PDA

View Full Version : impromptu hair photoshoot outside (waist and wavy)

OleanderTime
October 31st, 2017, 09:01 AM
My husband and I went hiking last weekend, and after keeping my hair up in a sweaty bun under my wide-brimmed hat all day, I took it down for some breeze as we put our feet in the river. Thought I'd share these pictures from our impromptu photoshoot. :)

https://s20.postimg.org/tmvkzv3vx/hikinghair-4.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/f3ofyfnlp/hikinghair-1.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/3rbugnucd/hikinghair-2.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/5vw7hqo99/hikinghair-3.jpg

Shorty89
October 31st, 2017, 09:51 AM
Wow! Beautiful hair and lovely scenery! I love your hair colour.

lapushka
October 31st, 2017, 09:59 AM
Very pretty, OleanderTime! :)

OleanderTime
October 31st, 2017, 09:59 AM
Wow! Beautiful hair and lovely scenery! I love your hair colour.

Thanks! We were taking a photoshoot of the scenery, it was fall color change in the mountains, but then the hair happened. :)

Kae612
October 31st, 2017, 10:05 AM
So pretty! Both your hair and the nature :D

Suze
October 31st, 2017, 10:09 AM
Gorgeous hair, and those are some good pictures!

spidermom
October 31st, 2017, 10:11 AM
Lovely photos; thanks for sharing.

Dendra
October 31st, 2017, 10:12 AM
Oh my goodness, such delicious hair! That second photo is just beautiful.

OleanderTime
October 31st, 2017, 10:29 AM
That second photo is just beautiful.

Aw thanks so much! I'm glad you like this photo, because it's the one that makes me think just a liiiiittle bit that I should trim my ends, but I think it can wait. I got a trim in June, and it's definitely not blunt, but I don't think it's too wispy yet.

My goal is a good solid u-lined hip. I've been here forever and it is a slow, painstaking process. These photos make me see the time that has gone by. :)

Suze
October 31st, 2017, 10:35 AM
Aw thanks so much! I'm glad you like this photo, because it's the one that makes me think just a liiiiittle bit that I should trim my ends, but I think it can wait. I got a trim in June, and it's definitely not blunt, but I don't think it's too wispy yet.

My goal is a good solid u-lined hip. I've been here forever and it is a slow, painstaking process. These photos make me see the time that has gone by. :)

Your hemline looks absolutely beautiful, thick and healthy to me!

*Wednesday*
October 31st, 2017, 10:37 AM
Stunning. My favorite is the 2nd photo from the top. Your hair looks perfect.

Reyn127
October 31st, 2017, 10:39 AM
How nice! Your hair looks very thick and shiny, thank you for sharing :)

Sparklylady82
October 31st, 2017, 10:59 AM
Beautiful! What is your hair care regimine? We have simialar hair type, except I am growing out highlights and I have a lot of layers to grow out.

lithostoic
October 31st, 2017, 12:16 PM
Very nice...

OleanderTime
October 31st, 2017, 12:25 PM
Beautiful! What is your hair care regimine?

Aw, thanks for asking! Basically all the things I've learned here over the years have morphed into benign neglect. There was a time way back when I was always doing deep treatments and homemade masks and reading about oils and such. That was a fun hobby, but lately, I just ignore it. I also used to brush with a BBB and try sleeping on satin pillowcases or with a silk cap, but again, mostly for hobby reasons and I haven't done that stuff in ages. I do kind of miss it!

I wash with diluted Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (scalp only, then let the suds run down my hair as I rinse it out) and put a ton of a thick conditioner in, and let it soak while I do the rest of my shower (no regular conditioner - I buy whatever seems fancy and on sale at Whole Foods). I comb my dry hair before I shower (I only use a plastic seamless wide-tooth comb) and put some detangler on after my shower. This is where I splurge: I use John Masters Organics for detangler and leave-in conditioning creme, and dang is that stuff expensive.

I do a full wash about twice a week, and when it's hot out or I'm exercising more, I do an extra scalp wash or two. I learned that here and love it. It makes it so easy to feel clean and fresh without being too rough on the length. I put my hair up in a messy bun with a fabric scrunch and put that in a plastic sandwich bag, and wrap a tighter elastic around it. I pull it a little loose so I can wash under it, and then I shampoo my scalp only. When it's done, my hair is wet to about my chin, and everything below that is still dry.

I wear my hair in a lazy wrap basically every single day. Sometimes I blow dry my long bangs and hair near my scalp before I put it up so it won't be soaking all day. I do love this towel (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013L68USS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1). I sleep in pigtail braids so I can try to sleep on my back. In the last 5 years or so, the only time I've used curling irons and hairspray was for my wedding. I do feel like I've gotten really lazy with my hair, but I like its natural state so am cool with that for a while.

What's working for you?

lapushka
October 31st, 2017, 01:30 PM

No way! Your ends / hem = absolutely *fine*! :)

martyna_22
October 31st, 2017, 05:16 PM
Your hair looks amazing!

CindyOfTheOaks
October 31st, 2017, 05:21 PM
Lovely pictures - beautiful area !

DweamGoiL
October 31st, 2017, 06:14 PM
Just lovely, OleanderTime!

Jo Ann
October 31st, 2017, 06:42 PM
Awesome! And the scenery looks good, too :p

Stray_mind
November 1st, 2017, 02:08 AM
Those pics are so beautiful! Low how the color scheme of the background brings out your hair color so nicely. I love the waves and the silky look of your hair :)