PDA

View Full Version : Which is your real hair?

ninjarambohd
September 1st, 2017, 04:11 PM
Hello everyone. I am beyond sorry for posting another thread. Just one small question. When I don't shower for say 3 days or so my hair becomes oily and I feel as if it feels thinner. But right after the shower after my hair dries my hair is very thick. I can't even find my hair part after a shower but when my hair is oily I can easily find it. So I was wondering which is your real hair? The oily thin one or after shower thick one?

lapushka
September 1st, 2017, 04:18 PM
Your hair is always "real". ;)

It just goes with what the environment does to it, or with what its own oils do to it.

animetor7
September 1st, 2017, 04:25 PM
I've never really thought of any stage in my wash cycle as not my "real" hair. I do have stages I like better than others. For example, after I've put in some dry shampoo, about day 3 is usually my favorite hair day of my 8 day wash cycle. But it all feels "real" to me, just in different stages as it were. :)

Jo Ann
September 1st, 2017, 04:45 PM
It's all your "real" hair--your hair behaves differently depending on whether it is freshly washed or needing to be washed (and all the days in-between), that's all. We all go through those different phases.

ninjarambohd
September 1st, 2017, 05:03 PM
Apology. By real I meant which is your real thickness. Thr
The oily thin one or the a
Thick after the shower one.

MidnightMoon
September 1st, 2017, 05:29 PM
If you mean the thickness we put here, any should do, at least in my case, I can easily get my hair to compress and be straight. I press the measuring tape as much as I can, and would get the same results any day.
If I didn't brush, and didn't compress my hair as much as I could I'd think I'm "cheating" anyway.

However, it does look thicker when loose and recently washed, but that I can't help that. I always tell people who comment my hair is thick how it's actually pretty fine and not really that much.

Jo Ann
September 1st, 2017, 05:55 PM
Apology. By real I meant which is your real thickness. Thr
The oily thin one or the a
Thick after the shower one.
I prefer to go with the freshly-washed one, but the mid-week one works for me, too, after my hair's had a chance to "calm down" (I wash weekly).

ninjarambohd
September 1st, 2017, 06:13 PM
Thank you very much everyone for your kindness and response.

LadyCelestina
September 2nd, 2017, 01:01 AM
Hey, I get what you mean! I have this with texture. I'm reluctant to say how curly my hair is (the 2c/3a/3b etc. marker), since it's very curly after a wash (and I can style it so that it's very curly), but the texture only lasts for a couple hours.... then it loosens.

I go by what my hair looks most often like :) So if you know your hair is "thicker" after a wash, but "thinner" on day 3, then it's probably "normal" on day 2 :D

ShahMat
September 16th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Hair is always "real", it just feels many different ways !

Hairkay
September 17th, 2017, 04:46 AM
My hair varies throughout the day everyday (shrinkage especially). I've always thought of it as always being my hair. The thickness is the same but it may look different in volume according to how my hair is styled or if it is dripping wet. Even my tight curls vary. Dripping wet, most of it looks like 3b. It'll curl up more as the excess water departs.