PDA

View Full Version : Which Product To Straight Hair Like This ?

callmebaby
September 14th, 2017, 12:44 PM
https://i.redditmedia.com/NXBxN3jItDubBivulKO4fj-wsBqmWpX8GrTh3iPDqtU.jpg?w=1024&

So i start using relaxer called Olive Oil, after few months my hair become damaged and really dry.

I have 2 questions, hope to get answers from hair stylist or people with experience

Which product i must use to repair my hair ?
which product i must use to have similar hair ?

callmebaby
September 14th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Edit:
link to image https://i.redditmedia.com/NXBxN3jItDubBivulKO4fj-wsBqmWpX8GrTh3iPDqtU.jpg?w=1024&

callmebaby
September 14th, 2017, 12:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1hU0PiH.jpg
Please can some admin edit this, as there is no edit post option :!!

Corvana
September 14th, 2017, 03:02 PM
https://i.redditmedia.com/NXBxN3jItDubBivulKO4fj-wsBqmWpX8GrTh3iPDqtU.jpg?w=1024&

So i start using relaxer called Olive Oil, after few months my hair become damaged and really dry.

I have 2 questions, hope to get answers from hair stylist or people with experience

Generally speaking, you've got to be born with that hair to have it unless you're willing to chemically relax your hair which will cause damage. You can protect damaged hair, and pamper it so that it will still grow and not break off and such (see the thread for colorful longhairs, they likely have tons of tips for that), and of course I'm sure there are ways to lessen the damage when you do whatever treatment.

And as for your photo, it seems like there's a strand texture difference as well. The left seems to have more coarse strands, while the right is medium or maybe even fine. Could just be the lighting, though.

lapushka
September 14th, 2017, 03:13 PM

Relaxers contain lye and are pretty damaging to the hair. You would need to take tender loving care of it (no heat, no color/bleach) afterwards. I would personally try to embrace the natural hair, if that's at all possible, but if not; gotta do what you gotta do.

Damage can not be repaired, though. What's done = done. Especially damage from a relaxer.

Have you ever had a relaxer before?

Anje
September 14th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Relaxers, even the ones advertised to minimize damage, are still extremely harsh and damaging to hair. They work by breaking down bonds within the proteins that form hair, so that some of those bonds can re-form when the hair is more stretched. However, you're never going to re-form everything and the chemicals involved are harsh in other ways, so the hair is permanently more fragile after being relaxed even once. Overlapping applications of relaxer, or more time or higher concentrations, will increase that damage. It's not that you absolutely cannot relax hair and have it still be nice and long (I know someone with relaxed hair whose hair is past classic), but you trade a lot of your hair's resilience for having a different texture than what you come by naturally.

When you've chemically treated hair (perms, relaxers, bleaching, etc), achieving optimal protein-moisture balance becomes a lot more critical, and is more difficult to maintain. Here's a good article: http://blackhair101.com/hair-care/moisture-and-protein-maintaining-the-balance (Much of what's written on the subject is directed toward 4-texture hair, but it really does apply to people with all hair textures.)

Go slowly, pay attention to how your hair feels before and after treatments, and generally treat it gently. Don't overlap relaxers onto previously relaxed hair. Finally, be patient with yourself -- your hair isn't necessarily going to look like someone else's hair, because they have different texture, thickness, etc. That's OK. You can look good with your hair.

lapushka
September 14th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Go slowly, pay attention to how your hair feels before and after treatments, and generally treat it gently. Don't overlap relaxers onto previously relaxed hair. Finally, be patient with yourself -- your hair isn't necessarily going to look like someone else's hair, because they have different texture, thickness, etc. That's OK. You can look good with your hair.

Yes the key here is to have realistic expectations. If your hair is extremely curly, you might still end up with a wave, which you would have to straighten out.

Honestly, to me it's not worth it.

What's your hair texture? I mean *your* texture. It's not as useful posting other people's pictures. Can you post your hair pictures?

spidermom
September 14th, 2017, 04:40 PM
I think Corvana is right. To have hair that looks like that, you have to be born with it. Relaxed hair does not look like that. Your hair is going to need deep conditioning treatments containing both moisture and protein plus regular trims to recover. I think you will be best served by finding a haircut you like on hair that is like your hair.

MidnightMoon
September 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM
I will add that if your hair is curly, once you start getting new growth, it will show, specially around your temples... it's hair that is usually too short to straighten entirely, or just grows before your next session, so think about that.

Cherriezzzzz
September 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
If your hair is short like the picture... use an original chi ceramic hair straightener! Save your hair's structure. They come in a tiny size and will give you Asian straight hair that actually moves and can be styled like the photo.

*hairdresser advice* since you asked lol

Cherriezzzzz
September 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
If your hair is short like the picture... use an original chi ceramic hair straightener! Save your hair's structure. They come in a tiny size and will give you Asian straight hair that actually moves and can be styled like the photo.

*hairdresser advice* since you asked lol

callmebaby
September 15th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Well, i will try to repair my hair or i should do my best to repair them asap.
let's forget about the image i posted, which product can straight my hair without having to damage them ?

lapushka
September 15th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Well, i will try to repair my hair or i should do my best to repair them asap.
let's forget about the image i posted, which product can straight my hair without having to damage them ?

What's your texture like? Could you post a picture or at least tell us?

callmebaby
September 15th, 2017, 09:16 AM
What's your texture like? Could you post a picture or at least tell us?

Yes, sure here we go
https://imgur.com/a/doy0F

lapushka
September 15th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Yes, sure here we go

That is gorgeous. Your natural texture is lovely. I fear you will totally destroy this with a relaxer. Maybe look into the "curly girl" method (it is for guys too) and try and make the best of what you got!

I wouldn't want straight hair either. ;)

littlestarface
September 15th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Yes, sure here we go

You have nice thick wavy hair wow. I'd hate to see this straightened .

Sarahlabyrinth
September 15th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous, I worry that if you straighten it you will cause so much damage to it. It's lovely just the way it is! So many people would love your hair!

callmebaby
September 15th, 2017, 12:39 PM
You have nice thick wavy hair wow. I'd hate to see this straightened .

That is gorgeous. Your natural texture is lovely. I fear you will totally destroy this with a relaxer. Maybe look into the "curly girl" method (it is for guys too) and try and make the best of what you got!

I wouldn't want straight hair either. ;)

Your hair is so gorgeous, I worry that if you straighten it you will cause so much damage to it. It's lovely just the way it is! So many people would love your hair!

Thank you so much for the compliments :o:rolleyes:

Just i like to have straight hair too, reason for this i saw colleague photo similar hair of mine and now straighten with silver color and i kind of like it a lot and want do similar things.

I start using relaxer but i notice my hair start become kind red or damaged so i want to find professional products to straight hair but without damaging.

lapushka
September 15th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Thank you so much for the compliments :o:rolleyes:

Just i like to have straight hair too, reason for this i saw colleague photo similar hair of mine and now straighten with silver color and i kind of like it a lot and want do similar things.

I start using relaxer but i notice my hair start become kind red or damaged so i want to find professional products to straight hair but without damaging.

You already put a relaxer on your hair? If that went wrong, hurry and get yourself to a professional hair stylist and definitely stop messing with it. :flower: