PDA

View Full Version : Side shave / Undercut/ Buzzcut/ come grow with me !

valkyrie90
September 9th, 2017, 04:35 AM
Hello from the other side !!! I hope to die that I'm not alone on this thread , guys . After a wonderful hair confident boost I think I need a hair patience boost too . A hardcore one . So in March I decided to get a side shave to celebrate my b-day which I really love . It felt awsome and cool and free even though I wasn't sure if I nailed the style lol. So it was the look back then when I first had it . It's not very clear as I used too much light effect hide my pimples but you still can see the shaved part .

http://i64.tinypic.com/28v8t90.jpg

It was cool and I loved it until my mom and others adult started to throw comments at me which I mentioned on my other thread . So I decide to grow it out after 1 joyful month . Here's the pic I took today . Sorry for the lousy pic >"<

http://i63.tinypic.com/iqcxdv.jpg

It such a pain in the a$$ as the hair sticks out and looks soooo dumb . I can easily hide it if I wear my hair down but it's soooo hot in here so I gotta keep my hair up most of time . It looks even dumber when I put it in a ponytail or a bun . I know I can hide it with other styles but I'm still working on making my bun looks less like a potato so I guess I gotta deal with the dumb look. And it feels like forever . I grew out a numerous of pixes before so I thought this is nothing . Dead wrong . Every time I put my hair up that part sticks right out to remind me . Come share your progress , experiences and tips with me . Show me that I'm not aloneeee >"<

Simsy
September 9th, 2017, 05:34 AM
I grew really short curls out years ago. Some light gel should calm everything down a bit while you wait for it to get longer. Small micro braids along that side are also a good option just to tide you over until you can pull it all back together; French/Dutch braids will be your friend.

I found keeping my short curls pulled back in some manner, trained my hair to go in that direction so when it was loose, it still went back in some degree of order.

school of fish
September 9th, 2017, 06:53 AM
I don't know if I really qualify to comment because my undercut is is just a long layer I cut in rather than a shaved section, but I do have the patience thing I have to wait out as it grows, so I can commiserate there ;)

A couple years ago I trimmed my very scraggly nape hair section into a blunt layer, because the unevenness was catching into tangle snarls, and breaking off during detangling - I was losing ground to breakage in that section. I trimmed that undercut layer to around APL, the rest of my length was around BCL.

The strategy definitely worked for me - that section has been given the fighting chance it needed to grow down properly without getting weakened by tangles and breaking off - but the patience... oh the patience...

That layer is now WL, and the rest of my hair is at its final length at TBL, so I've got another year and a half of patience to go, I think. Give or take.

I can tell you that at this length it all blends in prwtty much seamlessly and you can't tell there's a sizeable layer in there, the way you could for the first year or so that I put the undercut in. So over time the different lengths will blend more and more - but yes, it's a very long patience road getting there... :)

WillOTree
September 9th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I might belong here? I cut my hair short, like a really short bob to even out the postpartum hair regrowth and to even things up a bit on that front. I had a whole later that was about 6 inches long that i just couldn't stand anymore. The bottom two inches on my neck are shaved. I'll need to keep getting it shaved or else it'll mullet pretty quick, but i should be out of this stage by the end of the year as my hair grows on average .6in to .7in a month. It'll be a short stay I hope!

The hairdresser didn't shave enough when i got it cut a week ago, I'll need to go get it trimmed again next week.

lapushka
September 9th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Looks like it is in fact growing pretty fast! That's like an inch for sure, if not more already. I would just tuck it behind the ear and keep it out of a bun (not like you can put it in one, it's too short). Or maybe make your bun on that side a bit, so in a month or two the hairs will reach into that bun. And that is how you perhaps can keep growing until it's long enough to go into a regular bun.

Corvana
September 9th, 2017, 10:15 AM
I've mostly grown out my mohawk now. Idk if it was easier because everything was shortish. But you could always part your hair to cover the cut when you put it up.

valkyrie90
September 9th, 2017, 12:36 PM
I grew really short curls out years ago. Some light gel should calm everything down a bit while you wait for it to get longer. Small micro braids along that side are also a good option just to tide you over until you can pull it all back together; French/Dutch braids will be your friend.

I found keeping my short curls pulled back in some manner, trained my hair to go in that direction so when it was loose, it still went back in some degree of order.

Any types of braid requires skill that for now I can't archive yet but some gel to calm it down is a good suggestion . Thanks Simsy ^^

I might belong here? I cut my hair short, like a really short bob to even out the postpartum hair regrowth and to even things up a bit on that front. I had a whole later that was about 6 inches long that i just couldn't stand anymore. The bottom two inches on my neck are shaved. I'll need to keep getting it shaved or else it'll mullet pretty quick, but i should be out of this stage by the end of the year as my hair grows on average .6in to .7in a month. It'll be a short stay I hope!
The hairdresser didn't shave enough when i got it cut a week ago, I'll need to go get it trimmed again next week.

Can you post some pic of your progress here ? It will encourage me to be more patient

Looks like it is in fact growing pretty fast! That's like an inch for sure, if not more already. I would just tuck it behind the ear and keep it out of a bun (not like you can put it in one, it's too short). Or maybe make your bun on that side a bit, so in a month or two the hairs will reach into that bun. And that is how you perhaps can keep growing until it's long enough to go into a regular bun.

I will try tuck it behind my ear and bobby pin the rest . Hopefully get it out of sight . Out of sight , out of mind . I last shaved it in April so I guess it grows kinda fast but still not enough :(

I've mostly grown out my mohawk now. Idk if it was easier because everything was shortish. But you could always part your hair to cover the cut when you put it up.

How long did it take you to mostly grow it out ? Do you have any pics to share . I"ll appreciate that ^^

Corvana
September 9th, 2017, 01:13 PM
How long did it take you to mostly grow it out ? Do you have any pics to share . I"ll appreciate that ^^

It's been... a bit over a year now? And I've got several photos in my "The Road So Far" album in my profile.

WillOTree
September 10th, 2017, 07:19 AM
valkyrie90 see the bottom two inches, that's what will need cleaned up while the top grows. I remember why I'm not fond of short hair, it constantly gets in my eyes and i don't think it suits me. I found a use for my step daughters selfie stick though! Hair pics!
https://i.imgur.com/lATtBJW.jpg

ezfa
April 21st, 2018, 10:42 AM
Coolio! I was just looking for something like this; I have butt length hair, and a coupe of months ago I decided to do a groovy undercut (pretty much half of my scalp) and though I really dug it, I am starting to get bored with it. My hair caused massive headaches due to the length and just the sheer thickness, but gosh darn it do I miss it. I think I'm going to cut half of the length (mostly because my hair is already not healthy just from lack of care tbh) and sort of start over. I kinda want to do a giant chop (have it boy short) but eugh.

SnowDancer
April 21st, 2018, 11:37 AM
I got my side shave in the last week of July last year. I liked it for about five minutes and... yeah. I'm growing it out. I haven't cut it since then so this is where I'm at right now.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2n9w4k3.jpg

DakarNick
August 6th, 2018, 02:52 PM
I cut my wife's hair last night! I love it!

https://photos.smugmug.com/Kari/i-zLPmzXG/0/cb4c39f4/M/SmartSelect_20180806-080414_Photos-M.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Kari/i-kGcspwc/0/931b8a21/L/20180806_082723-L.jpg