PDA

View Full Version : serious scalp problem

amiraaah
October 30th, 2017, 07:33 AM
hello girls,so i always had a very dry and itchy scalp to the point of whenever i scratch my scalp some pieces fall.about a month ago i searched and knew that maybe the harsh chemicals in my shampoo leave my scalp dry,i bought a moisturizing with shampoo no sulphates no parabens and i had good results actually i can't see any dandruff on my scalp at all.but after two weeks of using it something weird happened after showering and airdrying i was scratching my head and a very sticky substance was on a certain part on my scalp.this jelly-like was accompanied with small stuff i said that is okay and didn't care about it,i continued using the shampoo and nothing happened it worked really well without any problems.but yesterday it happened again after showering but this time on a different part of my scalp,what do you think is it a serious thing.
i have pictures of my scalp but i don't want to bother you and disgust you.

Ophidian
October 30th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Maybe the stickiness is product or sebum build-up? If you recently switched to a milder shampoo then maybe you need to work it in more to get the cleansing you are used to. Sectioning your hair to make sure you get to every part of your scalp might help, and then be sure you are rinsing very well.

lapushka
October 30th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Maybe the stickiness is product or sebum build-up? If you recently switched to a milder shampoo then maybe you need to work it in more to get the cleansing you are used to. Sectioning your hair to make sure you get to every part of your scalp might help, and then be sure you are rinsing very well.

My thoughts too. Try washing twice with the milder shampoo; see if that helps you out. At least, that's what I would do.

amiraaah
October 30th, 2017, 11:48 AM
thank you for responding,i shampoo my hair twice and also more often every two days so i don't think this is not the issue maybe dead cells or a transition phase between dry and normal scalp:confused:

lapushka
October 30th, 2017, 11:57 AM
amiraaah, have you seen a doctor for this yet? If not, I would go to one and not wait. Tell them what you have tried and they can take it from there.

amiraaah
October 30th, 2017, 11:59 AM
thank you lapushka i haven't but i will go

lapushka
October 31st, 2017, 05:07 PM
thank you lapushka i haven't but i will go

That's great. Keep us posted! :flower: Good luck with everything.