PDA

View Full Version : Starting from Scratch....

ShirleyAnn
September 22nd, 2017, 04:52 PM
Or, that didn't take very long! (To get over my enthusiasm with my short hair that is). Took about 2 and a half months.

I've gone from loving it to "meh" and now I am ready to grow it again. All of it, fringe and all.

As I am now at nape length I know I'm about a year away from a decent ponytail.

Dendra
September 22nd, 2017, 04:54 PM
At least you tried it and now you know what you want. Happy growing to you :)

vpatt
September 22nd, 2017, 06:47 PM
Good luck with your growing!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 22nd, 2017, 06:52 PM
You have to try it to know if you like it or not. Now that it's out of your system, enjoy growing long hair :) And welcome here!

Obsidian
September 22nd, 2017, 07:01 PM
Its been about two months since I had my hair cut short too. I've always loved short hair but this time it was different. I liked it ok but didn't love it so I'm growing it out. Its about as long as your hair, maybe a tad shorter. Heres to growing:bottomsup:

Messyhair
September 22nd, 2017, 08:08 PM
I'm not all one length at nape, but some of it is there! When I cut short, I go SHORT. It's been a long time growing it out now, but I'd have to check back through pictures to find out when I last had it cut. Too late to do that tonight, so another time.

GalaMoon
September 23rd, 2017, 03:10 AM
I've done that in the past, let my roots grow, then cut it short to have only virgin hair. I will admit it was a pain styling it (always woke up with bed hair) and the oiliness showed up faster, but I rather enjoyed having hair that short for the first time in my life. My boyfriend at the time was really not impressed, but hey, it's my hair LOL. I grew it back after that and, sadly, had it dyed again, but I considered it my little experiment. It will grow back before you know it, just don't think about it too much.

Cherriezzzzz
September 23rd, 2017, 04:31 AM
I became sick last year and WRONGLY thought collar bone length would be easier to style then my waist length hair.

It used to take my hair a day to dry so that was my assumption, to be able to style it faster, but still be long enough to pull it back.

Well once I started growing it I eventually found LHC.And started experimenting and came upon Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and now my hair is back to BSL and dries in less then twenty minutes airdrying!!! Products changing really saved my time and pain I experience and I no longer style my air dried hair which is the best thing ever!

I think it's nice to know, no matter how short your hair is, even from a buzz cut, one year makes all the difference in length!

I'm one MORE year till I feel like mine's officially long again...

lapushka
September 23rd, 2017, 07:01 AM
Or, that didn't take very long! (To get over my enthusiasm with my short hair that is). Took about 2 and a half months.

I've gone from loving it to "meh" and now I am ready to grow it again. All of it, fringe and all.

As I am now at nape length I know I'm about a year away from a decent ponytail.

Yeah, short hair got pretty boring for me as well every time I had it, then you're stuck with growing it out from pixie, and that basically sucks. :flower: Hang in there!

ShirleyAnn
September 23rd, 2017, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I had to get it out of my system.
Right now I'm at that fun stage where its not heavy enough to lay flat so my head looks like a big silver dandelion.

spidermom
September 23rd, 2017, 10:05 AM
Enjoy all the different lengths and styling possibilities.