PDA

View Full Version : Hair confessions

Salwety
September 16th, 2017, 12:23 AM
It is a relief to say what you have been denying and keeping for yourself. You might find yourself not alone.

I confess that I haven't put my hair up for the last six months, and havent slept on a satin pillow case for 4 month. And I afraid that I am doing more harm to my hair than good, and that it will not reach classic length in good shape.

What about you?

Sarahlabyrinth
September 16th, 2017, 01:21 AM
I came inside today from being outside with loose hair and I brushed my hair without detangling it first.... I felt real guilty about it.e

Serimel
September 16th, 2017, 01:54 AM
I've been sleeping with loose hair for about a month now because I have started to enjoy my own wave pattern and didn't want braid waves or awkward bun induced bumps in my hair. It's not been the best thing for the condition of my hair though. I can clearly see more splits and the tangles and frizz are killing me now. Gotta get back to being a good girl.

restless
September 16th, 2017, 01:59 AM
I shampooed my hair twice yesterday and then, from sheer laziness (I really have no other excuse), I didnt use conditioner afterward. Surprisingly it doesnt look or feel like a broom today.

Snackpackdino
September 16th, 2017, 07:56 AM
-I use market shampoos and conditioners with cones, because I enjoy the smell of some specific brands :D

-I have a horrible, horrible urge to bleach my hair into white! I was looking at old pictures and there were some in which I had a paper white, bleached hair, and I miss it so much :( ! I know what damage it does in a long run.. :(
Someone come and hide my bottles from me :( !

Kiiruna
September 16th, 2017, 08:14 AM
I comb and brush too roughly pretty much every time...

Arctic
September 16th, 2017, 08:39 AM
I don't know if these are really confessions, I am not trying to grow to very long lengths and my hair is not the most delicate of them all. I think I've mentioned most of these already at some point, apart from the pony-thing.

I have started to feel like I would enjoy wearing ponytails regularly.

I am not very gentle with my hair when I detangle.

I use hair spray on work days.

I wear my hair down regularly.

This one is what I'd like to change: I am constantly touching my hair, running my fingers through it, feeling the ends.... I rationally hate it, but I guess at some level I like it because why else would I do it - I actually think it's the trichotillomania parts of my brain that are behind it, even though I wouldn't be pulling hairs out. I am pretty sure this causes damage in the long run and it looks so stupid when I would like to appear professional. Having my hair up helps, so I try to keep it contained at work and often at home too.

lapushka
September 16th, 2017, 08:52 AM
I have nothing to confess. I think I've been a "good girl" since about a decade with my hair. :o :flower: I have learned my lesson the hard way though, the *very hard* way. I tried it all, henna, regular dye, bleach, rough handling, not wearing it up. That's all behind me. :)

Mrstran
September 16th, 2017, 09:42 AM
I flat ironed my hair four times this year. In my defense, one time was because I was in a wedding. I haven't trimmed my splits in over two months, and have been slacking on oil treatments. Oh and I've been thinking about stripping the temporary color out of my hair. I somehow talked myself out of that one!

Year two is coming up soon and I'm really focused now. No more flops, no more slacking! :guns:

ravenheather
September 16th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I have been enjoying my hair down when at home and half the time on weekends. Also at night. I like my natural wave pattern.

Katia_k
September 16th, 2017, 11:01 AM
If I wear my hair up while I'm out, I take it down almost instantly when I get home--it's my version of changing into comfy pants after work. The style can be the most comfortable, and yet I don't feel like I can relax unless I take it down. This isn't great because I spend a lot of my time at home flopped over on various couches and chairs, so I'm sure I cause a lot of damage.

I don't really know if this is a confession or not, but I don't usually sleep with my hair contained. I sleep on a satin pillowcase, but I don't really sleep well if my hair's up, so I just don't do it. I know this causes problems, if for no other reason than that my cat likes to step on it in the morning. But I can't seem to change the habit.

lithostoic
September 16th, 2017, 11:16 AM
I still haven't washed my hair

floridaorchid
September 16th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I wasn't thinking last week and brushed wet hair. I didn't think about it until I heard the gross noise it always makes. EEK

Andthetalltrees
September 16th, 2017, 12:37 PM
I don't care about damage in general, It looks great to me and it's growing quickly. With my hair type I know it can grow to atleast tailbone/classic and look decently while being entirely neglected, so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine and I do put a bit more effort into it now. So really I just do things I'm most comfortable with. Detangling with brushes on wet hair, Never using satin things to sleep on, Hardly wearing my hair up, Sometimes shampoo without conditioner ect. I've never done any big sins though(like dying/bleach, using heat).

Jo Ann
September 16th, 2017, 12:45 PM
I don't S&D often, and this time around, I found more split ends--including Christmas trees and feathers :shocked:

I'm hoping to last the rest of the year before I get it trimmed, but I'll end up getting a bigger trim than I thought--maybe about 3"... :(

ghost pisces
September 16th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I recently bleached my hair twice with 40vol in under 24 hours. My scalp was very unhappy about that.

Dendra
September 16th, 2017, 03:52 PM
I let my hair dry in the sun if I'm out while it dries. Not from soaking to dry but from about half dry. It feels so good.

lapushka
September 16th, 2017, 04:41 PM
I recently bleached my hair twice with 40vol in under 24 hours. My scalp was very unhappy about that.

I did that once too, just not so fast one on top of the other... I could dye it once with a regular dye, then the second time? Chemical cut & burn, so be careful what you put on your hair next, and definitely give it time to breathe for the time being! :flower: Good luck!

Cg
September 16th, 2017, 05:26 PM
I let my hair dry in the sun if I'm out while it dries. Not from soaking to dry but from about half dry. It feels so good.

I do this weekly in summer despite hot hot temperatures and high winds. It does feel good! With added length it's starting to get tangly from wind though, so perhaps this was my final summer to enjoy it.

likelikepenny
September 16th, 2017, 05:33 PM
I haven't really detangled my curls and my roots are starting to mat because of the sheds. I've also been neglecting my deep treatments.

Eastbound&Down
September 16th, 2017, 05:55 PM
I never sleep with my hair contained, it's up on a bun all day, every day. I use due on my roots to cover the grays and could probably be more gentle with it in general but it seems to be in good shape. I refuse to look to see if there are splits, I'm just letting it grow.

ShahMat
September 16th, 2017, 06:21 PM
I flat ironed my hair two weeks ago (after 10 months), and I really really want to go to a salon to get a blow dry on monday.
I know it can be damaging on the long term, but last time was in april and my hair felt so good after they used this super fancy keratin hair mask, that I really think I want to be indulgent for once :rolleyes::rolleyes:

floridaorchid
September 16th, 2017, 07:52 PM

I feel your pain. I did that a lot in high school. A bleached scalp is a really unhappy one.
Check out h'swuan wen hua by lush, it's the main reason I still have hair on my head.

Cherriezzzzz
September 16th, 2017, 08:09 PM
I think I trimmed... during the no trim 2017 challenge... I cut the racers off. They looked so terrible. Made my frizzy hair look even worse at the ends.

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 16th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Its been almost 5 days since my last wash and I almost dont care at all. LOL I am dirty and OILY and I am wearing a braid every single day, without a care.

Andthetalltrees
September 16th, 2017, 10:37 PM
I think I trimmed... during the no trim 2017 challenge... I cut the racers off. They looked so terrible. Made my frizzy hair look even worse at the ends.

I've suddenly noticed the racers on my hair too, I have a good sized chunk that are a good inch longer. My hair seems to shrink up and hide this most of the time, but sometimes it looks really bad :\. I don't think the sides will catch up without trimming the very back a bit. I wonder if I ignore it long enough it won't matter or I'll end up trimming haha

Salwety
September 16th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Its been almost 5 days since my last wash and I almost dont care at all. LOL I am dirty and OILY and I am wearing a braid every single day, without a care.

Others could celebrate that they have exteded their wash routie so far. I will say feel good about your hair progress, and keep going :)

zashin66
September 17th, 2017, 12:16 AM
I have nothing to confess. I think I've been a "good girl" since about a decade with my hair. :o :flower: I have learned my lesson the hard way though, the *very hard* way. I tried it all, henna, regular dye, bleach, rough handling, not wearing it up. That's all behind me. :)

Gahhhhh! I am having so many splits. I have to use the sleek by suave in order to not have trouble combing it out. I condition twice with the stuff for the best results. I've been trying other stuff but NOT working like the Sleek stuff.:slap::rant::wail:

Gothic
September 17th, 2017, 01:31 AM
I dye my hair jet black once a month.. I have to slow down a bit.

Corvana
September 17th, 2017, 01:53 AM
I haven't worn my sleep cap in ages. It's too small for all of my hair loose without pulling a bit, so I hate it. I love how my hair feels in the morning when I wear it but uuuuuuggggghhhhh.

I also haven't brushed my hair all week until today. Or combed it. I just... Half finger-combed enough to get my hair back and then put it up with a claw clip.

Ulessa
September 17th, 2017, 04:05 AM
I wash my hair often even though its clearly damaging, but its so therapeutic :shrug:

Snackpackdino
September 17th, 2017, 04:12 AM
I wash my hair often even though its clearly damaging, but its so therapeutic :shrug:
I used to be quilty of this for years and now I'm trying to get rid of the habit :( . I'll just CO-wash if I can't keep my head out of the water.

Dendra
September 17th, 2017, 04:36 AM
I only ever wear a claw clip, nothing fancy like sticks or a fork! It's so comfortable but I do feel boring.

martyna_22
September 17th, 2017, 04:50 AM
I regret nothing.
I grew my hair so I could enjoy it, I make informed choices, and so if I mistreat my hair in any way - it's just hair. I don't want hair in intact state if the price I have to pay is not being able to show it off.

mwallingford
September 17th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I only ever wear a claw clip, nothing fancy like sticks or a fork! It's so comfortable but I do feel boring.

I'm the EXACT same way!!! It is unbelievably comfortable, but that's all I do! I only have one fork that is too small for my hair, and I'm a college student, so money is awfully hard to come by.

As far as hair sins go, I'm most guilty of wearing my hair the same every day. I've heard that it can be quite damaging, but I'm not sure what all to do with it, so lazy wrap bun and nautilus it is!

queenbee1
September 17th, 2017, 12:45 PM
This is hands down, one of my favorite threads. I was being too hard on myself but now I realize all of us make these mistakes

Andthetalltrees
September 17th, 2017, 12:51 PM
I regret nothing.
I grew my hair so I could enjoy it, I make informed choices, and so if I mistreat my hair in any way - it's just hair. I don't want hair in intact state if the price I have to pay is not being able to show it off.

I love this attitude! I know I make choices that mean I won't have pristine hair, But it is still mine and I'm only growing it for myself to enjoy.

school of fish
September 17th, 2017, 12:57 PM
I regret nothing.

I love this attitude! I know I make choices that mean I won't have pristine hair, But it is still mine and I'm only growing it for myself to enjoy.

I'm seconding this! I have nothing to confess - I enjoy my hair even if it means I incur a little more damage wearing it down the way I like, washing it every day the way I like, and letting it get a little wind-tangled from time to time. My overall gentle hair handling practices outweigh the damage I collect from my non-protective handling practices, and I just refuse to feel guilty for the occasional hair snap or tangle damage. Life's too short ;)

parkmikii
September 17th, 2017, 01:00 PM
My hair is thinning and I need to learn to live with it.

brooks
September 17th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Im a boy, and im currently growing my hair out. I like to use my sister's hair accessories and like to do girly hairstyles :)

Dendra
September 17th, 2017, 01:24 PM
I'm the EXACT same way!!! It is unbelievably comfortable, but that's all I do! I only have one fork that is too small for my hair, and I'm a college student, so money is awfully hard to come by.

As far as hair sins go, I'm most guilty of wearing my hair the same every day. I've heard that it can be quite damaging, but I'm not sure what all to do with it, so lazy wrap bun and nautilus it is!

Oh yeah, I forgot, I definitely wear my hair in the same position every day! It just feels like a claw clip can't be damaging though.

Jo Ann
September 17th, 2017, 02:03 PM
I do this weekly in summer despite hot hot temperatures and high winds. It does feel good! With added length it's starting to get tangly from wind though, so perhaps this was my final summer to enjoy it.
I, too, do this in the summer--a light application of my argan serum fixes the tangles and makes it easier to brush out ;)

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=976760_1005863_1001554&facet=price%3A0+-+%2410&query=argan+serum#searchProductResult

LaLola73
September 17th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I brush my hair while it's wet, and I don't have a TT. I am also guilty of putting it in a bun when wet.

mwallingford
September 17th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, I definitely wear my hair in the same position every day! It just feels like a claw clip can't be damaging though.

I feel like it isn't especially damaging since claw clips are gentle and make a style morel dispersed, but I'm certainly no expert!

Aredhel
September 17th, 2017, 05:45 PM
I got a hair caught on a necklace clasp yesterday and just yanked the hair out in frustration.shudder:

Im a boy, and im currently growing my hair out. I like to use my sister's hair accessories and like to do girly hairstyles :)

Nothing wrong with this! :) I think we need to quash the social stigma that long hair and hair accessories are inherently "girly" and "unmanly". Screw gender roles, I say... everyone should just be themselves without being judged for it.:agree: If men were only meant to have short hair then it wouldn't keep on growing the way women's hair does!

Wreckinbelle
September 17th, 2017, 09:20 PM
I'be been brushing roughly, really roughly, hearing snaps and not caring...mostly because I'm so annoyed with my hair right now. :(

I'm loooving this thread!! Great topic <3

likelikepenny
September 17th, 2017, 11:14 PM
I detangled my hair today and I wasn't very gentle or patient.

Astia
September 18th, 2017, 04:14 AM
I should have washed my hair yesterday evening, but instead used quite a lot of dry shampoo and since I'm going to work this evening it will hopefully get washed tomorrow morning.

YvetteVarie
September 18th, 2017, 05:26 AM
I haven't been patient when detangling. I rip apart the tangles. I also haven't been doing deep treatments as often as I should, and I last did a protein treatment many moons ago.

Salwety
September 18th, 2017, 06:28 AM
Nothing wrong with this! :) I think we need to quash the social stigma that long hair and hair accessories are inherently "girly" and "unmanly". Screw gender roles, I say... everyone should just be themselves without being judged for it.:agree: If men were only meant to have short hair then it wouldn't keep on growing the way women's hair does![/QUOTE]

I second that Aredhel

Joyful Mystery
September 18th, 2017, 08:56 AM
:hmm: I'm really nice to my hair.

I haven't used my sleep cap for the last few nights. I've been sleeping with it in a low pony held with a scrunchie :shrug:

Dendra
September 18th, 2017, 10:07 AM
I'm loooving this thread!! Great topic <3

Love this thread too! It's making me happy :o

StartingFrom0
September 18th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I take amazing care of my hair , I don't obsess over it though . But if I'm having plans for the weekend , if I'm going to a party I feel pressure to have non-natural and free looking hair, but modern/pin straight night out type hair. I'm just 20 and people my age are not into the long hair community type of haircare or looks. I blow dry and apply straightening mousse with silicones to look presentable since hair is still short and doesn't look cute compaered to other girls in my group for a night out. :( Wish I didn't have to. I always do a hair mask 1-2 days later though.

Stray_mind
September 18th, 2017, 12:24 PM
I'm a blow drying addict... Mostly because my hair dries for such a long time and i don't have time to wait that long.
I Do use low heat (can keep my hand over it for quite a while without it burning). but i bet it still damages my hair to some extent.

Eastbound&Down
September 19th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I flat ironed my hair two weeks ago (after 10 months), and I really really want to go to a salon to get a blow dry on monday.
I know it can be damaging on the long term, but last time was in april and my hair felt so good after they used this super fancy keratin hair mask, that I really think I want to be indulgent for once :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Indulging every once in a while is fine! If we can't have fun with our hair every now and then, what's the point?

my2cats1
September 19th, 2017, 10:51 AM
I wash and condition often - around 4-5 times a week. I could try to stretch it more, but I enjoy the process. It's a soothing ritual for me. At least I'm using gentle shampoos.

Stub
September 19th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Whenever I miss a hair while braiding and it is really irritating me blowing in my face, I just pull it out. I wear the same hairstyle every single day (braided) and just bun the braid for my other job. I don't sleep with things on my head or on a silk/satin pillowcase. I flatiron my hair whenever I want. I use a towel to dry my hair and I also headbang it to help the drying process. I hardly ever look for splits. These are my confessions, and I AM NOT ASHAMED. :redgrin::grnbiggri:bluebiggr

Aredhel
September 20th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Whenever I miss a hair while braiding and it is really irritating me blowing in my face, I just pull it out. I wear the same hairstyle every single day (braided) and just bun the braid for my other job. I don't sleep with things on my head or on a silk/satin pillowcase. I flatiron my hair whenever I want. I use a towel to dry my hair and I also headbang it to help the drying process. I hardly ever look for splits. These are my confessions, and I AM NOT ASHAMED. :redgrin::grnbiggri:bluebiggr

Hahaha oh man. I used to do this.:lol::run:

Dendra
September 20th, 2017, 06:07 AM

Go you! Enjoy your hair :applause

Suze
September 20th, 2017, 08:43 AM
My 6 months old baby nephew likes to make a hair confession. Since he can not talk yet I'll help him out. He wants to confess that he always likes to grab the hair of his Auntie Su and yank it really hard. Oh, and that he is not sorry or ashamed at all. He loves yanking and grabbing hair!

I should come up with a babysafe hairstyle I guess! :lol:

(I don't really have confessions myself, more mini hairdisasters. Was thinking about starting a new thread for that but then saw this one. Just post them here or start a seperate thread?)

AutobotsAttack
March 7th, 2018, 04:51 PM
:hmm: I'm really nice to my hair.

I haven't used my sleep cap for the last few nights. I've been sleeping with it in a low pony held with a scrunchie :shrug:

I too have not been sleeping with my bonnet on. My hair seems okay now, but it’ll just turn into a dry mess sooner or later. Sometimes I forget and sometimes I just go right off to bed without it knowingly lol

thunderseed
March 7th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I am prone to getting bad cases of sex hair because I like having my hair down during, it's so bad that my hair develops actual mats that take hours to get out afterwards, because for some reason a bunch of fluff balls get stuck in my hair. I don't even know where all those fluff balls come from. They are small pieces of white fluffs. None of my bedding or linens anywhere are white.
I really hope I'm not the only one who experiences this, it's really embarrassing lol.

cjk
March 7th, 2018, 05:29 PM
I confess, I over tighten my hair in twisted and bunned hairstyles.

JennGalt
March 7th, 2018, 07:05 PM
I've been using body wash for shampoo... It's the Shea Moisture body wash, and has many of the same ingredients as their shampoo products, just different labeling. It brought a scalp tantrum to a screeching halt once, and my hair seems to like it better than actual shampoo, so I kept using it on my head.

nycelle
March 7th, 2018, 07:16 PM
I confess:
I don't use a leave in conditioner
I don't wear my hair in any protective style
I'm addicted to expensive shampoos and conditoners even though I know most, (not all) are no better than the drugstore brand.
I'm thinking of coloring my hair again. Just can't embrace the grey strands I'm getting. I hate their texture.

Phew.. feels good to confess .. lol..

wannabe-rusalka
March 7th, 2018, 07:57 PM
I am prone to getting bad cases of sex hair because I like having my hair down during, it's so bad that my hair develops actual mats that take hours to get out afterwards, because for some reason a bunch of fluff balls get stuck in my hair. I don't even know where all those fluff balls come from. They are small pieces of white fluffs. None of my bedding or linens anywhere are white.
I really hope I'm not the only one who experiences this, it's really embarrassing lol.

oh my gosh SAME

Ligeia Noire
March 7th, 2018, 08:13 PM
I confess I shot a hair video last Sunday outside while hiking in the mountains, it was so so windy that my hair was flowing all over the place, watching and editing the footage made me feel guilty but hey I went from there right to the shower and Pantene never fails me.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 7th, 2018, 08:17 PM
I confess I shot a hair video last Sunday outside while hiking in the mountains, it was so so windy that my hair was flowing all over the place, watching and editing the footage made me feel guilty but hey I went from there right to the shower and Pantene never fails me.

Looking forward to seeing it! I did a couple with my hair too but never published them.

Ligeia Noire
March 7th, 2018, 08:46 PM
It was not that great but did not want to bother my husband to film as I know he does not like it and I do not have a tripod even though in that wind would have been useless but it would have kept me in frame, guess that will be my next purchase.... I would love to see one of yours.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 7th, 2018, 09:47 PM
It was not that great but did not want to bother my husband to film as I know he does not like it and I do not have a tripod even though in that wind would have been useless but it would have kept me in frame, guess that will be my next purchase.... I would love to see one of yours.

My hubby doesn't like filming me either! I debate whether to publish it, as it is from a year or two ago and isn't of my current length. Maybe at about classic.

chomsky
March 8th, 2018, 05:39 AM
As much as I love my natural texture, if I had the time and the tools, I'd still be a regular heat styler.

No fairy knots, no tangles on wash day: the bliss of straightened hair.

Edit: and the feeling of the breeze on your scalp, feels so nice! I need to stop, it'll give me ideas lol.

Ligeia Noire
March 8th, 2018, 06:12 AM
My hubby doesn't like filming me either! I debate whether to publish it, as it is from a year or two ago and isn't of my current length. Maybe at about classic.

You can mention that in the title or description.

Mustang Suzy
March 8th, 2018, 06:29 AM
I began using a sleep cap two years ago. Now I can't sleep well without it. I've forgotten to pack it on a trip or two so I bought a second one that stays in my travel bag.

AmaryllisRed
March 8th, 2018, 08:42 AM
I hate brushing my hair so I almost never do it. Like maybe ten times a year. And it's not curly. :D

victorian girl
March 8th, 2018, 09:36 AM
I've started to wear ponytails again - just because they look good at this length, much better than at mid-back for example. I'm not sure whether I'd have my hair this short in the future, so I just want to make the most of this stage.

Angelica
March 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
I decided to cut my hair as soon as I came out of hospital after major surgery. I was going to have it cut short just in case I needed chemo, however (touch wood) it appears surgery was enough so I just had a longish bob cut. I am so much happier with it this length and regret the years I spent trying in vain to grow long hair. I can wear it loose now and am so happy with it. :)

QuoteTheCrow
March 8th, 2018, 06:42 PM
I had been eating a whole food, plant-based vegan diet for almost a year, but started taking marine collagen a few months ago to help me recover more quickly from training for a half-marathon.

When I saw how quickly my hair started growing, and the shine and thickness it was getting, I didn't stop taking the collagen. When the marine collagen powder ran out, I actually switched over to an all-animal-based form. I take 3 pills a day, yet still eat vegan meals. It's a really hard trade-off and I just can't give it up yet because I really like my hair growth, too!

Eek!

Dendra
March 9th, 2018, 03:31 AM
I had been eating a whole food, plant-based vegan diet for almost a year, but started taking marine collagen a few months ago to help me recover more quickly from training for a half-marathon.

When I saw how quickly my hair started growing, and the shine and thickness it was getting, I didn't stop taking the collagen. When the marine collagen powder ran out, I actually switched over to an all-animal-based form. I take 3 pills a day, yet still eat vegan meals. It's a really hard trade-off and I just can't give it up yet because I really like my hair growth, too!

Eek!

My multivitamin also has gelatine in it, and I'm veggie :lipssealed: I feel like I have to let myself of this one small thing otherwise I risk resenting being veggie and going back to meat and fish, which would be worse for the planet in the long run.

QuoteTheCrow
March 9th, 2018, 03:51 AM
My multivitamin also has gelatine in it, and I'm veggie :lipssealed: I feel like I have to let myself of this one small thing otherwise I risk resenting being veggie and going back to meat and fish, which would be worse for the planet in the long run.

Thank you for understanding and sharing! And your statement is very well-put. I love how I eat - it makes me feel great. I wouldn't give it up, but you're exactly right about being resentful by giving it up. Cheers to doing the best we can! :-)

QuoteTheCrow
March 9th, 2018, 03:53 AM
I decided to cut my hair as soon as I came out of hospital after major surgery. I was going to have it cut short just in case I needed chemo, however (touch wood) it appears surgery was enough so I just had a longish bob cut. I am so much happier with it this length and regret the years I spent trying in vain to grow long hair. I can wear it loose now and am so happy with it. :)

Angelica, that is wonderful news - and great to hear that you're also enjoying your new look. Win-win!

MorningPerson
March 9th, 2018, 05:20 AM

Eek!

Whatever your reasons for going whole foods, plant based I think you can cut yourself a bit of slack here. The overall harm reduction of a primarily plant based diet is significant. You’re fine. You’re doing fine. Happy growing.

Calaelen
March 9th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Due to disability sometimes my hair will be in the same bun for a week or slightly more. When I can finally brush so much hair comes out that I panic myself.

Beckstar
March 9th, 2018, 11:24 PM
I'm ready to shave my head and go back to wigs. My hair is officially thinning. I had blood work done last week including a complete blood panel and my thyroid levels are low. I go back to the doctor next week to find out exactly what my levels are, DX and what meds I'll need to take.

christib13
March 10th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Due to disability sometimes my hair will be in the same bun for a week or slightly more. When I can finally brush so much hair comes out that I panic myself.

I can relate to this a lot - only instead of leaving it in a bun for days, I leave it down for days (sometimes I don't have the energy or am in too much pain to spend time putting it up neatly). And then I also don't massage my scalp or finger-comb to distribute oils, so when I finally get ready for wash day my roots are super oily, my ends are super dry, and a ton of shed hair comes out.