PDA

View Full Version : Between my Brother and I who has thicker hair?

ninjarambohd
October 11th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Hi all. Ok I want to settle a small debate I am having with my brother at the moment. He keeps telling me that my hair is thicker than him I on the other hand keep telling him we are both the same thickness. So I decided not to play judge and jury and ask all you wonderful people. The top picture is him the bottom one is me. What are your opinions?

https://s1.postimg.org/1nkvfsb88f/IMG_20171011_172229.jpg

Obsidian
October 11th, 2017, 10:43 AM
It's really hard to tell thickness from a picture but you two look about the same. You might be a little thicker but it could also be the way your hair is styled.

ninjarambohd
October 11th, 2017, 11:01 AM
It's really hard to tell thickness from a picture but you two look about the same. You might be a little thicker but it could also be the way your hair is styled.

Oh oh. If I'm a bit thicker I owe him 10 euros 😁

yahirwaO.o
October 11th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Well its so hard to tell since you both have extremely short hair, I wish I could help but its hard :P

lapushka
October 11th, 2017, 11:32 AM
No, hold that bet again until you both have ponytails and can indeed measure and tell for sure.

You just can't tell, it's a total guessing game at this point. One will say this, another will say that.

Beeboo123
October 11th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Try taking a photo of your cowlick, so we can see whose scalp skin is more easily visible?

Anje
October 11th, 2017, 12:43 PM
No, hold that bet again until you both have ponytails and can indeed measure and tell for sure.

I like this plan. It's hard to tell whether yours is thicker or if it's more prone to standing up. Short of growing ponytails, I think you need to get a piece of paper with a hole in it (perhaps from a hole punch for consistency), stick it over sections of hair all over the head, and count the number of follicles within the hole. If one of you has consistently more hair follicles in all locations, it's pretty good evidence that that person has thicker hair in terms of absolute number of hairs. However, if one of you has coarser hair than the other, number of follicles won't necessarily correspond to how fat a ponytail you can get; you'd need to decide before you start whether you're defining thickness by absolute number of hairs, or by visual thickness based on measured ponytail size.

Five of Five
October 11th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Both of you look like you have really thick hair, though it is difficult to judge at that length.

Your brother's hair looks finer and straighter than yours, which can give the illusion of thinner hair. But I think you are right - you both look like you have the same thickness :D

ninjarambohd
October 11th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I'm sorry for this meaningless thread just wanted to clarify things with my brother 😁 😁