PDA

View Full Version : Short hair style help!

Redderly
September 17th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Hello everyone!

I am new to my Long Hair journey and my hair, at its longest, is to my chin while the back is a bit shorter and layered.
My current routine is just letting it air dry with no heat tools, but is there any style tips I could use to spice up the look of my hair?
My hair is pretty fine as well, so I'm not entirely sure what to do since I don't have a lot to work with!

Aredhel
September 17th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Lots of things available to you! You can do half-up ponytails, half-up braid(s), side braid(s), decorative fascinators, fancy hair pins, etc. :)

spidermom
September 17th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Her hair is longer, although still considered short, but perhaps Milabu of YouTube can give you some ideas.

Kellylee
September 17th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure if your hair is long enough but you can create heatless waves with French braids. I won't go into too much details but just look on YouTube.

Afanen
September 17th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Maybe take some strands from the front, twist them, and tie them together at the back with a small clear elastic? (kind of like Eowyn's hairstyle haha)

Nique1202
September 18th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Start learning french and dutch braids. You might not be able to get single braids to hold yet, but it's good practice to learn the hand movements and start practicing your sectioning to get it even. Also, you'll build up your arm strength as your hair grows, so you won't be having to keep your arms in the air for an eternity if you want to learn to braid it when it's already long. These braids make great accents for other styles when done in miniature, and they can keep hair well contained when it's still short and likes to fall out of ponytails and such.