PDA

View Full Version : List of Private Blogs and Private Albums?

Cinnamon Hair
March 22nd, 2008, 03:24 AM
Is there a page somewhere with a list of private journals and/or private photo albums? I'm sure there are private journals of people I would like to request friendship with if I knew they were out there. But it looks to me that the only way to find out if someone has a private journal or private photo album is go to each member profile individually. --Sort of an issue since I'm looking for ones with no specific person in mind, but that I might be interested in viewing/browsing. Thanks for any help!

basak
March 22nd, 2008, 03:40 AM
I agree with this.

MusingFrog
March 22nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
I think it would be nice if they all showed up with the rest of the blogs/albums. But (like on the old board) when you tried to access them and weren't allowed you'd get a message saying you didn't have enough posts or whatnot.

Because I definitely agree. I admit I didn't go much into the private journals on the previous boards, but it was nice to know they were there.

Teacherbear
March 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
One way to quickly know if someone (in particular) has a bog is to look at the stats under his/her avatar. The last piece of data says "Blog Entries: #" You can click on that to go directly to the blog. The that data isn't below that person's name, then he/she doesn't have a blog.

And yes, I understand you want a list, and I don't think that is an available feature. In all honesty, there was no such list in the last software version. You had to go look (or search) the public journals for a person's name. Then, *IF* you had access to the private journals you had to look/search there, too. This seems much simpler, look for Blog Entries and click it. You'll know instantly. Then it is only 2 clicks away from befriending them (if you want to do that) to see private blogs).

I hope that helps.

Cinnamon Hair
March 22nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
And yes, I understand you want a list, and I don't think that is an available feature. In all honesty, there was no such list in the last software version. You had to go look (or search) the public journals for a person's name. Then, *IF* you had access to the private journals you had to look/search there, too. This seems much simpler, look for Blog Entries and click it. You'll know instantly. Then it is only 2 clicks away from befriending them (if you want to do that) to see private blogs).

I hope that helps.

Actually, what I did on the old boards (after I finished reading all my subscribed journals and had extra time --didn't happen much!) was go to the private journal section and just scroll through the first few pages of posts to see if there was anything that appealed to me. I can't do that now, or at least I don't think I can. Do private blogs show up in this list (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?do=bloglist)?
Same question for photo albums... Do private ones show up here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/all_albums.php)?

Hairstorm
March 22nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
I have the exact same questions, Cinnamon Hair!

PatGear
March 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Cinnamon Hair, I think the answer in both cases are no and no. The private blogs/albums you don't have access to just act like they don't exist. Sort of like a "you don't know what you're missing" kind of thing! :lol: Yeah, I wish there's a way to know because there are some people I don't know very well but am interested in them enough that *if* they have private blogs/albums, I would request friendship in order to have access to them. But if they didn't have one, I would feel weird sending them the request since, in that case, it's rather pointless.

(ETA: There are a difference in the blogs and albums though. The private blogs you have access to do show up in that list you linked to, which is convenient. But not so with the private albums. That link will only list public albums, period. I don't know why the difference. )

I really wish there was a way to list the photo albums that includes private ones (that you have access to), though. Sometimes I'm in the mood of looking at a lot of photos. Right now the only way to look at the private albums is to go to each of your friends' profiles and check if they have one. Such a drag!

Mods, is that (I.e, include private albums in the link to "All albums" or having a separate link to list all private albums one can access) something that's possible with the software? If so, I'd like to request that feature, please.

Xanthippe
March 22nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
One way to quickly know if someone (in particular) has a bog is to look at the stats under his/her avatar. The last piece of data says "Blog Entries: #" You can click on that to go directly to the blog. The that data isn't below that person's name, then he/she doesn't have a blog.

Wait, so even if a person's blog is "private" the Blog entries link still appears under the avatar, and a person that clicks on it may get those "access restricted" pages?

talullah
March 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Wait, so even if a person's blog is "private" the Blog entries link still appears under the avatar, and a person that clicks on it may get those "access restricted" pages?

Yes.

Another vote/request for a list of all the blogs, private included. I feel like I'm missing the blogs of some people who I've forgotten about (:o), and there's really no way to know about it if I don't happen to run across one of their posts on the boards. There are quite a few people who don't post much on the boards anymore.

Hairstorm
March 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM

Xanthippe, for an experiment, since we are not contacts/friends, I clicked on your profile. There is no "blog" tab on your profile page. When I clicked on the little underlined number next to "blog entries" on the left side here, it showed this:

Hairstorm, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. So, I am not seeing any of your private blog entries.

Hairstorm
March 22nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
p.s. Thanks, PatGear!

Xanthippe
March 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Xanthippe, for an experiment, since we are not contacts/friends, I clicked on your profile. There is no "blog" tab on your profile page. When I clicked on the little underlined number next to "blog entries" on the left side here, it showed this:
So, I am not seeing any of your private blog entries.

Thanks both of you! That is good to know. :)

/hijack

Hairstorm
March 22nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks both of you! That is good to know. :)

/hijack

Yes, I was glad to know these answers too!:eek:

Flaxen
March 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Do private blogs show up in this list (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?do=bloglist)?
Same question for photo albums... Do private ones show up here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/all_albums.php)?
Only the private blogs/albums of your contacts will show up on those two lists.

I understand it's going to take a while to get used to the new format, but what's the rush? It'll be fun to gradually reconnect with all those whose blogs we want to read, and as we hunt them down, we'll probably discover some new ones along the way. Besides, we have to make sure everyone spends as much time here as possible, right? :pins: :grouphug: :flowers:

Cinnamon Hair
March 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Flaxen...I can still dream though.

As for things that can be changed, how about that Product & Accessory board? ;) Will we ever be allowed to have it back? Come on, I was a good and posted a few comments to the Review section. Now I want the board back! Please, with a cherry on top?