PDA

View Full Version : what do eat daily for hair growth

amiraaah
September 17th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I searched a lot and couldn't find a thread talking about this topic,diet is very essential for hair growth and health.
share what you eat daily that benefits your hair and whether you are a vegetarian or not and if you are what do you eat as a source of protein to subistitue meat and dairy products.

very excited to know.....❤️❤️

amiraaah
September 17th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I searched a lot and couldn't find a thread talking about this topic,diet is very essential for hair growth and health.
share what you eat daily that benefits your hair and whether you are a vegetarian or not and if you are what do you eat as a source of protein to subistitue meat and dairy products.

very excited to know.....❤️❤️

Aredhel
September 17th, 2017, 01:03 PM
This one (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98827)kinda exists, it's a bit old though.

I eat a lot of protein, fats, whole foods, no sugar, and little/no processed foods... minimal carbs. :) Sometimes I will deviate from this, as I'm not too strict about it, but I generally try to eat as healthy as possible. I also only drink water, nothing else.

lapushka
September 17th, 2017, 01:10 PM
I eat an "old-fashioned" complete diet, this means + meat. We used to eat more red meat when I was younger (a big chunk of beefsteak every day). These days it's mostly processed meats (my parents are in their 70s and beefsteak is harder to chew) and also some sliced red deli meats in between. Along with a Friday fish day and a spaghetti + meatballs day every week.

On top of it all I take a multi-vitamin, due to some medication I take depleting some well needed vitamins.

I definitely get enough nutrients.

Andthetalltrees
September 17th, 2017, 01:17 PM
I don't have a specific diet for my hair or otherwise, But I don't think my hair minds since it grows above average. In general I live on a lot of milky black tea, fruit and homemade brioche with various toppings like Pâté, sausages and mustard, Jam, cream cheese. Our supper meals always have a meat/cheese, a vegetable and a carb, but they vary a lot because my family enjoys cooking and trying new things.

Dendra
September 17th, 2017, 01:22 PM
I am veggie, so I make sure to get protein from things like tempeh, tofu, cheese, beans, seeds and protein powder. I have a tablespoon of flax oil daily to replace the omega 3 I used to get from fish. I also take a multi-vit daily.

pandabarrier
September 17th, 2017, 03:43 PM
There is a thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141559) about food for hair growth grocery list.

I eat a lot of peanuts, beans and lentils as protein source since I'm vegetarian.

Dark40
September 17th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I eat a lot of protein in my diet. A lot of meats eggs, peanut butter, chicken, and fish. I also do eat my veggies as well.

LaLola73
September 17th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I eat greens, beans, mushrooms, onions, nuts and berries. I try to avoid sugar, oils, salt, and keep dairy to a small amount. I try not to eat much meat.
SO...I credit my diet with creating shiny gray hairs. My boss told me that she thought I got highlights put in, but no, just my natural gray and natural tawny colored hair.

Dark40
September 17th, 2017, 03:52 PM
I eat a lot of protein like peanut butter, whole foods, and chicken and fish throughout the day. Well, the chicken I eat 3 times a week, and fish I eat twice a week, and the peanut butter I eat on a daily basis for hair growth.

littlestarface
September 17th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I eat takis, cheese popcorn, m&m with peanuts and tons of pepsi with ice thank you. Not vegetarian but when im not lazy i eat alot of meat especially hamburgers mm.

Angeni
September 17th, 2017, 04:37 PM
I've been vegan for approx. 3 1/2 years and it has done wonders for my hair! Especially since going vegan I have tried way more foods and so I eat so many more different things compared to what I ate before I went vegan. I'm not a huge stickler on tracking the amounts of protein I eat, since everyone should get enough protein if they eat enough calories (when eating a healthy varied diet of course) since protein is in pretty much everything (including fruit!). But when I'm meal planning and looking for a protein portion for my meal I usually choose things like beans (any kind), lentils, dark veggies (like spinach, broccoli, green beans, etc.), fake vegan meats (like from brands such as Gardein and Trader Joes), brown rice, peanut butter, oats, soy, etc. Or I just eat tons of fruits and veggies which all contain more protein that most people think. I end up getting around ~50 grams of protein a day without much thought.

Plus! All those fruits and veggies contain tons of hair growing vitamins and minerals! :)

Since I've became vegan my hair has become so much thicker than it ever has. The strands themselves grow in thicker and stronger than they use to! It's been a blessing for me.

My only word of advice is, don't try to go raw vegan. I've seen and heard of so many girls who go raw vegan and begin losing their hair like crazy!

LaLola73
September 17th, 2017, 04:40 PM
I try to eat a Whole Food Plant based diet. I say try because I fail at times. (Right now I'm eyeing the mini donuts my DH just brought home.)
Anyway, my hair is so shiny! I love that.

Angeni
September 17th, 2017, 04:42 PM
I try to eat a Whole Food Plant based diet. I say try because I fail at times. (Right now I'm eyeing the mini donuts my DH just brought home.)
Anyway, my hair is so shiny! I love that.

Right on! I love being on a Whole Foods Plant Based diet! It saved my thin hair :D It's so healthy and strong now.

diddiedaisy
September 17th, 2017, 05:03 PM
I eat takis, cheese popcorn, m&m with peanuts and tons of pepsi with ice thank you. Not vegetarian but when im not lazy i eat alot of meat especially hamburgers mm.

Who doesn't love a peanut m&m???? ;)

I eat chicken, red meat, fish, eggs, bananas etc. Everything basically, I love me some food haha. I don't eat anything in particular for my hair though I eat what I like, luckily a lot of things I do eat are good for hair health. :)

littlestarface
September 17th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Who doesn't love a peanut m&m???? ;)

I eat chicken, red meat, fish, eggs, bananas etc. Everything basically, I love me some food haha. I don't eat anything in particular for my hair though I eat what I like, luckily a lot of things I do eat are good for hair health. :)

It is hair food after all lool.

arr
September 17th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I eat a varied diet of almost everything, no rules. I think for hair growth the most important thing isn't what you eat but rather, eating enough. Just don't go hungry.

Natashap
September 18th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Eggs twice a week.