PDA

View Full Version : My first year on LHC! ~Picture time~

Suze
November 1st, 2017, 08:07 AM
I've already been here for one year, wow! Wanted to thank you all so much for being such welcome and warm people! Really feels like a virtual home here, means a lot!

I came here after yet onother hairdresser disaster, where they took of WAY more length then I wanted. I needed a place that understood why I was so upset and luckily found it. And even better I learned a lot here;
self trimming, better hair care, treating my hair better in general, protective styling and so on. Also have a new hairtoy 'addiction' but it's one I really really enjoy and isn't bad for my well being, so it makes me happy.

I don't have big progress shots to share or anything but wanted to share some pictures anyway. I feel a lot better about my hair in general since joining here. Had a lot to recover from, trust me. Won't bore you with all the stupid hair comments I've received but the hairdresser who told me I coukdn't grow it longer because it would never look good didn't really help. :)

The picture on the left is from december 2016, and on the right from a few days back.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9500/parmvy.jpg
My hair grows about 1cm, I did some trims in between these photo's but not a lot.

I learned to really enjoy wearing updo's again, really got into braiding, learned how to do a 4-strand braid and discovered a love for accent braids and fell in love with Ficcare clips. Also learned that ot doesn't have to be perfect and mistakes are alowed, it will probably be better next time. I have some social anxiety and I learned to not to redo my hair before going out.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5892/KGydnQ.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9799/PIcInu.jpg

I just love braids:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/5739/ACNOvn.jpg

Bought some very pretty hairtoys and made my own hairtoy beaded8 flexi type thingy:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/5905/qeejsl.jpg

Wanted to end this long post (sorry about that) with a length shot. This is where I am now:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/2381/AmNgvy.jpg
9cm more to waist (yes, really), just really bad at this whole picture taking thing, will figure that out.

Thank you guys for taking the time at looking at my first year on LHC, really appreciate it. Learned so much, and not only about hair.
Really am enjoying this whole hairgrowing journey and look forward to new styles I can do with longer lengths!

Lady Stardust
November 1st, 2017, 08:29 AM
Wow Suze your hair is beautiful, everything about it, colour, shine, health, it's gorgeous!

You're tall, I guess? My waist length will be about the same as you. I might just use your pics as inspiration to keep going!

ReadingRenee
November 1st, 2017, 08:47 AM
Thanks for sharing! Your pictures are very inspiring. My length right now looks to be about your starting length and I would love to be where you are now in a year. Your hair is beautiful and your braids are amazing! :)

Dendra
November 1st, 2017, 08:51 AM
Wow so lovely, Suze. Your braids are gorgeous, and I love that silver Ficcare. It's crazy what that hairdresser said - look at your beautiful hair!

Suze
November 1st, 2017, 08:53 AM
Wow Suze your hair is beautiful, everything about it, colour, shine, health, it's gorgeous!

You're tall, I guess? My waist length will be about the same as you. I might just use your pics as inspiration to keep going!
Thank you so much, that's such a nice compliment. Really makes me happy.

I'm 1.73 about 5' 8". Not sure if that's tall I'm the short one in my family. :p

Thanks for sharing! Your pictures are very inspiring. My length right now looks to be about your starting length and I would love to be where you are now in a year. Your hair is beautiful and your braids are amazing! :)

Thank you so very much. :flowers: And you can totally do it, ecspecially with the help of LHC. When I look back now on pictures from about a year back I can really see the progress, not so much month to month though. I should just anjoy the journey al together. Hope you will too!

lapushka
November 1st, 2017, 09:01 AM
Wanted to end this long post (sorry about that) with a length shot. This is where I am now:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/2381/AmNgvy.jpg
9cm more to waist (yes, really), just really bad at this whole picture taking thing, will figure that out.

Thank you guys for taking the time at looking at my first year on LHC, really appreciate it. Learned so much, and not only about hair.
Really am enjoying this whole hairgrowing journey and look forward to new styles I can do with longer lengths!

No big progress shots? Girl! You grew a lot in a year's time. That is impressive. :D :applause

9 cm to waist! It looks like you are at waist to me. Waist is the smallest of your body, so the tiniest circumference. Not the waist band of your jeans (that would be hip already).

Oh, and I almost forgot; gorgeous and very shiny hair!!!

georgia_peach
November 1st, 2017, 09:14 AM
Your hair is gorgeous and so healthy looking. Congratulations!

OhSuzi
November 1st, 2017, 09:31 AM
lovely shiny hair - brill hair styles I can barely plait! they look amazing

Suze
November 1st, 2017, 09:42 AM
Wow so lovely, Suze. Your braids are gorgeous, and I love that silver Ficcare. It's crazy what that hairdresser said - look at your beautiful hair!
Thank you Dendra, you're always so nice to me. I love that silver Ficcare too, it was my first one and a present from my parents. :o

No big progress shots? Girl! You grew a lot in a year's time. That is impressive. :D :applause

9 cm to waist! It looks like you are at waist to me. Waist is the smallest of your body, so the tiniest circumference. Not the waist band of your jeans (that would be hip already).

Oh, and I almost forgot; gorgeous and very shiny hair!!!

Thanks so much Lapushka! :flowers: I just meant I didn't take actual length shots before. Just started in april with that and am glad I did. It's so cool to see the progress. Helps me when I feel really down about my hair. I need to remeasjre this waistlength thing but I definitely have a while to grow. I think it's the angle of the camera and I also lost 23 lbs this year so maybe waist is now a bit higher on me? :confused:

Your hair is gorgeous and so healthy looking. Congratulations!

Thank you georgia_peach, I like your username btw. :)

Suze
November 1st, 2017, 09:43 AM
lovely shiny hair - brill hair styles I can barely plait! they look amazing

Thank you very much OhSuzi!! :flower:

spidermom
November 1st, 2017, 10:03 AM
Really impressive growth in a year, also blinding shine; beautiful!

Corvana
November 1st, 2017, 10:25 AM
Like I've said before, and will probably say again a million times, your hair is the epitome of #hairgoals for me.

Stray_mind
November 1st, 2017, 10:33 AM
Wow that is a truly great progress in just one year! Your hairdresser is an idiot, and i am Not sorry in the slightest to say this.

Your growth is amazing in just one year.

I envy your bunning and braiding skills too, you are so talented. I could Never do a diagonal braid for the Life of me.
Your hair looks healthy, shiny, well taken care of. Your color is amazing and looks really pretty against all the colors you choose to wear.

Congratulations on your first hair anniversary. You're almost at waist, girl! :blossom: :joy::cheer::cheer:

Serimel
November 1st, 2017, 10:37 AM
Beautiful hair and styles. You always manage to look so elegant, especially with your buns. Your hair looks super healthy and shiny too. Love love love :heartbeatlll

TatsuOni
November 1st, 2017, 10:54 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks great and so many beautiful updos! :)

tseh
November 1st, 2017, 11:42 AM
Great growth and what a stunning hair, so shiny :)

lines-wine
November 1st, 2017, 11:58 AM
OMG, great growth & shine. I think you're al lot closer to waist than you think.

DweamGoiL
November 1st, 2017, 12:08 PM
Wow, amazing growth in one year. It looks gorgeous. Rock it with pride!

alimc
November 1st, 2017, 01:18 PM
Wow, wow, wow!
I hope you don’t still go to the same mean hairdresser, they need their eyes tested.
And i echo what Corvana said, definitely a hair goal for me too.... :heartbeat

rmani
November 1st, 2017, 01:28 PM
You have so much to celebrate! What a great year it was and wow - you made great progress re: length and health. Beautiful hair! Congrats!

Suze
November 1st, 2017, 04:14 PM
Really impressive growth in a year, also blinding shine; beautiful!
Thank you so much. I get quite frustrated with my hair because I feel like it grows so slow but then when I see pictures I can really see the length I gained, so awesome!

Like I've said before, and will probably say again a million times, your hair is the epitome of #hairgoals for me.
corvana, you are very sweet, thank you very much! :smooch: I like your hair too and your avatar picture is beautiful!

Wow that is a truly great progress in just one year! Your hairdresser is an idiot, and i am Not sorry in the slightest to say this.

Your growth is amazing in just one year.

I envy your bunning and braiding skills too, you are so talented. I could Never do a diagonal braid for the Life of me.
Your hair looks healthy, shiny, well taken care of. Your color is amazing and looks really pretty against all the colors you choose to wear.

Congratulations on your first hair anniversary. You're almost at waist, girl! :blossom: :joy::cheer::cheer:
Hahaha, thank you so much! Oh that hairdresser made me feel so low about myself. He bluntly said that if my hair wasn't pretty to start with he couldn't make it look beautiful. He wasn't a miracle worker. I know part of this was a very aggressive way to make me buy products, he kept asking me what products I was using and that I really needed to invest in better products if I wanted to make my hair look good ever. Called him a few names when I was back home and was not sorry either.

I am so exited to actually make it to waist next year! Yay! Never thought that was possible. Slowly adjusting to the idea I can probably make it.

Started diagonal braiding because it was the only way to get all my layers in. I start at the front with a deep side part. Closing your eyes while braiding and/or walk around while doing it really helps, sounds weird I know.

Beautiful hair and styles. You always manage to look so elegant, especially with your buns. Your hair looks super healthy and shiny too. Love love love :heartbeatlll

Thank you very very much!!! <3

Congrats! Your hair looks great and so many beautiful updos! :)
Thank you, I enjoy trying new styles and this place is so inspiring.

Great growth and what a stunning hair, so shiny :)
Thanks! :flower:

OMG, great growth & shine. I think you're al lot closer to waist than you think.
I might to remeasure, I lost 27 pounds this year so my waistline might have gone up? Or I missmeasured before. But it is also the angle of the photo.

Wow, amazing growth in one year. It looks gorgeous. Rock it with pride!
Awww thank you, I will rock it!

Wow, wow, wow!
I hope you don’t still go to the same mean hairdresser, they need their eyes tested.
And i echo what Corvana said, definitely a hair goal for me too.... :heartbeat
So weird to me when other people think of my hair as some goal because I have been so insecure about it for the longest time. Still, it such a nice compliment. So thank you very much!

I went back twice after that because the cut I got was pretty horrid. Another stylist did it and she was very nice, we decided not to cut any more and wait 3 months. She curled my hair though which was nice of her but a mistake for my hair. Splitsville, oops. Steam came off the flat iron but she told me it was ok because she used a heat protecter. This was the last time I ever ever used heat on my hair. The second time I went back she cut it dry and did a braided updo after that. Really got me into beaiding so there is that. After that only self trimming for me. I feel such a relief never having to go back again.

You have so much to celebrate! What a great year it was and wow - you made great progress re: length and health. Beautiful hair! Congrats!
Thank you so much! My hair is the longest it has ever been so that's exiting to me!

Crystawni
November 1st, 2017, 04:49 PM
Stunning, Suze! Your hair (rich and shiny!), your dos (elegant), your growth AND weight loss! What a year! Congrats on your anniversary, and I look forward to your future progress! BTW, if you bend to the side, that pivot point is your waist (looks like where your thumbs are in your length pic).

Flowerness
November 1st, 2017, 06:08 PM
You have such beautiful hair! It looks smooth, silky, healthy, and with tons of shine! (On my best straight hair day, my hair isn't that luminous!) Don't listen to anyone saying anything bad about your hair, because it is gorgeous! (I also prefer to cut my own hair. I've been upset by people cutting it wrong, lopsided, or not as I want it. Paying for that? Not fun! Playing with my own hair, though: fun!)

Enjoy your new length! Your hair looks so great!

Cg
November 1st, 2017, 06:29 PM
What a beautiful head of hair! Congratulations on one year and on how thick and glossy your hair is!

Reyn127
November 1st, 2017, 08:21 PM
I'm glad you found the LHC and with it, some love towards your hair. I love all the styles you've been doing, the braids look so good!

CindyOfTheOaks
November 1st, 2017, 09:45 PM
Your hair is truly beautiful - very healthy and very shiny !
You have had amazing growth in a year !
Congratulations !

Jo Ann
November 1st, 2017, 10:32 PM
Well done, Suze! Your hair looks so much better--and I love the shine! :bottomsup:

Beeboo123
November 1st, 2017, 10:48 PM
Your hair is so sleek and shiny. And so thick! Is your hair thickness really ii? Your braid looks like you could be iii, maybe your thickness increased too. I wish I had your hair

racheldelrey
November 1st, 2017, 10:52 PM
Whoa, girl, you are hair goals! It's so smooth and shiny!

Shanawavy
November 2nd, 2017, 05:39 AM
Congratulations! Really beautiful hair.

Suze
November 2nd, 2017, 06:03 AM
Stunning, Suze! Your hair (rich and shiny!), your dos (elegant), your growth AND weight loss! What a year! Congrats on your anniversary, and I look forward to your future progress! BTW, if you bend to the side, that pivot point is your waist (looks like where your thumbs are in your length pic).
Thank you so mych Crystawni!:smooch: Thanks for the tip about where waist is. Quite proud of myself, only trimmed 1cm this year so far. The weight is coming off slow but steady, changed my entire diet around and went completely raw vegan (for health reasons). Still adjusting to it. :o

You have such beautiful hair! It looks smooth, silky, healthy, and with tons of shine! (On my best straight hair day, my hair isn't that luminous!) Don't listen to anyone saying anything bad about your hair, because it is gorgeous! (I also prefer to cut my own hair. I've been upset by people cutting it wrong, lopsided, or not as I want it. Paying for that? Not fun! Playing with my own hair, though: fun!)

Enjoy your new length! Your hair looks so great!
Thank you!! And I agree, it is nipo fun to pay for something you don't really enjoy and can't even return for something you would like. Only self trimmed twice so far but I think I can manage, don't wear it down anyway.

What a beautiful head of hair! Congratulations on one year and on how thick and glossy your hair is!
Thank you very much Cg!

I'm glad you found the LHC and with it, some love towards your hair. I love all the styles you've been doing, the braids look so good!
Oh, me too. Really happy I found this awesome place! I really enjoy doing new styles and buying new hairtoys!

Your hair is truly beautiful - very healthy and very shiny !
You have had amazing growth in a year !
Congratulations !
Thanks Cindy, it is great to have photo's to look back on so you can actually see the progress!

Well done, Suze! Your hair looks so much better--and I love the shine! :bottomsup:
Thank you Jo Ann, both my sisters commented that my hair looks so healthy and that they are both jealous which is rodiculous because they both have awesome hair, but still nice to hear!

Your hair is so sleek and shiny. And so thick! Is your hair thickness really ii? Your braid looks like you could be iii, maybe your thickness increased too. I wish I had your hair
Thank you sweety! I love your hair! When I joined I measured 8cm ponycircumference and now it's 9-9.5cm delending on where I measure. I usually fluff out my braids a bit though.

Whoa, girl, you are hair goals! It's so smooth and shiny!
Wow, thank you so much!!

Congratulations! Really beautiful hair.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing my progress in another year!

embee
November 2nd, 2017, 06:16 AM
Look at that length! And all those nice updo styles! So pretty, and all in only one year? Impressive. :)

KlutzyChy1
November 2nd, 2017, 09:28 AM
Your hair looks so incredibly shiny & healthy. It's absolutely lovely. Congratulations. ❤You must be so proud! I can only hope one day my hair looks this amazing.

Cherriezzzzz
November 2nd, 2017, 02:16 PM
WOW beautiful hair!!!! It is LONG! :D My first year is coming up, a few days since I started growing. But I didn't find the LHC until April after I had started growing the previous Nov. Looking at your pics makes me not want to do a "year post!" Your pics are so awesome! Thank you for sharing! It's really REALLY inspiring! Just think what yours (and now I can dream about mine) will look like in ANOTHER year!
Your pics were like...
Breath of fresh air!

Shorty89
November 2nd, 2017, 02:25 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! It looks much darker int he second picture, did you dye it? By the way, you have great taste in earrings!

Suze
November 2nd, 2017, 05:53 PM
Look at that length! And all those nice updo styles! So pretty, and all in only one year? Impressive. :)
Thank you so much! :smooch:

Your hair looks so incredibly shiny & healthy. It's absolutely lovely. Congratulations. ❤You must be so proud! I can only hope one day my hair looks this amazing.
Thank you Klutzy!! :flower:

WOW beautiful hair!!!! It is LONG! :D My first year is coming up, a few days since I started growing. But I didn't find the LHC until April after I had started growing the previous Nov. Looking at your pics makes me not want to do a "year post!" Your pics are so awesome! Thank you for sharing! It's really REALLY inspiring! Just think what yours (and now I can dream about mine) will look like in ANOTHER year!
Your pics were like...
Breath of fresh air!
Wow, that's so nice of you! But please do show us your first year too! I almost didn't post this because I felt it wasn't good enough compared to other peoples progress. I think we tend to be to hard on ourselves. And in the end I'm very glad I decided to do it. And I think if you do this every year it so mych fun to compare and really see the progress for yourself. I always enjoy reading other 'one year' threads.

Your hair is gorgeous! It looks much darker int he second picture, did you dye it? By the way, you have great taste in earrings!
I think it's just the lighting. The first one is a mirrorselfie. :lol: Thank you and thanks about the earrings too. I made them myself.

Ligeia Noire
November 2nd, 2017, 09:26 PM
Shine girl and shine hair, love that braid you have there, congratulations!

Suze
November 3rd, 2017, 12:16 PM
Shine girl and shine hair, love that braid you have there, congratulations!

Thank you so much!! Exited for more length!:o

Ligeia Noire
November 3rd, 2017, 12:18 PM
Oh man I meant shiny not shine well you got the point so I won't edit it. Yes let it grow longer!

Suze
November 3rd, 2017, 12:21 PM
Oh man I meant shiny not shine well you got the point so I won't edit it. Yes let it grow longer!

Yep, got it hehe. And, yes really exited about letting it grow longer. Very happy I found LHC and self trimming. :cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
November 3rd, 2017, 01:47 PM
Stunning hair and equally stunning updos. Those styles with the accent braids look so sleek and glamorous :) Happy 1st hairiversary and here's to many more to come! :D

Five of Five
November 3rd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Your hair is stunning, Suze! You have the sort of hair that myself and a lot of people I know would say "wow" at if seen out in the wild. So shiny and healthy, and such a rich colour.

I think the hairdresser was experiencing a bit of cognitive dissonance with you. He noticed that your hair looked absolutely fantastic in its natural state without his products, so to defend his livlihood, he had to convince you and himself that this wasn't actually the case!

Suze
November 3rd, 2017, 06:00 PM
Stunning hair and equally stunning updos. Those styles with the accent braids look so sleek and glamorous :) Happy 1st hairiversary and here's to many more to come! :D
Thank you so much Sarah!

Your hair is stunning, Suze! You have the sort of hair that myself and a lot of people I know would say "wow" at if seen out in the wild. So shiny and healthy, and such a rich colour.

I think the hairdresser was experiencing a bit of cognitive dissonance with you. He noticed that your hair looked absolutely fantastic in its natural state without his products, so to defend his livlihood, he had to convince you and himself that this wasn't actually the case!
Thanks for saying that!:smooch: Still don't know what his problem was. All I know is he made me feel terrible about myself and about my hair. Had a really rough time anyway around the time I went to see him and this reallydidn't help me. Well, glad I can selftrim now and never have to endure that again.

Suze
November 6th, 2017, 03:04 AM
:heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeatHonestly guys, thank you all so much for taking the time to look at this thread and comment. It means a lot and I'm truely overwhelmed by all your nice positive comments. If I ever feel down about myself and/ or my hair I will totally scroll trough this thread again! Thank you! :heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat