PDA

View Full Version : Why has my hair gone so limp, thin, lifeless and ugly?

ninjarambohd
September 10th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone. So I have a major major problem. Why has my hair gone so thin, lifeless, limp and ugly? I always had super thick hair. The only thing that I can think of is the fact that I use head and shoulders shampoo and to be honest I actually never get that squeaky clean feeling with head and shoulders and it's always so soft after a shower. I used to use a shampoo called Simple Gentle Care Shampoo but unfortunately they don't sell it here in Ireland anymore so I changed to Head and Shoulders. Is my hair super damaged? Is this fixable?

https://s26.postimg.org/y66a1ynix/DSC_0764.jpg

https://s26.postimg.org/aggud9p5l/DSC_0765.jpg

https://s26.postimg.org/khloml28p/DSC_0701.jpg

https://s26.postimg.org/j3u1ra2zd/DSC_0702.jpg

Thanks everyone for your support.

lapushka
September 10th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Shampoo can't damage your hair. No way, no how. And there's nothing limp, lifeless and ugly about your hair either. :flower:

So there's got to be another reason why you're feeling this way.
Maybe try switching to a different shampoo and see what it does.

We can't guess at this, either.

Aredhel
September 10th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Your hair doesn't look damaged or thin to me either. It's possible your hair just doesn't like the ingredients in your new shampoo. There are a lot of hair products out there that I've tried that made my hair look and feel rather yuck. Try experimenting with something else... maybe another shampoo that has similar ingredients to your old one?

Obsidian
I also think your hair looks great. Shiny, healthy and thick. If it seems limp to you, maybe try a clarifying shampoo. I know head and shoulders contains cones and they can build up over time. Can you get suave products? The daily clarifying shampoo works really well, will clean away any build up left from the H&S.

Sarahlabyrinth
Your hair looks fine to me. Try a different shampoo and see if that helps.

Arciela
September 10th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Also chiming in to say your hair looks fine! :flower: It is also short so I don't think it can have a "*lot* of volume at that length. But as far as from what I can tell it looks healthy, shiny and nice!

Alibran
September 10th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I also think your hair looks great. Shiny, healthy and thick. If it seems limp to you, maybe try a clarifying shampoo. I know head and shoulders contains cones and they can build up over time. Can you get suave products? The daily clarifying shampoo works really well, will clean away any build up left from the H&S.

My first thought when I looked at your photos was that the only thing I could see that might possibly be wrong was a bit of cone build up, although H&S has got SLS and SLES in as well as dimethicone, so I don't think there should be any. Maybe try washing with a silicone free shampoo that contains sulphates, and see if that feels better? If you have got cone buildup, that could be what's making it feel limp and lifeless.

(I agree with everyone who says it looks fine, but it's your hair, and you need to be happy with it.)

Dendra
September 10th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Your hair looks nice to me! I know the Simple shampoo you mean, it's nice and stripping (in a good way). Perhaps look for a shampoo that is similarly stripping, Superdrug sell a L'oreal one which is really good here:
https://www.superdrug.com/L%27Oreal-Professional-EverPure/LOr%C3%A9al-Hair-Expertise-Pure-Dye-Volume-Shampoo-250ml/p/427354?singleResultSearchPage=true

It's a little pricey but you can get 2 for £7 at the moment and the bottle would probably last you a while seeing as your hair's short.

ninjarambohd
September 10th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Thank you very much everyone for your kindness and response! I researched a bit and found something called Avalon Rosemary Shampoo. It looks quite good I may give that a try.

spidermom
September 10th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Get a clarifying shampoo and washing your hair with that a time or two. After that, use the clarifying shampoo once every 2 or 3 weeks.

From what I can tell, your hair seems to be thick but you might have a bad haircut.

ninjarambohd
September 11th, 2017, 03:59 AM
Get a clarifying shampoo and washing your hair with that a time or two. After that, use the clarifying shampoo once every 2 or 3 weeks.

From what I can tell, your hair seems to be thick but you might have a bad haircut.

My real problem is the first two pictures. It looks like my hair is all over the place and thin.

lapushka
September 11th, 2017, 05:04 AM
My real problem is the first two pictures. It looks like my hair is all over the place and thin.

From earlier postings on the forum... can I say, you seem to worry a lot? :flower: And it's absolutely not necessary! I can assure you your hair is not thin - that is not how thin hair looks and falls. Trust me. My mom has thin hair. I know what it's like.

Just focus on growing and have some patience, and chat along with us in the shorties thread.

ninjarambohd
September 11th, 2017, 05:17 AM
From earlier postings on the forum... can I say, you seem to worry a lot? :flower: And it's absolutely not necessary! I can assure you your hair is not thin - that is not how thin hair looks and falls. Trust me. My mom has thin hair. I know what it's like.

Just focus on growing and have some patience, and chat along with us in the shorties thread.

I definitely do worry too much. I'm sorry about it 😁.

lapushka
September 11th, 2017, 05:21 AM
I definitely do worry too much. I'm sorry about it ��.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. Post all you want, and we'll put your mind at ease *every time*, but often times worrying and obsessing too much can have adverse effects. And that's not great either. Now don't panic and think that you've ruined it by worrying. ;)

Anyway, do you need to use the H&S shampoo because of dandruff? If so, then I would wash once in between with a clarifying shampoo and go right back to H&S after that. If you need it, you need it!!! It's all about keeping the scalp happy.

ninjarambohd
September 11th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Oh no, don't get me wrong. Post all you want, and we'll put your mind at ease *every time*, but often times worrying and obsessing too much can have adverse effects. And that's not great either. Now don't panic and think that you've ruined it by worrying. ;)

Anyway, do you need to use the H&S shampoo because of dandruff? If so, then I would wash once in between with a clarifying shampoo and go right back to H&S after that. If you need it, you need it!!! It's all about keeping the scalp happy.

I am really speeches at your kindness and patience thank you. Oh no i used head and shoulders just because I couldn't find any other shampoo. I found one today called Avalon Rosemary Shampoo and I will get it and give it a try. Just to ask how does thin hair really look like? You said you mom has it?

lapushka
September 11th, 2017, 05:52 AM
I am really speeches at your kindness and patience thank you. Oh no i used head and shoulders just because I couldn't find any other shampoo. I found one today called Avalon Rosemary Shampoo and I will get it and give it a try. Just to ask how does thin hair really look like? You said you mom has it?

Hey, it's OK! :D Thanks for saying that, because sometimes I can be impatient too. ;)

I had the Avalon line and liked it. I think it's sulfate-free, though, so that's a change (from sulfates to sulfate-free). I have had the rosemary shampoo, the lavender and the lemon verbena (they did that about a decade ago, which is when I tried them).

Good luck! :thumbsup:

ninjarambohd
September 11th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Hey, it's OK! :D Thanks for saying that, because sometimes I can be impatient too. ;)

I had the Avalon line and liked it. I think it's sulfate-free, though, so that's a change (from sulfates to sulfate-free). I have had the rosemary shampoo, the lavender and the lemon verbena (they did that about a decade ago, which is when I tried them).

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much! 👍 👍

Agnieszka
September 11th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Your hair looks thick to me! I wish mine was like that :-D

ninjarambohd
September 12th, 2017, 04:22 AM
Your hair looks thick to me! I wish mine was like that :-D

Thank you so much for your kindness and input!