PDA

View Full Version : Loosen your curls/waves

leayellena
October 6th, 2017, 10:07 AM
I find a lot of tips on how to wave/curl hair naturally but I could hardly find a NATURAL way to loosen wavy or curly hair. I mean isn't there anyone who would like to have a "straighter" hair? Long(er) Hair?

I found one blog about my idea and many tips may just as well become my new routine: http://hair.allwomenstalk.com/natural-ways-to-relax-curls

Beeboo123
October 6th, 2017, 10:17 AM
I just blow-dry my hair with my hairdryer on the "cold" (i.e. no heat at all) setting, and use a round brush at the same time. Works realy well, but takes nearly two hours =\

mira-chan
October 6th, 2017, 11:13 AM
My hair straightens naturally over the days post wash. Never to the point of flat iron straight, but waves just fall out over time. Damp bunning will do it too, it will produce very loose waves similar to what you get from blow drying.

Silverbleed
October 6th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I’ve got more wavy than curly, but I usually let my hair dry as much as possible in a braid or bun. When it is a little damn still and it gets difficult to dry in the bun/braid, I take it out. I apply this mostly at my scalp, because I don’t like the strange shapes my hair gets at my scalp :/ I rather have it straight, then wavy below my ears.

Also the longer I don’t wash, the straighter my hair. Once it is long enough I would like to experiment with scalp only washes.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 6th, 2017, 12:36 PM
My hair straightens from wearing a cinnabon, i dont know why but the bun flats it out, also wearing down to bed with a leave in/product

lithostoic
October 6th, 2017, 01:29 PM
You could brush your hair out straight, apply some serum, and then put it in a loose rope braid for a night. That's what I do when I want to wear my hair straighter after having it wurly.

lapushka
October 6th, 2017, 02:37 PM
My hair straightens naturally over the days post wash. Never to the point of flat iron straight, but waves just fall out over time. Damp bunning will do it too, it will produce very loose waves similar to what you get from blow drying.

Yep, same for me. Day 1 after washing is tight (and that is why I like my hair on that day), but by day 6 it's pretty much sagged out and more on the loose side (not gone, but stretched out quite a bit).

Jo Ann
October 6th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Another vote for damp bunning here! After I wash my hair, I swirl it loosely and use a short hair stick to secure it to the top of my head, then I go to sleep. It's still damp when I get up, so I then put it in my usual bun and then go about my day. When I take it down later, it's slightly damp, but most of the natural wavy/wurly/curly pattern is mostly relaxed--not straight, but mostly relaxed.

spidermom
October 6th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Loose braiding will make my overall wave pattern more uniform, relaxing the curliest areas.

Afanen
October 6th, 2017, 05:36 PM
My hair straightens when I wash it/henna it, then starts to get wavier gradually a few days after. Henna only seems to loosen my waves temporarily (my current pfp is right after hennaing and it's pretty straight). A couple days after I shampoo, my hair starts to get coiled at my temples and the rest of it has a loose body wave.