PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG, I just cut bangs!

manderly
October 28th, 2008, 04:34 AM
EEK. I've been toying with the idea for months now, and tonight I took the plunge. After asking the BF what he thought when I made fake sideswept bangs, he decided he liked the look better than without. He promised he'd still love me if I cut them and they looked awful.

I was a wussy, I cut a little at a time. Now I've got some nice sideswept bangs. I may need to take a tad bit more off so they aren't in my eyes, but I think I may actually like them :D

I haven't had bangs in like 5 years. I remember them being awful, but I think I didn't know how to style them back then.

It's amazing how ballsy you can suddenly get with scissors.

I'll post photos tomorrow, after my meet with Mishka_84!!:cheese:

30isthenewblack
October 28th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Looking forward to the pics! I've always liked bangs or fringes which we call them in Australia but not on my hair haha.

Dolly
October 28th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Looking forward to seeing them, Manderly! I was scared but recently did my own, too.....I made some little wispy eyebrow length bangs.....after having my hair all one length for several years......everybody says they look really cute....I do look MUCH better with something on this humongous forehead I have!

Siava
October 28th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I bet they look great. Looking forward to the pictures. :)

EvaSimone
October 28th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Hooray! Can't wait to see pictures.

I cut bangs about a week ago (alright I cut my almost waist "bang" hair to somewhere between apl and chin). I am toying with the idea of going shorter for the side swept look like you have done. I think you might have given me the push to do it!

:flower:

Curlsgirl
October 28th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I hope you like them! I like mine and usually cut them eyebrow length for a while and then let them grow a bit and then cut them back, gives me different looks since I have a blunt hemline otherwise. Can't wait to see pictures too!!!

jojo
October 28th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Don't forget the pictures, I bet they look great x

JessTheMess
October 28th, 2008, 07:30 AM
YAY! I am glad they turned out the way you planned. I cut fringe several months ago and hated the way it turned out :( They are now chin length. I can't wait to see pics!! I know on the taaz thread they looked good.

missy60
October 28th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Bangs wow I never get that brave with scissors. Well I did do a trim on my layers once and it was sort of scary but not as scary as bangs. I would think you would look good with bangs I cant wait to see pictures.

Shanarana
October 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I always cut, trim my own bangs.....I love bangs. Looking forward to some pics. :)

joyfulmom4
October 28th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Wow! I can't wait to see pics.

jessie58
October 28th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Well now I'm waiting to see these bangs. My last flirtation with scissors was not a good one. I hope that you love your bangs. I have a feeling that you will look very pretty with them.

Nat242
October 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Can't wait to see how they turned out!

Gumball
October 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Can't wait to see the new bangs! I'm sure they look super on you, manderly!

jojo
October 28th, 2008, 06:15 PM
drumming fingers...........de....dum.......de.....dum....

Addy
October 28th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Ooooo~ I can't wait to see pics!

I just gave my dd bangs because she wanted them. I didn't make her wait the two week rule out but told her once they are cut, it's done, you don't like them, it's a long time of growing. She really likes them though! I hope she keeps them for awhile. She looks cute. :D

Friesiangirl
October 28th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Wow, I remember when I first cut bangs. It was pretty nerve-recking. I am growing them out now, but they sure are fun!

Hayley

Laila23
October 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I want to see your bangs :D

manderly
October 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Ok ok, photos are being uploaded to photobucket right now.....will post shortly. ;)

Gumball
October 28th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Ok ok, photos are being uploaded to photobucket right now.....will post shortly. ;)

Haha. Slick. You came back to tease the crowd. :drama:

Flying Betty
October 28th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I keep being tempted by sideswept bangs but I'm afraid that my hair won't cooperate. Has anyone had luck getting straight, slippery, hang in front of your nose hair to stay successfully to the side instead of falling straight down over their eyes? I have yet to find a styling product that I can use without my hair looking dark, lank, or greasy with it in so I can only really do this by inertia.

Hope you're happy with your bangs!

intothemist1999
October 28th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Oooo, manderly!! It's exciting!! And BRAVE! Dam* I just noticed that you practically just posted...I can't wait!

For the moment I have grown-out bangs which are a bit layered. They're ok, but best with an up-do (they don't blend well with the length). I'd like to have bangs again, I think. I believe I looked better with them, but I was fussing with them all the time (short bangs) and they always stuck my my forehead in summer which wasn't so attractive.

Ok, maybe your pics'll be there now...gonna go check:run:

manderly
October 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Ok, bangs!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/f76c6832.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/b7766d3b.jpg

Gumball
October 28th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I like them! I think they add a softness when you pull your hair up, too. :thumbsup: Very pretty!

tameriska
October 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
They do look really nice, Manderly, I am glad that they turned out well for you

intothemist1999
October 28th, 2008, 09:45 PM
OMG you/they are so CUTE!!

Well done! Fantastic job!!!

Vitalai
October 28th, 2008, 09:51 PM
They look really nice on you! Bangs suit you beautifully.

missy60
October 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
They look great! I have to agree they do add a softness to your face with your hair pulled back.

Chrissy
October 28th, 2008, 10:21 PM
They look great! You look too cute.

Oskimosa
October 28th, 2008, 10:32 PM
WOW! At first I was thinking that was a pic from Taaz or something. Your hair looks gorgeous! I love the bangs. You did a good job. I hope you enjoy them :)

intothemist1999
October 28th, 2008, 11:31 PM
PS: I love that colour on you!

manderly
October 29th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Thank you :D

It's actually much orangey-er. The light in my bathroom gives it the dark brown tone. I want to make it this color for real though :) I'm planning on hunting down some rainbow henna dark brown sometime soon.

I really like them when my hair is pulled back. I don't feel so severe and fore-heady anymore.

I think I'm really glad I did it, though I felt really weird styling my hair this morning because I didn't look like "me".

sneakybea
October 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I think the bangs look great on you! They soften the look when your hair is up, and draw attention to your eyes!
I had to giggle at your initial posting because when I cut bangs again a couple years ago, I had the same sort of giddy excitement!
Sneakybea

Starr
October 29th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I love bangs on you. . .it's so pretty! On me. . . not so much.

P.S. I think dark brown is a beautiful color on you.

sandrak
October 29th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I love your bangs. You did a great job!

EvaSimone
October 29th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I agree with everyone else... the bangs are fabulous and they definitely soften your updos!

Dolly
October 29th, 2008, 05:05 AM
I think they look great! And I cut mine for much the same reason.....way too much forehead when my hair was pulled back.....you did an excellent job!

curly girl fla
October 29th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Those bangs and the color look wonderful! I would love to have sideswept bangs, but I don't have the patience to straighten them. Enjoy the look :)

melikai
October 29th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I keep being tempted by sideswept bangs but I'm afraid that my hair won't cooperate. Has anyone had luck getting straight, slippery, hang in front of your nose hair to stay successfully to the side instead of falling straight down over their eyes? I have yet to find a styling product that I can use without my hair looking dark, lank, or greasy with it in so I can only really do this by inertia.

No. Sideswept bangs in particular don't work for that (our) type of hair, and trust me on this one ;) I have tried and tried and...tried.

I have done normal long bangs that worked well, though they required a fair amount of daily styling to look good (daily washing so they didn't get greasy, blowdrying them down so they lay properly, etc.)

ETA: Manderly, your bangs look *amazing*!

Siava
October 29th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I knew they'd be spiffy. They look really good on you. Yay! :)

Addy
October 29th, 2008, 06:39 AM
You are so beautiful!

I love them! :eyebrows:

Shanarana
October 29th, 2008, 06:42 AM
It's amazing how bangs can really change your whole look. They look wonderful on you. Great job.

lora410
October 29th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I like them, and you look better with bangs :D

JessTheMess
October 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Wow Manderly! They turned out great!!! I too thought it was a taaz picture at first hehe.:o :cheese: You cut them perfect!!

Monsterkitti
October 29th, 2008, 09:51 AM
You look great with bangs :) Im so impressed you did that yourself! :)

spidermom
October 29th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Outstanding! That's a good look for you.

Nic's
October 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Your bangs do look good. Well done on being so brave and cutting them.

jessie58
October 29th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Very nice Miss Manderly! I caught your avatar and thought WOW. A job well done.

ktani
October 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Nicely done. You look great!

missbexy
October 29th, 2008, 11:58 AM
They do look great!
Congratulations on a nice look and some skilled cutting

lawyermom
October 29th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I love them!

manderly
October 29th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Awwww, thanks everyone! :grouphug:

Um Enis
October 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Ok, manderly, this is my very first ever post in my 2? years here at LHC on a "OMG I Love your hair post".... but, masha allah, I love your hair.

First, I don't know a better way to say this, but your bangs are very, very feminine and for lack of a better adjective, mmm, well sexy.

Second, they really highlight your hair. I would never have thought bangs would call attention to the length of ones hair, but your bangs really do that. They really enhance the waves, thickness, color and length of your hair!

manderly
October 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
:bigeyes: Wow, thank you Um Enis. I'm honored you felt my thread was worthy of your "mush" debut. :D

chelles2kids
October 30th, 2008, 07:26 AM
You did good, they are soo, soo cute!!!:flower:

I just cut my 13 dd some bangs a week or so ago and she looks super cute as well! I think some people are just made for bangs.;)

MermaidGirl
October 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM
They, and you, look fabulous, Manderly. You did a great job with them. LOVE that hair color on you, too! Lovely!

LeaM07
October 30th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Nice job, manderly! Your new avvie reminds me of this actress (http://www.thevancouverite.com/pictures/erica-durance-smallville.jpg) (although I'm sure your hair is healthier ;)).

jojo
October 30th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Ok, bangs!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/f76c6832.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/b7766d3b.jpg

one word beautiful!

manderly
October 30th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Stop, you guys are making me blush! :oops:

NightDaemon
October 30th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Stop, you guys are making me blush! :oops:
Well that's your fault for posting beautiful pics ;)

rileysmama32208
October 30th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I love that on you, good decision! I hope you didnt/wont cut them shorter, i think they'd be too short then. But I love them :)

paper
October 31st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Very cute Manderly! You did a great job!

smilinjenn71
October 31st, 2008, 06:03 PM
LOVE your new bangs! I thought it looked great when you did TAZZ and this looks awesome as well. Actually I'm growing out a pixie cut and debating on whether I should grow out my bangs OR do a heavy bang.:meditate:

Hurray4Henna
November 7th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Dudette! Your bangs are excellent. They suit your sweet face well :D

Tressie
November 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
manderly,

I have to say that everyone is right! Your bangs really do work! They Rock! You and your hair are lovely! :D Well done!