PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for revising hair care tool and/or regime

haircare4days
October 10th, 2017, 08:57 PM
So I made a thread about this earlier but it seems to have just been lost because I can't find it anywhere, anyway so I've growing my hair out and just to about shoulder length, I don't use any products on it just cold water, and all I use tool wise is a wide toothed comb. (should also mention my hair is about a 2b)

So anyway as it's getting longer I'm thinking I should revise my routine, but the issue is i'm not sure what I should be using tool wise, a boar bristle brush to spread oils? one of those wooden brushes to separate more hairs to prevent matting? a wooden comb for detangling and oil spreading?

So I figured I'd post here, basically i'm looking for something that can spread the oils down the hair, something that can work as a detangler and something that can work as a fine detangler to prevent matting.

Jo Ann
October 10th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Have you tried the (Official) Water Only Thread for ideas? http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3412

haircare4days
October 11th, 2017, 05:53 PM
thank you I will try that.

lapushka
October 12th, 2017, 08:39 AM
So anyway as it's getting longer I'm thinking I should revise my routine, but the issue is i'm not sure what I should be using tool wise, a boar bristle brush to spread oils? one of those wooden brushes to separate more hairs to prevent matting? a wooden comb for detangling and oil spreading?

So I figured I'd post here, basically i'm looking for something that can spread the oils down the hair, something that can work as a detangler and something that can work as a fine detangler to prevent matting.

A BBB should work fine, but I second checking out the WO thread for ideas!