PDA

View Full Version : Any arabic LHCer?

saddamna
October 14th, 2017, 07:45 AM
I want to know how do you feel about hair measuremwnts and milestones?and what is your goals?

lapushka
October 14th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Can only Arab LHCers answer? :) I'm not Arab.

I think I hit my milestone once and now regrowing is much more relaxed for me. I also don't measure.

saddamna
October 14th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Oh no.every body are welcome for sure
I ask because I am arabic and for us long hair is very pericious and it's very common to see it so around me they even don't consider wl hair long.
Another thing I want to know how LHC tips agree or disagree with our tradition hair care.

Aredhel
October 14th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I don't know anything about Arabian hair care but you guys must be doing something right since every long haired Arabic person that I've ever met has had amazing hair.:)

Regarding milestones and measurements...I don't really take measurements either. I usually hit milestones or body markers very quickly because I'm short and have a short torso on top of that. :) My goal is fingertip...should take around 2 years to get there.

littlestarface
October 14th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I want to know how do you feel about hair measurements and milestones?and what is your goals?

I think honestly it's just a waste of time, for me I just let it grow put it up and forget about it. Constantly checking how many centimeters 2 hairs have grown is just not for me. My goal is too just let it grow long and have nice ends.

I think WL is not long, but to me long is past knee length.

LadyCelestina
October 14th, 2017, 11:04 AM
I heard that Arabian people are very meticulous with haircare, and that you use a lot of homemade recipes and oils? :) Is that right?

*Wednesday*
October 14th, 2017, 11:12 AM
What are some traditional hair care regimens which are common? Does it vary by region (I.e. Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Lebanon)?

littlestarface
October 14th, 2017, 11:30 AM
What are some traditional hair care regimens which are common? Does it vary by region (I.e. Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Lebanon)?

Mostly its just henna and applying oils but there is some hair oil that it smells so good which is a hair fragrance called mukhamairia which is a blend to scent the hair.

lapushka
October 14th, 2017, 11:42 AM
I ask because I am arabic and for us long hair is very pericious and it's very common to see it so around me they even don't consider wl hair long.
Another thing I want to know how LHC tips agree or disagree with our tradition hair care.

Oh thank you, that's very nice of you! :o

I am for sure interested in Arabic hair care. I had no idea it was so different. I just thought you had the same kinds of conditioners and shampoos on the shelves and such.

*Wednesday*
October 14th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Mostly its just henna and applying oils but there is some hair oil that it smells so good which is a hair fragrance called mukhamairia which is a blend to scent the hair.

Thank you. ☺

pailin
October 15th, 2017, 02:42 AM

LHC has people using lots of different methods - some standard shampoo and conditioner (a lot of very cheap ones even), some people cone-free, sulfate-free, some people doing herb washing; a lot of people who henna; and plenty of other things. Many people here will tell you to do whatever is working well. Probably the biggest thing most people's haircare routines have in common is to treat your hair well and minimize damage so it can grow long. But also to balance that with being able to enjoy their hair.
I think if there are things you use and like for your hair but you don't see anyone here talking about them, if you start a thread about it, probably you'll find a bunch of people who want to try it.

amiraaah
October 15th, 2017, 05:14 AM
I'm Arabic (my dad is Egyptian and mommy is Moroccan).
My length now is mbl i don't feel that my hair is long or even avarege I feel it is too short as my mommy and grandmother have always had hip length hair or even longer it is common to see very long hair everywhere especially in morocco as I said my grandmommy is in her 60's and she never bleached, her hair is grey from root to tip and very long and is still growing maybe it is all about genes.and my goal is classic length which I reached once before and to grow all my baby hairs as I have tons and know that this will help me gain thickness.

amiraaah
October 15th, 2017, 05:31 AM
It differs,in egypt for example 90% of girls have heat styled and bleached hairs no girl just leaves her hair in a natural color or state as most of us have curly and black hair and there is a tendency among girls to look different so they bleach their hairs blonde or light brown or red...and this happens nowadays in the past girls used to take care of their hair and embrace their natural beauty,Lebanon is like Egypt as well..
In morocco it is quite different people are fond of natural hair care even men they talk a lot about homemade recipes for hair and skin as well.
In golf it's natural as well henna and something called (bokhor) my uncle's ex wife was from UE she used to have knee length hair she never used any towel on her hair to dry it she used to use tissue.
This is a long one I'm sorry 😃