PDA

View Full Version : Does pumpkin work?

HollowHannah
October 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I've just read the link in wolf girl's thread and found something about pumpkin seeds stopping hair falling out. Can anyone vouch for it? I don't feel like piling a lot of messy goop on my hair for no reason hehe:D.

Also, how would you do it? I was thinking you'd have to get them straight from the pumpkin. Best time of year really lol.

spidermom
October 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
You eat them.

Wavelength
October 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM
If that's true then my hair is never falling out. I eat pumpkin seeds in my homemade granola every morning.

HollowHannah
October 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Shows how silly I am lol. Here's me thinking I have to dump ounces of pumpkin on my head when all you have to do is eat them haha. thanks guys.

bunnii
October 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I eat them, you get them in health food shops. Go for the greenest ones you can find, they're have the best um good stuff in them :D and they taste like nuts so bonus!

luciole
October 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I love pumpkin seeds but it didnīt stop my hair falling out.:(

spidermom
October 28th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Shows how silly I am lol. Here's me thinking I have to dump ounces of pumpkin on my head when all you have to do is eat them haha. thanks guys.

You're not the only one, I'm sure. There's probably somebody in her kitchen right now blenderizing pumpkin seeds, getting ready to make a hair mask out of them.

Elenna
October 28th, 2008, 02:27 PM
There are a lot of remedies to stop hair loss. I'd guess that eating pumpkin seeds is an easy one to do. :pumpkin:

truepeacenik
October 28th, 2008, 06:33 PM
blenderizing... I need to remember that.
but pumpkin seed encrusted tofu is delish (in Vegan with a Venegance)

Gumball
October 28th, 2008, 09:26 PM
How about we change eating pumpkin seeds to eating pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream? I personally think around this time of year that should be a perfectly good option. If we tell ourselves it'll help our hair then maybe we'll even get a good placebo effect going!

andrea1982
October 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I love making roasted pumpkin seeds every halloween... I hope any benefits still withstand the roasting process!

longhairedfairy
October 28th, 2008, 09:31 PM
How about we change eating pumpkin seeds to eating pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream? I personally think around this time of year that should be a perfectly good option. If we tell ourselves it'll help our hair then maybe we'll even get a good placebo effect going!

Yeah! I adore pumpkin pie!

gdimoonbeam
October 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM

I have pumpkin icecream, now I have an excuce to polish it off:pumpkin:

ChloeDharma
October 29th, 2008, 06:25 AM
The seeds are a great source of essential fatty acids as well as a host of other goodies, the fleh is rich in carotenes, both of which could be good for hair growth especially if there is any deficiency already there.
You can buy pumpkin seed oil both the liquid and also in capsule form to take as a supplement.
I'd say the best thing to do is ingest it, but i think using the oil in scalp blends might also be a good idea, as well as, not instead of obviously. :)

Katze
October 29th, 2008, 06:32 AM
blenderizing... I need to remember that.
but pumpkin seed encrusted tofu is delish (in Vegan with a Venegance)

Recipe? Please?

I eat a lot of pumpkin seeds - pumpkin seed bread is my favorite. And pumpkin seeds in morning hot cereal, with some organic milk and rice syrup! My hair does seem to be growing like mad, but that could be the pregnancy hormones.

Nuts in general are good for you, but from what I understand there is a lot of magnesium as well as other goodies in pumpkin seeds. Here is a nutritional chart:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=82

Shanarana
October 29th, 2008, 06:40 AM
At least there is no shortage of pumpkins this time of year.