PDA

View Full Version : Long haired Germans

kitana97
September 14th, 2017, 10:47 AM
I just moved to Berlin a couple months ago and the water here is so hard! Can anyone recommend some shampoo/conditioner brands? So far I have seen Pantene, Loreal, and Redkin at the mall and at the convenience stores. I prefer natural hair products but am open to using some conventional ones as well.

Danke!

Anje
September 14th, 2017, 11:43 AM
I can't help you on Berlin-specific water, but I wanted to mention that there's a large active German-language long hair forum, LHN, where you might find more people locally. I believe there's a bit of crossover between here and there among our German members. http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de/

lapushka
September 14th, 2017, 12:24 PM
I just moved to Berlin a couple months ago and the water here is so hard! Can anyone recommend some shampoo/conditioner brands? So far I have seen Pantene, Loreal, and Redkin at the mall and at the convenience stores. I prefer natural hair products but am open to using some conventional ones as well.

Danke!

Do you see any Schwarzkopf shampoos? They contain sulfates but not the harshest there are, and they typically do well with hard water. I have very hard water where I am and they do marvelously.

kitana97
September 14th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Anje, I had no idea there was a german speaking long haired forum. That could be a great place for me to also practice German, thanks!

Lapushka, I have not seen any Schwarzkopf shampoos, but I also have not looked for them. I will look this week, thank you!

_fred_
September 14th, 2017, 01:13 PM
A friend of mine who lives in Hamburg swears by vinegar washes (I know Hamburg's nowhere near Berlin, but apparently it has similar hard water issues!). She puts 2 tablespoons of vinegar in 1 litre of water, and uses it to rinse. Her hair always looks amazing.

Matcha
September 14th, 2017, 01:44 PM
The drugstore chains dm, Rossmann, Budnikowsky all have their own natural hair care product brands, they're pretty inexpensive and good. Also the organic brands Weleda, Logona and Lavera are widely available. Apart from the Langhaarnetzwerk (local Berlin meetings!), there are also fb groups you might be interested in: "Hairtoys Swap Board - Haarschmuck Tausch- und Verkaufsgruppe" and "Zeigt her euren Haarschmuck / Show me your hairtoys".

adrenaline
September 15th, 2017, 08:29 AM
The drugstore chains dm, Rossmann, [...] all have their own natural hair care product brands, they're pretty inexpensive and good.

I really recommend those :o
In southern Germany, our water is extremely hard, too. But my skin and hair got used to it, I guess.