like the music, the drugs, or people in general, but I could do the hair.

lithostoic
November 10th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I only just changed my goal to TBL and part of me thinking I should join this challenge.

psyc2321
November 10th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Now you are making me thing I should braid LED lights in my hair.

LED paranda?

Crystawni
November 10th, 2017, 06:28 PM
LED paranda?

Which lead me to think of LED panda. :p Of course, I went hunting, and actually found this on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Flashing-Panda-Light-up-Barrette-Multi-Color/dp/B00FXOEFPO), which happens to be lights for hair and not a cuddly fuzzball of the flashing kind. :rolling:

Robi-Bird
November 10th, 2017, 08:46 PM
LED paranda?

Which lead me to think of LED panda. :p Of course, I went hunting, and actually found this on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Flashing-Panda-Light-up-Barrette-Multi-Color/dp/B00FXOEFPO), which happens to be lights for hair and not a cuddly fuzzball of the flashing kind. :rolling:

Never come to the LHC and not expect to be enabled. XD

lithostoic
November 10th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Oooh I want some

Remi
November 11th, 2017, 09:10 AM
I think I will join this one. I plan on micro-trimming as I grow in 2018.

lapushka
November 11th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I think I will join this one. I plan on micro-trimming as I grow in 2018.

Welcome to the thread! :)

ErinEM
November 13th, 2017, 08:16 AM
I'm in, too! I think I should be there before Christmas 2018, barring any major setbacks. *knocks on wood*

I feel like I fell off the map/have been AWOL from LHC; been busy with a new work schedule the past couple of months. But on the plus side, my hair keeps growing . . .

Good luck, everyone! Happy hair growing to you!

enting
November 16th, 2017, 04:27 AM
Hmm, I should be able to do classic by then. Possibly before then. I'm at TBL now, but in need of trimming. I'd gladly join the bottom dweller ranks, as long as the length doesn't annoy me :).

psyc2321
November 16th, 2017, 05:18 AM
I do like the idea of an LED panda, but also I might need a fibre optic barrette thingy now...

Crystawni
November 16th, 2017, 11:56 PM
But I want a panda barrette LED spray thingame... :slap::wail::lol:

I guess rope lights could suffice. A tail of flashiness wouldn't look too bad, would it..?

*puts serious cap on*

*clears throat*

Aaaaaaaanyway, t'is be great to see some more members of the Hairy Butt Club climbing aboard!

(yeah, yanno that cap is skewed as much as my sense of humour...)

:disco:

Maiden_Fairhair
November 17th, 2017, 01:43 AM
I'm new to this site and excited to meet fellow long-locked lovelies. I am also embarrassingly familiar with stray hair sliding down where the sun doesn't shine (thankfully it usually just happens in the shower.) My hair is 3ft 4in long as measured from hairline over the back of my head. I am only 5ft 4in tall so my hair reaches my tailbone. I really need to get my hair evened out a bit as I haven't had a trim in at least a year, except for removing split ends myself. Oddly enough, if I forgo a cut then I will also have classic length hair by Christmas 2018! If I get 2-4 inches removed it will look a lot thicker and neater at the bottom. This is the longest I've ever grown my hair so I'm just worried that if I loose too much length it will take even longer to reach classic. Despite few trims, gentle care, and patience, its taken me 7+ years to reach my current length. I take iron fortified vitamins now, so I'm hoping this last bit will go by faster!

psyc2321
November 17th, 2017, 06:21 PM
I'm new to this site and excited to meet fellow long-locked lovelies. I am also embarrassingly familiar with stray hair sliding down where the sun doesn't shine (thankfully it usually just happens in the shower.) My hair is 3ft 4in long as measured from hairline over the back of my head. I am only 5ft 4in tall so my hair reaches my tailbone. I really need to get my hair evened out a bit as I haven't had a trim in at least a year, except for removing split ends myself. Oddly enough, if I forgo a cut then I will also have classic length hair by Christmas 2018! If I get 2-4 inches removed it will look a lot thicker and neater at the bottom. This is the longest I've ever grown my hair so I'm just worried that if I loose too much length it will take even longer to reach classic. Despite few trims, gentle care, and patience, its taken me 7+ years to reach my current length. I take iron fortified vitamins now, so I'm hoping this last bit will go by faster!

Welcome to the Hairy Butt Club!

lapushka
November 18th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the Hairy Butt Club!

LOL LOL LOL! :lol: :spitting:

psyc2321
November 18th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Don’t look at me, Crystawni started it!

Crystawni
November 18th, 2017, 06:49 PM
:uhh:

:wannabe:

Like our hair, everything's a bit below the belt. :wigtongue

Welcome to LHC, Maiden_Fairhair, and happy growing!

Guitargod
November 28th, 2017, 04:03 PM
I wanted to join this thread but decided to join the microtrimmings and maintaining thread. Then I took this picture today and now I'll be joining here too - looks like I have less than 10 cm to go which should give me room for a bit of trimming too :)
https://i.imgur.com/D8ybkoH.jpg

lapushka
November 28th, 2017, 04:30 PM
I wanted to join this thread but decided to join the microtrimmings and maintaining thread. Then I took this picture today and now I'll be joining here too - looks like I have less than 10 cm to go which should give me room for a bit of trimming too :)

Looks like you're almost there. Looks like TBL, or a little past that, to me.

psyc2321
November 28th, 2017, 08:40 PM

It definitely looks like you’ll make it, GuitarGod! Your hair looks great, and I like your gift wrap classic marker, very clever!

Alex Lou
November 29th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Yes, this will probably happen for me.

Pumpkin3826
December 14th, 2017, 10:08 AM

Wow your hair looks absolutely lovely!! I love the visual aid of the rolled up news paper is it? That makes it so much easier to see where the goal is! I do not know if I will reach classic by Christmas next year. I am just at BCL, my next goal is tailbone length but I hope I can get to classic by Christmas 2018. I am not going to trim my hair next year so we shall see. Good luck everyone!!

Guitargod
December 17th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Thanks. It's Christmas gift wrap :)
Just measured my hair for the first time today. It's 105 cm (41.33")measured from the forehead - longest hairs are around 90 cm (35.43"). A bit more than I thought it would be really.
Classic for me seems to be around 117cm (46") so a bit of a stretch if I also want to trim a bit. Trimmed around 2cm earlier this month and will probably trim 2 or 3 times before Christmas 2018.

Zesty
December 17th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Ooh me.

I am starting to have to trim more, butt (ha) I never take much so I think I should make it by next Christmas. :) Hopefully sooner.

dvep
December 18th, 2017, 12:18 AM
I'm in! Fingers crossed! My longest layers are an inch or so past BCL so I'm hopeful. I've had my hair longer than it is now, but never at classic so this would be new territory for me!

MidnightMoon
December 18th, 2017, 06:26 AM

Love your length, colour and texture :crush:
Also what appears to be gift wrapping paper :lol:

psyc2321
December 19th, 2017, 02:57 AM
Now you are making me thing I should braid LED lights in my hair. Naturally I looked it up, and such extensions are popular in raves. I am not a raver,I do not like the music, the drugs, or people in general, but I could do the hair.

Like so? (https://youtu.be/NTIYWAXPwMo) :whistle:

I have actually seen lights like this in the mall where I work, so I may actually try braiding one into a rose bun for Christmas.

Mega Moose
December 19th, 2017, 07:33 AM
I just might make this goal, but barely if so. The very longest bits of my hair are juuust brushing tailbone... Count me in though, I'm up for a challenge! :)

Guitargod
December 23rd, 2017, 05:37 PM
Since it's past midnight it's officially Christmas 2017 now. Time for an update. I trimmed around 2cm shortly after the last picture that I took almost a month ago but it seems like I've regained most of it again. Need to observe over a longer period of time to really get an impression of growth though. I think day 24 of every month will be a suitable day to update here for the next year:)
https://i.imgur.com/BkPB1jV.jpg

psyc2321
February 9th, 2018, 10:55 PM
https://s10.postimg.org/612fnzfax/515_B353_E-8_DC2-4729-97_D1-46_BCBA0867_CB.jpg

Slightly OT, and I apologise for the extreme fluffiness (what I get for sleeping on wet hair), but I actually did twist LEDs into my hair for Christmas :D

Crystawni
February 9th, 2018, 11:17 PM
That really was a bright :idea: idea. I bet you were a real shining light for Christmas! :gabigrin:

:wacko:

And no, my hair is still bumming around so hasn't cracked classic quite yet.

:run:

lapushka
February 10th, 2018, 04:18 AM
https://s10.postimg.org/612fnzfax/515_B353_E-8_DC2-4729-97_D1-46_BCBA0867_CB.jpg

Slightly OT, and I apologise for the extreme fluffiness (what I get for sleeping on wet hair), but I actually did twist LEDs into my hair for Christmas :D

That's so cute! :inlove:

Aunty Miki
February 10th, 2018, 08:36 AM
I'm in 😁 I don't know if I'll make it to classic in time, but my hair is 35" as of Christmas 2017, so maybe. I'm not going to trim at all this year. I wear it up all the time, now. Need a new 'do, though. Others say it's super long, but I remember the meme of Grumpy Cat: Not long enough! Lol

lapushka
February 10th, 2018, 09:37 AM
I'm halfway there. I think mid-year I might hit this milestone. I am planning on growing on, so we'll see. :)

Dark40
February 10th, 2018, 12:46 PM

Wow! Your bun is sooooo pretty and the ornaments along with it! I also love the color of your hair as well along with the gray streaks!:) I have a lot of gray in my hair too!

psyc2321
February 20th, 2018, 01:47 AM
Crystawni, Lapushka, Dark40 - thanks, it was loads of fun and I actually repurposed the lights for a NYE braid that I don’t have photos of, sadly.

I... don’t have any greys, though! I think it’s just the lighting. I have a feeling that I’ll actually go snow white - all four grandparents and my mum have, which is pretty cool.

ipickee
February 26th, 2018, 02:55 PM
I think I'll join. I'm just at hip now, and classic is about 38 for me. That's a good 5" . I should jjjusssttt make it!!

lapushka
February 26th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Good luck, ipickee. I was hip (cut back to it) in November 2016. It's February 2018 now and I have about 4 months to go to classic. I'm taking a little longer. :)

Starrydandelion
February 26th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I'd very much like to reach classic this year, but I'm trying not to obsess over it in case I don't make it and end up very disappointed. >.<
I'm currently hovering around BCL and I think need another 2-3 trims this year (I trimmed some racers last week since they were bothering me too much). At least I'm pretty distracted by the thought of new hair toys. :p

Aredhel
February 26th, 2018, 03:36 PM
I'm technically at classic, but since it's only about 10 of my longest hairs, I can't bring myself to call it yet lol. :rolleyes: Probably giving it a few more months before I can confidently call classic...

AutobotsAttack
February 27th, 2018, 06:04 PM
I’m not sure if I posted in here yet. But I’m almost to TBL. I think I could make it to classic bun christmas. So count me in!

lapushka
March 2nd, 2018, 04:40 PM
I’m not sure if I posted in here yet. But I’m almost to TBL. I think I could make it to classic bun christmas. So count me in!

That's amazing! Congrats. :)

lapushka
March 3rd, 2018, 06:34 AM
I am on my way to classic, and will most likely hit that at the halfway point through the year. I am so *eager* to grow beyond classic for the rest of the year. We'll see how far I get. I will probably not hit thigh by the end of the year, but at least I'll have met my goal of classic.

I may even update my signature picture at that point. I'm not sure. We'll see if that is possible and doable for me. :flower:

TatsuOni
March 3rd, 2018, 09:18 AM
I am on my way to classic, and will most likely hit that at the halfway point through the year. I am so *eager* to grow beyond classic for the rest of the year. We'll see how far I get. I will probably not hit thigh by the end of the year, but at least I'll have met my goal of classic.

I may even update my signature picture at that point. I'm not sure. We'll see if that is possible and doable for me. :flower:

That's great! :cheer:

lapushka
March 3rd, 2018, 10:11 AM
That's great! :cheer:

Thank you so much!!! :D

zashin66
March 3rd, 2018, 11:04 AM
So I've been lurking here a bit... Trying to decide if I will join or not. With all my stress this last year my hair growth seems to have slowed quite a bit. Can I join even if I'm not sure I'll make it??

lapushka
March 3rd, 2018, 11:09 AM
So I've been lurking here a bit... Trying to decide if I will join or not. With all my stress this last year my hair growth seems to have slowed quite a bit. Can I join even if I'm not sure I'll make it??

Sure you can! :D

Jas
March 3rd, 2018, 11:11 AM
Join anyway! It's nice to have the goal and regardless of if you reach it or not - you'll at least be closer by the end of the year!

Lapushka I'd love to see an updated pic when you reach or are past classic :D

I'm still hovering around BCL, did my panic half inch trim at the beginning of February because my growth had stalled which on reflection probably did nothing to help but oh well :P Next measurement is 1st April.

ipickee
March 4th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Good luck, ipickee. I was hip (cut back to it) in November 2016. It's February 2018 now and I have about 4 months to go to classic. I'm taking a little longer. :)

I’ve done the math, and it’ll be a small miracle if I make it, but I’m still going to try. I can’t wait for classic!!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 4th, 2018, 05:40 PM

I very much hope you will, that would be something special to see :) :crush:

zashin66
March 4th, 2018, 10:45 PM
I need to take a picture and re-figure out how to get it uploaded to this thread.:rolleyes:

zashin66
March 4th, 2018, 11:17 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=13439

Trying to post picture!!!

zashin66
March 4th, 2018, 11:18 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30639&d=1520229919

Finally got the picture posted. I think once my hair grows below my scrub top hem I will declare it at classic. You can see braid waves somewhat so it doesn't look as nice as when the waves are even. My hair seems to be getting wavy-er as I get older. I should post a picture just after washing and drying to show the true waves. I just always seem to be missing my window since I only wash once or twice every two weeks. I do condition in-between but the conditioner does cause a little less enthusiasm in the waves present.:shrug:
Remeasured my hair and it has grown an inch so even though it doesn't seem like it, it is growing:)

lapushka
March 5th, 2018, 05:50 AM
I'm almost there (sorry for the big image). This is enhanced textured hair. Day 1 hair, after having slept on it. I forgot to take freshly washed pictures on Sunday. So these are from today. The "kink" on top is from having it in a big clip to dry (later also worn up when dry), so yeah... ignore that. ;) It's the best way to dry my hair, I find so I stick with it.

https://i.imgur.com/xq99rRt.jpg

ipickee
March 6th, 2018, 02:54 PM
I'm almost there (sorry for the big image). This is enhanced textured hair. Day 1 hair, after having slept on it. I forgot to take freshly washed pictures on Sunday. So these are from today. The "kink" on top is from having it in a big clip to dry (later also worn up when dry), so yeah... ignore that. ;) It's the best way to dry my hair, I find so I stick with it.

The length is great, but your texture is what really caught my eye. It's just gorgeous!

lapushka
March 6th, 2018, 03:59 PM
The length is great, but your texture is what really caught my eye. It's just gorgeous!

That is so sweet of you to say. :) Thank you!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 6th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Your mane is sensational, Lapushka, and certainly deserves much more LHC exposure :D

lapushka
March 6th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Your mane is sensational, Lapushka, and certainly deserves much more LHC exposure :D

Wow! Thank you so much! :flower:

MoonRabbit
March 27th, 2018, 11:36 AM
I decided to try for classic by Christmas. I thought it was going to be much more growth than it really is. I joined the tailbone by christmas but I should reach that goal well before then. Here's to trying :toast:

prairie lark
March 27th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I hope to be there, at least the center back length. My wispy sides are far from it, though.

Guitargod
March 27th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Slowly creeping closer. I can hardly see it from pictures but when measuring I can see it's growing. I think I would have been there if it hadn't been for the trims I did since November but they were badly needed.
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HdSmZ21.jpg

*Wednesday*
March 27th, 2018, 07:18 PM

I second that.
😌

*Wednesday*
March 27th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Your hair is lovely.❤

Slowly creeping closer. I can hardly see it from pictures but when measuring I can see it's growing. I think I would have been there if it hadn't been for the trims I did since November but they were badly needed.
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HdSmZ21.jpg

Dark40
March 27th, 2018, 07:25 PM

I really love your mane too! It is sensational! You are almost there. It is also gorgeous!

Crystawni
March 27th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Yeah, it feels like a snailzone back there... Here's mine from my seasonal length pic a week ago at 100cm (regained what I'd trimmed in January), with my left hand on my hip, and right hand indicating classic.

https://i.imgur.com/jYUCXXz.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
March 27th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Yeah, it feels like a snailzone back there... Here's mine from my seasonal length pic a week ago at 100cm (regained what I'd trimmed in January), with my left hand on my hip, and right hand indicating classic.

https://i.imgur.com/jYUCXXz.jpg

Wonderful hair!!! :crush: I say, did I ever tell you your hair is wonderful? Your hair is wonderful :D

Crystawni
March 27th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Wonderful, you say? Why, thank you very muchly, Sarahlabyrinth! :smooch: I must say yours has been looking rather swish lately as well! :grin:

Groovy Granny
March 27th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Everyone looks amazing :thumbsup:

Crystawni ~ GORGEOUS :thud: :crush:

Crystawni
March 27th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Thank you, GG! :flowers:

lapushka
March 28th, 2018, 03:27 AM
I really love your mane too! It is sensational! You are almost there. It is also gorgeous!

Thank you so much Dark40! Really means a lot! :D I am getting so close!

Dark40
March 28th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Thank you so much Dark40! Really means a lot! :D I am getting so close!

You're welcome very much lapushka! Yes, you are getting very close! I bet you are excited! I wish that I was close to that length now. I have about another year an a half before I reach close to classic. But I know that I will make it there someday soon!

Xan
March 28th, 2018, 10:56 PM
You're welcome very much lapushka! Yes, you are getting very close! I bet you are excited! I wish that I was close to that length now. I have about another year an a half before I reach close to classic. But I know that I will make it there someday soon!

Hope we all achieve great lengths in 18 I feel like I'm stuck at 44" pretty decent but I want floor.

Xan
March 28th, 2018, 11:04 PM
I would hope so I've been stuck at 44" not horrible but I want longer any suggestions on good vitamins?

Guitargod
April 1st, 2018, 04:16 PM
Just measured my hair for the first time since February 6. 109cm so 2 cm in almost 2 months. A pretty average growth rate I guess but less than I had before that. I'm going back to daily multivitamins because it seems I've also been shedding a little more than usual lately. I was planning on trimming every 2 months but I'm considering stretching it to every 3 months to retain more length and see how it goes.

lapushka
April 9th, 2018, 06:43 AM
I don't know how it happened but my longest piece is 1 inch away from classic length. So in about 2 months, I'll be there, which is roughly what I had thought would happen. I suspected I would be there come June.

MidnightMoon
April 9th, 2018, 07:53 AM
I wish I could join, but I think my butt is too big to make it :lol:
I'm currently at tailbone and have been for like a year... and still have a lot of bleach to cut off.
I just ordered some dye (semi permanent, nothing damaging) to make it darker again, it helps make the bleached parts look healthier and gives a nicer overall look.
I could stop trimming until Christmas, I guess, but I still don't know if that's enough :confused:

Beeboo123
April 10th, 2018, 08:48 AM
I’m about 3-4 inches away from classic. I want to reach classic by the end of the year, so i’m considering not trimming anymore. My ends though... I think they might look pretty ratty if I stop trimming, the last 6 inches are so thin. But I really want the length! Decisions decisions

Wildcat Diva
April 10th, 2018, 12:01 PM
This fat-bottomed girl should make Classic by Christmas this year.

lapushka
April 10th, 2018, 12:17 PM
This fat-bottomed girl should make Classic by Christmas this year.

From one big-bottomed girl to another. That's nice to hear. ;) :p :lol:

Zesty
April 11th, 2018, 04:18 PM
My butt is also rather large... I'm not 100% convinced I'll make it by Christmas after the trims I've had. Though I finally like my hemline pretty well again.

And of course there's always the creeping paranoia that classic is unattainable, but I'm fending that off. It's been a lot of ups and downs since I hit about BCL. I love my hair but classic is so close yet so far.

Dark40
April 11th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Hope we all achieve great lengths in 18 I feel like I'm stuck at 44" pretty decent but I want floor.

Yes, I do too! I have a good feeling that I will reach hip length at the end of this year, and you will also reach your goal at the end of this year too. I know the feeling of being stuck at the same length for a period of time. It seems like I still stuck at waist length ever since last September. I also want ankle or floor too.

Dark40
April 11th, 2018, 08:17 PM
I would hope so I've been stuck at 44" not horrible but I want longer any suggestions on good vitamins?

Yes, I know the feeling. Right now I'm taking vitamins for hair, skin, and nails. It is by Nature's Bounty. You can buy them at Walmart for no more than $10.00. I take them 3 times a day. They contain a lot of folic acid and protein in them.

Dark40
April 11th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Xan, I have also noticed a significant amount of improvement to the health of my hair as well as I am taking the vitamins too.

Crystawni
April 12th, 2018, 12:57 AM
Butt the end is rear.

And no, my butt isn't helping me, either. Squats, anyone? Aaaaaaaaaand a one, a two, three, eeeeeeeeeeeeeer four...
*cramp*!

*cramp*!!!

*CRAMP*!!!!!!

...bummer

AutobotsAttack
April 12th, 2018, 01:02 AM
Butt the end is rear.

And no, my butt isn't helping me, either. Squats, anyone? Aaaaaaaaaand a one, a two, three, eeeeeeeeeeeeeer four...
*cramp*!

Hahahahaha! That made my night lol.

*cramp*!!!

*CRAMP*!!!!!!

...bummer

I have a serious case of squatters butt from powerlifting. Not complaining though, I enjoy the strong glutes that come with the sport. Not so helpful when it comes to growing past milestones

vampyyri
April 12th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Okay so... I was in the maintaining frame of mind at TBL to thicken up my ends... but I'm scrapping that now. I just washed my hair and realized the ends of my hair have about 2-3" to go to the bottom of my... bottom.

So I'm going to join in here! Hey guys :lol:

lapushka
April 12th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Okay so... I was in the maintaining frame of mind at TBL to thicken up my ends... but I'm scrapping that now. I just washed my hair and realized the ends of my hair have about 2-3" to go to the bottom of my... bottom.

So I'm going to join in here! Hey guys :lol:

Hey! :waving:

AutobotsAttack
April 12th, 2018, 01:54 PM
I’m getting frustrated. I don’t feel like I’m making any progress.

This was taken on the third
https://i.imgflip.com/289k6k.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/289k6k)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

This was taken last night
https://i.imgflip.com/289kat.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/289kat)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

Both photos are relatively even in terms of comparison, and I overexposed the second one so you guys could see my bottom length.
There is a bit of growth, but it doesn’t seem like much. I mean it has only been several days, but still.

I have a feeling I could possibly claim TBL, but with all this backside that I have, classic seems so much farther away every time I do a check in. Maybe I should stop doing checkins, just to give myself a break? Sometimes at the end of a year all I needed was to look back and realize my perspective was a bit skewed. Idk.

*Wednesday*
April 12th, 2018, 02:39 PM
There is a bit of growth, but it doesn’t seem like much. I mean it has only been several days, but still.

I have a feeling I could possibly claim TBL, but with all this backside that I have, classic seems so much farther away every time I do a check in. Maybe I should stop doing checkins, just to give myself a break? Sometimes at the end of a year all I needed was to look back and realize my perspective was a bit skewed. Idk.

Just my opinion but I think all the “picture” taking can be obsessive. Especially if you are looking for growth in a weeks time. Unless I’m misinterpreting why you are taking so many pics in a short span of time? Think about something else than measuring hair.

AutobotsAttack
April 12th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Just my opinion but I think all the “picture” taking can be obsessive. Especially if you are looking for growth in a weeks time. Unless I’m misinterpreting why you are taking so many pics in a short span of time? Think about something else than measuring hair.

It’s habit forming to be direct.

Which is why I was kind of voicing how I could probably lay off of the frequent length checks.

I have of world of wonders at my hands. So it’s not so much that I don’t think about other things, or don’t preoccupy myself with other things. I’m a student, I compete in sports, I’m always having fun with my family, I like reading, and crafting stuff, and I’m working on a business, but I’m sure you’re capable of understanding how it is when you value something.

Hair being one of them. Espeacially if it’s the longest your hair has ever been.

lapushka
April 12th, 2018, 04:38 PM

I would call that solid hip, but not TBL yet. That's about halfway your bum.

Checking in every couple days is going to end up in major frustration, it's like watching a pot boil! Don't do it to yourself. Maybe do monthly or even 3-monthly check-ins, much better!

AutobotsAttack
April 12th, 2018, 04:39 PM
I would call that solid hip, but not TBL yet. That's about halfway your bum.

Checking in every couple days is going to end up in major frustration, it's like watching a pot boil! Don't do it to yourself. Maybe do monthly or even 3-monthly check-ins, much better!

I can agree. Sounds like a good marker pace. For me though and my proportions, I’ve placed the top of my waistband where my hip bones in both pictures. But I suppose it could be like solid hip as you’ve mentioned, and the top of the waistband could be “brushing hip”? So to speak?

MoonRabbit
April 12th, 2018, 04:56 PM
I can agree. Sounds like a good marker pace. For me though and my proportions, I’ve placed the top of my waistband where my hip bones in both pictures. But I suppose it could be like solid hip as you’ve mentioned, and the top of the waistband could be “brushing hip”? So to speak?

Have you considered doing the seasonal growth thread? It has really helped me become less involved with my growth. Sometimes I will get in one of those moods when I can't help but think about my hair. But with the seasonal thread, I have to wait 3 months and I know I will see the results I want when the time comes to check in.

Also I noticed some people like to claim tailbone at bcl. Tailbone is very debatable, some wait till they are midbutt while others claim at the vertical smile. It all depends when and where you feel it starts on yourself. I prefer to call midbutt tailbone so I will have less growth to classic and bcl just becomes a little extra milestone to get excited about.

AutobotsAttack
April 12th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Have you considered doing the seasonal growth thread? It has really helped me become less involved with my growth. Sometimes I will get in one of those moods when I can't help but think about my hair. But with the seasonal thread, I have to wait 3 months and I know I will see the results I want when the time comes to check in.

Also I noticed some people like to claim tailbone at bcl. Tailbone is very debatable, some wait till they are midbutt while others claim at the vertical smile. It all depends when and where you feel it starts on yourself. I prefer to call midbutt tailbone so I will have less growth to classic and bcl just becomes a little extra milestone to get excited about.

That may be something I’ll spend more time in. At the moment I can’t seem to find a thread to stay in for a bit.

Tailbone starts In a weird place for me. I’m only 5 feet so I suppose it’s a shorter distance from milestone to milestone. The top part of my bum about an inch or two down from my BC is where my tailbone is because I have a scar there from surgery. The majority of the rest of my butt is just muscle and meaty parts. So it kind of blurs after that point.

But that sounds like a good idea to just have TBL be the middle.

*Wednesday*
April 13th, 2018, 11:02 AM
It’s habit forming to be direct.

Which is why I was kind of voicing how I could probably lay off of the frequent length checks.

I have of world of wonders at my hands. So it’s not so much that I don’t think about other things, or don’t preoccupy myself with other things. I’m a student, I compete in sports, I’m always having fun with my family, I like reading, and crafting stuff, and I’m working on a business, but I’m sure you’re capable of understanding how it is when you value something.

Hair being one of them. Espeacially if it’s the longest your hair has ever been.

I’m capable. I’m not an inanimate object. At least I hope not. You posted taking a picture on the 3rd (April?), and one taken a previous night. Habit…obsessive…. over length and check in’s…… matter of semantics or interpretion by the reader. If you believe it’s formed by habit which you seemed to identify, you’re better following your own advice of maybe not doing check in’s or ease up on the camera phone photos. The best way to stop a habit is re-directing.
If you are not thinking about your hair that *much* you won’t feel a need to see if it grew in a week.

littlestarface
April 13th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Butt the end is rear.

*cramp*!

*cramp*!!!

*CRAMP*!!!!!!

...bummer

:rollin: :rollin:

AutobotsAttack
April 13th, 2018, 11:49 AM
I’m capable. I’m not an inanimate object. At least I hope not. You posted taking a picture on the 3rd (April?), and one taken a previous night. Habit…obsessive…. over length and check in’s…… matter of semantics or interpretion by the reader. If you believe it’s formed by habit which you seemed to identify, you’re better following your own advice of maybe not doing check in’s or ease up on the camera phone photos. The best way to stop a habit is re-directing.
If you are not thinking about your hair that *much* you won’t feel a need to see if it grew in a week.

Then what was that whole paragraph for? Have I not already expressed how I’m able to evaluate my own actions? Have you not seen the last two posts where I also agree with others to take it easy? It’s not like I do that day in and day out for months at a time. I’m sure I’m not the only one who does that from time to time. And I said it had been serveral days after the second one. Not the night after. But thanks for the “advice”.

*Wednesday*
April 13th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Then what was that whole paragraph for? Have I not already expressed how I’m able to evaluate my own actions? Have you not seen the last two posts where I also agree with others to take it easy? It’s not like I do that day in and day out for months at a time. I’m sure I’m not the only one who does that from time to time. And I said it had been serveral days after the second one. Not the night after. But thanks for the “advice”.

I beg your pardon. I'm responding to your reply to me. Not what others posted. I did not say you took a picture the night after or every night for that matter. I was stating the pics which you posted with the notations above them. Case in point!

lapushka
April 13th, 2018, 02:45 PM

No, I think you can claim hip full well! :) In the first picture, I notice your waist is 1 inch up your white T, from your waistband, or thereabouts, so I think that's pretty much hip where you are now!

AutobotsAttack
April 13th, 2018, 04:43 PM
No, I think you can claim hip full well! :) In the first picture, I notice your waist is 1 inch up your white T, from your waistband, or thereabouts, so I think that's pretty much hip where you are now!

Ahh okay. Sweet. At least I’ve made it to a milestone

lapushka
April 16th, 2018, 04:42 AM
Not long now; you can see it's kind of disappearing. ;)

https://i.imgur.com/BVseRz7m.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
April 16th, 2018, 05:06 AM

Not long to wait now - beautiful! It has grown fast! :D

lapushka
April 16th, 2018, 06:07 AM

Thank you so much! Yeah in the last month it has really gone well with growth. I love the whole journey.

This is first day hair, so after I'd slept on it. I love taking pictures at that time.

Crystawni
April 16th, 2018, 06:13 AM
It's lovely to see your progress, lapushka. Well, while we can! It really looks like it's going to be out of sight very soon.

lapushka
April 16th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Yes, I think I sat on it a bit there too. LOL! :lol: :o

nycelle
April 16th, 2018, 08:29 AM

wow.. i didn't realize you hair was this long. very nice.

*Wednesday*
April 16th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Your hair looks *long* I'm jealous. ☺ I love your hair. Super gorgeous.

lapushka
April 16th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Thank you so much *Wednesday*! It is getting there, I know. Slowly inching along. It is a tough length to photograph, I know that much. Took 4 tries to get it in the shot and "decent" enough. It wanted to splay and split at the bottom (it's the layering).

Jas
April 16th, 2018, 03:55 PM
You're so close, Lapushka!

I'm officially at BCL, I don't reckon I'll quite make classic but I think I'll be happy with TBL. I'd rather end up with classic though... :P

enting
July 22nd, 2018, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure I'll make it. I realized I've been slouching a lot which I assumed made my hair feel longer than it is. DH had me stand tall and then told me that my hair reaches farther when I stand up straight! So I might make it, but it really is going to depend on my growth rate and how much I need to trim. It'll be close, either way. By feel I have about 3 inches to go, but that could also be wildly inaccurate.

lapushka
July 22nd, 2018, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure I'll make it. I realized I've been slouching a lot which I assumed made my hair feel longer than it is. DH had me stand tall and then told me that my hair reaches farther when I stand up straight! So I might make it, but it really is going to depend on my growth rate and how much I need to trim. It'll be close, either way. By feel I have about 3 inches to go, but that could also be wildly inaccurate.

You can only try! And that's more than good enough! :D

enting
July 23rd, 2018, 08:13 AM
Thank you! :D

psyc2321
August 13th, 2018, 12:51 AM
So, I took a really big break from LHC, and thinking about my hair.

I had a prolonged stall (after 12 weeks, I had remeasured and it was...shorter?) I was pretty depressed about it, and just kinda gave up. Then I had a health scare, and just got bogged down in not drowning in life stuff for a while. Things have settled down now, health is back on track, work is actually going really well, and lately, I've been happier with the texture and feel of my hair. I think it's the ACV.

Then something else. I realised I keep sitting on my hair :hmm: So I got out my measuring tape, and I'm millimetres away from classic. In fact on wash days, when it's at its most stretched out, I'm actually there. And maybe it's stupid how much better that makes me feel, but there you have it. I inherited German birthing hips from my paternal grandmother, too, so there's hope for all you bottom-dwellers (looking at you, Crystawni ;)). There is an end to your end, and your hair will find it :eyebrows:

Crystawni
August 13th, 2018, 01:30 AM
Bahahaha! Good to see you've had hair sneakeration, psyc! So here's cheers :bottomsup: to you reaching classic (wet or not, you're THERE!!!! :happydance:). And I hope your life continues to improve. :grouphug:

My hair will be rumping around a bit longer because some much-needed S & D'ing thinned things out a bit much, so I thickened the hem straight across with some snippage. That means I don't think I'll be at classic for Chrissy, but I'm much happier about the condition and the way it coils better with more team-mates as it continues to bottom out. :grin:

psyc2321
August 13th, 2018, 01:43 AM
Thank you Crystawni! Really, as long as your hair is making you happy, deadlines and milestones are more a nice bonus :bottomsup:

My hemline hasn't been my preferred shape in about 18 months, but my fave hairdresser is finally coming back from maternity leave, so I'm going to have a little trim/reshape in a few weeks. So I may have to get back to classic again, but that's okay. I felt like I hit it right when I needed a boost, and I'm grateful for that. If it stops snowing every time I have a day off (snow clouds do not make for good lighting :shake:), I'll dig out The Shorts and take a new length photo :)

Crystawni
August 13th, 2018, 02:03 AM
S'no(w) good. Shorts and snow don't compute for me--I get an attack of the brrrrrs as soon as I think about it (and memories of sitting on room heaters to warm things up, but my legs getting a little too roasted doing so). The length vs look seesaw becomes even more teetery at these lengths as many of us are hanging for that fairly major milestone of classic. I hope a bit of shaping gives you even more of a boost! You've been uber patient!

psyc2321
August 13th, 2018, 02:56 AM
S'no(w) good. Shorts and snow don't compute for me--I get an attack of the brrrrrs as soon as I think about it

Thankfully our apartment building is new and thermally well designed, so even without turning the heating on, it's a fairly comfortable temperature inside most of the time. The Shorts are important though, because my goal length (my sensible one, anyway), is the bottom :eyebrows: of the shorts, which are more or less FTL on me.

I hear you on the seesaw, though. Making the salon appointment meant getting pretty real with myself about what was more important to me, how long or how it looks? And honestly it varies day to day, so I just had to make a decision. Hopefully I get the same good feeling from sorting my hemline that you seem to have done (anything that helps your beautiful waves show their best is surely worth a slight delay on the journey to classic :crush:) They'll just be decorating your derriere a little longer :whistle::run:

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 06:59 AM
psyc, if it were up to me, for those couple mm, I'd call it! And congratulations to you! :D

ETA: I reached my goal June, and am wondering if I can get to thigh... might need to make a thread for it, if there isn't one already (off to check)!

Cg
August 15th, 2018, 05:24 PM
I reached classic several weeks ago but also since several weeks I can't find any bun that works. They slip out or weight pulls them down or they just look ugly. If I don't have an epiphany in the next week or so I may cut back to tailbone.

I have had almost knee length hair before but always I wore it down and now perhaps I know why.

Dark40
August 15th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Cg, have you tried using jaw clips to hold your buns? They work for me, and I have nearly waist length hair.

Crystawni
August 15th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Cg, I've found knot-type buns like the Celtic Knot work the best and can look intricate.

Cg
August 15th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Cg, have you tried using jaw clips to hold your buns? They work for me, and I have nearly waist length hair.

Jaw clips and 4 or 5 prong forks stay in but the weight of the bun plus my very slippery hair pulls the whole mess down. Uncomfortable and unattractive. Before now I could always find some way to keep a bun anchored in place but not lately. It's pretty frustrating.

Cg, I've found knot-type buns like the Celtic Knot work the best and can look intricate.

Yeah, I tried that bun too but it won't stay in. My hair seems to be the worst slick hair in history.

Dark40
August 15th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Jaw clips and 4 or 5 prong forks stay in but the weight of the bun plus my very slippery hair pulls the whole mess down. Uncomfortable and unattractive. Before now I could always find some way to keep a bun anchored in place but not lately. It's pretty frustrating.

Yeah, I tried that bun too but it won't stay in. My hair seems to be the worst slick hair in history.

Awwwww, that's a shame. I'm so sorry you are going through that with your hair. You are so blessed to have nice slippery hair! I mine was kinda slippery but it is so thick. I bet with that amount of hair the bun does weigh it down. I think with that hair length you can wear it down, can't you? Classic length isn't that long. I mean, it's is very long or super long. Especially, to me. Because, I've never had it that long before but do you think you can secure the bun with huge bobby pins?

Cg
August 15th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Awwwww, that's a shame. I'm so sorry you are going through that with your hair. You are so blessed to have nice slippery hair! I mine was kinda slippery but it is so thick. I bet with that amount of hair the bun does weigh it down. I think with that hair length you can wear it down, can't you? Classic length isn't that long. I mean, it's is very long or super long. Especially, to me. Because, I've never had it that long before but do you think you can secure the bun with huge bobby pins?

In cold weather it might not be too bad, but it's still summer here so it needs to be up. I will try those sturdy roller pins. They never worked at shorter lengths but I'm willing to try just about anything short of industrial glue at this point.

Dark40
August 15th, 2018, 06:21 PM
In cold weather it might not be too bad, but it's still summer here so it needs to be up. I will try those sturdy roller pins. They never worked at shorter lengths but I'm willing to try just about anything short of industrial glue at this point.

Yes, that's true. In cold weather it might not be too bad, but when it is still summer that can be a problem. Yeah, try those sturdy roller pins. I use those all of the time, and it works for me just fine. No, they don't work at shorter lengths. But for the summer you can wear your hair in a ponytail. Or, one or 2 braids.

Crystawni
August 15th, 2018, 06:22 PM

Slipmonster hair is a pain, and I feel it with you. :grouphug: I tweak my Celtic Knots to counteract gravity so there's less drag, like this (mine on the right):

https://i.imgur.com/vgbvC8s.jpg

Xan
August 15th, 2018, 10:15 PM
I hope so I am so close at 46" maybe an inch or two. lets grow already:/

Jas
August 16th, 2018, 02:51 AM
ooh I forgot about this thread, last posted at BCL that I would be happy to make TBL - Well I made that last month :D I still don't think I'll make classic unless I get a growth spurt but I do think I'll only be an inch or two off it at most by Christmas. Good enough for me!

TatsuOni
August 25th, 2018, 03:28 AM
https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/1_5b811f0f2a6b229286af131f.jpg

I made it before Christmas! :joy: (It's a little bit longer without the braid waves)

lapushka
August 25th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Congrats Tatsu! That is lovely! Gorgeous head of hair. :D

Zesty
August 25th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Congratulations Tatsu! :cheer: Your ends look amazing!

Very inspiring. Hopefully I will be close behind you. :)

Starr
August 26th, 2018, 12:39 AM
Congratulations Tatsu! Your hair looks beautiful!

TatsuOni
August 26th, 2018, 03:47 AM
Congrats Tatsu! That is lovely! Gorgeous head of hair. :D

Thank you!

Congratulations Tatsu! :cheer: Your ends look amazing!

Very inspiring. Hopefully I will be close behind you. :)

Thank you! :flower: I'm sure you will! You look really close!

Congratulations Tatsu! Your hair looks beautiful!

Thank you! :flower:

Dark40
September 1st, 2018, 02:04 PM
https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/1_5b811f0f2a6b229286af131f.jpg

I made it before Christmas! :joy: (It's a little bit longer without the braid waves)

Congratulations on reaching your milestone before Christmas! :) You have such beautiful hair! :D

TatsuOni
September 2nd, 2018, 07:25 AM
Congratulations on reaching your milestone before Christmas! :) You have such beautiful hair! :D

Thank you! :blossom:

Crystawni
September 5th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Tatsu, you bumfuzzer, you!! Congrats! You've done it beautifully well!

According to my growth chart, I may still make classic by Christmas after all. We shall see...

psyc2321
September 6th, 2018, 08:15 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33253&d=1536397178

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I've definitely made it! I've had a little growth spurt, and the bulk of my hair has caught up with my gallopers. I do have a trim scheduled in a week, but it's with the hairdresser I trust, and she's always managed to reshape my hemline without touching the centre length, so I'm calling it and joining TatsuOni over in the Classic to Knee thread.

Hope to see you all there very soon :cheer:

Crystawni
September 6th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Way to go, psyc! Congrats on kicking butt all the way to classic!

Jas
September 7th, 2018, 03:46 AM
Ooh congrats! Hopefully I'll join you in the classic to knee thread next year :D

TatsuOni
September 7th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Tatsu, you bumfuzzer, you!! Congrats! You've done it beautifully well!

According to my growth chart, I may still make classic by Christmas after all. We shall see...

Thank you! :flower:

Congrats psyc! :cheer:

Zesty
September 27th, 2018, 06:07 PM
I think... I made it... :couch: lapushka said I could call it...

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33467&d=1538086466

Ylva
September 27th, 2018, 06:10 PM
It certainly looks like you've made it, Zesty! Congrats, and beautiful hair! :)

Crystawni
September 27th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Zesty!! :disco: Christmas came early! :xmas::gift: Congrats! Your hair looks to be revelling in the length, too. So soft and pretty. :cloud9:

lapushka
September 28th, 2018, 09:46 AM

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33467&d=1538086466

Hahaha! LOL. Yeah. Of course it's ready to be called classic, Zesty! :D

TatsuOni
September 28th, 2018, 11:12 AM

Congrats! :cheer: It sure is classic!

Jas
September 28th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Ooh congrats! Definitely there :D

Kelikea
September 28th, 2018, 06:59 PM
I think I might make it to Classic by the end of the year! I'm guesstimating that I'll need 2" of growth to make it. I haven't cut or trimmed since last October!

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
October 19th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Try as I may I won't be able to hit classic in 2 months. Good luck to you guys, fingers crossed for all the fellow growers:o

https://preview.ibb.co/nikXFf/Screenshot-20181019-202551-Gallery.jpg

I'm just a little bit past TBL, hair tapers heavily, but it's not split so I'm not planning to trim. I knew the challenge would be difficult so I'm not terribly disappointed :cool:

lapushka
October 19th, 2018, 04:34 PM
s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n, looks like it may still happen. I wouldn't write if off "just" yet! I think you're about an inch away, and it's over 2 months to go still, so... you might still make it! :)

enting
October 21st, 2018, 06:05 PM
s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n I'm about where you are. I keep trimming because I like to keep my ends fuller and I get splits easily. We'll just have to wait and see if we make it.

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
October 22nd, 2018, 11:42 AM
s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n I'm about where you are. I keep trimming because I like to keep my ends fuller and I get splits easily. We'll just have to wait and see if we make it.

Recently I've started enjoying fairy tale endings, so I deliberately don't trim. I will have to organize a S&D session, though. After seeing closely, hair is not in that great a condition..

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n, looks like it may still happen. I wouldn't write if off "just" yet! I think you're about an inch away, and it's over 2 months to go still, so... you might still make it! :)

Lapushka, I'm afraid it's more than an inch to get me to Classic. My behind is really long (sounds weird :p )

Cg
October 22nd, 2018, 12:21 PM
Not sure when I reached Classic. The yawner of that milestone went unheeded. Perhaps bc I have an unnecessarily long femur and it'll be 4 years to knee, or possibly just getting jaded. Anyway, I hope for all of you plenty of Classic happiness whenever you reach it.

lapushka
October 22nd, 2018, 03:30 PM
Lapushka, I'm afraid it's more than an inch to get me to Classic. My behind is really long (sounds weird :p )

I believe you. :) Just don't give up yet and wait until the end of the year. Growth spurts can sometimes hide in tiny corners and pounce on you when you least expect it. :p

Guitargod
October 22nd, 2018, 07:11 PM
Just took a photo of myself in underwear after I took a bath. I don't feel like sharing it but I'm calling classic when wet now :)

AutobotsAttack
October 23rd, 2018, 12:08 AM
I think I have maybe 3-4 inches until Classic. Probably can get another 2ish inches.

Been having issues with SSKs, that have been forming tangles. Most times I can take a sewing needle to it and not snap any hairs, but tonight I ended up having to snip maybe 7-10 hairs. No idea if they were longest hairs, but hopefully this didn’t set me back too much.

Crystawni
October 23rd, 2018, 12:29 AM
Just took a photo of myself in underwear after I took a bath. I don't feel like sharing it but I'm calling classic when wet now :)

Congrats, Guitargod!

I'm ignoring my length, so hopefully it will surprise me by getting there in the... end.

Crystawni
December 22nd, 2018, 03:25 AM
I'm definitely Classic when wet, and my seasonal pic wants to tease me. My hand in the pic indicates Classic, but the camera is levelled at midback so it's a little off the actual hemline length, but I think I can say I made it by Christmas?

https://i.imgur.com/jOrEzWs.jpg

lapushka
December 22nd, 2018, 03:36 AM
Here I was thinking I was going to get to classic by the end of the year. I reached classic about mid-year, and grew to FTL in the mean time. OMG. It pays to underestimate your goals. :lol: It certainly does. :o

Way to go Crystawni! Looking gorgeous, as ever! :D Congratulations on reaching your goal length!

Crystawni
December 22nd, 2018, 03:40 AM
Naw, lapushka, you're a sweetheart. Thank you! :smooch: And you're at FTL already? Wow! Congrats to you, too! Oi, hang on, you're off to KNEE? Oh, well, that's LHCitis for you! Happy growing!

lapushka
December 22nd, 2018, 03:50 AM
Naw, lapushka, you're a sweetheart. Thank you! :smooch: And you're at FTL already? Wow! Congrats to you, too! Oi, hang on, you're off to KNEE? Oh, well, that's LHCitis for you! Happy growing!

Yes a little "bug" got me. :lol: ;)

Thanks so much!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 22nd, 2018, 03:59 AM
Congrats, Crystawni! Classic is a wonderful length! Well done - does this deserve a new hair toy? :p

Crystawni
December 22nd, 2018, 04:06 AM
Hahaha! It deserves a time-out from buying hairtoys so I can enjoy the length! :p Thanks, SL! :flowers:

Milady_DeWinter
December 22nd, 2018, 04:41 AM
Lovely Crystawni, love so much that lenght on you!!! :crush:

Crystawni
December 22nd, 2018, 04:45 AM
Thanks, Milady! :flower: I caved after checking all the seasonal pics I took the other day (there is never just the one :lol:), and then with the hubster who says my hair just wants to bounce out, but it's there.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 22nd, 2018, 04:59 AM
Thanks, Milady! :flower: I caved after checking all the seasonal pics I took the other day (there is never just the one :lol:), and then with the hubster who says my hair just wants to bounce out, but it's there.

So will you go longer?

Crystawni
December 22nd, 2018, 05:15 AM
I'm heading for FTL, which is around 47" on me.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 22nd, 2018, 05:44 AM

Cool! I'm guessing you need some coolness where you are :laugh:

TatsuOni
December 22nd, 2018, 08:40 AM
I'm definitely Classic when wet, and my seasonal pic wants to tease me. My hand in the pic indicates Classic, but the camera is levelled at midback so it's a little off the actual hemline length, but I think I can say I made it by Christmas?

Congrats! :cheer: And your hair looks great!

lapushka
December 22nd, 2018, 11:50 AM

Yay! I'm rooting for you! :cheer:

Dark40
December 22nd, 2018, 03:21 PM

https://i.imgur.com/jOrEzWs.jpg

Congratulations on reaching Classic or your new milestone! :) Your hair looks gorgeous!!! I just love those waves.

Crystawni
December 22nd, 2018, 04:39 PM
Cool! I'm guessing you need some coolness where you are :laugh:

You betcha! It's going to be a wet, hot, melty Christmas this year. I envy your cooling fog, drizzle, and liveable wintry days (it's too bleh to do much here at the moment)!

Congrats! :cheer: And your hair looks great!

Yay! I'm rooting for you! :cheer:

Congratulations on reaching Classic or your new milestone! :) Your hair looks gorgeous!!! I just love those waves.

:blossom: Thank you so much, Tatsu, lapushka and Dark40!

Dark40
December 23rd, 2018, 07:54 PM
You betcha! It's going to be a wet, hot, melty Christmas this year. I envy your cooling fog, drizzle, and liveable wintry days (it's too bleh to do much here at the moment)!

:blossom: Thank you so much, Tatsu, lapushka and Dark40!

:blossom: You're welcome!

Beeboo123
December 30th, 2018, 05:58 AM
Yes! Reached classic!

lapushka
December 30th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Yes! Reached classic!

Congratulations! :)

CindyOfTheOaks
December 30th, 2018, 10:11 AM
I made it !
Sat on it in a hard chair a couple of weeks ago and couldn't move my head - wonderful surprise !

Wildcat Diva
December 30th, 2018, 11:26 AM
I guess I could call it if I wanted, but it’s like a tiny amount of hairs at the tip of my V shape hem. I really thought I would be at classic proper by now. Solidly. Considering I was at waist by what, about 2014 ish, and only a few tiny snips to the very ends of the fairy tales here and there? This was not what I’ve expected and goes to show you, don’t count on anything. But it’s ok.

enting
December 30th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Wildcat Diva I'm about a centimeter or two shy, myself. I hoped I'd make it, but the growth just wasn't there. Waist to BCL seemed to go pretty quickly for me, comparatively. It must be the whole traveling over a non-linear domain that makes it a longer trip.

Crystawni
December 30th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Congrats, Beeboo and Cindy! :happydance:

WCD, I reckon no matter how many hairs are there, they're there, so congrats! You've always been an inspiration to me, and I LOVE your hair. It just looks like your hair, when it comes to the growth department, is a diva, too, and wants to be well and truly noticed at the rump region! :p

enting, I really didn't think my hair would get to classic by now (moreso February next year)--those last few centimetres seem to draaaaaaaaaaaaag. It may surprise you, though. I only found it was actually hovering at classic by taking pics, so mayhaps you're due for a pic or two?

AmaryllisRed
December 30th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Does this mean my flat butt is finally going to come in handy for something? 😂

Crystawni
December 30th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Bahahaha! Yup!! Flat butts are a definite plus! I even think losing 3cm off my hips/butt in the past two weeks since returning to LCHF (keto) has helped me. :bigtongue: But the bugger is it won't make my arms shorter for FTL. :knuckle:

AmaryllisRed
December 30th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Bahahaha! Yup!! Flat butts are a definite plus! I even think losing 3cm off my hips/butt in the past two weeks since returning to LCHF (keto) has helped me. :bigtongue: But the bugger is it won't make my arms shorter for FTL. :knuckle:

Haha! Yes, any advantage my flat butt might give me will vanish if I decide to grow to fingertip!

Wildcat Diva
December 30th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Congrats, Beeboo and Cindy! :happydance:

WCD, I reckon no matter how many hairs are there, they're there, so congrats! You've always been an inspiration to me, and I LOVE your hair. It just looks like your hair, when it comes to the growth department, is a diva, too, and wants to be well and truly noticed at the rump region! :p

enting, I really didn't think my hair would get to classic by now (moreso February next year)--those last few centimetres seem to draaaaaaaaaaaaag. It may surprise you, though. I only found it was actually hovering at classic by taking pics, so mayhaps you're due for a pic or two?

Thank you! Very sweet compliment you give me there. Right back at cha with your awesome head of hair.

Was talking with hubs about classic length drama and he says that for sure it’s a #curlyhairwoes issue for me. Also,
my butt is HUUUGE and so that don’t help me out with this issue o e bit.

enting
December 31st, 2018, 04:00 AM
Wildcat Diva, I would agree with Crystawni. If a few hairs are there, you're there.

Crystawni, you may be right, I may be due for a picture to be able to tell. I need a camera-person. I don't think I can do that one on my own.

I should think that flat butts would be a definite advantage in getting to classic. An advantage I don't have. If I decide to go to FTL I'll also have a long wait reaching that. I do not have short arms, quite the contrary. Ah well, it was a series of short distances between BSL and BCL, I've got to have a challenge somewhere.

TatsuOni
December 31st, 2018, 08:02 AM
Yes! Reached classic!

I made it !
Sat on it in a hard chair a couple of weeks ago and couldn't move my head - wonderful surprise !

Congrats :cheer:

And for those who didn't make it! You'll reach classic in 2019! :)

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 12:24 PM
Yes! Reached classic!

Congratulations! :)