PDA

View Full Version : Classic Length By Christmas 2019

Pages : [1] 2

Dark40
November 6th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

Now I know that we will love to be at this length someday. Who will join with me in reaching this length in this year?

What is your goal?
What is your growth rate?

Thank you all for your response!

Beeboo123
November 6th, 2017, 06:11 PM
I’m aiming for classic by Summer 2018. A little far from Christmas 2019 lol

Robi-Bird
November 6th, 2017, 06:54 PM
My goal is Winter 2018. Earlier would be good but I think I'm a footish away so that would be about a year's growth.

psyc2321
November 6th, 2017, 07:18 PM
I’m about 6” from classic right now, so I’m hoping to make it by Christmas 2018. I do need to trim a bit more damage out of the ends, and probably cut back into my preferred V hem.

I do love the look of a blunt hem, but I find I need a decent amount of taper or I can’t get my ends to stay in a bun. Is that inevitable for an ii/iii, or am I missing some trick?

Dark40
November 6th, 2017, 07:30 PM
I’m aiming for classic by Summer 2018. A little far from Christmas 2019 lol

Yes, that is a little far from Christmas 2019 lol. I'm at WL now, and I know that I won't make it there by the summer or the end of 2018. I really wish that my hair could grow at least 2" per month. But it only grows 1.5" a month instead.:( Even with the hair, skin, and nails vitamins I take it that's my growth rate. Without the hair vitamins it would only grow 1" per month.

Dark40
November 6th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I’m about 6” from classic right now, so I’m hoping to make it by Christmas 2018. I do need to trim a bit more damage out of the ends, and probably cut back into my preferred V hem.

I do love the look of a blunt hem, but I find I need a decent amount of taper or I can’t get my ends to stay in a bun. Is that inevitable for an ii/iii, or am I missing some trick?

Oh, ok. Yeah, it's best to get rid of all the damage, and then let it continue to grow. I also love the straight across hemline. I also love a blunt hem too. Oh, I can imagine the feeling of not being able to get your ends to stay in a bun. I just wear half buns in a scrunchie. I think that's the trick. Do you have layers in your ends?

Jo Ann
November 6th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I'm in! I'm about 10" from Classic, and trimming out taper for a thicker hemline, but I can do this! :)

leayellena
November 6th, 2017, 11:26 PM
I subscribed to this thread because it's most likely for me to reach class by x-mas next year.

my growing rate is 1 cm per month, but I keep micro trims few mm per month so I can even my hemline and get rid of the deep u-shape I have until now. yeah growing out layers are some kind of "growing pains" lol

lapushka
November 7th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Is there a CL for 2018 yet? I might make one!

Cg
November 7th, 2017, 08:13 AM
I expect to reach classic next summer. My hair grows 6-8" per year, and I microtrim every six weeks. My goal is however long it will grow with a blunt hemline.

valkyrie90
November 7th, 2017, 08:41 AM
I guess this thread is for me or I just overestimate my growth rate. I'm like about 2cm something from WL ( never measure , tho. I'm short so it might be possible. Who knows ? Let's see where it's gonna take meeeee

lapushka
November 7th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I hope to be somewhere past classic, but I might trim back to this length, who knows. I will reach classic somewhere in 2018, and we'll see how far I get. My "comfort-length" is classic and it may be difficult to grow on.

draysmir
November 7th, 2017, 09:07 AM
I'm in as well :) I expect it should take about another two years to get to classic, so Christmas 2019 sounds about right. I'm at hip length right now at 32", I need about 8" more until I get to classic length, possibly 7" by the end of this year (maybe an extra inch though, I need to remeasure once I'm a bit closer). I expect to likely trim about half my growth in 2018 (to get to one length), but hope to reach TBL by Christmas 2018 if possible. If I don't have to maintain/trim too much around TBL then I should be able to reach classic by the end of 2019. :)

Dark40
November 7th, 2017, 01:03 PM
I hope to be somewhere past classic, but I might trim back to this length, who knows. I will reach classic somewhere in 2018, and we'll see how far I get. My "comfort-length" is classic and it may be difficult to grow on.

Yeah, me too also hope to be pass classic by Christmas of 2019. I think my comfort-length is classic too. We'll see if I can handle it at that length. Since it's never been that long before.

queenbee1
November 7th, 2017, 01:18 PM
I'm in :D :D

Dark40
November 9th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Is there a CL for 2018 yet? I might make one!

Thanks for making one!:D But I know that my hair won't make it to CL by Christmas of 2018. It might make it to TBL by then.

Dark40
November 12th, 2017, 03:56 PM
I expect to reach classic next summer. My hair grows 6-8" per year, and I microtrim every six weeks. My goal is however long it will grow with a blunt hemline.

My goal is that too. To let it grow however long it will grow with a blunt hemline. I think my hair grows about 6-8" per year too. I now that it grows 2" every 3 months every time I get my hair relaxed.

Dark40
November 12th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I'm in :D :D

Welcome to the challenge! :D :D

Ylva
September 3rd, 2018, 10:49 AM
Does anyone here share this goal with me?

I'm now closing in on BCL. It's a matter of the slightest change in the angle of my head whether I am BCL or just short of it, but I don't dare to count myself as BCL just yet. I grow about 1 cm or slightly more per month, which is about the average. I'm not sure if trying to reach classic length by the end of 2019 is too ambitious or not, but at the very least I should be pretty close! Unless, of course, I reach my terminal length before that. :scared:

I really wanted to make it "Classic by Yule 2019" instead, but as all the other similar threads are also Christmas, so Christmas it is. :D And of course I apologise if there already was a thread for this, I tried to search for it with no luck.

JennGalt
September 3rd, 2018, 11:51 AM
I’m in! I’m also shooting for TBL by Christmas 2018 and didn’t think I’d make it due to trimming, but I’m at BCL stretched now even after the trims. I should be able to trim a bit for a thicker hemline and stll hit CL by Christmas 2019 curly.

My original goal was just TBL... See what you’ve done, LHC?

lapushka
September 3rd, 2018, 12:00 PM
My original goal was just TBL... See what you’ve done, LHC?

LOL! :lol:

Good luck to everyone! :happydance:

FennFire911
September 3rd, 2018, 01:06 PM
I’m in! I’m so close to BCL now, I should be able to claim it in a couple more weeks. So maybe classic in another year is doable!

Ylva
September 3rd, 2018, 02:52 PM
Welcome JennGalt and FennFire911! Sounds like all three of us are pretty much around the same length, so will be exciting to see how everyone progresses!

Thank you lapushka! :)

Before the LHC I was also perfectly content with my "somewhere in the lower back area" length hair... until I realised that I was actually "allowed" to grow longer. That it's totally okay. And normal. And cool. And I should aim for it. Because hair. O_O

esfand
September 3rd, 2018, 03:42 PM
I am in! My goal used to be waist length, then it went to tailbone.. now it's classic. I just keep wanting more length!

Ylva
September 3rd, 2018, 05:52 PM
Welcome, esfand, and happy growing! :)

FennFire911
September 3rd, 2018, 08:10 PM
Yea LHC has had an effect on my hair goals as well. I used to think I just wanted to get back to TBL like I was a few years ago, but now I'm curious what my terminal length is. haha

Is anybody in here planning any trims into this challenge? I'm in the No Trim 2018 and I seriously think I'll do the No Trim 2019 as well without the New Years' Day trim. I think I'm just plain not going to take blades to my hair other than S&D. I'm not sure any loss of length will allow me to be at Classic by next Christmas/Yuletide. I already have a strong taper and faerie tale ends; if I make it to classic at all by that time, it's not going to be much of a hemline to be proud of.
How are y'all handling hemline care for this?

JennGalt
September 3rd, 2018, 10:16 PM
I will be trimming a little bit here and there after I hit TBL or Christmas... I haven’t decided yet. My ends are still too thin and fairytale-y, and I need to get rid of some old heat damage. Not exactly sure what my growth rate is (I think I have several actually), but I believe it’s relatively fast. Spurts of over an inch per month are not unusual. So barring any stalls or hitting terminal length, I should have plenty of leeway for trims and a decent chance of reaching classic with a less fairytale-y hemline.

butterflybutton
September 4th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Classic stretched is my goal for the end of next year too! That should hopefully get me around waist length when it is all wurly and fluffy

Soulina
September 4th, 2018, 03:32 AM
This feels scary thread. I am around same length as you Ylva, the tip of my fairytale ends are BCL I will have solid BCL in yule if everything goes well, maybe even TBL :thud: so theoretically classic should be doable yule 2019. But it feels so far away. I have dreamed about classic length hair since I was a little girl. Classic is maybe 20cm away. I grow almost 20cm in year. so it should be doable. But it would be like a dream come true. So long I believed that my hair just cant grow longer than waist. It went from waist to BCL less than a year.

Ylva
September 4th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Is anybody in here planning any trims into this challenge? I'm in the No Trim 2018 and I seriously think I'll do the No Trim 2019 as well without the New Years' Day trim. I think I'm just plain not going to take blades to my hair other than S&D. I'm not sure any loss of length will allow me to be at Classic by next Christmas/Yuletide. I already have a strong taper and faerie tale ends; if I make it to classic at all by that time, it's not going to be much of a hemline to be proud of.
How are y'all handling hemline care for this?

I've committed to not trimming until July 2019. Once there, I will consider what's best for my hair. I don't think I can afford to lose length either if I wish to reach classic by the end of next year, but I think it's too early for me to say if I will trim at all or not. One idea was that I would grow to classic, no matter what, and then hang out there to thicken my hemline, although I don't mind some fairytale-ing.

Classic stretched is my goal for the end of next year too! That should hopefully get me around waist length when it is all wurly and fluffy

Happy growing and good luck! :)

This feels scary thread. I am around same length as you Ylva, the tip of my fairytale ends are BCL I will have solid BCL in yule if everything goes well, maybe even TBL :thud: so theoretically classic should be doable yule 2019. But it feels so far away. I have dreamed about classic length hair since I was a little girl. Classic is maybe 20cm away. I grow almost 20cm in year. so it should be doable. But it would be like a dream come true. So long I believed that my hair just cant grow longer than waist. It went from waist to BCL less than a year.

Even if you didn't quite make it to classic by Yule 2019, you'll still be a whole lot closer and it won't be long anymore after that. So no stress or fear, really. :) I just like that this goal reminds me to take extra good care of my hair even when I feel lazy or that it's no point.

MoonRabbit
September 4th, 2018, 05:10 PM
I'll join. Currently at tbl (36 inches) and classic is 40. I've been maintaining for the past few months and will continue until the new year. So this challenge will give me an extra 3 months to do some trims if I feel like I will need them. Good luck everyone!

lapushka
September 4th, 2018, 05:20 PM
I'll join. Currently at tbl (36 inches) and classic is 40. I've been maintaining for the past few months and will continue until the new year. So this challenge will give me an extra 3 months to do some trims if I feel like I will need them. Good luck everyone!

It will give you 3 months + a whole year (this is the classic by 2019 challenge). ;) Maybe you're looking for the other one? :)

Ylva
September 4th, 2018, 06:06 PM
It's funny how my hair goals have taken form during my short time in the LHC. Before joining I knew my hair was long, but that was about it. It was lower back length to me, but not much else. I didn't know of any length milestones and didn't really pay any attention to my hair, I'm not even sure what length it was before my latest trim in March. I don't know if my hair is longer now or not. I was planning to grow longer, but I didn't know how long. Now I know exactly what my goals are and when I want to try and reach them. :D And I'm not even sure what exactly caused me to become so sure of it.

Welcome, MoonRabbit and good luck!

It will give you 3 months + a whole year (this is the classic by 2019 challenge). ;) Maybe you're looking for the other one? :)

The way I understood is that she will utilise the remaining 3 months of this year so do trims and still try to reach classic by the end of 2019.

MoonRabbit
September 4th, 2018, 06:11 PM

I mean 3 extra months plus the 8 months of growth it will take to reach classic Since I don't plan on growing again until 2019, I could reach classic by September. Unless I need to trim during that time then those extra few months could give me wiggle room.

Dante
September 5th, 2018, 02:16 AM
Hmm, how far is it from where you are to classic length for you all?

I’m about an inch from BCL, so am feeling psyched that I should make my goal (BCL) by Christmas this year. :happydance: I’ve been trying to decide what my 2019 goal should be too. I would love (LOVE!) to aim for classic length by Christmas 2019 but I’m very tall, with a long torso, so it’s just a very long way for my hair to grow.

butterflybutton
September 5th, 2018, 04:14 AM
I've got 6" left to grow, not sure if I'll make it with the trimming I'll need to do, but I'm going to try for it hehe

ebillan
September 5th, 2018, 05:36 AM
How much do you guys feel your hair grows over the course of a year? I've heard people say an inch a month, but that seems like much more than I get on my hair? Maybe an inch every two months...
I've never measured my hair or set specific goals about length, so I really have no idea what's doable for me when! But I'd like to try for classic length!

Ylva
September 5th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Hmm, how far is it from where you are to classic length for you all?

I’m about an inch from BCL, so am feeling psyched that I should make my goal (BCL) by Christmas this year. :happydance: I’ve been trying to decide what my 2019 goal should be too. I would love (LOVE!) to aim for classic length by Christmas 2019 but I’m very tall, with a long torso, so it’s just a very long way for my hair to grow.

I haven't taken any measurements, of my hair or how much I have to grow to reach classic, but I expect to be BCL "within some weeks". Perhaps by the end of the month.

No matter even if you didn't reach classic by the end of 2019! It's still a nice goal after which you will be a whole lot closer and it won't be long anymore after that. :)

I've got 6" left to grow, not sure if I'll make it with the trimming I'll need to do, but I'm going to try for it hehe

Welcome to the challenge! :)

How much do you guys feel your hair grows over the course of a year? I've heard people say an inch a month, but that seems like much more than I get on my hair? Maybe an inch every two months...
I've never measured my hair or set specific goals about length, so I really have no idea what's doable for me when! But I'd like to try for classic length!

Something like this for me too. I'm not one of those with craaaaazy hair growth rates, but as far as I've heard, my hair grows at average speed.

The first time I did the inversion method (as much as I hate the method this method that language, I have to use it because everyone knows what I'm talking about then :D) I managed to grow just short of 1 cm in a week. I was flabbergasted! I didn't even do it properly, only massaging my head upside down when I washed my hair. Since then I haven't done it quite as frequently and haven't noticed any increase in my growth speed. Not sure what that first week was about.

lapushka
September 5th, 2018, 09:56 AM
I mean 3 extra months plus the 8 months of growth it will take to reach classic Since I don't plan on growing again until 2019, I could reach classic by September. Unless I need to trim during that time then those extra few months could give me wiggle room.

Oh OK. I misunderstood. Gotcha! :D Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

lapushka
September 5th, 2018, 09:57 AM

Normal growth rate is 1/2 inch a month. An inch is exceptional.

ravenskey
September 5th, 2018, 03:08 PM
I will cautiously join this thread.

If I reach this year's goal of BCL by Christmas 2018, I will join permanently.
If I don't, then I'll probably drop out and see how my growth goes into 2019.

samanthaa
September 5th, 2018, 03:28 PM
I (vaguely) wonder if I can make classic by Christmas/New Year. Classic is the overall goal right now, but my hair needs a lot of TLC. Preferably a trim back to waist, as that's where my shortest layer currently is. My hemline is at TBL.

I know for a fact I will be cutting 2-3 inches on Jan. 1. I'm doing a no-trim year for 2018--it's been a year of benign neglect for me, so no-trim has been rather easy. I just...put off thinking about it until January.

Ylva
September 5th, 2018, 06:47 PM
I will cautiously join this thread.

If I reach this year's goal of BCL by Christmas 2018, I will join permanently.
If I don't, then I'll probably drop out and see how my growth goes into 2019.

BCL/TBL by Christmas 2018 is also my current goal, but regardless of the outcome, I will work towards classic with my best ability. :) Welcome!

I (vaguely) wonder if I can make classic by Christmas/New Year. Classic is the overall goal right now, but my hair needs a lot of TLC. Preferably a trim back to waist, as that's where my shortest layer currently is. My hemline is at TBL.

I know for a fact I will be cutting 2-3 inches on Jan. 1. I'm doing a no-trim year for 2018--it's been a year of benign neglect for me, so no-trim has been rather easy. I just...put off thinking about it until January.

I think it's possible if you have a faster than average growth rate. But no matter, you are welcome to grow with us either way. :)

ebillan
September 5th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Normal growth rate is 1/2 inch a month. An inch is exceptional.

I thought an inch didn't sound right!

Well, I'm about 10 inches short of classic length hair. At half an inch I'll probably only have another 7 inches by next Christmas, but let's see!
If I was shorter my hair would look so much longer..!

JennGalt
September 5th, 2018, 09:07 PM
I thought an inch didn't sound right!

Well, I'm about 10 inches short of classic length hair. At half an inch I'll probably only have another 7 inches by next Christmas, but let's see!
If I was shorter my hair would look so much longer..!

An inch per month is rare; definitely not as common as youtubers would have you believe, but it does happen. Try finding an old pic with your hair straightened and compare it with your stretched length now. You might be surprised—I certainly was! Curls can hide a LOT of growth. If you have a normal growth rate measured while curly, your growth rate measured stretched might be pretty surprising.

Do you measure stretched or curly? I measure stretched because my shrinkage varies so wildly from day to day and also depending on which part of my head the curls come from. But I hope to hit classic curly (most days) by Yuletide 2019 :)

ebillan
September 5th, 2018, 10:30 PM
An inch per month is rare; definitely not as common as youtubers would have you believe, but it does happen. Try finding an old pic with your hair straightened and compare it with your stretched length now. You might be surprised—I certainly was! Curls can hide a LOT of growth. If you have a normal growth rate measured while curly, your growth rate measured stretched might be pretty surprising.

Do you measure stretched or curly? I measure stretched because my shrinkage varies so wildly from day to day and also depending on which part of my head the curls come from. But I hope to hit classic curly (most days) by Yuletide 2019 :)

The first time I ever measured my hair was after joining this site! I measured it right after I'd straightened it - the curls can vary so much in my hair as well that I'm sure the measurements would be all over the place!

Good luck with your hair goals! Growing out curly hair can certainly feel like an eternal process some days!

Dante
September 6th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the info on growth rates! I haven’t measured exactly how long it is for me to get to classic, but after I’ve done that I’ll work out if classic is feasible for me. You all are really inspiring! Fingers crossed and I’ll report back :)

samanthaa
September 7th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I think it's possible if you have a faster than average growth rate. But no matter, you are welcome to grow with us either way. :)

I normally do have about a 3/4" per month growth rate, but I've hit a couple stalls so far this year, so who knows! I'll just hang out and see how far I can get.

Arachnid
September 7th, 2018, 03:28 PM
My hair doesn’t seem to grow very fast but I don’t trim very often, maybe once every 2yrs, so I think I could make CL by next Christmas.
I can hardly believe it, for most of my growing time I’ve been embracing the technique of benign neglect and always worn my hair up, now CL is within sight!!����

Ylva
September 7th, 2018, 05:02 PM
My hair doesn’t seem to grow very fast but I don’t trim very often, maybe once every 2yrs, so I think I could make CL by next Christmas.
I can hardly believe it, for most of my growing time I’ve been embracing the technique of benign neglect and always worn my hair up, now CL is within sight!!����

I did benign neglect only until the change of the year.

Since then, I've felt like my hair stopped growing altogether lol.

Dark40
September 10th, 2018, 07:21 PM

My hair grows an inch per month. It grows pretty fast!

Ylva
September 11th, 2018, 08:36 AM
A length shot from yesterday for the sake of reaching BCL. Do you guys think this is a lot of taper? My last trim was about half a year ago and before that I hardly had any regular trims, so there's a long history of bening neglect. I fully plan on thickening my hemline once I reach classic, just wondering. :) There's also a clear "damage line" about halfway down, heh, but I decided to salvage it and just power through until classic. But to be fair, the thing I'm most excited about with regards to reaching classic is that I'll finally get to trim my hair and work for an overall healthier mane.

https://image.ibb.co/ndrdKp/hiukset10syys18.jpg

JennGalt
September 11th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Beautiful, Ylva! I see the taper, but it doesn’t look like any more than you’d have if you’d purposely gotten a layered cut. Nothing to worry about, it looks wonderful :)

I understand wanting a thicker hemline though; I’ve got plenty of taper and old heat damage myself. Gonna start trimming again at TBL.

lapushka
September 11th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Ylva, no I actually don't think that's a lot of taper at all. You're doing great! :)

Ylva
September 11th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Beautiful, Ylva! I see the taper, but it doesn’t look like any more than you’d have if you’d purposely gotten a layered cut. Nothing to worry about, it looks wonderful :)

I understand wanting a thicker hemline though; I’ve got plenty of taper and old heat damage myself. Gonna start trimming again at TBL.

Thank you! That is good to hear! :)

Taper and fairytale ends certainly have their charm, that "I live in the forest and never cut my hair" kind of look, but I don't think I have so much hair that I should particularly aim for it. It will happen anyway.

Ylva, no I actually don't think that's a lot of taper at all. You're doing great! :)

Thank you! :) Nice to hear that you think so!

Ylva
September 15th, 2018, 07:52 PM
For the first time ever I did some hair calculations. I tried to measure how far away I am from classic in terms of centimetres and both times I got 17 cm as the result. So, considering that my hair grows a little over 1 cm a month, I think this is actually confirmed doable for me. However, I can't afford any cuts and it will literally be on the hair.

I've got a hairdresser appointment on Monday. I'm determined to stay strong and ban all cutting action, even if she commented on my ends being dry, which they are. I just don't think dryness is a reason to cut. It just means I need to change a bit of something in my hair care routine. I am still figuring out what that is, as the dryness is pretty new.

Vanillame
September 15th, 2018, 09:52 PM
I'm in too! 🙂

lithostoic
September 15th, 2018, 11:39 PM
Ylva My hair looks like that too, with a damage line halfway down. Mine is shorter of course :P I measured the circumference at my pony and halfway down and there was a 1 inch difference!

I think your hair looks beautiful this way, and some people do purposely thin their hair to get that effect!

spirals
September 16th, 2018, 12:16 AM
I think I can do it. I'm not sure if I want to. I'm inching past BCL and am maybe 3" from tailbone and my hair is driving me nuts now. But am I going to chop it? Probably not. I'll probably just hit classic one day and say "Oh...huh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Ylva
September 16th, 2018, 10:32 AM
I'm in too! ��

Welcome and good luck! :)

Ylva My hair looks like that too, with a damage line halfway down. Mine is shorter of course :P I measured the circumference at my pony and halfway down and there was a 1 inch difference!

I think your hair looks beautiful this way, and some people do purposely thin their hair to get that effect!

I don't dare to measure the difference I have! I just try to keep in mind that it's totally normal, not every hair on one's head can reach down to the same length. It's no biggie! :)

Thank you kindly! I guess the grass is just always greener on the other side!

I think I can do it. I'm not sure if I want to. I'm inching past BCL and am maybe 3" from tailbone and my hair is driving me nuts now. But am I going to chop it? Probably not. I'll probably just hit classic one day and say "Oh...huh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

There's no harm in joining the challenge anyway and seeing where you end up. :)

HumbleMan
September 24th, 2018, 10:45 AM
BLC TBL LHC... What is this sorcery? What do they mean.

Ylva
September 24th, 2018, 11:01 AM
BLC TBL LHC... What is this sorcery? What do they mean.

BCL = buttcrack length
TBL = tailbone length
LHC = long hair community (this place!)

They are mostly abbreviations for different hair lengths in comparison with the owner's body.

Here's a dictionary for the many abbreviations seen around here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54874 :)

Don't worry, I'm still confused about many of them myself, especially if they aren't directly related to hair.

Dark40
September 28th, 2018, 08:39 PM
I'm joining in. I know that I can reach this goal by then. My hair is now currently at WL.

Ylva
September 30th, 2018, 04:35 PM
I'm joining in. I know that I can reach this goal by then. My hair is now currently at WL.

Welcome to the challenge!

AmaryllisRed
October 1st, 2018, 10:16 PM
Yeah.
I think I've just changed my goal length AGAIN.
I'm so close to TBL, classic seems so doable. Why the heck not?
Hello, everyone. My name is Amaryllis, and I have LHC-itis.

Ylva
October 3rd, 2018, 07:26 AM
Welcome, AmaryllisRed! :)

I'm afraid of LHC-itis. I mean, I've decided to grow to classic before I start thickening my hemline. It seems like a reasonable goal, as it won't take a crazy long time for me to reach classic. But what if I will, for some reason, want to grow longer instead of thickening my hemline then?! Of course there doesn't need to be a deadline for growth, but I like to have clear goals, know exactly what I will work for next, and set a clear point for when I will have reached that goal and it's time to focus on the next one. I don't know if this makes any sense. :D I've just been feeling frustrated with my ends for a while and I really desire a thicker hemline. I don't know thick I will be able to have it at classic or even at this length, but I won't know until I try. And I'm just really eager to start microtrimming and maintaining. For that reason, as well, I figured it would be best if I reached my length goal first and then focused on that, so I can put all of my attention to it, instead of wondering if I should let it grow a bit more for now or not.

I also feel like I've sort of "cheated" my way to this length, although there's probably no such thing. It's just that I haven't had any particular "growth journey", as my hair was already at hip when I started to grow it out for real. Growing my hair out was just always so easy due to depression and neglect. Every two-three years or so I'd just wake up momentarily and get some inspiration to go to a hairdresser, then I'd have a chop and it would grow out again, and I hung out around hip for so many years without really giving a damn. It's strange to think about it!

JennGalt
October 3rd, 2018, 09:13 PM
I don’t think you “cheated,” it just sounds like you weren’t super conscious of your hair during part of your hair journey. Which is still part of your hair journey. Not cheating. Haha, I didn’t pay attention to mine at all for some time—I thought APL was terminal length for me. Then gradually I quit flatironing and hit WL quite by accident, and only then did I think it might be possible to grow to TBL, which had always seemed impossibly long before.

I don’t think LHC-itis is a bad thing either :D and I don’t see anything wrong with your ends. I think they look quite nice :) I like fairytale ends, but if that’s not what you want, you can microtrim and grow at the same time—microtrimming doesn’t mean you have to stop and maintain for a while. Plans can change; that’s life. Your hair is beautiful, and as long as you are enjoying the journey, that’s what matters. Don’t beat yourself up over your ends. They look fine! And if you’re truly frustrated and can’t help but focus on them, fix it! Your hair will keep growing either way, and you’ll reach your goals, even if not by a set deadline. (I have to keep telling myself that last bit after my recent trim!)

Also: I hope the depression is better now... Been there myself. It’s certainly no picnic!

Ylva
October 4th, 2018, 08:49 AM
I don’t think you “cheated,” it just sounds like you weren’t super conscious of your hair during part of your hair journey. Which is still part of your hair journey. Not cheating. Haha, I didn’t pay attention to mine at all for some time—I thought APL was terminal length for me. Then gradually I quit flatironing and hit WL quite by accident, and only then did I think it might be possible to grow to TBL, which had always seemed impossibly long before.

I don’t think LHC-itis is a bad thing either :D and I don’t see anything wrong with your ends. I think they look quite nice :) I like fairytale ends, but if that’s not what you want, you can microtrim and grow at the same time—microtrimming doesn’t mean you have to stop and maintain for a while. Plans can change; that’s life. Your hair is beautiful, and as long as you are enjoying the journey, that’s what matters. Don’t beat yourself up over your ends. They look fine! And if you’re truly frustrated and can’t help but focus on them, fix it! Your hair will keep growing either way, and you’ll reach your goals, even if not by a set deadline. (I have to keep telling myself that last bit after my recent trim!)

Also: I hope the depression is better now... Been there myself. It’s certainly no picnic!

I guess you're right. I mean, I know you are. But still it feels sort of odd when people talk about having started their healthy hair journeys at pixie after having a revelation about how they mistreated their hair and all that. I don't have any such experience. I did have a "revelation" of some sort about proper hair care, but I was always able to have long and decent hair before that, too, as long as I didn't go crazy with chemical treatments. But somehow even the damaged hair became "decent" over time by just ignoring it. I don't know what magic was at play there. Or maybe I was just totally blind to everything. :D

Thank you so much. I also like fairytale ends, but I'm very self-critical, so what applies to others and in general, doesn't necesarily apply to me. :D What you're saying about microtrimming and growing simultaenously makes perfect sense and I agree, but I have a hard time working towards two seemingly contradicting goals at the same time. I know very well they're not contradicting - as you say, one is perfectly able to microtrim and grow at the same time. But for me it would feel demotivating to work for growth just to take some of it off. Even though that's not the case at all. You're still growing, you're just keeping your ends nice at the same time. It's just that I'm stupid and difficult like that, so I have settled with it being a form of discipline instead. I will focus on gaining length religiously, then I will focus on thickening my hemline and growing out damage equally religously. That I'm tolerating my imperfect ends is a part of that process and a challenge of patience, I guess. I've "fixed" it by coming up with this plan. :)

Also, thank you about the depression thing. Things certainly are better these days. Not perfect, but there has been significant improvement. :)

But you're right, we will reach our goals, regardless of any deadlines. It's still nice to work for something and see how close you get, if not quite there. :)

lapushka
October 4th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Ylva, I just discovered that Dark40 had started this thread earlier, might be some answers in there that are valuable still:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144594

Ylva
October 4th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Ylva, I just discovered that Dark40 had started this thread earlier, might be some answers in there that are valuable still:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144594

I see! Too bad it didn't show up in any of my searches. :(

lapushka
October 4th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I see! Too bad it didn't show up in any of my searches. :(

If you search by title on the year 2019, it shows up fine. But you have to really learn to search by title, and that's when the search function really shines!

Ylva
October 4th, 2018, 11:39 AM
If you search by title on the year 2019, it shows up fine. But you have to really learn to search by title, and that's when the search function really shines!

I used Google for multiple different search words. I had read that one should use that instead of the LHC forum search. But good to hear it works at least sometimes.

JennGalt
October 4th, 2018, 07:48 PM
I’m still going to stay in this particular thread since it’s the one I originally joined, and also seems much more active. It’s possible to have the mods merge the two, but it doesn’t matter to me either way, and I suspect most of us here don’t really care either. This is my main hair goal right now (well, that and gradually trimming out the rest of my heat damage) since I doubt I can hit TBL by this Xmas, so I’ll be staying here rather stubbornly :D

And Ylva, don’t say you are stupid! You aren’t. And don’t let the search engine thing get to you—I’ve searched for threads by their exact names and checked the “Title Only” box and they still wouldn’t come up anywhere near the first page, both on here and Google. Search engine algorithms can do some very odd things. :shrug:

lapushka
October 6th, 2018, 03:07 PM
And Ylva, don’t say you are stupid! You aren’t. And don’t let the search engine thing get to you—I’ve searched for threads by their exact names and checked the “Title Only” box and they still wouldn’t come up anywhere near the first page, both on here and Google. Search engine algorithms can do some very odd things. :shrug:

Errr, JennGalt, I don't think she said that, or anyone else for that matter. :)

JennGalt
October 6th, 2018, 03:21 PM
I guess you're right. I mean, I know you are. But still it feels sort of odd when people talk about having started their healthy hair journeys at pixie after having a revelation about how they mistreated their hair and all that. I don't have any such experience. I did have a "revelation" of some sort about proper hair care, but I was always able to have long and decent hair before that, too, as long as I didn't go crazy with chemical treatments. But somehow even the damaged hair became "decent" over time by just ignoring it. I don't know what magic was at play there. Or maybe I was just totally blind to everything. :D

Thank you so much. I also like fairytale ends, but I'm very self-critical, so what applies to others and in general, doesn't necesarily apply to me. :D What you're saying about microtrimming and growing simultaenously makes perfect sense and I agree, but I have a hard time working towards two seemingly contradicting goals at the same time. I know very well they're not contradicting - as you say, one is perfectly able to microtrim and grow at the same time. But for me it would feel demotivating to work for growth just to take some of it off. Even though that's not the case at all. You're still growing, you're just keeping your ends nice at the same time. It's just that I'm stupid and difficult like that, so I have settled with it being a form of discipline instead. I will focus on gaining length religiously, then I will focus on thickening my hemline and growing out damage equally religously. That I'm tolerating my imperfect ends is a part of that process and a challenge of patience, I guess. I've "fixed" it by coming up with this plan. :)

Also, thank you about the depression thing. Things certainly are better these days. Not perfect, but there has been significant improvement. :)

But you're right, we will reach our goals, regardless of any deadlines. It's still nice to work for something and see how close you get, if not quite there. :)

See the bolded portion. I was referring to this post. That wasn’t in response to anything you said, Lapushka. I don’t think I don’t know about difficult, as a lot of us have a stubborn streak (including me!), but I think Ylva was being too hard on herself in that post.

Edit: I probably should have put the search engine reference in its own separate paragraph. Hindsight is 20/20.

lapushka
October 6th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Oh OK! :) Sorry, read over that part. Nobody is stupid here! :) Also, I like to share how I search certain things, because I think it might be helpful when I do manage to find something that is hard to find.

JennGalt
October 6th, 2018, 03:49 PM
It is helpful! It really did help make my searches more fruitful and effective. But someone really ought to take a wide tooth comb and slippery conditioner to Google’s algorithms. They could use some untangling.

Ylva
October 6th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I’m still going to stay in this particular thread since it’s the one I originally joined, and also seems much more active. It’s possible to have the mods merge the two, but it doesn’t matter to me either way, and I suspect most of us here don’t really care either. This is my main hair goal right now (well, that and gradually trimming out the rest of my heat damage) since I doubt I can hit TBL by this Xmas, so I’ll be staying here rather stubbornly :D

Thank you, Jenn. It's just a bit hard to tolerate my own stubborn ideas sometimes when things could be a lot simpler. Also, I think you still have an excellent shot at classic by the end of 2019, so you can probably take it easy when it comes to growth, no need to stress in any particular manner in case you feel that way at all. :) And yeah, search engines are very moody sometimes!

Ylva
October 6th, 2018, 05:06 PM
I can happily announce that I might be able to call TBL in perhaps as little as one month's time, but it remains to be seen, still. I probably shouldn't jinx it. :D But at least I seem to be keeping up well with growth, and also retaining pretty much all of it, so it doesn't look like I am very close to my terminal length yet. :)

Dark40
October 6th, 2018, 05:22 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Krissycats
October 8th, 2018, 12:52 PM
I’m not sure that I’ll make it by then, but I’ll join and see how far I can get.

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 12:29 PM
I guess this thread is for me or I just overestimate my growth rate. I'm like about 2cm something from WL ( never measure , tho. I'm short so it might be possible. Who knows ? Let's see where it's gonna take meeeee

Hey! I'm also 2cm away from WL too! So, I also think it's possible for me to make to classic next xmas too! I'm also short as well.:)

Joules
October 9th, 2018, 12:52 PM
If I trim no more than 1.5cm this December and then don't trim at all for an entire year I would probably be able to barely stretch my hair to Classic by Christmes 2019. So this challenge is definitely doable for me.

The question is...can I abstain from scissors for so long? I mean, my ends won't be in good shape by the end of it. Not in good shape I mean hemline-wise. There will be three puny strands hanging down my butt. But they will be hanging at Classic length...

I guess I'll just hang around here...who knows...

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 07:38 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome! You know, I've just joined my own thread that I've created....LOL :D

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the challenge Joules! Well, as long as you don't trim off too much on the ends, and keep them well-conditioned and well-moisturized with oils or serums. That really helps me to prevent split ends or breakage.

JennGalt
October 9th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers :) Joules, krissycats... and Dark40, it sounds like you in particular are doubly committed to reaching CL by Xmas 2019, lol.

And Ylva, I agree—I think the worst of my heat damage is gone now, surprisingly. I thought I had more that needed to be trimmed out, and my ends are still pretty fairytale-y (layered deep U-shape), but with only a few cm gone my ends curled up as if they’d never been flatironed. I may not trim again for quite a while. Especially since the ensuing shrinkage is depressing; on wash days and humid days I look WL again :(

And I’m glad to hear you’re so close to TBL already! That’s awesome :cheer: I think you’ll hit CL well before Yule 2019!

Dark40
October 10th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers :) Joules, krissycats... and Dark40, it sounds like you in particular are doubly committed to reaching CL by Xmas 2019, lol.

And Ylva, I agree—I think the worst of my heat damage is gone now, surprisingly. I thought I had more that needed to be trimmed out, and my ends are still pretty fairytale-y (layered deep U-shape), but with only a few cm gone my ends curled up as if they’d never been flatironed. I may not trim again for quite a while. Especially since the ensuing shrinkage is depressing; on wash days and humid days I look WL again :(

And I’m glad to hear you’re so close to TBL already! That’s awesome :cheer: I think you’ll hit CL well before Yule 2019!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! Oh yes, I am doubly committed to reaching CL Xmas 2019! lol
You will too with those trims, and getting rid of damaged ends.

Ylva
October 11th, 2018, 09:05 AM

At least you know it's just shrinkage, and that the length is there. :)

Thank you, I hope so too! But lately I've been thinking about trimming a lot. My ends have been so grabby. I decided I would finish the second half of no-trimming 2018, but I may have a trim in the beginning of January. Not sure yet. I also considered to possibly start my microtrimming then, but I don't know. I wanted to reach classic first, but I think my results might be better if I do microtrim on the way. I don't know, this requires more thinking. :hmm:

Dark40
October 11th, 2018, 03:56 PM
I’m not sure that I’ll make it by then, but I’ll join and see how far I can get.

Welcome to the thread! :) How long is your hair now?

arwenevenstar37
October 16th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm at waist length at the moment and I am hoping I might make it to classic in a year :)

Dark40
October 16th, 2018, 04:33 PM

Welcome to the thread! :) I know it sounds scary. Because, I'm nowhere near HL or TBL I'm 2cm away from WL, and I feel that it's doable by next Christmas. Especially, without any trims. I'm on the, "No-Trimming Challenge," for next year. I've also dreamed of having classic length hair when I was little girl too! Don't worry, it's going to happen. :D

Dark40
October 16th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Hello arwenevenstar37! Welcome to the thread! I think with your hair length you should make it to classic length in a year. :) With my hair growth rate being at an inch per month I'm sure I will make it. :D

AmaryllisRed
October 16th, 2018, 05:14 PM
I've got about 9" between BCL, where I am now, and classic.
I figure with no trims that's about eighteen months? So... we'll see how it goes, but this may be an unrealistic goal for me. It *seems* like such a short distance, but the tape measure doesn't lie.

Dark40
October 23rd, 2018, 07:59 PM
Hello and welcome AmaryllisRed! :) Yes, I think without any trims within about eighteen months you will make it there. Yeah, I know the feeling. I far from BCL myself. I'm at WL but I'm figuring that without any trims I should be able to achieve this length.

AmaryllisRed
October 23rd, 2018, 09:19 PM
Wow, waist to classic in just over a year is a big goal! Good luck!

Dark40
October 24th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Yes, it is Thank you! Well, classic on me is about 7". My hair grows slow sometimes. Or hopefully, I will go through a growth spurt.

butterflybutton
October 24th, 2018, 10:20 PM
I'm needing about 7" of growth too Dark40, we can be growing buddies!

Dark40
October 25th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Awwwww, yes we can be growing buddies, butterflybutton! I think by Christmas of next year I will have reached my goal of classic length! :)

Milady_DeWinter
October 26th, 2018, 12:29 AM
I'm needing about 7, so I'll wait until "CL for Christmas 2020, as I'm sure I'll need 2 years to grow it, trims (bleach and layers need to be gone) included :) I think I'll be at TBL for sure by next Christmas. Good luck to verybody! :D

Dark40
October 26th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Well, 2020 for CL isn't too far off. Even with trims. I'm sure you'll make it there by then. I think even TBL is long. I wish that I was near there by now. Or, at HL. I'm on the, "No Trimming Challenge." I only do S&D's.

Dark40
October 26th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Wow, waist to classic in just over a year is a big goal! Good luck!

Yes, I know it's a big goal within a year! My hair grows pretty fast at times. So, I believe that I will make it there by next Christmas. My hair grows an inch per month! Especially, with me taking vitamins supplements.

AmaryllisRed
October 27th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I think I'm going to officially bow out of this thread. I have too far to go still. Classic is still the eventual goal, but I don't believe Christmas 2019 is feasible for me anymore.

Milady_DeWinter
October 27th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Well, 2020 for CL isn't too far off. Even with trims. I'm sure you'll make it there by then. I think even TBL is long. I wish that I was near there by now. Or, at HL. I'm on the, "No Trimming Challenge." I only do S&D's.

Thank you! I'm sure too: I grow exactly 1/2 inch each month, so 6" a year. I need 7,5" or so to be at CL, which for me is a bit less of 2 years of growth, discounting 2" because of trims each year. I'd love to be there sooner, but got to be realistic and also want my ends to be ok :) That also means that I'll be TBL by next xmas, yay!

lapushka
October 27th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Hello and welcome AmaryllisRed! :) Yes, I think without any trims within about eighteen months you will make it there. Yeah, I know the feeling. I far from BCL myself. I'm at WL but I'm figuring that without any trims I should be able to achieve this length.

Yes you would need a lot of growth to go from WL to classic in just one year. :flower:

Dark40
October 27th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Yes you would need a lot of growth to go from WL to classic in just one year. :flower:

Yes I know. :flower:

lapushka
October 27th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Yes I know. :flower:

Hope you get there. :) Good luck on your journey.

AmaryllisRed
October 27th, 2018, 04:16 PM
How long does it usually take to get from BCL to Classic? Do I just have a tall butt?

lapushka
October 27th, 2018, 04:22 PM
How long does it usually take to get from BCL to Classic? Do I just have a tall butt?

I went from hip (November 2016) to FTL in October 2018. I hit classic May, I think of this year? So for sure about half a year to a year.

Dark40
October 27th, 2018, 04:28 PM
Hope you get there. :) Good luck on your journey.

Thanks! :) I also hope I get there too.

AmaryllisRed
October 27th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Argh. This is why I don't measure.
If I measure on my body from where my hair ends right now to classic, it's 9 inches.
18 months.
Won't make it by Christmas 2019.
If I measure my hair, it's 37". Classic is 42". That's 5 inches to go.
10 months.
Well before Christmas 2019.

I give up.

Dark40
October 27th, 2018, 08:04 PM
I don't measure either. I just measure by where the ends of my hair stops on my body.
I don't even use a measuring tape of anything. Don't give up, AmaryllisRed. How much hair do you grow within a month's period??? Does it grow fast or slow? Mine grows slow at times too like it doesn't want to grow anymore. But then, it picks right back up to growing normal again. Or, I go through growth spurts.

AmaryllisRed
October 27th, 2018, 09:15 PM
People have always told me it grows fast. I haven't tracked growth officially because that would really make me nuts! Haha

butterflybutton
October 28th, 2018, 04:34 AM
Awwwww, yes we can be growing buddies, butterflybutton! I think by Christmas of next year I will have reached my goal of classic length! :)

Yes! Next years Christmas present

Dark40
October 28th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Yes! Next years Christmas present

Yes, I say the same. :cheer:

AmaryllisRed
October 28th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Current.
https://i.imgur.com/AyvzGiR.jpg

lapushka
October 28th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Current.
https://i.imgur.com/AyvzGiR.jpg

I think that should be do-able by Christmas 2019!!! :)

AmaryllisRed
October 28th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Thanks, lapushka! It certainly *looks* do-able, but we'll see :)

Dark40
October 28th, 2018, 05:49 PM
I also think it's do-able too, AmryllisRed! You are so close...:)

AmaryllisRed
October 28th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Thanks, Dark40. Some days I feel close and some days far away.

Dark40
October 28th, 2018, 08:29 PM
You're welcome, AmaryllisRed. Yeah, I know the feeling. But I can see that you're only 3-5 inches off. So, you don't have that much longer to go. I mean, on you I would say that your hair length now is BCL.

AmaryllisRed
November 17th, 2018, 03:40 PM
How's everyone coming along? I checked earlier and I'm about 1 1/2"-2" past BCL. I think I'm in the midst of a growth spurt.

Ylva
November 17th, 2018, 03:54 PM
I will post a length shot one of these days. After the latest wash, my hair is so poofy that there's no point taking one right now.

Dark40
November 17th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Well, I'm still stalling around WL. So, hopefully soon I will go on a growth spurt.

JennGalt
November 17th, 2018, 08:21 PM
I will post a length shot one of these days. After the latest wash, my hair is so poofy that there's no point taking one right now.

Welcome to my life, lol. I have this problem most days.

Well, I'm still stalling around WL. So, hopefully soon I will go on a growth spurt.

Aww :sad: Sorry to hear that. I hope it’s just shrinkage and that you notice a bunch of growth soon!

Dark40
November 17th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Welcome to my life, lol. I have this problem most days.

Aww :sad: Sorry to hear that. I hope it’s just shrinkage and that you notice a bunch of growth soon!

Yeh, it seems like since my last dusting or trim which was 6 months ago back in June my hair has be staying or stalling at WL. :sad:
I also hope that it's just shrinkage and I start to notice a bunch of growth soon too!

ravenskey
November 19th, 2018, 10:45 AM
I am officially joining this thread now because if my hair continues its crazy growth (and it's been growing like this since February with the exception of September so I doubt it's a spurt now) I will definitely reach Classic by Christmas 2019.

AmaryllisRed
November 19th, 2018, 11:27 AM
I am officially joining this thread now because if my hair continues its crazy growth (and it's been growing like this since February with the exception of September so I doubt it's a spurt now) I will definitely reach Classic by Christmas 2019.

Welcome to the thread!
And also to the fast-growing club. I've apparently grown 7" in nine months! At this rate, I should hit classic by next summer.

Pacific
November 19th, 2018, 11:39 AM
I'm also joining. I won't trim and without growth stall it should be possible to be at classic at the end of next year.

Dark40
November 19th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the thread ravenskey and Pacific! I'm really looking forward to fast hair growing with you guys and reaching Classic Length at the end of next yea! :)

Ylva
November 20th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Honestly I feel like scrapping this goal for myself. I lost a lot of thickness from my ends the past two months (mostly due to prolonged stress which caused a multitude of health problems for me, fall shed is not impossible either). When my hair is braided, the end bit is about half the thickness it was before. :( Should I just microtrim and stay somewhere in this area or go for a bigger cut? Like 5-10 cm (approx. 2-4 inches)? My hair grows about 1.25 cm a month.

AmaryllisRed
November 20th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Honestly I feel like scrapping this goal for myself. I lost a lot of thickness from my ends the past two months (mostly due to prolonged stress which caused a multitude of health problems for me, fall shed is not impossible either). When my hair is braided, the end bit is about half the thickness it was before. :( Should I just microtrim and stay somewhere in this area or go for a bigger cut? Like 5-10 cm (approx. 2-4 inches)? My hair grows about 1.25 cm a month.

I think I'd microtrim and stick with the goal, personally.
Is the stress something that's over now or is it continual? I suppose if it's over now, I'd keep growing, excited at the idea that your hair would be in better shape now. And if the stress is continual... I'd probably still keep growing, thinking a bigger cut won't fix anything.
Maybe I'm not the best person to answer this. I'm always in favor of letting it grow!

Ylva
November 20th, 2018, 08:30 PM
I think I'd microtrim and stick with the goal, personally.
Is the stress something that's over now or is it continual? I suppose if it's over now, I'd keep growing, excited at the idea that your hair would be in better shape now. And if the stress is continual... I'd probably still keep growing, thinking a bigger cut won't fix anything.
Maybe I'm not the best person to answer this. I'm always in favor of letting it grow!

The stress has been going on since early-mid August. Today I have an exam, which is one thing I've been stressing about. Then that one will be gone. My dog got really sick a few weeks ago, that caused a big spike of stress at that time, but she is better now. So I'd like to think it's better, or will be better shortly. Not entirely gone though, there will still be things I'll stress about. Just not so many simultaenously.

I know that a bigger cut wouldn't exactly fix anything. It's just so depressing to look at the thinned out braid end. I can clearly see it's a lot thinner than it was just a couple of months ago.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that I have previous damage in my ends. I fully intend on getting rid of them, I just don't know how or at what point. Either way, I will start microtrimming when the year changes.

Dark40
November 21st, 2018, 07:44 PM
The stress has been going on since early-mid August. Today I have an exam, which is one thing I've been stressing about. Then that one will be gone. My dog got really sick a few weeks ago, that caused a big spike of stress at that time, but she is better now. So I'd like to think it's better, or will be better shortly. Not entirely gone though, there will still be things I'll stress about. Just not so many simultaenously.

I know that a bigger cut wouldn't exactly fix anything. It's just so depressing to look at the thinned out braid end. I can clearly see it's a lot thinner than it was just a couple of months ago.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that I have previous damage in my ends. I fully intend on getting rid of them, I just don't know how or at what point. Either way, I will start microtrimming when the year changes.

Awwwww, I'm so sorry that you're dealing with a lot of stress right now. That isn't good for the hair either. Also, sorry about your dog too. i hope she feels better soon! Yeah, i know the feelings of seeing those damaged thin ends. What I would do is baby them a lot, and yes do get rid of the damaged ends, and what you can do is the microtrimming when the year changes or dustings.

TashaW78
November 25th, 2018, 08:43 PM
I'm MBL right now, so I think if I keep up my haircare and restrain on the trims I can get to classic or almost classic

Ylva
November 25th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Awwwww, I'm so sorry that you're dealing with a lot of stress right now. That isn't good for the hair either. Also, sorry about your dog too. i hope she feels better soon! Yeah, i know the feelings of seeing those damaged thin ends. What I would do is baby them a lot, and yes do get rid of the damaged ends, and what you can do is the microtrimming when the year changes or dustings.

Thank you. Yeah, my dog is a lot better now, she made a full recovery. :)

But since I am going to do a big cut after New Year, it seems unlikely that I can reach classic by Yule 2019 considering that I'll be microtrimming my way there. I'm still undecided on my microtrimming schedule and size, but I just don't think I'll make it. But I won't give it a complete no until I see where I land after my cut. It just seems unlikely for now.

Dark40
November 26th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Thank you. Yeah, my dog is a lot better now, she made a full recovery. :)

But since I am going to do a big cut after New Year, it seems unlikely that I can reach classic by Yule 2019 considering that I'll be microtrimming my way there. I'm still undecided on my microtrimming schedule and size, but I just don't think I'll make it. But I won't give it a complete no until I see where I land after my cut. It just seems unlikely for now.

You're welcome! :) Oh, I'm so glad to hear that.

Awwww, that's so sad that since the cut after New Year you won't be able to make it to classic by Yule 2019. :( Yeah, it would be good that you microtrim your way there. Youj're still undecided on your microtrimming schedule and size? Ok, well think about it you got time. No, don't give it a complete no until you see where you land after your cut. Awwww, I really feel you on not being able to make it there next year. Between now and next year I'm going to be doing a lot dustings just to keep a neat hemline, and because my hair grows my better and faster that way. There won't be any trimming just dustings. Because, I'm on the, "No-Trimming Challenge." With dustings you only take off 1cm.

maybeinaforest
November 26th, 2018, 09:24 PM
This might be doable for me, I'm at the start of tailbone. I guess I'll see!

AmaryllisRed
November 26th, 2018, 09:47 PM
If my goal is to make my hemline thicker and straight across, is it better to trim a little at a time over the next year or wait until the bulk of my hair is past classic and then trim it all up to classic just once?
I definitely want a thick, straight hemline at classic length... as it is right now, the racers will get there months before everyone else. If I trim little by little, it will be more hair getting there at once but it will take longer to get there.

Ylva
November 27th, 2018, 04:57 AM
You're welcome! :) Oh, I'm so glad to hear that.

Awwww, that's so sad that since the cut after New Year you won't be able to make it to classic by Yule 2019. :( Yeah, it would be good that you microtrim your way there. Youj're still undecided on your microtrimming schedule and size? Ok, well think about it you got time. No, don't give it a complete no until you see where you land after your cut. Awwww, I really feel you on not being able to make it there next year. Between now and next year I'm going to be doing a lot dustings just to keep a neat hemline, and because my hair grows my better and faster that way. There won't be any trimming just dustings. Because, I'm on the, "No-Trimming Challenge." With dustings you only take off 1cm.

1 cm is a pretty big trim, that's most people's monthly growth! When I think of dustings, I think of something like 1 or 2 mm. But if I'm not mistaken, not even those are allowed in the no-trimming challenges, just S&D. :)

If my goal is to make my hemline thicker and straight across, is it better to trim a little at a time over the next year or wait until the bulk of my hair is past classic and then trim it all up to classic just once?
I definitely want a thick, straight hemline at classic length... as it is right now, the racers will get there months before everyone else. If I trim little by little, it will be more hair getting there at once but it will take longer to get there.

I know that in my case at least it's better to trim a little but more often, since it "refreshes" the ends and makes them tangle less, thus preventing any possible breakage that could result from that and hinder the hemline from getting thicker.

AmaryllisRed
November 27th, 2018, 07:56 AM
1 cm is a pretty big trim, that's most people's monthly growth! When I think of dustings, I think of something like 1 or 2 mm. But if I'm not mistaken, not even those are allowed in the no-trimming challenges, just S&D. :)

I know that in my case at least it's better to trim a little but more often, since it "refreshes" the ends and makes them tangle less, thus preventing any possible breakage that could result from that and hinder the hemline from getting thicker.

That's a good point. I'll have to think about it. I haven't done any cutting except S&D in almost two years so I'm extremely reluctant to let scissors touch my hair. BUT I really want that blunt hemline and I don't know any other way to get it but with scissors!

MoonRabbit
November 27th, 2018, 11:09 AM

I've been maintaining at tbl for 5 months to thicken up my hemline and get a blunt straight across hem. I trim off half an inch at the end of each month. It definitely works, it's just boring as hell. I think next time I need to do this I will just grow it and then trim off. The only reason why I say this is because I am also trying to cut away splits and even with consistent trims and $300 shears I still have tons of splits each month. I think a one time 3 inch chop would be better for my hair in the long run.

AmaryllisRed
November 27th, 2018, 01:07 PM
I've been maintaining at tbl for 5 months to thicken up my hemline and get a blunt straight across hem. I trim off half an inch at the end of each month. It definitely works, it's just boring as hell. I think next time I need to do this I will just grow it and then trim off. The only reason why I say this is because I am also trying to cut away splits and even with consistent trims and $300 shears I still have tons of splits each month. I think a one time 3 inch chop would be better for my hair in the long run.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I don't think I could trim every month. Maybe every 2-3 months.

Joules
November 28th, 2018, 06:04 AM

Besides, trimming off 3 inches would be sooooo satisfying...:scissors:

That's exactly why I'd still trim every 3-6 months even when I decide to maintain, just to have the pleasure of cutting off a lot and seeing instant improvement.

MoonRabbit
November 29th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Besides, trimming off 3 inches would be sooooo satisfying...:scissors:

That's exactly why I'd still trim every 3-6 months even when I decide to maintain, just to have the pleasure of cutting off a lot and seeing instant improvement.

Indeed. There is no gratification in trimming monthly for me. I want instant results rather than this one step forward two steps back game I have been playing for half a year.

draysmir
November 29th, 2018, 07:39 AM

I think it depends on how quickly your hair gets damaged. If you are doing S+D regularly then you likely won't have a lot of splits that are breaking off, but you are also voluntarily thinning out your ends more than they would naturally taper. If you continue to S+D then do a moderate trim/chop at classic that would allow you to achieve a thick hemline.

Personally, I am also looking for a decent hemline around classic and I am opting for microtrimming. S+D really thins out my ends too much, and I figure most of my smaller splits will get trimmed off before they get too bad. I like trimming every three months (1/2" or 1/4") because it thickens them up without loosing too much length, and my ends usually show a bit more wear at that point. My ends can fairytale easily (has fairytaled at MBL before), but my ends are pretty thick still at TBL because of microtrimming. On the other hand, I was maintaining for a few months and while my ends have gotten noticeably thicker, my attempts at levelling out my hemline hasn't really worked since my sides are too damaged to maintain as much length as the rest of my ends can. If I just chopped 2-3 inches at once I would have achieved a straight hemline. If you have some parts of your ends that are more damaged or noticeably shorter lengths, a bigger trim might solve the problem well, but your ends don't look bad to me. :)

Indeed. There is no gratification in trimming monthly for me. I want instant results rather than this one step forward two steps back game I have been playing for half a year.

I feel like this has been me as well. While one side of my hemline is roughly level with the rest of my ends, the other side has always been more damaged and tapered more so it is about 1-2 inches shorter than my ends still. I think having one side uneven with your ends looks more goofy than having both sides of your hemline be shorter. lol oh well

On another note, it seems I am still on track for classic by Christmas 2019. :) I am TBL, and probably about 3-4 inches away from classic currently. I should make it by then even with my trims.

AmaryllisRed
November 29th, 2018, 07:55 AM
Thanks to everyone who has shared their experience and advice.
I think my uneven hemline is more due to the layers I had cut in two years ago and some hairs just growing faster than others, rather than damage.
I try to take pretty good care of my hair and while I do S&D occasionally, I don't seem to have a lot of trouble with split ends.
Maybe in that case, I could just wait until the shortest layer gets to classic and then trim. The shortest layers are only at hip now so it will take them a bit longer to get there but it would be so much more satisfying I think to see ALL the hair at classic then.

gingerninja
November 29th, 2018, 03:44 PM
I'm joining as my hair just reached bcl and i've got about 6 inches until classic. Plus my hairs been on a growth spurt of late so i should make it by Christmas 2019 even with trimming.

Dark40
November 29th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Welcome gingerninja! :) Congratulations on reaching BCL! On me, since I'm so short at 5'3" from BCL to Classic is 4". How fast does your hair grow per month? Do you have any photos of your current length now?

gingerninja
November 30th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Dark40 thanks, I'm 5ft 10 so bcl is 37inches and classic is 43. Since taking a small amount of biotin each day and eating more protein my hair grows between 0.75 and 1 inch per month instead of the usual 1/2 inch. I've got some pictures but can't figure out how to upload.��

Dark40
November 30th, 2018, 07:25 PM
gingerninja you're welcome, Ok that's cool. bcl on me is 22inches and classic is 25. Oh, ok cool. You're taking a small amount of biotin? Yeah, I have heard a lot of great things about biotin. I take hair, skin, and nails vitamins that is high in biotin and I also eat a lot of protein as well. My hair grows 1 inch per month too instead of 1/2 inch. You've got some pictures but can't figure out how to upload them? Awwwww, that is so sad. :( :( I will try to find out on here on how to upload photos on here for you. I see a lot of others on here upload them!

MoonRabbit
December 1st, 2018, 10:33 AM
Dark40 thanks, I'm 5ft 10 so bcl is 37inches and classic is 43. Since taking a small amount of biotin each day and eating more protein my hair grows between 0.75 and 1 inch per month instead of the usual 1/2 inch. I've got some pictures but can't figure out how to upload.��

I find https://postimages.org/ to be the most simple in sharing photos. All you have to do is chose the photo you want, change the sizing to 'For Message Boards' option and upload your photo. Then you click on your picture and you will see a 'Share' button on the top left. Click that and look for the link that says "Hotlink for Forum" . Then just copy and paste that link in the LHC reply box.

You can also use Imgur. By creating an account, setting it to private. Upload your photo and then use the BBCode to copy and paste on here.

Hope that helps.

gingerninja
December 1st, 2018, 12:50 PM
Many thanks I will try to post a picture later today. ��

gingerninja
December 1st, 2018, 12:59 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/5NKzdY94/DSC-0049.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

draysmir
December 1st, 2018, 02:59 PM
Your waves look very lovely gingerninja! It looks like you will probably be able to reach classic by next x-mas :)

Dark40
December 1st, 2018, 07:15 PM
gingerninja, your waves are gorgeous! I think you will be able to make it to classic next christmas too! :)

gingerninja
December 1st, 2018, 07:20 PM
Thanks draysmir �� for your lovely comment, classic seems very near now which is so exciting.

gingerninja
December 2nd, 2018, 04:33 AM
Thanks Dark40 and i finally know how to post pictures ��.

Dark40
December 2nd, 2018, 07:30 PM
You're gingerninja Oh ok cool. Maybe you can teach me on how to post pictures. :)

lapushka
December 3rd, 2018, 07:47 AM
Gorgeous hair, gingerninja!

lapushka
December 3rd, 2018, 07:48 AM
You're gingerninja Oh ok cool. Maybe you can teach me on how to post pictures. :)

I thought you once did post some, or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else - been known to do that. ;)

Dark40
December 3rd, 2018, 07:13 PM
I thought you once did post some, or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else - been known to do that. ;)

No, I've never posted any on here. Yes, you are confusing yourself with someone else. I bet you are known to do that. ;)

Ylva
December 3rd, 2018, 07:14 PM
No, I've never posted any on here. Yes, you are confusing yourself with someone else. I bet you are known to do that. ;)

Confusing oneself with someone else!! ;) Now that is something, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to me.

Wonderfully off topic!

AmaryllisRed
December 3rd, 2018, 07:39 PM
My cousin and I look quite a bit alike (our moms are identical twins) and both of us have at times seen a picture of the other and thought it was ourselves.
Although I guess that would be confusing someone else with myself rather than the other way around. :)
To keep this on topic, my cousin ALSO has long hair. She is the one who taught me you're never too old for pigtails. :)

Dark40
December 4th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Confusing oneself with someone else!! ;) Now that is something, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to me.

Wonderfully off topic!

Yes, I know that is something, isn't it? :D I would also be surprised if that happened to me too.

Yes, is wonderfully off topic!

Dark40
December 4th, 2018, 04:29 PM
My cousin and I look quite a bit alike (our moms are identical twins) and both of us have at times seen a picture of the other and thought it was ourselves.
Although I guess that would be confusing someone else with myself rather than the other way around. :)
To keep this on topic, my cousin ALSO has long hair. She is the one who taught me you're never too old for pigtails. :)

Wow, I agree that it would be confusing someone else with myself rather than the other way around. :)
To keep this on topic, how long is your cousin's hair? I bet she did teach you you're never too old for pigtails. :)
I'm 47 and I still wear 2 pigtails all of the time. Especially, for sleepwear.

enting
December 4th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Pigtails are awesome no matter the age.

I had joined the CL by Christmas 2018 thread, but I seem to be stalled at TBL. Here's to trying again by next year! I suspect I will need to unlearn some more bad habits to gain any more length from this point, that's what happened the last time I couldn't seem to gain length.

Dark40
December 4th, 2018, 09:38 PM
enting, Yes, I totally agree with you on that note.

Ok, I'm so sorry that the stall has happened to you at TBL. Yes, you can try it again by next year! Yes, it's always good to unlearn bad habits to gain any more length front that point. It seems like I've been stalling at WL too!!! I've been at between MBL and WL since September. I had trim 1cm back because of some dry and rough ends but my hair is behaving much better now. It seems like it's going on a growth spurt now!

spirals
December 13th, 2018, 02:47 PM
I just measured and it will take me until at least August to hit tailbone so I know I will not be at Classic by Christmas. I think I'll bow out.

Dark40
December 13th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Awwww, what a shame. Well, at least you'll be at Tailbone Length by August. I consider that to be very long. But at least you'll be close.:o

AmaryllisRed
December 15th, 2018, 08:56 AM
I have called tailbone and I have about 4" to go until classic!

Dark40
December 17th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Congratulations AmaryllisRed! Congratulations on your new milestone! :) I bet you are excited to have reached tailbone and you've got 4" to go until classic! I'm so happy for you! :D

butterflybutton
December 30th, 2018, 02:31 AM
One year to get to classic length we can make it!

enting
December 30th, 2018, 03:48 AM
I sure hope I do make it by next year, or something is seriously wrong with my hair. I'm about an inch shy right now.

kikuhoshi
December 30th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Hit tailbone earlier this month, am currently just a tad bit below (1/2in-ish?), so I'm going to attempt this, since I have about 3 1/2 inches to go. :)

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 12:30 PM
Hit tailbone earlier this month, am currently just a tad bit below (1/2in-ish?), so I'm going to attempt this, since I have about 3 1/2 inches to go. :)

Congratulations on hitting tailbone earlier in December! :) I know that I've got a long way to go but I feel that I can hit classic length by Christmas of this year as being at WL. :)

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 02:08 PM
This is where I'm at right now after my recent trim, so I'm officially out of this thread and will delay my classic goal by another year for the sake of hair health, but good luck to you guys! :)

https://i.ibb.co/GCZ9NsK/hiukset020119.jpg

kikuhoshi
January 2nd, 2019, 02:11 PM
Thanks, Dark40! I had a weird 2-year stall between waist & tailbone, so finally seeing tailbone was a huge relief. :) I bet you'll be able to make it, too.

AmaryllisRed
January 2nd, 2019, 02:41 PM
It looks really good, Ylva!

Here's my length shot from last night to kick off 2019!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34897&d=1546410234

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 02:44 PM
It looks really good, Ylva!

Here's my length shot from last night to kick off 2019!

Thank you! I've learned to style my hair so that it looks pretty good and even condition overall, but I assure you, my ends are not in very good condition. :)

Beautiful hair!

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 04:33 PM
Thanks, Dark40! I had a weird 2-year stall between waist & tailbone, so finally seeing tailbone was a huge relief. :) I bet you'll be able to make it, too.

You're welcome, kikuhoshi! Yeah, same here! 2 or 3 years ago I had a weird stall between bsl & wl too! I'm glad I finally hit wl though. :) Yes, I agree with you on that note that I will be able to make it there, too. Awwwww, thank you very much for your confidence. :)

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 04:36 PM
This is where I'm at right now after my recent trim, so I'm officially out of this thread and will delay my classic goal by another year for the sake of hair health, but good luck to you guys! :)

https://i.ibb.co/GCZ9NsK/hiukset020119.jpg

Awwwww, I'm so sorry to hear that you won't be able to stay with us in this thread because of the delay of your classic goal by another year for the sake of hair health. Thank you! :) Don't worry hun' you will get there by next year. I'm really hoping that I make it there by the end of this year. Because, my hair keeps on staying or stalling at WL. :( But your hair looks good though!

Taliesin
January 2nd, 2019, 05:00 PM
Oh, I'm definitely in! I've only got a couple of inches to go (for sure 2", mayyyyyyybe 3 needed?) but this year I'm also trimming a bit more often to try to keep a thick, blunt, straight hemline so it may take a bit longer than normal. But by Christmas 2019? Should be for sure! I'm hoping to get an updated length shot on here soon as well.

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 05:00 PM
Awwwww, I'm so sorry to hear that you won't be able to stay with us in this thread because of the delay of your classic goal by another year for the sake of hair health. Thank you! :) Don't worry hun' you will get there by next year. I'm really hoping that I make it there by the end of this year. Because, my hair keeps on staying or stalling at WL. :( But your hair looks good though!

It's alright. I thought long and hard about the chop and I am happy about the result. My hair feels a lot better now and I feel a lot better about my hair. :) Thank you, and good luck with your growth journey, I'm sure you will get past the waist stall. :)

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 05:11 PM
It's alright. I thought long and hard about the chop and I am happy about the result. My hair feels a lot better now and I feel a lot better about my hair. :) Thank you, and good luck with your growth journey, I'm sure you will get past the waist stall. :)

Ok, I bet you did think long and hard about the chop and you are happy with the result. It is better to get rid of those damaged ends. Because, it does make your hair look and feel a whole lot better. :) You're welcome, and thank you for the good luck on my growth journey. Yes, I have a good feeling that I will get past the waist stall. :)

That's if I don't get scissor-happy. Because, I really believe that when I was at waist length during last summer in June that's when I trimmed off almost an inch, and I regreted afterwards. Because, I felt that I really didn't need to. So, this year is going to be less trims and more growing. The only time I will trim or do a dusting is whenever it needs it.

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the thread, Taliesin! :) Yes, you are so blessed to be that close. I'm not even close to even hip length, BCL, or TBL yet but I still feel that I can make it to classic length by the end of this year without too many trims. I'll be doing mostly dustings instead of trimming, and that means I'll only be taking off 1cm whenever it is needed, and that's not too often. Thank Goodness.. :D I also always like a thick hemline too. That's why I'll be do dustings instead of trimming.

Gwyned
January 4th, 2019, 08:38 PM
I'm 7-8 inches away from classic. I think I can make it by Christmas. I also just joined a no-trimming challenge. My growth rate is about an inch per month as long as I don't have growth stalls or anything cray. So I think this is doable.

Dark40
January 5th, 2019, 11:40 AM
Hi and welcome to the thread, Gwyned! I'm also about 7-8 inches away from classic too. How long is your hair now? Mine is 2 inches below WL.

AmaryllisRed
January 5th, 2019, 01:51 PM
I'm going to challenge myself not to measure or take length shots until June.
We'll see how close I am then. :)

Cate36
January 5th, 2019, 02:07 PM

Well done.. your hair is totally gorgeous, and looks much healthier and thicker. By next year you'll be well on track for classic.. ! Xo Much love

Ylva
January 5th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Well done.. your hair is totally gorgeous, and looks much healthier and thicker. By next year you'll be well on track for classic.. ! Xo Much love

Thank you so much, Cate :heartbeat

Gwyned
January 5th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Hi and welcome to the thread, Gwyned! I'm also about 7-8 inches away from classic too. How long is your hair now? Mine is 2 inches below WL.

I am a little bit past TBL. Let's do this together! <3

Dark40
January 5th, 2019, 05:11 PM
I am a little bit past TBL. Let's do this together! <3

Wow, that's great! I wish that I was at TBL right now but I know that I'll get there someday soon. Yes, let's do this together! <3

MoonRabbit
February 1st, 2019, 12:55 PM
Classic is already beginning to feel so close. I can't wait 😆

AmaryllisRed
February 1st, 2019, 06:14 PM
Yep! I'm getting close, too. Just a few inches! It's very exciting. My hair is the longest it's ever been and that's super fun.

Dark40
February 1st, 2019, 07:34 PM
MoonRabbit and AmaryllisRed, congratulations on getting close to Classic Length! I bet it is exciting and super fun. I bet it will super fun for as well since I've never had classic length hair before too. I also bet you can't wait. I can't wait either. It seems like it's taking forever.

AmaryllisRed
February 2nd, 2019, 08:12 PM
I'm not at classic but I love how this pic makes it look like I am. :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35336&d=1549163366

Dark40
February 2nd, 2019, 08:22 PM
Yes, it does makes your hair look like it's at classic. I bet you do love that. :)

Ylva
February 3rd, 2019, 06:00 AM
Your hair is so beautiful, AmaryllisRed! :) I hope mine looks similar when I reach the same lengths.

AmaryllisRed
February 3rd, 2019, 02:00 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, AmaryllisRed! :) I hope mine looks similar when I reach the same lengths.

Thank you! Of course it will! You have gorgeous hair!

LadyArwen
March 2nd, 2019, 08:27 PM
I am joining but I may be too late...

What is your goal? classic for now (a full classic with thickness)

What is your growth rate? .5 inches a month seems consistent

gingerninja
March 3rd, 2019, 11:31 AM
I just reached classic length stretched so even with my yearly trim coming up I should make it. ��

AmaryllisRed
March 3rd, 2019, 01:26 PM
Welcome, LadyArwen!
And congrats, gingerninja!

I almost forgot about this thread, since I'm in FTL by NYE, too. I am still estimating classic length by summer for sure, though my longest hairs should be there by April I think. I'm wearing my hair up all the time and seeing lots of growth.

lapushka
March 3rd, 2019, 01:44 PM
I just reached classic length stretched so even with my yearly trim coming up I should make it. ��

Congratulations! :cheer:

Dark40
March 3rd, 2019, 02:00 PM
gingerninja, congratulations on your new milestone! :cheer:

gingerninja
March 4th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone, it's so exciting.��

frostedeyes
March 6th, 2019, 06:47 PM
I’m hoping to reach classic length soon! (Don’t know my growth rate, sorry.) until then,going to use tons of oil treatments and lay off the heat.

Dark40
March 6th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Hi and welcome frostedeyes! :) Don't worry. You will reach classic length soon! Yes, the best thing to do is oil treatments and lay off the heat.

AmaryllisRed
March 6th, 2019, 07:23 PM
I’m hoping to reach classic length soon! (Don’t know my growth rate, sorry.) until then,going to use tons of oil treatments and lay off the heat.

Welcome! How long is your hair now?

I don't know my growth rate, either. I used to measure regularly but I would get different measurements all the time and it made me bonkers so I don't measure anymore.

AmaryllisRed
March 13th, 2019, 08:24 PM
I'm almost there, stretched.
I've been wearing my hair up every day since the start of February and call me crazy but I see so much growth when I do that.
I'm planning to continue wearing it up all the time for the rest of March at least.
I think I'll definitely be able to call classic by the end of April.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35965&d=1552530081

MoonRabbit
March 14th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Can't believe how fast 2019 has taken off. Hopefully my hair can keep up.

lapushka
March 14th, 2019, 04:29 PM
I'm almost there, stretched.
I've been wearing my hair up every day since the start of February and call me crazy but I see so much growth when I do that.
I'm planning to continue wearing it up all the time for the rest of March at least.
I think I'll definitely be able to call classic by the end of April.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35965&d=1552530081

I think you can call it, you are clearly there stretched!

AmaryllisRed
March 14th, 2019, 04:48 PM
I think you can call it, you are clearly there stretched!

I still feel so far away!

Dark40
March 15th, 2019, 04:42 PM
I still feel so far away!

I would agree with lapushka. You can call it since you are so close to it being stretched.

MoonRabbit
March 21st, 2019, 02:46 PM
Cross posting an update.
https://i.postimg.cc/TwXMknWw/PSX-20190321-161821.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Dark40
March 21st, 2019, 03:27 PM
<MoonRabbit, Wow! Congratulations on your new milestone! Your hair is so gprgeous with lots of shine! I see that you are making good progress towards classic length too! :) I just love those waves! and that hemline! I think you will make it to classic before Christmas of this year! :D

MoonRabbit
March 21st, 2019, 07:48 PM
<MoonRabbit, Wow! Congratulations on your new milestone! Your hair is so gprgeous with lots of shine! I see that you are making good progress towards classic length too! :) I just love those waves! and that hemline! I think you will make it to classic before Christmas of this year! :D

Thank you. I think I need a solid 2 inches until classic, so I should make it well before Christmas.

FennFire911
March 21st, 2019, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure I'm going to make it this year. It was a stretch anyway, but growth is slower than I had anticipated. At New Year's I was 36.5" with a few racers at 37". Today as of the equinox my ends are at 37" with only like 2 racers negligibly past that. Only 0.5" in about 11-12 weeks? DH says significantly more hairs are at 37" compared to New Year's.
Maybe this is a normal stall because of winter? It's just so odd. When I feel my hair brushing against my body, it FEELS like it is longer.
I'm a little concerned, but I'm not going to officially worry until my next measurement at solstice if it happens to be as dismal. But maybe spring will bring an increase of growth. I'll need to get to 42" to have Classic. At this rate that won't happen by Christmas/Solstice this year.
Fingers crossed!

Congrats to everybody else on reaching new milestones! I've just officially graduated to TBL despite my apparent slow-down. Looks like everybody is doing great and plenty of accomplishments are happening all around! :D

AmaryllisRed
March 21st, 2019, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure I'm going to make it this year. It was a stretch anyway, but growth is slower than I had anticipated. At New Year's I was 36.5" with a few racers at 37". Today as of the equinox my ends are at 37" with only like 2 racers negligibly past that. Only 0.5" in about 11-12 weeks? DH says significantly more hairs are at 37" compared to New Year's.
Maybe this is a normal stall because of winter? It's just so odd. When I feel my hair brushing against my body, it FEELS like it is longer.
I'm a little concerned, but I'm not going to officially worry until my next measurement at solstice if it happens to be as dismal. But maybe spring will bring an increase of growth. I'll need to get to 42" to have Classic. At this rate that won't happen by Christmas/Solstice this year.
Fingers crossed!

Congrats to everybody else on reaching new milestones! I've just officially graduated to TBL despite my apparent slow-down. Looks like everybody is doing great and plenty of accomplishments are happening all around! :D

Maybe it's just a temporary slowdown and you'll get a springtime boost!
I hate when my hair feels longer but the measuring tape says otherwise. I mean, I love that it feels longer, but I hate being let down by the actual measurements.

Dark40
March 21st, 2019, 08:53 PM
Thank you. I think I need a solid 2 inches until classic, so I should make it well before Christmas.

You're welcome. Yes, I agree. You do need 2 more solid inches until classic, and yes you will make it well before Christmas.

Dark40
March 21st, 2019, 08:55 PM

You're welcome. Yes, I agree. You do need 2 more solid inches until classic, and yes you will make it well before Christmas.

Dark40
March 21st, 2019, 08:56 PM
Oops. Sorry for the double post.

FennFire911
March 22nd, 2019, 08:33 AM
Maybe it's just a temporary slowdown and you'll get a springtime boost!
I hate when my hair feels longer but the measuring tape says otherwise. I mean, I love that it feels longer, but I hate being let down by the actual measurements.

I agree. I'm mostly sure it was slow because of winter. Still a bit disappointed but I'll be looking forward to solstice. I'm sure I'll see better progress by then.

butterflybutton
March 25th, 2019, 12:56 AM
I was feeling like I my hair was stalled, but really it hasn't been that far into the year yet. Still nine months of growth left! That's at least 4" of growth still to come

AmaryllisRed
March 25th, 2019, 08:52 AM
I was feeling like I my hair was stalled, but really it hasn't been that far into the year yet. Still nine months of growth left! That's at least 4" of growth still to come

That's true!
I might get as many as 6" in 9 months... I should be solidly classic by then.
This is so exciting. I've never had hair this long and a few years ago I never would have imagined my hair this long!

Dark40
March 25th, 2019, 11:50 AM
That's true!
I might get as many as 6" in 9 months... I should be solidly classic by then.
This is so exciting. I've never had hair this long and a few years ago I never would have imagined my hair this long!

Really???
I can't believe this is the longest your hair has ever been!I didn't think that my hair would grow to 2" below MBL either but it did! And, I'm so excited! I know that I've got some growth to go through before I even reach TBL, and espeially classic length! But I know that in time I will make it there someday soon!

Dark40
March 25th, 2019, 11:54 AM

Yeah, I know the feeling about those stalls. I went through a big stall at the end of last year around June. All of a sudden my hair just stopped growing! But come September the growth starting picking back up again! Ever since then I've been going through a growth spurt! And, I'm very excited about it! :D

bparnell75
March 25th, 2019, 12:00 PM
I have 2 inches to go to classic. and should be there by Christmas. Just to sAY i DID. Then I think I will cut back to tailbone which seems to be a good length for me to handle.

AmaryllisRed
March 25th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Really???
I can't believe this is the longest your hair has ever been!I didn't think that my hair would grow to 2" below MBL either but it did! And, I'm so excited! I know that I've got some growth to go through before I even reach TBL, and espeially classic length! But I know that in time I will make it there someday soon!

Should be really soon, right? You grow 1 to 1.5" per month, right?

lapushka
March 25th, 2019, 04:30 PM

Yes, I can't wait to see classic length pictures from you Dark! Should be awesome. :)

Dark40
March 25th, 2019, 08:35 PM

Right. Yes, my hair grows 1.5" per month. How fast does yours grow?

Dark40
March 25th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Welll, I hate to say it that I don't think I'll be able to make it to classic length by Christmas of this year. :( Because of a big stall last year but hopefully sometime next year I will reach it. Yes lapushka, that would've been awesome to see as my hair has never been that length before! I mean, it hasn't ever been WL before until September of last year. It stalled at MBL for 5 months. Then, it started growing fast again. Now, I'm going through a growth spurt! :) So, hopefully I'll reach classic length next year. Who knows, between June and November of last year my hair might have went through either a stall or a resting phase.

hennalonghair
March 25th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Cross posting an update.
https://i.postimg.cc/TwXMknWw/PSX-20190321-161821.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Gorgeous hair. Well maintained. Beautiful texture & hemline.

Ylva
March 25th, 2019, 08:52 PM

Just a while ago I saw you write that your hair grows both 0.5" and 1" a month, so I'm really confused about your growth rate. :confused:

AmaryllisRed
March 25th, 2019, 09:15 PM

Welll, I hate to say it that I don't think I'll be able to make it to classic length by Christmas of this year. :( Because of a big stall last year but hopefully sometime next year I will reach it. Yes lapushka, that would've been awesome to see as my hair has never been that length before! I mean, it hasn't ever been WL before until September of last year. It stalled at MBL for 5 months. Then, it started growing fast again. Now, I'm going through a growth spurt! :) So, hopefully I'll reach classic length next year. Who knows, between June and November of last year my hair might have went through either a stall or a resting phase.

Hey, don't give up yet! It's only March. You could still gain 12" this year, even with trims! How many inches do you have to get to classic?

I am not good at measuring but my hair seems to grow a little faster than average, maybe 7-8" in a year. It helps that I don't trim very often.

Dark40
March 26th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Just a while ago I saw you write that your hair grows both 0.5" and 1" a month, so I'm really confused about your growth rate. :confused:

Oh yeah, that's right I did say that. Thank you for reminding me. :) It grows 1" a month. It does grow fast when it's not going through a stall. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Dark40
March 26th, 2019, 07:03 PM
Hey, don't give up yet! It's only March. You could still gain 12" this year, even with trims! How many inches do you have to get to classic?

I am not good at measuring but my hair seems to grow a little faster than average, maybe 7-8" in a year. It helps that I don't trim very often.

Thank you for the encouragement! :) No, I'm not going to give up just yet! Yes, I hope I gain 12" this year even with small trims! I have 9 more inches to get to classic. How many more inches do you have to get to classic? Yeah, I know whatcha mean about not being good at measuring. Yes, it does help to not trim very often. I only trim once or twice a year.

AmaryllisRed
March 26th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Thank you for the encouragement! :) No, I'm not going to give up just yet! Yes, I hope I gain 12" this year even with small trims! I have 9 more inches to get to classic. How many more inches do you have to get to classic? Yeah, I know whatcha mean about not being good at measuring. Yes, it does help to not trim very often. I only trim once or twice a year.

Oh 9" is practically nothing! I bet you'll be there well before Christmas!
I'm pretty close to classic length but once I get there I'm growing on to knee.

FennFire911
March 26th, 2019, 10:08 PM
Oh yeah, that's right I did say that. Thank you for reminding me. :) It grows 1" a month. It does grow fast when it's not going through a stall. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

That's super impressive! I hope you come out of your stall soon and get that amazing growth rate back ASAP!

Dark40
March 27th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Oh 9" is practically nothing! I bet you'll be there well before Christmas!
I'm pretty close to classic length but once I get there I'm growing on to knee.

Awwww, I'm glad you said that 9" is nothing! I've got a good feeling that I'll be there well before Christmas too! And, I've always thought that I could never grow hair that long! Yes, TBL isn't that far from classic length either. Oh, knee length sounds like a nice length to be at! Once I reach classic I'm growing on to see how long it will grow.

Dark40
March 27th, 2019, 09:30 AM
That's super impressive! I hope you come out of your stall soon and get that amazing growth rate back ASAP!

Thank you! Oh, I'm out of my stall now. It's growing very well! I just hope that I don't go through it ever again!

lapushka
March 27th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Thank you! Oh, I'm out of my stall now. It's growing very well! I just hope that I don't go through it ever again!

How did you figure that so fast? :)

AmaryllisRed
March 27th, 2019, 11:34 AM
How did you figure that so fast? :)

I guess when your hair grows that fast, you can tell pretty quickly when the stall is over and a growth spurt has begun?
If the stall ended in November, that's probably 4.5-6" gained since then, right?

lapushka
March 27th, 2019, 11:52 AM
It should be going fast then yes, so no reason why classic is out of the picture yet, Dark. Boy, I am eager to see that picture. You have been looking after your hair for quite a bit now.

Dark40
March 27th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Awwwww, thank you for saying that Lapushka! Yes, it is going fast! I am really shocked of the growth spurt. I bet you can't wait to see that picture! Yes, I really have been looking after my hair. Especially, after I had a small trim back in December of last year.

AmaryllisRed
April 29th, 2019, 06:13 PM
How is everyone progressing?

Dark40
April 29th, 2019, 06:22 PM
I'm still at WL+ headed towards HL within a few months from now. I think I've got 3 or 4 more inches before I get to HL. It seems like it's growing so slow. Some months it looks like I'll go through a stall, and then it'll pick back up, and then it'll slow back down again but now it's growing very fast again for now. :)

JennGalt
April 29th, 2019, 08:07 PM
I’m at mid-butt stretched completely straight, so only a few inches to go until classic stretched (I’m short). I already knew I wouldn’t make it curly, and that hasn't changed. Curly I’m HL+ on wash days and have at least the deepest part of my hemline BCL most other days; sometimes more sections hit BCL as well depending on a variety of factors.

gingerninja
April 30th, 2019, 02:32 AM
I'm fully tailbone length and i've reached classic length stretched dry so i should make it in time even with hemline trim.

lapushka
April 30th, 2019, 06:55 AM
I'm still at WL+ headed towards HL within a few months from now. I think I've got 3 or 4 more inches before I get to HL. It seems like it's growing so slow. Some months it looks like I'll go through a stall, and then it'll pick back up, and then it'll slow back down again but now it's growing very fast again for now. :)

TBL to classic is about 4/6 inches on me, so about a year's growth, and then you have to still get from hip to TBL first, so I don't think your goals are that realistic, Dark, if you don't mind me saying? I hope not :flower: Wouldn't it take some pressure off of you if you were to join the TBL by Christmas 2019? And if there isn't one, create one? :)

Dark40
April 30th, 2019, 10:51 AM
TBL to classic is about 4/6 inches on me, so about a year's growth, and then you have to still get from hip to TBL first, so I don't think your goals are that realistic, Dark, if you don't mind me saying? I hope not :flower: Wouldn't it take some pressure off of you if you were to join the TBL by Christmas 2019? And if there isn't one, create one? :)

Ok, well I'm short 5'1" tall, and my hair grows pretty fast without any stalls. Yes, I know that you still have to get from hip to TBL first. I think my goals are realistic. I am headed to HL already. I know that it's not going to take me a year to get to HL or TBL. My hair grows about an inch per month. Thank you for the suggestion of joining the TBL by Christmas 2019 Thread if there isn't one. :)