PDA

View Full Version : Stylist recommendation for Lower Mainland, BC

Justy
September 10th, 2017, 11:17 PM
I have lost my regular hair stylist and would love a recommendation for someone in the Lower Mainland or not to far away who respects long hair. My hair is almost hip length and the last few 1" trims ended up costing me 2-4" instead. This brings me above waist length and makes me sad for about a week after each "trim". I would be willing to travel a bit for someone who respects long hair and doesn't secretly want to give me a Bob or Pixie cut. Thanks everyone.

lapushka
September 11th, 2017, 05:10 AM
Have you thought about doing it yourself?

There's Feye's self-trimming method, spidermom's method, and the compact cut method for layering from the book, "Haircutting for dummies". Plenty of choice for someone determined not to lose a lot of length.

You can't mess up more badly than a bad stylist can take off too much hair.

Justy
September 15th, 2017, 06:03 PM
I have thought of cutting my own hair,I even got the sissors, but I have some scarring on the back of my head that makes my hair lay funny and I'm worried that I will have pieces not quite smooth in the ponytail because of that. Also, I like things to be perfect so I may end up with shoulder length hair trying to get just that last bit even!