PDA

View Full Version : Virgin red from virgin blonde?

YumiYume
October 27th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Long story short, i’ve been taking hairvitamins for 2 month and i got newgrowth next to my forehead (temples?) and a few strands in my neck that is awesomly RED !!!!!

My father told me that i had red hair as a baby, but it turned blonde growing up. Dark blonde as an adult.

however, i showed it to a redheaded guest and he said he lost his color once but got it back after taking vitamin D in a multivitamin tablett. I, have always had problem with digestive problems and never stayed on taking suppliments eather long enough to find out any color change.

i googled myself blue and found that a redhead can loose the red color, but get it it back with some vitamins, and among them there was biotin. My suppliments have biotin in, which could explain the red.

i now take vitamin D in coconutoil (d should be taken with fat, i bought this after i got the red) and this hairvitamin (silicea= selen, silica, zink, biotin) but im going to change it to:

same vit.D, innate response food multi 3 (i think the name was) it contains more biotin and also contains the other ingridients (exept silica) and a lot of other vitamins that i read is good for the hair. Then take Omega3, msm and silica seperate :) it was hard finding a multivitamin that had so much ingridients , it is also frome only food so the body should be able to take it in good.

Is there anyone who wants to do this vitamin experiment with me?

LadyCelestina
October 27th, 2017, 10:47 AM
I'm a bit skeptical, any chances they are just stained from dye or hard water? :) (you dye your hair red, or am I wrong)

Anyway I wouldn't just blindly take whatever supplements unless you have a deficiency or can keep in check with the doctor. You only have one liver :D

browneyedsusan
October 27th, 2017, 11:56 AM
My natural red faded with age. It's ash brown now.
I also have a friend who experienced the same thing. (But, she has 3 carrot-headed children!)
I think it's fairly common for hormones and age to change hair color. Especially redheads. :)

ETA: I take vitamin D with my calcium supplement, but have heard that some people take high doses of the stuff? I'm cautious about overdoing. Some vitamins can be harmful in large quantities?

YumiYume
October 27th, 2017, 01:21 PM
I have checked the vitamins carefully and it is not overdozing anything dangerous ^^ the multivitamin seems really good and is made from raw food. The vitamin d is actully a doctor who i been talking to, we in sweden dont get anything from the sun exept the warmest days in summer and i dont go out then XD.

Yes i did color red, so it could be the case, but i dont get a dye relese when i clean with conditioner. And I tried to take it out with vitamin c, it stained my virgin hair a bit yellow, (but the color didnt go off the hair) but not red :)

Red do run in my family, father and brother have red beards and my ”ladyhair” have a red tint

My baby is a carrot head too ^^

Ive also heard that red fades with age, but also that the body doesnt take up as much vitamins as we get older
So I think it is still worth finding out :)!

YumiYume
October 27th, 2017, 02:09 PM
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/22814209_10213012843090255_985106083632801791_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=705e7781d2f7af1ad24a69d058bb40d8&oe=5A787427

Here is a picture ^^ could it really just be red stain? Shouldnt the whithe be stained to then :confused:

I really hope it is a natural color, i really like it :o

Edit: this picture is taken before i tried to get more of the red out, so it is all virgin outgrowth :)

lapushka
October 27th, 2017, 03:04 PM
I think it's quite a big claim to make that the color change is from vitamins, all while you're dyeing your hair red. Seems a bit... odd to me. :confused:

Dendra
October 27th, 2017, 03:14 PM
It's a very pretty colour, though I can't say where it's coming from - when did you last dye your hair? Good luck with your vitamin journey :)

YumiYume
October 27th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Lapushka: I havent really claimed it as a fact, more like a ”what if” and i want to find out and wonders if anywone wants to join as an experiment. It could be stained as mentioned before, but it could be mine to :/ i dont dye it red, it was a misshap from a hairdresser, so yes, it is colored once dark red as you ser near my fingers but i dont re-color it :/

Dendra: thank you, i like it to, i dont know eather but i have this theory i want to try :). I colored it last time in may (i think it was) and have been growing virgin since then. (I had 4 years of virgin hair at that point) It doesnt release dye when i co wash, and i wash like 2-3 times a month. The whites are white, so they give me hope thats it is mine :) it is however only new growth so it can also be like thats the only place it will be on. Thank you, if it doesnt work i get helthier than i am now at least haha

lapushka
October 27th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Lapushka: I havent really claimed it as a fact, more like a ”what if” and i want to find out and wonders if anywone wants to join as an experiment. It could be stained as mentioned before, but it could be mine to :/ i dont dye it red, it was a misshap from a hairdresser, so yes, it is colored once dark red as you ser near my fingers but i dont re-color it :/

Oh OK, that's a little clearer to me then. Because I couldn't make sense of it. I think it just might be the remnants of the dye, I think that's the most common explanation for this. I doubt it that a lack of vitamins can do something to your hair color. Hormones? For sure, but vitamin shortage? IDK.

Beckstar
October 27th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Oh OK, that's a little clearer to me then. Because I couldn't make sense of it. I think it just might be the remnants of the dye, I think that's the most common explanation for this. I doubt it that a lack of vitamins can do something to your hair color. Hormones? For sure, but vitamin shortage? IDK.

I've had a few hairs that are grey on the end and brown at the root. This is hair that is still attached to my head.

Anje
October 27th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Interesting, and pretty! My hair went from deep red to brunette somewhere in my mid-20s. It's be cool if it came back, but I doubt it will.

LadyCelestina
October 28th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Idk, to me it looks stained from something... especially since it's lighter at the roots, or maybe that's just a reflection. The hairs around the temples are quite porous.

And the blonde being blonde just adds to the stain idea, since I don't think hair would change colour in spots.

But if it's really a natural hair colour change, then yay for you to be back to your childhood colour :). Actually, I've seen some long hair bloggers talking about it - Emi Longhairedatheart (longhairedatheart.blogspot.com) claims her colour went redder, but to be fair she was growing out dye after not seeing her colour for a long time. Lady Igor (igorsbelltower.blogspot.com) once posted on her blog about her hair changing to slightly reddish over the years.

Not to scare you, but hair changing colour could be also a sign of some diseases. For example I have one that can cause hair to go lighter (blonde/reddish) if not treated. It's a rare metabolic disease diagnosed at birth, so you don't have it don't worry xD but changes to haircolour can definitely mean something is wrong.

YumiYume
October 28th, 2017, 03:30 AM

English is not my main language so it is hard to explain :) if it is the chemicals that got sucked in my scalp, its realy frightenig. But yes it could be stained from sleeping/washing or something :/

I've had a few hairs that are grey on the end and brown at the root. This is hair that is still attached to my head.

Wow :D!!

Interesting, and pretty! My hair went from deep red to brunette somewhere in my mid-20s. It's be cool if it came back, but I doubt it will.

Sounds super pretty! Do you want to try this with me ^^? Just make sure to do your reserch before shoosing multivitamin :)

Idk, to me it looks stained from something... especially since it's lighter at the roots, or maybe that's just a reflection. The hairs around the temples are quite porous.

And the blonde being blonde just adds to the stain idea, since I don't think hair would change colour in spots.

But if it's really a natural hair colour change, then yay for you to be back to your childhood colour :). Actually, I've seen some long hair bloggers talking about it - Emi Longhairedatheart (longhairedatheart.blogspot.com) claims her colour went redder, but to be fair she was growing out dye after not seeing her colour for a long time. Lady Igor (igorsbelltower.blogspot.com) once posted on her blog about her hair changing to slightly reddish over the years.

Not to scare you, but hair changing colour could be also a sign of some diseases. For example I have one that can cause hair to go lighter (blonde/reddish) if not treated. It's a rare metabolic disease diagnosed at birth, so you don't have it don't worry xD but changes to haircolour can definitely mean something is wrong.

Yes it could be stained, but i wont find out until a few month if it keeps growing red or not :P
My hair have different shades al over and my temples are light, but the window light adds lightness to it
I dont think i have a haircolor changing illness, but i do have problems with my belly so there is stuff i cant eat :/

I dont have pictures of me as a child, but i do remember seeing some where my hair turned red with white light-spots due to the flash, i thought it was cool but mom told me it was only the cameraflash. Other pictures is blond as child and i havent seen my hair in baby pictures so i have only fathers memory of it :/

Sounds amazing i will read their bloggs, thank you ^^

—————-

The experiment will make me helthier to so there is only good out of this experiment :)

lapushka
October 28th, 2017, 06:40 AM
English is not my main language so it is hard to explain :) if it is the chemicals that got sucked in my scalp, its realy frightenig. But yes it could be stained from sleeping/washing or something :/

Chemicals can't penetrate your scalp to the point were it lies dormant to color "new" hair that is growing in. :)

YumiYume
October 28th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Chemicals can't penetrate your scalp to the point were it lies dormant to color "new" hair that is growing in. :)

Thats good, i got a bit scared haha

lapushka
October 28th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Thats good, i got a bit scared haha

Don't be! Chemicals aren't *that* bad. LOL But I get it. I used to be that way with silicones when I thought they were bad and the enemy. I had a separate "pile" of products that I never again wanted to touch. And look at me now, embracing all the silicones, all the time. LOL

YumiYume
October 29th, 2017, 01:35 AM
Lapushka: haha okey :)
I do co so i cant use silicones but i do have a clarifying schampo i use if i have and if im to lazy ;)
I have some home i dont want to touch to the point it makes me feel like my belly is twisting and i want to puke. I found out that my favorit conditioner is animal testing and i cant stand to see the bottles (tresemme) -_-

Dendra
October 29th, 2017, 12:32 PM
It's interesting what you say about a lack of vitamins potentially making a redhead lose their colour, because when I was undernourished (anaemic and underweight), my hair seemed to turn red and I also googled myself into a frenzy and found a little bit of info to back this up. I think it was only one source though. Since then, I've realised and accepted (happily) that my hair has a natural a red tone to it and has done since childhood, so it probably wasn't the lack of vitamins.

The moral of this long(!) story is that I think when you google things for long enough you can find sources to support a theory either way. But don't get me wrong, that ginger colour at your temples could well be natural, and I hope it is as you like it :) Seems to me from family and friends that ginger hair at the temples (and in men's beards) is way more common than on other places on the head.

YumiYume
October 30th, 2017, 04:41 AM
Dendra: thank you for charing :)! Haha i see, to be honest, i only found one sourse to back it up online (a red head webpage) and a redhead man who visitid said he lost his color but got it back with vitamin d, but that wasnt on the page online. And he took a multivitamin so it contains other things to. So i see what you meen with the google :)

Its just that i have never seen red at my temples before and i never colored roots until they were like at my ears so i should have notised it, as a child i always had it up in a ponytail so templehair was always shown but no red. but, it looks like new growth that could be from hairvitamins, or as lapushka said, hormones. My youngest is now 7 month and my birthcontrol is hormon-thing so it could be that too.

If it is mine, Iit would be sad if i only get it at my temples as you say is most common haha XD

But the result of this experiment should show in half a year maby? I guess it takes time for the body to adjust if it works :)

I just got my omega 3 home so i started today ^^

enting
October 30th, 2017, 02:44 PM
My hair has gone a bit reddish too, but I also use vinegar rinses and have hard water. It just seems to also be coming from the roots, so sometimes I wonder if my hair is actually changing color. I do have health issues and I do take supplements, so :shrug: maybe? Various things in your system can show up in your hair, so perhaps in theory supplementing with a multivitamin/multimineral could have some color effect?

Dark40
November 2nd, 2017, 03:24 PM
Interesting! My hair went from cold black from a baby to a brown when I was a toddler. Then, when I got to teenage years my hair darkened back up to a dark brown. But now, I dye it red.

YumiYume
November 3rd, 2017, 11:49 AM
My hair has gone a bit reddish too, but I also use vinegar rinses and have hard water. It just seems to also be coming from the roots, so sometimes I wonder if my hair is actually changing color. I do have health issues and I do take supplements, so :shrug: maybe? Various things in your system can show up in your hair, so perhaps in theory supplementing with a multivitamin/multimineral could have some color effect?

Oh interesting :D! Do you think you could skip using vinegar for a month to see if it keeps being red at the roots :)?
It would be very fasinating if red neads vitamin boost :) that is true, and the hair is also the first thing the body stops caring about in helth issues. Thank you for sharing :o

I nead to finish eating my current suppliment before i buy the new ones, so it will take me longer to find out haha

Interesting! My hair went from cold black from a baby to a brown when I was a toddler. Then, when I got to teenage years my hair darkened back up to a dark brown. But now, I dye it red.

That is interesting thank you for sharing :)!

enting
November 5th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Do you think you could skip using vinegar for a month to see if it keeps being red at the roots :)?

If I switch to white vinegar for a while or skip the vinegar I'll let you know if I see any changes :). It probably won't be for a while since I just restocked my vinegar supply, but for next time I'll keep it in mind. For science!

YumiYume
November 5th, 2017, 01:28 PM
If I switch to white vinegar for a while or skip the vinegar I'll let you know if I see any changes :). It probably won't be for a while since I just restocked my vinegar supply, but for next time I'll keep it in mind. For science!

Haha okey, thank you! Yes in the name of science :D!!