PDA

View Full Version : "It doesn't grow if you keep cutting it"

Alibran
October 18th, 2017, 10:19 AM
This is obvious to us all here, of course, but I never expected to hear it from the person who said it today.

My stylist.

Seriously, my stylist said that.

I went in to get my roots done, expecting a lecture about the 'state of my ends', especially now it's been 7 months since it was last cut, but she just shrugged her shoulders. "It doesn't grow if you keep cutting it," she told me. And she didn't offer to straighten it, didn't drag a comb through it, and diffused dry on low heat.

I think I've found a keeper :D :D

queenbee1
October 18th, 2017, 10:46 AM
This is obvious to us all here, of course, but I never expected to hear it from the person who said it today.

My stylist.

I went in to get my roots done, expecting a lecture about the 'state of my ends', especially now it's been 7 months since it was last cut, but she just shrugged her shoulders. "It doesn't grow if you keep cutting it," she told me. And she didn't offer to straighten it, didn't drag a comb through it, and diffused dry on low heat.

Oh she's a keeper indeed! That's a first ��

lapushka
October 18th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Yeah duh; to us it's well-known, but it's a rarity coming from a hairdresser that is set to make as much money as possible. Maybe she only felt like color today. :) Who knows. Sounds like she might be a winner, though!

Dark40
October 18th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Yes, that is very well-known here, "It doesn't grow if you keep cutting it." Yeah, it also does sound like she's a winner to me too! I am surprised that a hairdresser would tell you that these days. Knowing that most hairdressers want to make more money by cutting and coloring.

spidermom
October 18th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Definitely a keeper.

I had my ends trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks between pixie to BSL, though. My stylist was careful to cut less than it grew. Having even thick ends was important to me.

tjaska88
October 18th, 2017, 12:56 PM

My stylist.

Wow, what surprises me at most, is that she didnt put too much heat on your hair and she didn't comb through much.
Most of hairdressers want just rush through quickly, fulll heat, comb harshly, that they can overdoo many clients...
About haicut, I say so.. when u need one, is fine, when they cut it off, but I find 3mm with my split end trimmer every 2 months works for me. I am in no need for it...hairdresser 😀

alimc
October 19th, 2017, 02:31 AM
Brilliant!!

My friends daughter was told by her granny she needed to cut her waist length hair so it would start growing again... after i got over my initial confusion we had a quick chat about the basic physics of hair growth... :laugh:

Isobibbel
October 19th, 2017, 03:50 AM
I've never in my life gotten a hair dresser to listen to me and leave the length. it's always an unnecessary amount chopped off and i always got layers.
not been to a hairdresser in over a year and only just grown the layers they inflicted on me out >:(

TatsuOni
October 19th, 2017, 04:42 AM
She sounds like a great hair dresser!

lunalocks
October 20th, 2017, 10:28 AM
I found a keeper, too. It helps if your hairdresser has long hair! When I told her I wanted minimal cut off (about every 2 months) she trimmed 1/4 inch, allowing for both growth and even ends. She would clip up my hair so I could sit under the dryer on low and just warm. She taught me to S and D. That was all before I found LHC.

This got my hair from mid back to hip, longer than I'd ever grown it. Since then, I've pretty much just let it grow, had very few trims and have treated it well and kept it up. I'm about 4 inches above knee right now.

lapushka
October 21st, 2017, 03:29 PM
We used to go to this hair dresser temporarily. She had wavy/curly braided hair (all along her back). She was all for chopping hair, though! So you can't always tell by how they wear their hair. Just FYI. :flower: