PDA

View Full Version : CO-washing

tjaska88
October 27th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone,

I really must say, that I don’t know very much about co-wash. Can somebody explain, why is that so great, procedure and when must I use shampoo. What are + and - of cowashing? And which conditioner do u recommend for co-wash? Moisture, proteine????

I really don’t want to use shampoo everytime, I wash my hair 2x per week.. How do u cowash, how pften do u use shampoo (routine, 1 co-wash, 1 shampoo or less or more)...

Thaks for your answers!!!

TatsuOni
October 27th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Check out this thread :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

tjaska88
October 27th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Check out this thread :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

Thank u very much!

Dark40
October 29th, 2017, 04:11 PM
I co-wash 3 times per week. Whenever I co-wash I just use any cheap drugstore conditioner on the market. I use sometime like, Garnier Fructis or Pantene Pro-V. Or, Alberto VO5, and I do a deep moisturizing conditioning once or twice a week as well. The kind of deep moisturizing conditioner I use is Queen Helene's Cholesterol Conditioning Cream, and my light protein conditioner I use is the ORS Replenishing Conditoner. I use that only once a week.

vpatt
October 29th, 2017, 04:31 PM
When I was co-washing I had the best luck with Suave Coconut Conditioner and Tresemme Naturals. Tresemme stopped making the one I used. No long ago I tried the Suave and it did not work as well as it did before, I'm not sure if they changed their formula. I stopped because my hair began shedding, but I later came to realize that the shedding was from weight loss. So I may try again at some point. My problem now would be finding a conditioner that works as well as my old favorites that are no longer available.

Oh I did have another one I loved. As I Am Coconut Co-Wash. I believe it is pricier, but oh my it smells yummy.

Dark40
October 29th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Yea, I think they did change the formula in Suave. I've never tried it before but they are always changing up formulas in products. Oh yeah, I also think that hair shedding can be caused by weight loss. I remember a teacher at the high school I attended had Classic Length hair, and she was a big 300lb person, and her weight had dropped down to looking like 150lbs, and I had noticed that she had either went through the big chop. Or, her hair started shedding, and she just decided to cut off all her hair up to her shoulders.

leayellena
October 30th, 2017, 01:23 AM
I co-wash since 2 months only once a week and I don´t have build-ups (ok a flake or 2, yeah but not the whole freaking scalp!). maybe I found the holy grail of conditioners for me... er... I mean hair mask. or wait, hair mask and conditioner are much alike because of ingredients. hmm :D

Pumpkin3826
December 8th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I bought some cleansing conditioner from the Renpure brand. I like it so far. I am not sure if that qualifying as a Co-washing. I do it once a week, I use it in place of my shampoo and conditioner I used to use. So I have not used shampoo for a few months now and I just put about 30 pumps of the cleansing conditioner in. I start with 10 pumps and rub it on my scalp and roots, then I do 10 more pumps through my mid length then 10 on the ends. I let it sit in the rest of my shower, I will clip up my hair in a top knot just so it does not accidentally rinse out while I wash my face, body etc. I found my hair was getting to dry and staticky now that it is winter, so I thought this would be something fun to try to see if it help moisturize my hair. I was pleasantly surprised. I have even done this to rinse out coconut oil from my hair and it works great, it does not leave it too oily but leaves it feeling cleansed while still conditioning it. I highly recommend them!! :joy: