PDA

View Full Version : funny EFL hair comment

Katze
October 28th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Last night my BF made a hilarious hair comment in English. Normally, we speak German, but we are getting ready to raise a bilingual baby and he seems like he wants to speak English.

He had gotten out of the shower and I was in the bathroom and smeared some leave-in on his length (he has between shoulder and APL, 2c, F/M, iii hair). Otherwise, he never uses conditioner (but he has started oiling).

Then I put my turban towel on his head while he was drying himself, and told him he needs to STOP rubbing his head with the towel - that's how he gets nasty matted dreads! I was teasing him about it so as I buttoned the turban and tucked his hair into it, he said - in English -

"You really ARE a hair nerd. Look at you standing there, grinning and glowing, like some kind of little hair monk. Come here, you crazy little hair monk!" and then he kissed me.

Somehow this, delivered in his rather thick accent, was hilarious yet cute at the same time.

Addy
October 28th, 2008, 04:00 AM
How sweet Katze! :D

zift
October 28th, 2008, 04:07 AM
That was really very sweet:cloud9:

Monsterkitti
October 28th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Aww that is cute :)

MandaMom2Three
October 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Ok now THAT is just adorable! :D

aries
October 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM
That is really funny, you hair monk. Where in the world did he come up with that? Doesn't matter cause I can only imagine if my husband said it it would be funny but with a heavy German accent, I imagined it in my head I did heh, that would have really cracked me up. You are lucky to have a hubby with great humor.

Katze
October 28th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I actually asked him what on earth he was thinking of and he just laughed and chased me to bed, saying 'you ARE my little hair monk'. :D

Since he has been calling me a 'pumpkin' lately (Kurbis in German) I think I prefer 'hair monk.' He claims pumpkin is because I represent 'the spirit of Halloween' but having a 5 month pregnant round belly at the moment, it makes me feel a bit rounder...

and hair monk sounds better than hair nun, doesn't it...?

Periwinkle
October 28th, 2008, 06:17 AM
That's so cute! :)

jojo
October 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM
awww little hairy pumpkin is good too!

Islandgrrl
October 28th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Very sweet. It's good he shares your hair obsession a little bit!

maskedrose
October 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Hehe, I just cracked up when I played it out in my head with a thick accent - he is so cute! Lucky Miss Katze :)

angelthadiva
October 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I like all his names for you, how cute! :)

spidermom
October 28th, 2008, 09:22 AM
That brought a smile to my grouchy morning face.

RavennaNight
October 28th, 2008, 09:56 AM
That is so cute! It's great when the men in our lives take our hair obsessions in stride and at the least humor them. :)

camara
October 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM
:) Pumpkin is hilarious, but hair monk is even better. It sounds as if your bf was a kind, humourous person!

Vitalai
October 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Awww, that is so adorable! :cloud9:

BlndeInDisguise
October 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM
That's cute, but how can you be a hair monk when monks don't even have hair??? :ponder: :p

RoseRedDead
October 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Awww.. That is so sweet... Excuse me while I go off and melt now..

Tangles
October 28th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I love spontaneous phrases that only make sense when you don't analyze them too carefully. I have to, as I'm prone to coining them myself. :)

AnneAdeline
October 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
So adorable! I love the term "hair monk". "Pumpkin" is really cute, too.

Friesiangirl
October 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I bet your darn proud to be HIS hair monk. What a title :)

Hayley

CheshireGrin
October 28th, 2008, 08:25 PM
LOL That's so cute and weird. German accents. <3

Katze
October 29th, 2008, 06:25 AM
thanks everyone. It was very cute and weird. I like that he is listening to me and considering me 'holy' about hair, and his hair is showing a difference.

Now, here's hoping our kid - boy or girl! - gets papa's hair thickness, curl, and color genes...