PDA

View Full Version : Interesting IDEA for curly long hair

Aleina
September 19th, 2017, 11:56 AM
So my friend posted a tea hair rinse on instagram. She has curly dry hair like me, and now it is healthy and long! Still curly haha

Tea hair rinse has lavendar, chamomile, rosemary, rosepedals.

I asked her when she uses the rinse and she didn't answer me (probably busy....). What do you guys think? Once a week after a shower? In the place of a shower? Every night before bed?

I think I'm going to try it out in October!

Kat
September 20th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Not a curly, but I've been making hair rinses since I was in middle school.

I tend to use some combination of hibiscus flowers, chamomile, rosemary, calendula and/or marigold, horsetail, juniper berries, yarrow, and lavender (note that some of these, like the chamomile/calendula/marigold, the rosemary, and the hibiscus, are allegedly for certain colors of hair, but I don't worry about that). I boil it up, let it sit until it cools, pour it in a pitcher and fill the pitcher with plain water. I plop my hair in there and let it sit for a minute or two, then pour it over my head (if you want you can have a second pitcher or bowl to catch it and re-pour more than once. You also don't have to "soak" your hair, I just do).

When I'm not feeling too lazy to boil it up, I'll use it just about every time I wash my hair (once a week). Back in middle school my mom was of the opinion it kept my hair from getting oily again so fast. These days I feel like it helps manage the tangles.

raemarthe
September 20th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Interesting, I have never tried a hair rinse and wonder what kind of benefits it would give me. I too have curly hair.