PDA

View Full Version : I promise this is the last thread I'll be posting.

ninjarambohd
September 24th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone. During my time here you have all been so so kind to me and I wish to thank you all for it. One lady here Lapushka told me not to worry about my hair much so I promise I won't worry anymore and wont post anything related to my hair after this.

Basically ever since I have been paying more attention to my hair I notice things that I hadn't noticed before or I keep thinking what if it wasn't like this before and it has changed. So just to give myself a relief I thought I'd post here for some unbiased opinions.

Is there anything wrong with my hair at all? The only problem I have and it has been making me go insnane is if I spike my hair up my hairline kind of becomes see through especially under bright light. Is that normal? Also can you all please tell me what texture and sort of thickness my hair is? Is it thick or fine? Anyways I have attached some pictures. Some are from this year others are from 2013 or 2014.

Thank you all and sorry again.

2017:
https://postimg.org/gallery/1fktr776u/

2013:

https://postimg.org/gallery/1sulgcizq/

2014:

https://postimg.org/gallery/2bmtn544m/

Sarahlabyrinth
September 24th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Well, I can't see anything wrong with your hair at all, it looks perfectly normal (and very nice too) to me. I really don't think you need to worry about your hair :D

ninjarambohd
September 24th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Well, I can't see anything wrong with your hair at all, it looks perfectly normal (and very nice too) to me. I really don't think you need to worry about your hair :D

Thank you very much for your kindness and response.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 24th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Thank you very much for your kindness and response.

I'm sure everyone else will say the same too :)

DweamGoiL
September 24th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I agree with Sarahlabyrinth. I also wanted to mention that there is no need to apologize. Sometimes when we worry about our personal image, we get a bit preoccupied and it raises our anxiety and our insecurities get the best of us...that's ok. It happens :)

Aredhel
September 24th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Your hair looks thick and healthy to me from what we can see of it. :) Unfortunately we can't determine whether your hair is fine/medium/coarse based on a picture, you will have to determine that yourself. It's hard to tell your hair thickness since it is very short, but from what I can see of it, it looks like it's probably medium (ii) thickness at the very least.

I hope you don't feel discouraged about posting about your hair woes here, for whatever reason... because posting about our hair (the good, the bad, the ugly) is the entire purpose of LHC!! If you're worried about what Lapushka said, she was just trying to encourage you not to stress about your hair too much (as we are all often guilty of doing!), because it looks fine! :)

ninjarambohd
September 24th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Your hair looks thick and healthy to me from what we can see of it. :) Unfortunately we can't determine whether your hair is fine/medium/coarse based on a picture, you will have to determine that yourself. It's hard to tell your hair thickness since it is very short, but from what I can see of it, it looks like it's probably medium (ii) thickness at the very least.

I hope you don't feel discouraged about posting about your hair woes here, for whatever reason... because posting about our hair (the good, the bad, the ugly) is the entire purpose of LHC!! If you're worried about what Lapushka said, she was just trying to encourage you not to stress about your hair too much (as we are all often guilty of doing!), because it looks fine! :)

Thank you. Oh god no Lapushka has always been so nice to me. I definitely agree with you and her as over stressing is bad. I just feel bad posting a new thread everytime about something new.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 24th, 2017, 07:19 PM
You don't have to feel bad, we are here to help, after all. We would rather you felt good about your hair, rather than bad. Think of it this way, there are plenty of people who would love to have your hair!

languagenut
September 24th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I don't see anything at all wrong with your hair; it looks perfectly healthy to me :). And yes, a bit of "see-through" at the hairline is completely normal, it's just because there is some space between the hair follicles. Mine is the same way, and it's fairly thick; nobody has totally "wall-to-wall" hairs :D.

Jo Ann
September 24th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Thank you. Oh god no Lapushka has always been so nice to me. I definitely agree with you and her as over stressing is bad. I just feel bad posting a new thread everytime about something new.
Lapushka is one of Da BOMBS here! I think she came with the website--a "foundation" if you will :p

Don't feel badly about posting a thread about what you find about your hair that concerns you--some of us have similar insecurities about our hair and some are bolder to bring it to everyone's attention than others. Put another way, you're not the only one that has the same question.

I hope you don't go! Please feel free to come whenever you need help, advice or a sympathetic ear!

Anje
September 24th, 2017, 10:52 PM
My hair is short right now and sticks up, and I can tell it's significantly less dense than yours, and it was ii thickness (right around 3.0") last time I checked. Definitely not thinning, my hair has thickened slightly over the last decade.

Your hair looks thicker than mine, probably iii. A bit of scalp showing is normal, especially when hair is standing straight up.

Beeboo123
September 25th, 2017, 12:23 AM
Your hair looks perfectly normal (and looks good, if I may add). It's probably thick hair, I can't see your scalp, but it's hard to tell in photos

lucid
September 25th, 2017, 02:16 AM
Your hair looks good - dense, thick, nice texture and color :)

My hairline is see through in bright light as well (especially in bathrooms), and after a period of non-permanent hairloss I started obsessing over this for a while... not healthy.. Bright lights does that to all hairtypes actually, it's totally normal. The only reason I suddenly started noticing it was my own fear of hairloss. No one else notices it on me, even in bright light (they did when I actually had hairloss), so I'm positive that you don't need to worry at all.

Try to enjoy your hair.

ninjarambohd
September 25th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Thank you so much everyone for all your kind responses. I am so happy to be part of the LHC family it's a absolute privilege being here! I feel so much better and assured now. So my hair is still the same as 2013 and 2014 pictures?

lapushka
September 25th, 2017, 04:44 AM
Lapushka is one of Da BOMBS here! I think she came with the website--a "foundation" if you will :p

Don't feel badly about posting a thread about what you find about your hair that concerns you--some of us have similar insecurities about our hair and some are bolder to bring it to everyone's attention than others. Put another way, you're not the only one that has the same question.

I hope you don't go! Please feel free to come whenever you need help, advice or a sympathetic ear!

OMG Jo Ann! I'm blushing. :o Yeah, I'm one of the old-timers. :lol:

OP, looks like a thick head of hair. No need to worry one bit. What were you worried about specifically? ETA: Oh, you were worried it had thinned through the years. I don't think so. No, it's fine! :thumbsup:

ninjarambohd
September 25th, 2017, 06:45 AM
OMG Jo Ann! I'm blushing. :o Yeah, I'm one of the old-timers. :lol:

OP, looks like a thick head of hair. No need to worry one bit. What were you worried about specifically? ETA: Oh, you were worried it had thinned through the years. I don't think so. No, it's fine! :thumbsup:

Jo ann took the words right out of my mouth. Well yes I was specifically worried it's thin and when I spike my hair up my hairline kind of becomes see through that's all.

Cherriezzzzz
September 25th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Your hair is, for lack of a better word, perfect. I'm a hairdresser and I've seen what feels like billions of heads of hair LOL ANY guy would love your thickness, color, hairline hahaha

You are blessed!

ninjarambohd
September 25th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Your hair is, for lack of a better word, perfect. I'm a hairdresser and I've seen what feels like billions of heads of hair LOL ANY guy would love your thickness, color, hairline hahaha

You are blessed!

Thank you so much! I highly appreciate your comment and kindness!

spidermom
September 25th, 2017, 08:37 AM
It is hard to tell with hair so short, but I am positive that you have AT LEAST average thickness. I can see between my hairs at the hairline, too. I think this is true of most people. Look around at other heads of hair.

ninjarambohd
September 25th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Thank you so so much everyone! I am completely speechless at all of the kindness I received here. I feel so much better now thanks to all of you amazing people! I wish everyone all the best!

Suze
September 25th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Your hair looks thick and healthy to me aswell. But I get it, sometimes we get hyperfocussed on stuff. That's why this forum is so awesome. Please feel free to post anything, anytime!

lapushka
September 25th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Yes I didn't mean for you to stop posting, I'm sure there's other stuff to post about and chat with us all about. Just to quit worrying, because that is stressful in and of itself and that is something you need to pass on!

ninjarambohd
September 25th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Thank you so much! I will definitely stay active on this awesome website! Thank you all!

Andthetalltrees
September 25th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Your hair looks thick and healthy to me aswell. But I get it, sometimes we get hyperfocussed on stuff. That's why this forum is so awesome. Please feel free to post anything, anytime!

I got really upset over my hair before, and this forum really helped talk me down and realize it's all okay :D Everyone is awesome here!