PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo and Conditioner

tjaska88
October 18th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Hy,

i would really like to hear from u, which Shampoo and Conditioner are u using. Currently I am using Joico K-pak line shampoo, Conditioner Joico Moisture Line.
I am a bit worries, because K-pak is a strong line I am terrified of protein overload.
When do you know is too much protein, I am really worried.

What is your opinion, how long can u use so strong line with protein?
Did you experienced protein overload, how to prevent this?
When u know its enough... About your routine, how often do u use proteins in your routine???

Thanks for your opinions.... 😀

lapushka
October 19th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Switch it up with a different shampoo and conditioner if you're that worried, which it sounds like you are.

Any drugstore shampoo/conditioner will do. But if you need the tangles out and are prone to them, I would go with a conditioner for dry damaged hair (those are the most moisturizing on the market) - only use conditioner from ears down, though!

tjaska88
October 19th, 2017, 04:59 AM
[QUOTE=lapushka;3471214]Switch it up with a different shampoo and conditioner if you're that worried, which it sounds like you are.

Any drugstore shampoo/conditioner will do. But if you need the tangles out and are prone to them, I would go with a conditioner for dry damaged hair (those are the most moisturizing on the market) - only use conditioner from ears down, though![/QUOTE

Will do that, thanks:)

Dark40
October 19th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I second lapushka. Switch up on your shampoo and conditioner from the drugstore. I use any cheap brand shampoo and conditioner like Pantene Pro-V or Garnier Fructis.

DoomKitty
October 23rd, 2017, 05:52 PM
I'm currently using Marc Anthony Strengthening shampoo and condtioner. Not cheap ($20 Aus) but a little bit goes a long way and my hair seems to like it.

katydid317
October 23rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
I tried shampoo bars this summer and I really liked them at first but after awhile there just seemed to always be gunk that wouldn't rinse out so I've gone back to what's worked well for me for years. Head and shoulders itchy scalp care and occasionally a bit of tresemme conditioner. I don't condition every time I shampoo because my hair tends to get greasy fast and also it's very fine so conditioning too often can just make it flat and blah.

Andthetalltrees
October 23rd, 2017, 11:09 PM
Garnier green apple and green tea shampoo, Aussie moist for my first conditioner and Aussie 3MM for my second. These work perfectly for me and my hair, For some reason I want to change things and get some Tresemme products though haha.

queenbee1
October 24th, 2017, 04:39 AM
I've experienced protein overload and I just clarify. Also I like to keep my protein products to once a week now to prevent that from happening again. Although with heavier protein treatments you might want to keep it once a month.

lapushka
October 24th, 2017, 05:12 AM
I've experienced protein overload and I just clarify. Also I like to keep my protein products to once a week now to prevent that from happening again. Although with heavier protein treatments you might want to keep it once a month.

Once a week, if I may, is still a lot for protein, especially if you have overload already with it. Personally, I would do protein once every 2 weeks and not more.

DoomKitty
October 24th, 2017, 05:01 PM
More curiosity than anything, I've noticed that a lot of people here use Tresemme and Pantene. I'm wondering if we have a different formula here in Australia as I've had quite a few people say (and with Tresemme noticed myself) that they leave their hair feeling like it's coated in plastic.

daywalker
October 24th, 2017, 07:31 PM
I use Renpure Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner. Every other day I use an anti-dandruff shampoo (because I constantly have that issue due to possibly thyroid). My hair is really protein sensitive and I can't use anything that prominently features protein or says "strengthening". My hair gets crunchy and dull looking and is impossible to detangle. Argan oil and olive oil are the only things I can put in that don't make my hair crunchy.

marvel-lover
October 25th, 2017, 08:51 AM
I love herbal essences. They just came out with a line that uses rosemary and other herbs. It's wonderful, because Rosemary is my holy grail for my hair!

ko6kin
October 25th, 2017, 08:35 PM
For about 5-6 years I use Pretty Cat products only and very happy with them, look at the photo, not bad for dyed hair? Pretty Cat shampoo and conditioner +serum on the ends, just washed and slightly dried, no styling, not even brushed yet.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22688491_1450381595016127_21356128970802780_n.jpg? oh=cc33734accb3e76cdc3c02ba2d6af4cf&oe=5A70042D