PDA

View Full Version : Hair changing texture during wash cycle ?

valkyrie90
October 5th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Can hair changing its texture during wash cycle ? Not dramatic change like from stick straight to curly sort of but slight change .

http://i65.tinypic.com/14l58qd.jpg

This is my fresh washed hair .

http://i64.tinypic.com/ipbiqf.jpg

this is my hair on day 3 . Yeah I know it looks like a hot mess . Also the pic quality is bad . But do you notice any differences ? These two pics are not from the same cycle , though . The 1st was taken back in Feb while the 2nd one I just took like 30 mins . Still they are fresh- washed one and day 3 washed one . I always feel like the more I go without wash the more my hair feels dense and less straight ( and more of a mess :grin:) than when I just washed . I feel like my hair is thicker than it actually is . Or it just the way dirty hair is =)) . The same thing happens to you guys' hair ?

lapushka
October 5th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Of course you sleep on it. So... :shrug: It gets a little hard to say that way!

valkyrie90
October 5th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Of course you sleep on it. So... :shrug: It gets a little hard to say that way!

lmao lapushka you crack me up , gal . =)) . I know righttt !! But I didn't mean the messy , dirty , crazy hair . I meant some how it feels more dense , fluffy ? Ahh I guess I should just wash =))

MoonRabbit
October 5th, 2017, 11:08 AM
The more dirty my hair is the more straight, limp and thinner it feels. On wash day my hair feel twice as thick and my volume is a beast

So I guess I have the opposite??

Hairkay
October 5th, 2017, 11:17 AM
My freshly washed hair is at it's curliest, shiniest and darkest. Should I skip a day or two between washing it then the curls start to stretch out more (lank curls) and the black colour looks a bit faded. Dripping wet hair looks longest because it's heavy with water and the curls loosen. It'll shrink right up once it's fully dry.

LadyCelestina
October 5th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I have drastic difference between textures during the wash cycle. Right after a wash, my hair is probably 3a/3b, but these curls simply fall out after a couple hours, even if I don't do anything to my hair. Then day 2, 3... it just gets looser and looser.

I think using some *really* hard hold gels might help capture the curliness for a bit longer, but I don't like using anything that might make my hair stiff :shrug: I think it's damaging.

LizzyGrant
October 5th, 2017, 12:20 PM
It's possible. At least I've noticed the same and my hair is pretty straight too. Freshly washed my hair is the straightest and feels very light and airy. The longer I stretch the wavier, heavier and thicker my hair gets. My ends look better the more I stretch washes but unfortunately I can't say the same about the roots.

Aredhel
October 5th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Because my hair is up in a bun all the time, when I wear my hair in a regular ponytail, I have beautiful, fluffy, voluminous 2c waves. :p My hair is rarely ever in its natural 1a state honestly.

riphair
October 5th, 2017, 01:22 PM
If you have high porosity hair, it could be lack of moisture. My hair is and hydrated after washing with conditioner and applying moisturizers, but after a couple of days it loses moisture and becomes dry and weird. Applying leave-in conditioner and sealing in the moisture with oil or serum helps.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 5th, 2017, 01:34 PM
My hair always feels puffed up after washing, compared to several days later when it feels sleeker and straighter. I like it on wash day best!

lapushka
October 5th, 2017, 02:39 PM
My hair always feels puffed up after washing, compared to several days later when it feels sleeker and straighter. I like it on wash day best!

My favorite time is 1 day post-wash. I love that day. Smells great, feels great, and is dry without me having to do anything about it that day (like on wash day when it's wet half the day before it is diffused). Actually I like it from the time it's dry to the next day. :)

lucid
October 5th, 2017, 02:43 PM
My hair is always straight (unless I have braid waves or something), but it looks thicker/fuller after washing.

callebest
October 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM
My favorite time is 1 day post-wash. I love that day. Smells great, feels great, and is dry without me having to do anything about it that day (like on wash day when it's wet half the day before it is diffused). Actually I like it from the time it's dry to the next day. :)

can i please ask what you mean by "diffused"?

lapushka
October 5th, 2017, 04:16 PM
can i please ask what you mean by "diffused"?

Diffuse-dry, with a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment. :)

callebest
October 5th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Diffuse-dry, with a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment. :)

Ah yes i see what u mean now. Thank you for clarification

leayellena
October 6th, 2017, 02:50 AM
I will take time to take pictures of my hair again. I think I HAD 2b-2c when I had too much movement because of layers. Now that my hair is in a slightly u-shape I might have weighted my hair down - as it's trendy to say. I am happy with looser curls/waves (probably exactly 2b or even a mixture 2a-2b) and thus manageable hair. Buuuut: my hair will never be manageable if I don't wash/co- with keratin conditioners. I might better try: co-wash with a non-keratin conditioner, then after I finish this Conditioner I will probably try a keratin conditioner and come back with photos.
My question is: is my hair ever in danger of protein overload if I wash/co- every 4-6 days?

spidermom
October 6th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Maybe your hair feels denser several days after washing because of the styles you do plus attracting some dust, lint, etc. Mine feels thickest right after washing. It's wurly all over the place and has a cloud of frizz unless I take care to use gel to tame the frizz down. By the 3rd day after washing, it's almost straight and doesn't look as thick. I like it at that stage because there's very little frizz.

valkyrie90
October 6th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Maybe your hair feels denser several days after washing because of the styles you do plus attracting some dust, lint, etc. Mine feels thickest right after washing. It's wurly all over the place and has a cloud of frizz unless I take care to use gel to tame the frizz down. By the 3rd day after washing, it's almost straight and doesn't look as thick. I like it at that stage because there's very little frizz.

I mostly keep my hair in a bun because it gets stuck in everything and I hate that . My hair on the 3rd day after washing day always look like what lapushka said that I sleep on my hair hehe. Actually I put my hair on a bun but I combed it well before I took that picture still it looks like bed hair =)).

I think some how my hair always feels denser since I start herb washing. It feels coated but in a nice way , don't know how
to explain but when my hair dries it feels airy although it's dense , also shiny and straight which I love , not like 3 days after that. It seems like most of us love our fresh-washed hair :d