PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Opinions Needed Indeterminate Hair Loss

Xavien_Grey
September 17th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Hi all, stressful and unnerving situation id like some opinions on. So As some of you know i was WO off and on, what you don't know is why i jump off even after getting settled. The thing is, and the same thing happens after heavy oiling, the crown of my head around my part looks thin. When wet its very much the same but just now, and ill post pictures below, after drying it looks the same. My pony hasnt changed much, 3.25'' and i average 3.5'' so that seems to be fine, but its concerning. I may be overreacting but other opinons would be great.

My mom (read actual hairdresser) has been trying to get me to cut it almost incessantly, saying that the length is taking away the strength at the scalp... Idk what to do, is this a real thing? I wouldn't be as concerned if my dad had hair. Only person on both sides of the family to go bald btw, even his twin brother had hair.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28714&d=1505700756

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28715&d=1505700757

An aside, the only good thing about these pictures is that you can see my actual hair color... i really need to take some pictures outside for a change, i swear my hair is bipolar

lucid
September 18th, 2017, 02:45 AM
I think that looks fine, it just serms like you have a swirl/cowlick at the back of your head? I have the same one, to hide it I make sure my hair dries in a way that coveres it a bit.

Suze
September 18th, 2017, 03:37 AM
Yes, I agree with the swirl/ cowlick. Mine starts to show more when my hair is oily. I just make sure to part it differently.

Aredhel
September 18th, 2017, 03:48 AM
Yes I get the same as the three of you as well, when my hair is oily and I've let it loose for a bit, especially if I sleep on it...on the left side of my head. It doesn't happen when I tie my hair back of course.

lapushka
September 18th, 2017, 04:58 AM
The first picture makes it "look" a bit thinner at the part, but the other pictures are just fine. :flower: That's just my perception!

Might be a case of you going with the wrong method for your hair. Do you notice more shedding while on WO? If so, then of course that's not the way to go. If not, I'd stick to it. It's all a bit of experimenting at first.

Xavien_Grey
September 18th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Thx everyone! Im going to keep an eye on it but i feel a lot better. I had a cowlick back there as a kid but haven't thought about it in years.

Lapushka Oddly enough even though on WO i noticed less shedding overall my average thickness never changed. My regimen now leaves my hair presentable, and scalp mostly happy on a
day to day basis.

Lucid I think it was the way i let it dry that exacerbated it. I washed it in a wash basin so it dried all pulled forward in the wrap.

spidermom
September 18th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Your scalp looks reddened to me; I wonder why.

lapushka
September 18th, 2017, 06:32 AM

Yes that first picture. It might be the camera lens, though. I'm not sure. I didn't want to say anything about it because of that possibility.

MusicalSpoons
September 18th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Dittoing the cowlick theory! I have two cowlicks at the back of my head, which when oily each make a clear parting at the back if my hair is loose. If your ponytail circumference is the same as usual, I don't think you need to worry :)

Xavien_Grey
September 18th, 2017, 07:16 AM

It is and it was my fault - i made it angry while trying to fix it before i threw in the towel and took a picture.