PDA

View Full Version : Bubble hair dye? Olaplex? Coconut oil?

Nightamin
October 29th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Hi guys, not sure if this should be moved to the Conventional Products forum but I figured I'd try asking here -- I am planning on using a bubble (foam) hair dye that contains peroxide, will the colour take over coconut oil saturated hair? I also own an Olaplex kit, is it worth using it or will it not work the same way as with non foam dyes? TIA. :)

Beeboo123
October 29th, 2017, 02:08 AM
I’ve only used Liese and Cielo bubble/foam dye. They definitely work much much better on clean hair. However, I also find that Asian hair dyes tend to be much gentler, so, depending on where your dye is from, it may or may not work.

Nightamin
October 29th, 2017, 02:15 AM
I’ve only used Liese and Cielo bubble/foam dye. They definitely work much much better on clean hair. However, I also find that Asian hair dyes tend to be much gentler, so, depending on where your dye is from, it may or may not work.

Liese is what I plan on using! I guessed as much re the CO. I wonder if the Olaplex will be fine to add in, at the very least. Hmm.

lapushka
October 29th, 2017, 05:19 AM
Normal permanent dyes, I always did on oily, dirty hair, to save my scalp. My mom did the very same. Well she still does the very same. She has not given up hair dye. I think she colors about 4, maybe 5 times a year tops.

But I know nothing about "bubble dyes", and if they're more gentle, they might not take on dirty hair. I wouldn't add additional coconut oil, I don't think.

Pigfarts
October 29th, 2017, 12:04 PM
You could always use the Olaplex as a stand alone treatment after the bubble dye to repair damage!

Nightamin
October 30th, 2017, 01:52 AM
Normal permanent dyes, I always did on oily, dirty hair, to save my scalp. My mom did the very same. Well she still does the very same. She has not given up hair dye. I think she colors about 4, maybe 5 times a year tops.

But I know nothing about "bubble dyes", and if they're more gentle, they might not take on dirty hair. I wouldn't add additional coconut oil, I don't think.

I've never actually dyed my hair before! I've been using Sun-In though, and I'm thinking that using something like this a few times a year might turn out to be less damaging than spritzing on such a notorious product every fortnight. I guess having 'lighter' hair is just my vice. I'm hoping I'll embrace my dark hair someday but I'm just not at that point yet. :(

Yeah, it certainly does sound like it's more gentle than dyes that are sold in the west! Dirty/oily hair might not mesh well with it...

Nightamin
October 30th, 2017, 01:56 AM
You could always use the Olaplex as a stand alone treatment after the bubble dye to repair damage!

I was really hoping to avoid the damage altogether by just adding the required few mls to the bottle! Maybe I'll have to do it afterwards. Ah well, I'll make sure to do a strand test with some shed hairs beforehand to make sure I'm happy with the result.