PDA

View Full Version : How long does the effects of conditioner last in hair?

ninjarambohd
August 31st, 2017, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing amazing! I have a small question. everytime I go to the barbers for a haircut, the gentleman cutting my hair sprays it with water to cut my hair. Anyways. After every haircuts my hair feels really soft. So I'm guessing he uses conditioner in that water? So my question is how long until the effects of it wears off and I will get my original hair texture back? Thank you again.

Anje
August 31st, 2017, 09:58 AM
Depends on a lot of things, like the ingredients in the conditioner and how your hair reacts to them, as well as what you wash with. If you wash with sulfates, it'll probably be gone after your next wash. If you use something mild, it may last for longer. Additionally, plenty of treatments that help moisturize hair or add protein to it will have your hair feeling better for weeks, because they're affecting the structure of the hair, rather than simply coating it with nice things.

lapushka
August 31st, 2017, 10:11 AM
If it feels soft, then I bet you want it to last. I'm afraid, though, it's only, like Anje said, going to last until your next wash. :)

Jo Ann
August 31st, 2017, 07:58 PM
I've asked about that before--I'm always told it water, just plain water.

Maybe you just need more moisture? I'd try misting your hair with water and see if you get the same effect at home.

AutobotsAttack
August 31st, 2017, 09:16 PM
Depends on a lot of things, like the ingredients in the conditioner and how your hair reacts to them, as well as what you wash with. If you wash with sulfates, it'll probably be gone after your next wash. If you use something mild, it may last for longer. Additionally, plenty of treatments that help moisturize hair or add protein to it will have your hair feeling better for weeks, because they're affecting the structure of the hair, rather than simply coating it with nice things.

What anje said. It also depends on the texture of your hair. IF you have bumps and curls moisture may want to escape, or after a day or two it may feel like your hair is dry again. For hair like mine, I can DC and condition, and sometimes my hair will feel like its gone back to before pre-condition in a matter of a day. Some conditioners last a heck of a while for me. Sometimes up to a week. So it depends.

ShahMat
September 16th, 2017, 08:02 PM
It depends. "Normal" conditioner (the kind you buy in every supermarket) only lasts until next wash for me, whereas products of a better quality can have a more lasting effect, but I still get the best results with coconut oil and henna, that make my hair feel smoother and stronger for weeks if not months

RottenMango
April 26th, 2019, 10:54 AM
For me, it lasts until my next shampoo.