PDA

View Full Version : temple/nape curls?

Babetriz
November 4th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Hey folks,
So I my hair is almost all 1a/1b, except at the the sides of the nape of my neck and at my temples. There, if my hair is up and I wet my baby hairs, they form ringlets, and I don't know what the heck is going on there. Do any of y'all straighties have the same thing?

Isobibbel
November 4th, 2017, 08:08 AM
i get those, i think it's cause they often have less terminal length so theres less weight on them. my right temple has a permanent corkscrew which i love, i think they're really cute :)

Babetriz
November 4th, 2017, 08:34 AM
honestly, same. Its adorable and I low-key wanna shave my head to see if without the weight of my hair its all curly, but also I'm trying for classic... so no

lithostoic
November 4th, 2017, 09:02 AM
This always baffles me, my wispies are straight as can be!

lapushka
November 4th, 2017, 09:55 AM
I have a few pieces that sometimes go ringletty (not always). Which is why 2b/c, but for the most part it's wavy.

I think wispy bits can play tricks on us sometimes. :) It's cute, though! :D

Andthetalltrees
November 4th, 2017, 02:27 PM
This always baffles me, my wispies are straight as can be!

Mine too, I would love curly wispies but mine are actually straighter than the rest of my hair.

katydid317
November 4th, 2017, 02:37 PM
My wispies do curl like that. Especially when it is humid out or as they are drying after I've washed my hair. I don't mind it around the front but the ones behind my ears/nape of my neck kind of annoy me just because it is annoying that those parts are short enough that they slip out of French braids.

Reyn127
November 4th, 2017, 03:03 PM
The majority of my hair is like a 2a/2b combination, but I have the same thing with the edge wispy bits turning into ringlets. I actually often embrace it, and tug those wispies out and re-wet them when I have my hair up. I call them my natural regency bangs. Sometimes people compliment them and call them cute, but I'm sure there are those who think they're strange.

Babetriz
November 7th, 2017, 08:56 AM
I kind of want to oil them/ treat them like curlies treat their entire head but I feel like I would end up over oiling my entire scalp by accident lol

girlwithsixarms
November 7th, 2017, 01:17 PM
My temples are straight, but my nape can get wavy - I kind of just figured it was because it's a transitional area. Also, that part of the hair does tend to have something of a reputation for being kind of weird and unruly.

BookishRay
November 7th, 2017, 04:23 PM
My wispies are as contrary as the rest of my hair. If I'm at home and couldn't care less what my hair looks like, I will have the prettiest ringlets you could imagine. If I want them to be cute for special do? NOPE stick straight and no amount of coaxing will get them to change.

Aredhel
November 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM
My DH has 1b hair but curly baby hairs (temple/nape). They are usually pretty straight but when we have high humidity seasons, those small hairs turn into full little ringlets and stick every which way. It's pretty adorable, lol.

leayellena
November 7th, 2017, 11:38 PM
my nape and temple hairs hairs curl a lot if I let them free. so from time to time I tuck them into the bun. I actually don't like flyaways as they make me look younger; I already have a baby face... but they\re also sign of new growth, and that's a good sign though.

Babetriz
November 16th, 2017, 10:27 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29091&d=1510853124
LOOK AT THIS
I DID NOTHING!!!
I'm not sad, I just want to know WHERE THE HECK these curls are coming from since I'm 1c on a good day

lapushka
November 16th, 2017, 03:28 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29091&d=1510853124
LOOK AT THIS
I DID NOTHING!!!
I'm not sad, I just want to know WHERE THE HECK these curls are coming from since I'm 1c on a good day

I think that comes with being 1c. 2c is the same and can have some 3a whirls in it; that's why it's "c", sort of a transition into the next "step". :)

cjk
November 16th, 2017, 10:41 PM
I've never understood the hair typing thing, perhaps someone could help me figure it out?

Regardless here's a picture of my wispy hairs and the curl my back takes on as it approaches the nape. I've found it is far more manageable since I stopped washing my hair. Products, or lack of products in my own case, can change everything. My hair has not looked this good since I was a kid.

https://i.imgur.com/6cAJihq_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/5qFAW9n_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

leayellena
November 17th, 2017, 12:59 AM
oh now that I see this thread I remember: I used to have such curls. now my temple hairs are just wavy or very large curls and my nape hair is mostly wavy or straight. am I transitioning to a straighter hair hopefully :P ?

lapushka
November 17th, 2017, 04:58 AM
I've never understood the hair typing thing, perhaps someone could help me figure it out?

Regardless here's a picture of my wispy hairs and the curl my back takes on as it approaches the nape. I've found it is far more manageable since I stopped washing my hair. Products, or lack of products in my own case, can change everything. My hair has not looked this good since I was a kid.

It's impossible to type right now. You're going to have to wait for some length to it; like APL or so. :flower: