PDA

View Full Version : 1st lhc anniversary

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Today exactly one year has passed since I joined lhc. Finding this community has changed the way I see my hair. It has become a huge part of my identity and a dear hobby of mine. I have learned a great deal about hair care, creative and unique hairstyles and found a place filled with warm and friendly people, a place to call my "virtual" home. I have developed patience and determination which I feel is helping other areas of my life as well. I want to thank you all for this magical year I have spent in the universe of hair.

As I've seen others do, I would like to share my progress and some of my favourite styles from the last 12 months.

Here is my first hair typing picture and starting point. Such a dry, frizzy mess with lot of heat damage. I was typed 1c/2a when I joined. I was about hip length at that time, 32 inches.

https://i.imgur.com/Huv70OX.jpg?1

True better hair care and moisture balance my waves started to pop out more and more and I decided to make another hair typing 1 month ago. This time I was typed 2a/2b. Also gained some length despite having two trims during the year ( altogether about 7-8 cm cut during the year )

https://i.imgur.com/y2T7pfL.jpg?1

Here is my hair today. I had it in a tight english braid throughout the whole day and not completely happy about how it looked when I let it loose (frizz is real!) but I had to take one anniversary shot. I have also waited until this day to claim bcl. Measured today and my hair is about 35,6 inches long at the moment. Stretched I am already a little past bcl and now my hair is there when dry and wavy as well. :)

https://i.imgur.com/6tcXCwA.jpg?2

To be continued...

Eastbound&Down
October 27th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Wow, congrats. Your hair is beautiful, good work!

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 11:18 AM
My braid tassel has grown size through the two trims I went through. I also learned new braided styles. Before I joined lhc, I could only manage the simple english braid.

https://i.imgur.com/IsVCkzY.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/UMSDaaA.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/sbGJMxg.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/N2sEnuu.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/b3U6Zai.jpg?2

TatsuOni
October 27th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks great and beautiful braid styles!

Dems
October 27th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Wow your braids are gorgeous - as is the rest of your hair! Congrats on one year and here's to many more! :flower:

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 11:28 AM
I never really wore buns before lhc. Here are just a few of the many I had the joy to learn this year.

https://i.imgur.com/GbvGbvx.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/mGvLdUy.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/jOdtXHM.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/xIu3Tjh.jpg?2

And I also invented a new bun myself! That was totally the highlight of my lhc year. :) Here is "Serimel bun/ Seribun"

https://i.imgur.com/t2w31TH.jpg?1

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Wow, congrats. Your hair is beautiful, good work!

Thank you :heartbeat It has been alot of work :D

Congrats! Your hair looks great and beautiful braid styles!

Thank you Tatsuoni! :flower:

Wow your braids are gorgeous - as is the rest of your hair! Congrats on one year and here's to many more! :flower:

Thank you so much Dems! :blossom:

Jas
October 27th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Great progress through the year! Your hair is gorgeous and you can definitely tell how much better the ends look :D Great work on the buns too!

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Thank you Jas! I didn't realise just how much the ends have improved before I looked at the pictures side to side. At the moment I'm in the no trimming 2017 second half only challenge and I have to say it's starting to get quite hard. After the challenge I will join micro trimming thread to continue getting rid of taper. Now I feel like I'm taking a step back but at the same time I enjoy gaining length. So hard to find the perfect balance!

MoonRabbit
October 27th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Congrats! Your hair is looking so lovely, and I really like the sock bun with the ribbon, super cute!

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Thank you MoonRabbit! It has been one of my favourite styles to wear. Easy to make and so sturdy!

amiraaah
October 27th, 2017, 01:23 PM
congrats,your hair is amazing.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 27th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Your ends look great. I really like that braid in the second set of pictures and I love that first bun in the bun photo set.
I cant wait til I hit a solid hip and can make good braided styles.

hobbitlocks
October 27th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Your hair looks great! I love your braided styles -- they definitely inspire me to try more fun braids myself! :)

lapushka
October 27th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Gorgeous hair, amazing progress, and cute buns too! All in all a successful year for you, I think. :D :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 27th, 2017, 02:50 PM
What wonderful progress in length and condition, and all your braids and buns are so lovely and look like they were done by a professional :) Happy hairiversary :)

Corvana
October 27th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is so gorgeous and your buns are amazing!

Dendra
October 27th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Wow your hair looks in beautiful condition, congrats! Of the hairstyles I love that plait with the flowers in, and the first bun especially :D

Ligeia Noire
October 27th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Beautiful hair you have and such beautiful texture too. I love your high sock bun!

pandabarrier
October 27th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Congrats on your great hair and progress Serimel!
I remember in your last trim you said the hairdresser took more than you wanted, but your hair has grown back and the hemline looks thick and nice! :cheer:

checkuponit
October 27th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Serimel, your hair is beautiful! What is your haircare/washing routine?

Crystawni
October 27th, 2017, 09:55 PM
So much pretty and diversity in styles! Congrats on a full-on year of hair improvement!

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 11:08 PM
congrats,your hair is amazing.

Thank you!

Your ends look great. I really like that braid in the second set of pictures and I love that first bun in the bun photo set.
I cant wait til I hit a solid hip and can make good braided styles.

Thank you rebeccalaurenxx! I have really learned to love braids and they become more and more fun the longer the hair gets!

Your hair looks great! I love your braided styles -- they definitely inspire me to try more fun braids myself! :)

Thank you! Before lhc I wore my hair mostly loose. It was hard to learn to keep it contained at first and I felt like I didn't look like myself. That's why I wanted to make special styles to feel contained yet pretty.

Gorgeous hair, amazing progress, and cute buns too! All in all a successful year for you, I think. :D :flower:

Thank you lapushka! I think you were the first one to welcome me into lhc as a newbie and you're always there to help and support with your wise words and long experience. You're like the guardian hair angel of lhc.

What wonderful progress in length and condition, and all your braids and buns are so lovely and look like they were done by a professional :) Happy hairiversary :)

Wow thanks Sarah! My hairstyles have developed a lot throughout the year. First I couldn't make the buns hold and braids were messy as ever. Enthusiasm and practice have been the key.

Happy anniversary! Your hair is so gorgeous and your buns are amazing!

Thanks a lot!

Wow your hair looks in beautiful condition, congrats! Of the hairstyles I love that plait with the flowers in, and the first bun especially :D

Thanks Dendra! Those styles I felt really succesful with.

Beautiful hair you have and such beautiful texture too. I love your high sock bun!

Thank you so much LN!

Congrats on your great hair and progress Serimel!
I remember in your last trim you said the hairdresser took more than you wanted, but your hair has grown back and the hemline looks thick and nice! :cheer:

Thank you pandabarrier! Yes right! I was quite devastated after last trim but it did me good in the end.

So much pretty and diversity in styles! Congrats on a full-on year of hair improvement!

Thank you Crystawni!

Serimel
October 27th, 2017, 11:45 PM
Serimel, your hair is beautiful! What is your haircare/washing routine?

Thank you! :) I wash my hair typically twice a week, Wednesdays and Sundays when I have my trainings. I find it impossible not to do a complete wash routine after workout though ideally I'd only like to wash once a week. When I first entered lhc I left sulphates and silicones but now I had to go back to them. If I don't use sulphates I get more dandruff. I still have a lot of heat damage in my ends and my texture is quite rough so I feel silicones help with that. Because of that I clarify every 2-3 months sometimes more often if I feel the hair needs it.

I do CWC and after shower let the hair dry a bit and then LO. Sundays I used to do my deep treatment with coconut oil before shower but I haven't practiced it the last three months because of laziness. I think I should get back to it because it helped my hair a lot.

I haven't found my HG yet, I've been changing the products a lot during this year. At the moment I use Tresemmé Luxurious Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner., SP hydrate finish as a leave in and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream All-Over Miracle Oil in the ends. I bought the oil tax free when flying to Barcelona in August and I've fallen in love with this product. Does wonders to my hair and smells divine unlike the oils I used to use before this product. :) i rarely do protein treatments, they always leave my hair impossible to manage.

I always let my hair air dry only. Wear it in a braid or high bun while sleeping. Lately more high bun because one night two weeks ago my braid got really badly trapped under my sleeping husband and I woke up in panic and neck pain due to the unnatural position it forced me into. Not cool. My neck felt sore for two days. So now I only sleep in braid when hubs is working a night shift and I have the bed all to myself. :D

Daytime I wear braids or low buns because I have to wear certain kind of glasses for my job and higher buns tend to get in the way of setting the glasses. I hate those glasses, they eat a lot of my hair every day. I have to come up with a solution to make them more hair friendly.

leayellena
October 27th, 2017, 11:48 PM
Congratulations!

Stray_mind
October 28th, 2017, 03:04 AM
Wow, serious hair envy on my part!

Congratulations with your hairiversary! The progress really shows :blossom: :disco::cheer::toast:

Serimel
October 28th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Congratulations!

Thanks! :blossom:

Wow, serious hair envy on my part!

Congratulations with your hairiversary! The progress really shows :blossom: :disco::cheer::toast:

Yay, thank you so much! It's so encouraging to hear the progress shows. :)

vpatt
October 28th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Congratulations! Your hair and new styles are amazing!

Serimel
October 29th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Congratulations! Your hair and new styles are amazing!

Thank you for your sweet words! :heartbeat

Suze
October 29th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Amazing hair and amazing hairstyles! Wow! You can really see the improvement aswell. Great job.

spidermom
October 29th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Wow - looking good!

QueenMab
October 29th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Wow, seeing everyone's progress since joining is so inspiring! :o

CindyOfTheOaks
October 29th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Congratulations !
The pics are marvelous :)

Jo Ann
October 29th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Well done, Serimel!

Your hair looks gorgeous! Your hairstyles show a lot of versatility, too!

Borgessa
October 30th, 2017, 02:18 AM
Your hair is beautiful.. I really love your buns :)

Rushli
October 30th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Your braids and buns are wonderful! I think I have worn my hair in 3 buns this year and 99.9% of the time it was just in a nautilus. lol. I think you have inspired me to go do something new, even if it is just for today.

Serimel
October 30th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Amazing hair and amazing hairstyles! Wow! You can really see the improvement aswell. Great job.

Thank you Suze <3

Wow - looking good!

Thanks! :flower:

Wow, seeing everyone's progress since joining is so inspiring! :o

Anniversary threads have been my favourites since I joined. Nothing gives motivation like seeing others progress!

Congratulations !
The pics are marvelous :)

Thank you! :blossom:

Well done, Serimel!

Your hair looks gorgeous! Your hairstyles show a lot of versatility, too!

Thank you, that is nice to hear! :)

Your hair is beautiful.. I really love your buns :)

Thanks a lot!

Your braids and buns are wonderful! I think I have worn my hair in 3 buns this year and 99.9% of the time it was just in a nautilus. lol. I think you have inspired me to go do something new, even if it is just for today.

Yay, your comment made me really happy! :)

Reyn127
October 31st, 2017, 11:04 AM
Wow! You already started off with great hair, but it looks so good these days with all your care! Good job.

And your hairstyles are so pretty! Makes me feel like I need to take more pictures of my own, hehe.

Serimel
November 1st, 2017, 11:21 AM
Thank you Reyn :blossom:

alimc
November 1st, 2017, 12:24 PM
Gorgeous! The texture of your hair is just lovely. And you have learned a lot of beautiful up-doos in a year, great skills. Congratulations... :happydance:

embee
November 1st, 2017, 05:12 PM
Beautiful braided buns! Most impressive. :)

Shanawavy
November 2nd, 2017, 04:42 AM
Congratulations! Lovely hair, your hair texture is so pretty, especially. Thanks for sharing your routine as well.

Serimel
November 3rd, 2017, 09:54 AM
Gorgeous! The texture of your hair is just lovely. And you have learned a lot of beautiful up-doos in a year, great skills. Congratulations... :happydance:

Thank you very much! :heartbeat

Beautiful braided buns! Most impressive. :)

Thanks a lot! :blossom:

Congratulations! Lovely hair, your hair texture is so pretty, especially. Thanks for sharing your routine as well.

Thank you! I used to hate my texture before lhc. It feels good that here all hair types are appreciated.