PDA

View Full Version : Omega 3

ninjarambohd
November 2nd, 2017, 08:26 PM
Hi all! So I was wondering what do you all think about Omega 3 for hair? Has anyone ever taken in before? If so did you notice any changes to your hair? I've read on countless websites that if you lack it, it can mess up with your hair nails and skin. I have booked an appointment for a blood test for next week but not sure if it will show omega 3 levels. I am 100% sure though that I lack it as I rarely eat any fish or nuts etc...

Beeboo123
November 2nd, 2017, 11:57 PM
No, blood tests don’t show omega 3 levels. Only LDL, HDL and TG. I’ve tried taking fish oil supplements for some time, didn’t see any difference.

Mrstran
November 3rd, 2017, 09:06 AM
I’ve been taking it for a few months and my hair is growing at the same rate. I do use omega oil in my hair oil mix and I love the results. I noticed my hair had more shine the first time. Now I’m hooked.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2017, 09:16 AM
I eat fish enough, so I don't think I need it.

Good luck with the blood test, & keep us posted! :)

If your hair is fine, your nails are fine, then I wouldn't worry about it.

ninjarambohd
November 3rd, 2017, 09:26 AM
I eat fish enough, so I don't think I need it.

Good luck with the blood test, & keep us posted! :)

If your hair is fine, your nails are fine, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you so much! I will definitely keep you posted.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2017, 09:49 AM
ninjarambohd, on the contrary, if your hair and skin/nails aren't fine and you notice something, a multivitamin (not geared towards women) will be just fine and all you really need. I would wait on the blood test, though, as the doctor in case something is lacking, might want you to take something specific. But it doesn't have to be a bad result. ;)

girlwithsixarms
November 3rd, 2017, 10:15 AM
I take an omega 3-6-9 throughout fall/winter for dry skin, and although it does also help prevent winter scalp itchiness, I don't find that it does much for my hair. There are some decent vegetable sources of omega 3 if you're looking to make sure you're getting a balanced amount in your diet - perilla oil (available at many east Asian grocery stores) has a very high omega 3 to omega 6 ratio and flaxseed oil is almost as high. Apparently kiwifruit seed oil has the highest omega 3 to omega 6 ratio of any vegetable source, but I've never seen it anywhere or heard of any cuisines that use it for cooking or flavoring.

ninjarambohd
November 3rd, 2017, 10:43 AM
ninjarambohd, on the contrary, if your hair and skin/nails aren't fine and you notice something, a multivitamin (not geared towards women) will be just fine and all you really need. I would wait on the blood test, though, as the doctor in case something is lacking, might want you to take something specific. But it doesn't have to be a bad result. ;)

Thank you very much. Does it have to be for men? As the best one there is in my country is one called vitabiotics perfectil. Would that be any good?

Anje
November 3rd, 2017, 11:12 AM
Thank you very much. Does it have to be for men? As the best one there is in my country is one called vitabiotics perfectil. Would that be any good?

No, the ratios are just a little different. The men's ones tend to have less iron, for example. Mostly, though, I suspect it's marketing.

ninjarambohd
November 3rd, 2017, 11:19 AM
No, the ratios are just a little different. The men's ones tend to have less iron, for example. Mostly, though, I suspect it's marketing.

Yes. Definitely agree about the marketing as well. Say one starts to take multivitamins how long approximately to see results?

lapushka
November 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
Yes. Definitely agree about the marketing as well. Say one starts to take multivitamins how long approximately to see results?

If you're not lacking anything you are not going to see anything, that is why I urge you to wait on the doctor's results. :flower:

ninjarambohd
November 3rd, 2017, 11:41 AM
If you're not lacking anything you are not going to see anything, that is why I urge you to wait on the doctor's results. :flower:

Definitely will do that. I will keep you posted when I get the results that is if I don't pass out from seeing blood on the day 😁