PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions and thoughts

brooks
September 15th, 2017, 06:33 AM
So im growing my hair out and it going really well. I dont know if you have read my other posts or not but i like using hair accessories that my sisters use and want to do hairstyles that my sisters do. Can you all please let me know which girls hairstyles i can do which are easy to do?

Aredhel
September 15th, 2017, 07:19 AM
French and dutch braids are fun and easy to do with some practice. The first easy bun that I learned to do - aside from a cinnabun - was the nautilus bun... it's an easy and quick go-to for a lot of people here. :) Super pretty too! You can follow Hypnotica's tutorial below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS-BQ5OMV2Y

Also I'd totally recommend checking out the Hairstyle of the Month (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48) subforum for ideas. :)

lapushka
September 15th, 2017, 07:24 AM
So im growing my hair out and it going really well. I dont know if you have read my other posts or not but i like using hair accessories that my sisters use and want to do hairstyles that my sisters do. Can you all please let me know which girls hairstyles i can do which are easy to do?

It all depends on how long/short your hair is and how thick it is.

Could you give us your hair length / thickness (ponytail circumference)?

Eastbound&Down
September 15th, 2017, 09:12 AM
I second lapushka, knowing your length and thickness would help us give suggestions :)

brooks
September 15th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Thank you so much, i sure will check it out! :)

brooks
September 15th, 2017, 12:18 PM
I accidentally wrote wrong size in my other posts but the size of my hair is about 8inches. I dont know the thickness tho, its pretty thick thats all i can say. :)

Xavien_Grey
September 15th, 2017, 01:56 PM
So it really depends on how comfortable and confident you are but ive found that most buns, braided or not, look just fine on guys. Hairsticks, Clips, etc... Id avoid high ponytails and sock buns but thats just me. At your length, you should be able to do a half up. You can leave the tail down, top knot it, braid it if length allows. Half ups, btw, will allow you to experiment with different types of buns sooner than you'd be able to using the full length.

lapushka
September 15th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Yes, at this point you can't do many updos yet. I second Xavien_Grey about the half-ups. Stick to those for the time being.

8 inches? Is that enough for a ponytail? :hmm: :confused:

brooks
September 15th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Xavien_Grey im pretty comfortable n confident now :) I usually put my hair up in a messy bun pr just a ponytail but i want to grow my hair more so i can braid it and more.

brooks
September 15th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Iapushka yes i put my hair up in a ponytail :)

spidermom
September 15th, 2017, 04:42 PM
I accidentally wrote wrong size in my other posts but the size of my hair is about 8inches. I dont know the thickness tho, its pretty thick thats all i can say. :)

Look up Milabu on YouTube.

brooks
September 18th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Look up Milabu on YouTube.
Alright i'll :)

Cherriezzzzz
September 18th, 2017, 03:29 PM
I just reached MBL and I don't think I can do any buns but a "messy" bun... :rant:

I can use a stick but it takes a trick I've not mastered lol