PDA

View Full Version : How do you get more volume?

FallingDarkness
October 12th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Title says it all. I have very thick hair, but the longer it gets, the less poof I get as well. I didn't know if there was any way to rectify this :D

Love you all!!!

Ligeia Noire
October 12th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Yes, that happens to me too, I get a lot of volume after air drying, do you air dry?

FallingDarkness
October 12th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Not recently. It takes too long! I'll have to try that though, thanks :D

ghost pisces
October 13th, 2017, 12:11 AM
Do you oil your hair? I find that unsaturated oils will leave my hair with more volume than saturated oils (like coconut).

Ligeia Noire
October 13th, 2017, 06:19 AM
I do. I pre oil before shampoo to fight dry scalp and hair, not specifically for volume but it contributes, perhaps :)

lapushka
October 13th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Title says it all. I have very thick hair, but the longer it gets, the less poof I get as well. I didn't know if there was any way to rectify this :D

Love you all!!!

Blow drying with your head bent forward. That doesn't mean you need to blow dry it all from wet. You can let it airdry most of the time, then just the last 5 min. spin a dryer through it.

LadyCelestina
October 13th, 2017, 07:21 AM
These tricks are pretty much no-fail for me:

- Gently brush my roots and fluff them up with fingers.

- Put hair in a bun on top of head for a while.

- Put hair upside down and fluff the roots/scrunch the length.

-If really desperate or will be washing my hair soon, I take strands as close to roots as possible, lift them away and hairspray them in that position. Fluff gently afterwards to remove any stickiness.

eta: And I often have tons of volume at the roots if I just do a scalp only wash.