PDA

View Full Version : Hair Typing Help Please

KlutzyChy1
October 19th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Can anyone help me figure out what my hair type is exactly & perhaps what I could change in my routine to better take care of & enhance my natural texture. I've been thinking I might be wavier than I originally thought? I'm still so new to hair care & am absolutely clueless. This is my hair after its been left to air dry all day before I combed/detangled it. Thank you!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/5VL5Ma.jpg (http://imageshack.com/f/pm5VL5Maj)

spidermom
October 19th, 2017, 07:39 PM
I'm going with 2A. It's definitely wavy but there are no defined s-waves. I'm surprised you don't have iii for the thickness. It's pretty. I like the color changes.

lapushka
October 20th, 2017, 04:22 AM
I think 1c/2a. Possibly 2a.

But hang on until more people have "voted". :)

KlutzyChy1
October 20th, 2017, 07:42 AM
I'm going with 2A. It's definitely wavy but there are no defined s-waves. I'm surprised you don't have iii for the thickness. It's pretty. I like the color changes.

Thank you so much ❤. Is there a certain way someone with wavy hair is supposed to detangle their hair as opposed to someone with straighter hair? I find when I detangle, my hair tends to get 'poofy' & straightens out a bit more. & I measured my ponytail & I have a 3.5/3.75" circumference without my bangs. I'm hoping that that will thicken back up to the way it used to be once my baby hairs grow out more.

KlutzyChy1
October 20th, 2017, 07:44 AM
I think 1c/2a. Possibly 2a.

But hang on until more people have "voted". :)

I put 2a when I joined the forum but just wanted to see other people's opinions since my hair is damaged & tends to get poofy & straighter when I comb it. But I think I may have been right about my hair texture, which is crazy for me because I still know so little about hair care lol.

spidermom
October 20th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Thank you so much ❤. Is there a certain way someone with wavy hair is supposed to detangle their hair as opposed to someone with straighter hair? I find when I detangle, my hair tends to get 'poofy' & straightens out a bit more. & I measured my ponytail & I have a 3.5/3.75" circumference without my bangs. I'm hoping that that will thicken back up to the way it used to be once my baby hairs grow out more.

My routine was to comb my hair while I had conditioner in it, also while rinsing. Then I'd do my best not to tangle my hair while it was drying, which could be pretty challenging since it would take hours when it was long. Then I'd comb it out before braiding or bunning it, using aloe vera gel or styling gel to smooth the fly-aways on the surface and help the style to hold. I had the same issue - it got very poufy when I combed it, but then it would take on bun or braid waves.

Dendra
October 21st, 2017, 01:48 PM
I would also say 1c/2a. Your hair is very pretty, that much I know :)

KlutzyChy1
October 21st, 2017, 02:19 PM
I would also say 1c/2a. Your hair is very pretty, that much I know :)

Awe, thank you so much. ❤ I guess I was right about my hair type after all it seems. Maybe I'm not as clueless as I thought when it comes to my hair hehe

Dendra
October 21st, 2017, 02:26 PM
Haha, I'm sure you aren't :o