PDA

View Full Version : Hair Strand Thickness Question

callebest
October 26th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Hi. I have a question. I was wondering can hair Strand Thickness change or has my density decreased due to stressful life? Like in 2011 I was 17 but suddenly due to some problems the year after the thickness of my hair decreased. I was wondering can hair Strand Thickness change at all?

lapushka
October 26th, 2017, 02:20 PM
I have no idea, but I don't think you can go from C hair to F hair or the other way round, unless there is puberty involved and hormonal changes. They can do a lot, and if you were 17, that's "that age", you know.

callebest
October 26th, 2017, 02:53 PM
I have no idea, but I don't think you can go from C hair to F hair or the other way round, unless there is puberty involved and hormonal changes. They can do a lot, and if you were 17, that's "that age", you know.

So the strands can change thickness?

lapushka
October 26th, 2017, 03:15 PM
So the strands can change thickness?

Did they? If that's your experience, it *can* happen. Right? ;)

callebest
October 26th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Did they? If that's your experience, it *can* happen. Right? ;)

😁 😁 I don't know honestly as I never paid attention before but I feel as if my hair is less dense on top than a few years ago so I don't know if I have lost density or if my strands are gone thinner.

Dendra
October 26th, 2017, 05:38 PM
My strands definitely changed thickness during puberty. Usually when thickness has decreased I would suspect that the number of strands has lessened rather than their individual thickness, but seeing as you were 17 it could have been hormonal changes like lapushka says.

parkmikii
October 27th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Yes they can change. I am going through a hormonal mess right now because of PCOS and most of my shed hairs are about double in thickness at the ends compared to the root.

lapushka
October 27th, 2017, 04:23 AM
Yes they can change. I am going through a hormonal mess right now because of PCOS and most of my shed hairs are about double in thickness at the ends compared to the root.

I'm sorry to hear that! :( I hope it gets better for you! :flower:

Chiquita Banana
October 27th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Yes, your hair thickness can change due to anything from puberty to menopause (or any hormonal change really), taking a certain medication, or due to illness, or just by eating a healthier diet.