PDA

View Full Version : Does Cassia pull existing color from hair?

maryva
October 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Just curious if it would be better to color first or use cassia first? And has anyone noticed cassia pulling any of their chemical color out? Thank you!

jojo
October 28th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I dont have chemical dyed hair but cassia only changes white or pale blond hair by casting a yellow tone to it. I have dark blond hair with a few lighter natural highlights, I got golden hues, but they do fade. With darker hair you should not notice a difference in colour, only in thickness and shine.

redtea
October 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I can't say for sure since I never tried cassia when I was chemically coloring my hair, but in my experience, darker dyes faded fast enough on my hair as it was so I'd always be hesitant to put anything on it, like oils or cassia. If you do try it, let us know how your color holds up. I'm curious!

akurah
October 28th, 2008, 02:24 PM
It *might* temporarily make the hair look brighter (due to the yellow dye) even on darker hair, but it won't pull out color and the brightening is a temporary effect.

ktani
October 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I have read nothing to indicate that cassia pulls colour, just the opposite. When used with acidic ingredients like orange juice and undiluted honey, cassia has been reported to add red/gold tones to hair.

Used with distilled water only in a honey lightening recipe and not allowed to dye release, it has been reported add no colour to the hair, only conditioning effects.

It depends on how it is prepared.

Cassia has been reported to add brassy tones to hair that have lingered. However, in a honey lightening treatment with distilled water, as described above, the treatment lightened and removed the red/gold, that a cassia treatment alone, had added to the hair.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=13332