PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2019! First half only!

Pages : [1] 2 3

lapushka
August 31st, 2017, 05:59 AM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2019.
Challenge ends on June 30th 2019.

No other trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 5th!

lapushka
August 31st, 2017, 06:01 AM
I thought I'd start these too. Just in case there are early birds like me. ;)

diddiedaisy
August 31st, 2017, 07:33 AM
No one can accuse you of not forward planning, I did a double take when I saw 2019 haha :)

Dark40
October 4th, 2017, 04:23 PM
I'm joining the challenge. I feel that I can do it for the whole year.

lapushka
October 5th, 2017, 09:32 AM
I'm joining the challenge. I feel that I can do it for the whole year.

Yay! Good on you! :D Thanks for joining in. :D

Hairkay
October 5th, 2017, 11:39 AM
2019? That's about 14 months away! Is there a 2018?

Suze
October 5th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Well, I'm joining in. Why not. By then I probably have made it to waist and lets be honest I will probably want to grow to longer lengths.:lol: Had to look twice when I saw 2019 though! :p

lapushka
October 5th, 2017, 02:44 PM
2019? That's about 14 months away! Is there a 2018?

Yep there is. Hang on a minute!

Full thread:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143311

Broken up, first part o/the year:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143312

Broken up, second part o/the year:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143313

Dark40
October 5th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Yay! Good on you! :D Thanks for joining in. :D

You're welcome! :D Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Dems
October 5th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I hope by then I will have grown out my pixie enough to not need mullet maintaining! I am absolutely in!

lapushka
October 12th, 2017, 04:11 PM
I hope by then I will have grown out my pixie enough to not need mullet maintaining! I am absolutely in!

Welcome to the challenge. :)

emilyogini
July 15th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Meeeee! I'm joining! I already will be trimming just once a year, at the winter solstice!

Suze
July 15th, 2018, 11:41 AM
I am so in! I'm going to either microtrim or maintain for a bit to grow out layers untill then.:cheer:

Beckstar
July 15th, 2018, 12:49 PM
It's so crazy how close we are to this challenge. I'm growing for the 2018 challenge, will cut 3" when it's done and join this one. I want to get rid of the ends of my hair that are black. The rest is henna red. I hennaed over blue dye and it came out almost black. Didn't wash out like it was supposed to.

lapushka
July 15th, 2018, 04:18 PM
It's so crazy how close we are to this challenge. I'm growing for the 2018 challenge, will cut 3" when it's done and join this one. I want to get rid of the ends of my hair that are black. The rest is henna red. I hennaed over blue dye and it came out almost black. Didn't wash out like it was supposed to.

I know! Odd how time flies; cliché, but still... ;) Very true!

kamileona
July 15th, 2018, 05:05 PM
im so joining this! currently doing the no trim for the rest of 2018. planning on trimming away dead ends during the first days of january and then keep it growing!

Astrid Carlisle
July 16th, 2018, 04:42 AM
Count me in already!!! :p

lapushka
July 16th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Welcome everybody! :D

Belle03
August 4th, 2018, 02:06 AM
Welcome everybody! :D

Hello, I will join this challenge.

Stray_mind
August 4th, 2018, 02:22 AM
I'm also joining. If i want to grow to APL, i have to go without trimming as long as possible

illicitlizard
August 4th, 2018, 03:17 AM
I'm tentatively joining, figure it's best to trim as minimally as possible which is a serious challenge for me

lapushka
August 4th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Hello, I will join this challenge.

I'm also joining. If i want to grow to APL, i have to go without trimming as long as possible

I'm tentatively joining, figure it's best to trim as minimally as possible which is a serious challenge for me

Welcome you three! :wethree: Oh gee, I always wanted to use this one! ;)

Joyful Mystery
August 11th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Joining. After giving it some thought I've decided to participate in the 6 month challenges instead of the year long one.

lapushka
August 11th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Joining. After giving it some thought I've decided to participate in the 6 month challenges instead of the year long one.

Great either way! Thanks for joining! :D

Ylva
August 11th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I've decided to join! My goal length is classic (for now), and I won't reach it yet this year. After this period, I'll see where I'm at, then. :)

lapushka
August 11th, 2018, 03:27 PM
I've decided to join! My goal length is classic (for now), and I won't reach it yet this year. After this period, I'll see where I'm at, then. :)

Welcome aboard, Ylva!

Joules
October 7th, 2018, 12:14 PM
I'm in! I planned to reach BCL and then maintain for a while, but LHC-itis got the best of me, so I'm growing :bluebiggr

Maybe probably possibly I might go full year without trims and be at Classic by January 2020, but I don't think I can do it, so let's start with just 6 months!

Aerya
October 7th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Count me in! I want to go at least a year without trimming, but considering my hair is damaged from chemical dye I will commit to six months at the time. Hopefully I will be able to get away with S&D and protective styles.

lapushka
October 7th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Welcome, you guys! :)

dagny
October 7th, 2018, 04:59 PM
I'm in!
Last time I trimmed was March 2018 and I want to do another trim at the end of December with the hope of going 1 year with no trimming and focusing on growing it back out. (had it to hip length, then cut back to BSL. Not sure why...)

lapushka
October 7th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the challenge! :)

paulownia
October 8th, 2018, 01:18 AM
Oh, why not... Count me in!;)
This is going to be a serious challenge for someone so scissor-happy like me! I have to really make an effort to go without some cutting for 2 months...
No wonder that I'm still at shoulder ;) I need to do some growing. I can do a last small trim on my birthday ;) the 5 January that's perfect timing.

Milady_DeWinter
October 8th, 2018, 01:21 AM
I'll be totally in! Don't know about the second part (I might start microtriming for a while), but the first 6 months I'm yours! Hopefully I'll hit BCL by spring :)

GrowlingCupcake
October 8th, 2018, 01:30 AM
I'll join! I want to get some layers cut in but I was planning on doing those in May. Another month isn't that difficult.

TatsuOni
October 8th, 2018, 08:10 AM
I'm in after trimming between the challenges as usual.

lapushka
October 8th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Welcome, Tatsu! :)

TatsuOni
October 8th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Welcome, Tatsu! :)

thank you! I'm so happy that your hosting these challenges year after year! :blossom:

Stray_mind
October 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
I am probably not gonna join this time. :)

I'll be growing by my own pace, and maybe do more trims during the year, to get rid of the layers and chemical color.

blesseddamozel
October 8th, 2018, 11:39 AM
May I join? I'd love to give this a whirl :cheer:

ahall83
October 8th, 2018, 02:08 PM
I'm in! Just trimmed 3 inches off a week ago. Will trim an inch right before the challenge starts (chemical damage) possibly. Then I'd love to do at least 6 months without.

lapushka
October 8th, 2018, 02:12 PM
I am probably not gonna join this time. :)

I'll be growing by my own pace, and maybe do more trims during the year, to get rid of the layers and chemical color.

Oh bummer, but you do you girl! I totally understand. :)

May I join? I'd love to give this a whirl :cheer:

Of course you can join! Welcome! :)

I'm in! Just trimmed 3 inches off a week ago. Will trim an inch right before the challenge starts (chemical damage) possibly. Then I'd love to do at least 6 months without.

Yay, welcome! :)

Zesty
October 9th, 2018, 06:34 PM
I was talking to DH about my new length goals during our walk earlier, and I think I've decided I'll do a small self-trim at the beginning of January and then jump on this train. I think I can make it if I combine it with an updo challenge.

Ylva
October 9th, 2018, 07:13 PM
I'm also considering a small trim in the beginning of January. My ends are getting rather grabby. If I can get them under control, I won't, but if they stay like this or get worse, I probably will do it. I wouldn't make myself shorter than TBL anyway (I will be TBL by then), so it wouldn't set me back a whole lot.

MemeAimee
October 9th, 2018, 10:35 PM
I'm going to join!

I haven't cut/trimmed my hair in almost a year, that I recall, other than S&D. I am unsure what my measurements were last year from my hairline, because I used to measure from my crown until recently. But ATM I am at 28 inches, first goal is WL (2 more inches), then TBL (7 more inches), then CLASSIC (15 more inches)!

I personally hate trims with a passion, I hate doing it myself and I especially hate it when the hair dresser does it. When I was in high school, I told a hairdresser I just wanted an inch off, after the cut she had taken off 4 ... claimed it was all dead. After that, I accidentally ended up with hip length hair, due to no cuts. But since then, I've cut short (just above shoulder length), and I've bleached, evened my hemline, etc. But a year ago I decided I liked the way the hemline looked and no more trims or evening.

Glad to be back to no trims. I've decided no trims until I reach classic, due to hit around August 2020. :cheer:

lapushka
October 10th, 2018, 03:37 AM
I was talking to DH about my new length goals during our walk earlier, and I think I've decided I'll do a small self-trim at the beginning of January and then jump on this train. I think I can make it if I combine it with an updo challenge.

I'm also considering a small trim in the beginning of January. My ends are getting rather grabby. If I can get them under control, I won't, but if they stay like this or get worse, I probably will do it. I wouldn't make myself shorter than TBL anyway (I will be TBL by then), so it wouldn't set me back a whole lot.

Small trims aren't that bad, or big of a deal. And Zesty, you made classic a while ago, by the time January rolls around it is going to be past that.

I'm going to join!

I haven't cut/trimmed my hair in almost a year, that I recall, other than S&D. I am unsure what my measurements were last year from my hairline, because I used to measure from my crown until recently. But ATM I am at 28 inches, first goal is WL (2 more inches), then TBL (7 more inches), then CLASSIC (15 more inches)!

I personally hate trims with a passion, I hate doing it myself and I especially hate it when the hair dresser does it. When I was in high school, I told a hairdresser I just wanted an inch off, after the cut she had taken off 4 ... claimed it was all dead. After that, I accidentally ended up with hip length hair, due to no cuts. But since then, I've cut short (just above shoulder length), and I've bleached, evened my hemline, etc. But a year ago I decided I liked the way the hemline looked and no more trims or evening.

Glad to be back to no trims. I've decided no trims until I reach classic, due to hit around August 2020. :cheer:

Welcome! :)

Zesty
October 10th, 2018, 04:42 AM
Small trims aren't that bad, or big of a deal. And Zesty, you made classic a while ago, by the time January rolls around it is going to be past that.

Definitely! That's why I'm committed to not trimming until next year -- it took forever to get to classic, I don't want to go back above it! But I guess that's a thought for the no trimming second half 2018 thread. :p Anyway, looking forward to joining you all here!

WyntreBlossom
October 10th, 2018, 05:08 AM
Have not trimmed at all since may 2017. Im trying to force myself to NOT trim until I reach my goal. So count me in!

lapushka
October 10th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Welcome Zesty & hang in there for the second half of 2018! But I'm sure you will! :cheer:

Have not trimmed at all since may 2017. Im trying to force myself to NOT trim until I reach my goal. So count me in!

Yay, welcome! :)

EssleyBlue
October 18th, 2018, 01:54 PM
I failed the no-trim second half 2018, so I'm trying this next round! Second time's a charm?

LittleHealthy
October 18th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I failed the no-trim second half 2018, so I'm trying this next round! Second time's a charm?

Hahaha I failed the same challenge. I needed the trim more than ever, though. I feel you!!

lapushka
October 18th, 2018, 03:17 PM

illicitlizard
October 19th, 2018, 05:06 AM

Same here! Maybe this time we'll get through it. Apparently I'd already joined this one. What an eager beaver haha

lapushka
October 19th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Same here! Maybe this time we'll get through it. Apparently I'd already joined this one. What an eager beaver haha

You can never be too early.

I have to tell you... Making these threads is somehow "comforting" to me, especially now I've set out on a longer journey, it's fun to know that I have a place to turn to. I am going to make it a "lifestyle", to only trim yearly, if at all, on the turning of the year, and to leave the hair alone for the rest of it (I do the yearly ones).

Hiyotoris
October 23rd, 2018, 12:59 PM
I'm hoping to join in on this! this year I tried *so hard* but as I was growing out layers, I felt like my hair just looked like a frizzy unkept mess! I've probably had a good year of growth though, I'm at waist/top of hips now, I'm just growing out a fringe that I cut in two weeks ago that I already hate! (why must I be so impulsive!?) fingers crossed that by 2020 I will have grown out all bleach in my hair and just have henna on it!

lapushka
October 24th, 2018, 04:10 PM
I'm hoping to join in on this! this year I tried *so hard* but as I was growing out layers, I felt like my hair just looked like a frizzy unkept mess! I've probably had a good year of growth though, I'm at waist/top of hips now, I'm just growing out a fringe that I cut in two weeks ago that I already hate! (why must I be so impulsive!?) fingers crossed that by 2020 I will have grown out all bleach in my hair and just have henna on it!

Get it out of your system while you can. ;) And then you'll be all set to go next year! :thumbsup:

I know impulse, BTDT. We've probably all cut some bangs when we regretted it soon after!

Ylva
October 24th, 2018, 04:20 PM
I'm having very strong second thoughts about this challenge and to tell you the truth, I'm probably not joining after all. I'm just too eager to start trimming my ends, so microtrimming starting from the change of the year seems like the best thing for me right now.

kidari
October 26th, 2018, 10:02 PM
I accept this challenge! I haven’t been able to go more than 3 months before I trim and I remember lasting a year before when I first joined here. I have attempted these no trim challenges and have never followed through. I’ve been trimming a lot and I have cut a good four inches off last month. My ends are so thick and fresh I feel like I’m good to start now... I may cave and do one final trim before the new year but I am game to go 6 months without trimming! Ill be maintaining my long bangs and S & D only!

Sarahlabyrinth
October 27th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Ok - I'm going to join you guys! I have decided that my hair likes a small trim twice a year :D

likelikepenny
October 27th, 2018, 08:30 AM
I'll be joining in. I just trimmed about an inch and a half off my ends and they feel nice and fresh and as kidari mentioned, I may do one tiny trim before I start just to be safe :)

I'm excited to see how much length I'll retain during this challenge.

lapushka
October 27th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Welcome you guys! :cheer:

azinachan
November 6th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Still in no trimming 2018 challenge, but I'm gonna join this instead of full year. Not sure yet if I'm gonna trim in between these 2019 half challenges.:)

Stray_mind
November 11th, 2018, 05:13 AM
I got convinced by dear Lapushka that i don't need trims, so i have no choice now, but to join this thread afterall, hahaha. :)

Hoping to reach BSL by the end of next year.

lapushka
November 11th, 2018, 05:17 AM
I got convinced by dear Lapushka that i don't need trims, so i have no choice now, but to join this thread afterall, hahaha. :)

Hoping to reach BSL by the end of next year.

;) Glad I could convince you. Your hem is to die for, so nice and even. :D

Stray_mind
November 11th, 2018, 05:23 AM
;) Glad I could convince you. Your hem is to die for, so nice and even. :D
Aww thank you so much. I have No idea how my sides managed to catch up so well to make it neater.

I guess i have to thank the uneven hair growth all over my head.

Not sure if i will even trim in January.. :ponder:

I still have 1,5 months to make up my mind. :)
Maybe i will do a microtrim to even out the layers further.

Sid0rela
November 11th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Im definitely joining.
I need a challenge to keep me from impulsive going to the salon and get a haircut.
Im too scissor happy, but always regret afterwards.
Will be trimming in January and start with fresh ends.

lapushka
November 11th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Im definitely joining.
I need a challenge to keep me from impulsive going to the salon and get a haircut.
Im too scissor happy, but always regret afterwards.
Will be trimming in January and start with fresh ends.

Yay! Good for you!!! :thumbsup:

SwanFeathers
November 11th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Stress-trimmer joining hoping to grow out of the habit.

Ju
November 16th, 2018, 05:02 AM
Forgive me for this might be a slightly longer comment :)

I have been following LHC as a lurker since about April 2016 (I just checked in my phone and my first photo of a collection of oils for hair was from then, and thus that must be how long its been!). My hair was so incredibly damaged. I received a flatiron for Christmas 2007 and pretty much used it every day until I discovered this community (almost 9 years later!!). I also dyed it a lot and treated it pretty poorly overall. I also suffer trichotillomania which means I always had a baldy spot here/there from time to time.
When I was about 16, my hair was between waist and hip length - but was very damaged and I ultimately cut it to about shoulder length (it was a drastic chop, and it wasn't without pressure from 'friends' who kept telling me it was too long...). Since then my hair over the years has oscillated between BSL and shoulder. The reason I found LHC was basically because I wanted to go to that length I once had and to do it the healthy way.
It's been quite the journey, quitting heat completely and learning how to look after it. I also have spent the past two and a half years growing/trimming/growing/trimming/growing/trimming and now I have pretty good hair that is shoulder length at its longest. I also have a fringe that I've been growing out and am determined to not cut back in, plus I have a lot of spots that are half the length (or shorter) of my current shoulder length because trich has had me pulling out hair mostly at the crown - giving me a mullet - and at my widows peak - which has basically meant I have a perpetual "fringe" that i grow out/pull/grow out/pull and so on.

I feel like I've definitely gotten myself into a cycle of trimming very frequently, and so I think I would really like to commit to this no-trimming for the first half of 2019 and break that cycle. I think I have my hair in a space where its healthy enough to progress in length. I also don't want to keep waiting for the trich-affected areas to catch up to the rest of my hair (which is partially why i've been keeping up with regular trims that i do myself at home) because I'm ready to progress.

I think this marks the next stage in my hair journey, (the first being learning how to take care of it and really cutting out all pre-existing damage) and I'm ready to commit to just letting it grow.

Thank you for having me! Sorry for the long comment, I just wanted to give background to my motivations for joining this challenge and therefore help myself remember why I'm doing it

lapushka
November 16th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Thank you for having me! Sorry for the long comment, I just wanted to give background to my motivations for joining this challenge and therefore help myself remember why I'm doing it

First of all welcome to the forum! :) It's nice to finally meet you. :o

There is a trich thread here that can offer great support!

And welcome to the no-trimming challenge as well! :flower:

r3d
November 16th, 2018, 07:10 AM
after the hairdresser cut off 3/4 of my long hair this summer, by the time this challenge is over i will have not trimmed for a year ^_^ I am in!

Ylva
November 16th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Ju, it makes me happy to hear that you have achieved all that with your hair and gotten through some difficult phases! Good luck with the challenge. And good luck to everyone else, too!

Ju
November 17th, 2018, 03:59 AM
Thank you lapushka and Ylva :o

Krissycats
November 19th, 2018, 11:58 AM
I'm joining in. This will be roughly until the end of the school year and then I can decide if I want to keep going. I'm barely at waist now, so with a January trim, I should be a little past the goal that I set for myself when I joined the LHC.

Jas
November 19th, 2018, 12:51 PM
I'm in! Not trimming before new years either, I CAN make it to the end of this challenge. I can. I can? xD

bokeh
November 19th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Challenge ends on June 30th 2019.

I'm in. My goal for 2019 is to get to BSL which should be about five inches of growth. I think my coarse hair will do OK without a trim until the end of June and I'll decide then if I want to trim or wait even longer.

MusicalSpoons
November 21st, 2018, 10:01 AM
I think ... I might be in. I could do a tiny trim in the 'grace' period at the beginning of Jan, so I'd technically have reached my goal for 2018 but start this challenge with slightly better ends, and then I would have to not trim in spring anyway because I've already chopped off the small length in Jan that I was going to in spring ... this probably makes no sense to anyone else, but never mind :grin: I'll see - my ends seem to be looking thinner by the day so that might be a good compromise.

lapushka
November 21st, 2018, 12:13 PM
I think ... I might be in. I could do a tiny trim in the 'grace' period at the beginning of Jan, so I'd technically have reached my goal for 2018 but start this challenge with slightly better ends, and then I would have to not trim in spring anyway because I've already chopped off the small length in Jan that I was going to in spring ... this probably makes no sense to anyone else, but never mind :grin: I'll see - my ends seem to be looking thinner by the day so that might be a good compromise.

It makes perfect sense to me! :) Sounds like it's a good plan. I was... slightly contemplating it, ever since reaching FTL in October. But we'll see. I will probably be too lazy to trim. LOL! And grow on; because I'm not cutting but in between years.

Ju
November 27th, 2018, 07:17 AM
I was wondering - for those with lengths say WL and beyond, does the temptation to trim get any less...tempting.. as you progress in length?

I ask because as it stands, I find it so tempting to do frequent trims so this really is going to be a fairly challenging challenge. I think my main desire to trim is to get that all-one-length blunt hemline, but if I waited to stop trimming til I got there it would totally take another year of no advancement in growth haha.

Zesty
November 27th, 2018, 07:30 AM
I was wondering - for those with lengths say WL and beyond, does the temptation to trim get any less...tempting.. as you progress in length?

I ask because as it stands, I find it so tempting to do frequent trims so this really is going to be a fairly challenging challenge. I think my main desire to trim is to get that all-one-length blunt hemline, but if I waited to stop trimming til I got there it would totally take another year of no advancement in growth haha.

For me it's gotten worse because at longer lengths my hair is more tapered and my hemline gets less defined more quickly (racer hairs, largely). So I want to even things up and thicken up my ends by trimming more often. But everyone is different, maybe once you get your hair all one length it'll be smooth sailing. :)

lapushka
November 27th, 2018, 07:43 AM

I think, well for me at least, wanting to snip at shorter lengths (when I grew my pixie out) was kind of a "tic". I just did it to cut and feel better but it really does nothing for the hair. Except make it shorter.

I think when I see your hem in your avatar you can go without trimming for at least 2 years without your hem getting wonky. IMMHO. It's just a matter of keeping your mitts off. LOL!

Anyway, good luck!!!

CopperButterfly
November 28th, 2018, 08:59 AM
I've decided to join this challenge. I don't plan on trimming in January, so by the end of this challenge I'll have gone a year without trimming. My hemline still looks good and I find very few splits when I s&d, often I don't find any. I feel like I just want to keep growing and not lose any length in the process.

lapushka
November 28th, 2018, 10:02 AM
I've decided to join this challenge. I don't plan on trimming in January, so by the end of this challenge I'll have gone a year without trimming. My hemline still looks good and I find very few splits when I s&d, often I don't find any. I feel like I just want to keep growing and not lose any length in the process.

Welcome to the challenge! :D

jtschoof
November 28th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I'm in as well, all though I will trim my hair in december for the last time, to make sure it is ready for these 6 months of no trimming haha. I'm very curious if my hair is able to not split in such a long time.
It's gonna be a lot of updo's, moisturizers and no washing I guess.

MusicalSpoons
November 28th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Heh, just earlier I was thinking I should do a trim on Jan 1st to see if I need to trim any more before the 5th, but a few posts on another thread reminded me that my ends might just need clarifying and maybe not too much of a trim after all :grin: (thank goodness we're still in the 2018 challenge!) I'm definitely up for this one too, no matter how much I decide to trim at the very beginning before we start :hollie:

lapushka
November 28th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Heh, just earlier I was thinking I should do a trim on Jan 1st to see if I need to trim any more before the 5th, but a few posts on another thread reminded me that my ends might just need clarifying and maybe not too much of a trim after all :grin: (thank goodness we're still in the 2018 challenge!) I'm definitely up for this one too, no matter how much I decide to trim at the very beginning before we start :hollie:

Good luck with clarifying, BTW! :thumbsup: Maybe it's just as well you stumbled upon that post! :D

TechnoticEyes
December 10th, 2018, 01:09 AM
Count me in too! It will be two years of no cutting (except for maintaining bangs) for me in March so it'll be fun to have a mini milestone in the middle! :cheer:

cestlavie
December 10th, 2018, 06:33 AM
I'm in! I planned a trim on the 2nd of January (after going without a trim for 6 months) and then I will do another 6 months of not trimming my hair :D

lapushka
December 10th, 2018, 07:23 AM
I'm in! I planned a trim on the 2nd of January (after going without a trim for 6 months) and then I will do another 6 months of not trimming my hair :D

Yay, thank you for joining! :)

MarPreciosa
December 10th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Can't promise I'm going to make it... but I'm going to try to complete this challenge! Getting a shape-up trim Dec. 21 and really want to make it to BSL-ish by summer 2019. The health of my ends is really important to me but going to make the effort to keep them in top shape till then!

CopperButterfly
December 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Can't promise I'm going to make it... but I'm going to try to complete this challenge! Getting a shape-up trim Dec. 21 and really want to make it to BSL-ish by summer 2019. The health of my ends is really important to me but going to make the effort to keep them in top shape till then!

welcome to the challenge! I discovered that by keeping my hair up a lot of the time, the ends stay quite healthy without a trim. You may find the same as the next 6 months go by. You can do the challenge, and have healthy ends!

MarPreciosa
December 10th, 2018, 03:36 PM
welcome to the challenge! I discovered that by keeping my hair up a lot of the time, the ends stay quite healthy without a trim. You may find the same as the next 6 months go by. You can do the challenge, and have healthy ends!

I hope you are right!! I've gone without a trim the last 7 months while growing out an accidental mullet/shag disaster :D. Usually I trim every 3-4 months. My ends are actually pretty ok still - not perfect but just slightly dry the last 1" or so. There were some bent ends and white dots which were S&Ded. I think this round will be better since my new ends will be receiving 100% LHC standard care. I only joined in September so this set was not so delicately treated prior to then. ;) Yes - plan on continuing protective styling at least 5 days a week.

bokeh
December 10th, 2018, 04:10 PM
I'm in. I started growing my hair from a very short cut the summer of 2017. I had two Deva Cuts in October 2017 and then in January 2018. I haven't cut since and there are no signs of split ends at this time so I think I can do it. Like many of you I will be putting my hair into a braid or an up-do everyday to protect the ends.

lapushka
December 10th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Yay, welcome you guys! :cheer:

Milady_DeWinter
December 11th, 2018, 01:18 AM
Still dunno if trimming the 31th or on January 1th... totally depends on family/friends plans those days! :ponder:

Ju
December 11th, 2018, 01:45 AM
I think I've also decided not to do a final trim when we hit January! I did my last microtrim probably late oct/early november and I don't feel any reason to cut any off anytime soon. Hitting the ground running!

lapushka
December 11th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Still dunno if trimming the 31th or on January 1th... totally depends on family/friends plans those days! :ponder:

You have time until the 5th of January (look at the 1st message).

growbabybrow
December 12th, 2018, 03:41 AM
Yes I'm in! I trimmed 3 inches off (salon incident--woof!) in August from 27 inches. I'm currently at 25.5ish. Not sure if I'm gonna trim again before the challenge, but I definitely won't be after the 5th!...well, that's the plan anyway.

Milady_DeWinter
December 12th, 2018, 04:12 AM
You have time until the 5th of January (look at the 1st message).

Yep, I know :) But I like so much the idea of starting the year with fresh ends lol. I will either trim the 31th evening or the 1th in the morning :)

lapushka
December 12th, 2018, 06:49 AM
Yep, I know :) But I like so much the idea of starting the year with fresh ends lol. I will either trim the 31th evening or the 1th in the morning :)

Ow OK then; I just thought you didn't know, because those were the former dates. Great to hear! :D

I am going to have to kill my texture during the week to be able to cut, since it doesn't co-inside with wash day, but it's just a one-time thing, and an inch *needs* to come off, my ends are far too uneven. So I'm just gonna have to. :flower:

Stray_mind
December 13th, 2018, 02:31 AM

I have the same mindset. I hope i can trim on 31, but we'll see... I can't wait to get an even fuller hemline ^^

Eve-Jade-Day
December 13th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Also joining. I got my new wig and I figured, hey, I'll only look at my hair once a month and wear my wig full time, even around the house & at the gym. Hats and headscarves for when I'm not wearing my wig. This eliminates the need for my bio hair to look good/be cut in a particular way. It can do whatever it wants now, I don't care one bit.

My hair is completely untreated now and I think I can "afford" not to trim for a year.

Time to cover my bathroom mirror so I can wash my hair now. LOL

PS.: I haven't trimmed the front since the beggining of December. Last trimmed the back exactly one month ago (2018/11/13).

Stray_mind
December 14th, 2018, 02:55 AM
I keep contemplating wether length is more important to me than health and i keep leaning towards health, so i think i am gonna trim back to shoulder length at the end of the last challenge. It will be roughly around 4 inches of hair,but i can not deal with the tangly and frizzy mess that is this section of my hair. Ugh. I still have time to think about it, but i feel like i have already made up my mind.

Ylva
December 14th, 2018, 11:23 AM
I keep contemplating wether length is more important to me than health and i keep leaning towards health, so i think i am gonna trim back to shoulder length at the end of the last challenge. It will be roughly around 4 inches of hair,but i can not deal with the tangly and frizzy mess that is this section of my hair. Ugh. I still have time to think about it, but i feel like i have already made up my mind.

I'm also beginning to see the charm of prioritising health over length. I can see how cutting 4 inches of hair would make one feel happier about it, and I'm fairly certain I will cut back up to hip length around the same time as you're doing your cut. Instead of just feeling sad about losing the length, I'm starting to feel more and more excited about getting rid of the tangly ends and having a thicker hemline again for a change. The damage needs to come off sooner or later, after all.

I'm not participating in the challenge, just lurking, btw, so sorry for that everyone.

Stray_mind
December 14th, 2018, 11:25 AM
I'm also beginning to see the charm of prioritising health over length. I can see how cutting 4 inches of hair would make one feel happier about it, and I'm fairly certain I will cut back up to hip length around the same time as you're doing your cut. Instead of just feeling sad about losing the length, I'm starting to feel more and more excited about getting rid of the tangly ends and having a thicker hemline again for a change. The damage needs to come off sooner or later, after all.

I'm not participating in the challenge, just lurking, btw, so sorry for that everyone.

It's alright, hahaha! I completely understand where you are comming from. I kinda like being at SL at least for now, so cutting my hair more won't make me all that upset. I will still be able to do many half ups and use lots of claw clips and flexis. :)

I think after my trim i will actually join the no trimming challenge for the entire 2019, so i could finally move on to APL.

lapushka
December 14th, 2018, 02:15 PM
I think after my trim i will actually join the no trimming challenge for the entire 2019, so i could finally move on to APL.

Oooh that's great! :D

Ylva, lurk all you want, no problem! You don't have to be part of the challenge to post here!

deeisme
December 15th, 2018, 07:07 AM
I'm in! I trimmed to 26" December 3rd after fighting a losing battle with dry ends, frizz, tangles and breakage. Now my hair is in pretty good shape and ready to grow to waist length, then hopefully healthy enough to continue on to hip or tail bone. Bring on 2019 and let's see what lengths the new year brings!

Jan. 1 - 27"
Odd as I trimmed to 26" Dec. 3rd but who am I to argue.
Feb. 1 - 27.5"
Mar. 1 - 28"
April 1 - 28.5"
May 1 - 28.5"
June 1 - 28.5"
Gah!!! I stalled 3 months last year too. What the heck?

lapushka
December 15th, 2018, 07:50 AM
I'm in! I trimmed to 26" December 3rd after fighting a losing battle with dry ends, frizz, tangles and breakage. Now my hair is in pretty good shape and ready to grow to waist length, then hopefully healthy enough to continue on to hip or tail bone. Bring on 2019 and let's see what lengths the new year brings!

Yes! Great attitude! :)

Stray_mind
December 15th, 2018, 09:24 AM

It appears i have Not and i think i am chickening out of the idea of a big cut, as my "self protection" instinct is kicking in. Lol.
Ughhh.

The strategy changes a bit. I think i might just trim a bit and see if i want to trim more later. I am finally able to put my hair up in a bun and braid it, and cutting back would mean i would lose all these posibillities for another six months at least.

Tinyponies
December 15th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Hi Stray_mind, when reading your post I just thought, for growing max length purposes might it be preferable to keep your length that you can bun and braid, for maximum protection of ends - then trim back later when you can do it without losing that bun-ning ability? xx

lapushka
December 15th, 2018, 10:16 AM
It appears i have Not and i think i am chickening out of the idea of a big cut, as my "self protection" instinct is kicking in. Lol.
Ughhh.

The strategy changes a bit. I think i might just trim a bit and see if i want to trim more later. I am finally able to put my hair up in a bun and braid it, and cutting back would mean i would lose all these posibillities for another six months at least.

Hi Stray_mind, when reading your post I just thought, for growing max length purposes might it be preferable to keep your length that you can bun and braid, for maximum protection of ends - then trim back later when you can do it without losing that bun-ning ability? xx

Good point. It would protect the ends. And your hemline is perfect as it is. You'd only be trimming to get the dye out faster. It would be a matter of where your priorities are. Length or dye.

I would go for length. Maybe do a small trim (like max. 1 inch) and then let it grow for 6 months, see where you get.

paulownia
December 15th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I plan my last mini trim on January the 5. Then I’m growing. Really curious to see how much it will grow ;)
Six months seems sooo long.

Stray_mind
December 15th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Good point. It would protect the ends. And your hemline is perfect as it is. You'd only be trimming to get the dye out faster. It would be a matter of where your priorities are. Length or dye.

I would go for length. Maybe do a small trim (like max. 1 inch) and then let it grow for 6 months, see where you get.

My last couple of inches of hair feel very unhealthy, even crispy though... I think i will trim at least an inch, but i think i will keep my hair below SL afterall, so i could put it in a protective style of sorts. I will try CG method from January, see where it gets me. Maybe my hair will become less of a frizz ball. I hope i can deal with the transition period though, hahaha. I like my hair crispy clean, so i wash every third day.

growbabybrow
December 21st, 2018, 11:43 AM
I got my teeny trim yesterday. My stylist was super sweet and showed me the ends she cut. I think to check if it was okay and help me feel confident in her work. It was super sweet. Anyways. I'm gonna go for a Solstice to Solstice grow. Maybe get some of that day lengthening magic into my hairs. Sittin at 25 inches--looking to get to 28 by the next Solstice!

CitrusEscape
December 21st, 2018, 12:15 PM
I'm in. I'm obsessed with cutting my hair because I'm a perfectionist (I always see some sort of damage in my hair plus I want to get rid of this dye job). But I must refrain!

Eve-Jade-Day
December 21st, 2018, 01:01 PM
I'm in. I'm obsessed with cutting my hair because I'm a perfectionist (I always see some sort of damage in my hair plus I want to get rid of this dye job). But I must refrain!

Same! I actually buzzed all my hair off to get rid of bleached&dyed over hair and regret it so much... So anytime you have that thought, look at my profile pic :whistle: You can see the regret in my face.

I'm rooting for you, you can do it! :blossom:

CitrusEscape
December 21st, 2018, 06:52 PM
Same! I actually buzzed all my hair off to get rid of bleached&dyed over hair and regret it so much... So anytime you have that thought, look at my profile pic :whistle: You can see the regret in my face.

I'm rooting for you, you can do it! :blossom:

Aaw I’m rooting for you too! And I don’t see that in your face at all. You have a lovely face. :)

Stray_mind
December 22nd, 2018, 09:11 AM
Ahhh. Not sure i will be able to participate. I desperately need a trim for my tangly ends, but i won't have enough money until Jan 10 to go to the hairdresser. Well, there's always the second half challenge...

Ylva
December 22nd, 2018, 09:16 AM
Ahhh. Not sure i will be able to participate. I desperately need a trim for my tangly ends, but i won't have enough money until Jan 10 to go to the hairdresser. Well, there's always the second half challenge...

Or, you can simply set your own challenge to begin 5 days later and end 5 days later. :) The achievement is no lesser then!

Milady_DeWinter
December 22nd, 2018, 09:19 AM
My last lenght shot, 10 days before my january cut! I gained about 3" since june, 1" at last will be gone :) Then I'll be ready for another 6 months!

https://i.imgur.com/9XEEOez.jpg

growbabybrow
December 22nd, 2018, 09:25 AM

Girl. Get your trim on Jan 11 and then modify your own challenge to extend five days after the posted challenge ends! Ain't no thang!

Stray_mind
December 22nd, 2018, 10:05 AM
Girl. Get your trim on Jan 11 and then modify your own challenge to extend five days after the posted challenge ends! Ain't no thang!

Rules are rules though. I don't plan on trimming for a full year after my next trim though. Maybe i will just move by my own pace. I will see... :)

Ylva
December 22nd, 2018, 11:27 AM
Yeah, but what I meant is that you can set your OWN challenge. You don't necessarily need to join THIS one in order for it to be an achievement in terms of growth and not trimming.

RubberDucky
December 22nd, 2018, 11:36 AM
I think my hair is finally at a stage I can grow for a while without trimming. I had to do some mullet cuts this year but don't see a need for those anymore. So yeah, I'm in :)

lapushka
December 22nd, 2018, 11:45 AM
Or, you can simply set your own challenge to begin 5 days later and end 5 days later. :) The achievement is no lesser then!

Yes there's always the no-trimming club thread with your "own" dates, it's in the 1st message, the link I mean!

Stray_mind
December 22nd, 2018, 12:21 PM
Yeah, but what I meant is that you can set your OWN challenge. You don't necessarily need to join THIS one in order for it to be an achievement in terms of growth and not trimming.

Oh, yeah, of course i can do that :)

So i am gonna trim about an inch in the mid January and then grow for a Year. Holding my fingers crossed for BSL by next christmas. ^^

Gwyned
December 22nd, 2018, 01:39 PM
I'm always interested in these challenges. I want to participate in this one since I normally chop off 7 or so inches every February.

lapushka
December 22nd, 2018, 04:23 PM
I'm always interested in these challenges. I want to participate in this one since I normally chop off 7 or so inches every February.

That's a lot! Yikes. :bigeyes:

Stray_mind
December 25th, 2018, 03:26 AM
I probably won't trim my hair for another 6 months, so i am in afterall.

I have decided to grow longer. I might manage to grow past APL and then trim back.

The person who actually encouraged me Not to trim was my mom.

Aerya
December 25th, 2018, 03:57 AM
I probably won't trim my hair for another 6 months, so i am in afterall.

I have decided to grow longer. I might manage to grow past APL and then trim back.

The person who actually encouraged me Not to trim was my mom.

Yay! :cheer:

I'm still in the thinking box on whether or not to trim beforehand. I could use a little evening up as my hemline is uneven, but I don't want to at all. Just now realized I need to make a decision very soon. Either way I'm super ready for no trimming till summer! :D

Stray_mind
December 25th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Yay! :cheer:

I'm still in the thinking box on whether or not to trim beforehand. I could use a little evening up as my hemline is uneven, but I don't want to at all. Just now realized I need to make a decision very soon. Either way I'm super ready for no trimming till summer! :D

I think i made up my mind already. I usually keep my hair up anyway, so i think my ends won't bother me too much.

Aerya
December 25th, 2018, 05:59 AM
I think i made up my mind already. I usually keep my hair up anyway, so i think my ends won't bother me too much.

Same. I'm feeling so reluctant to cutting my hair, like it just feels wrong to take off any ends that aren't split. I think I won't cut it at all... I've had my share of cutting regret already.

_fred_
December 27th, 2018, 08:31 AM
OK, I'm taking the plunge and joining this challenge!

I'd planned on having my 6 monthly trim at the beginning of Jan, but I'd like to see how far I get by skipping it. I've begun to get a bit regretful at each trim because it always feels like 2-3 months before I can notice any growth (even though I only get 1-2cm cut off at any one time), and by that point it's only a few months before it's time to trim again. I reached APL at the time of my last trim back in the summer, and would like to get to BSL unstretched at some point in 2019. APL to BSL is a long way for me (tall and curvy), so I've got a way to go. Hopefully this'll help me get there faster, then I can even up my ends and still have longish hair.

ReadingRenee
December 27th, 2018, 08:35 AM
I am joining this challenge as well. I plan to trim on Jan 1st and then try to not trim for a year, but at least 6 months. It seems like 6 months works really well for me.

Danglish
December 27th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Count me in! I'm a newcomer and joined because of this. I'm growing out a very layered bob(with bangs) and is planning on not cutting until I can safely put up all my hair in a protective manner. As for now, I'm mostly preventing about half of my hair from brushing against my shoulders with updo's, while the remaining layers flail around helplessly

Reyesuela
December 27th, 2018, 01:25 PM
I failed no-trim in 2018. LOL. Not going to try in 2019. My hair REALLY needs its microtrims at this point.

lapushka
December 27th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Welcome everyone!

Reyesuela, you just gotta do what you gotta do! :flower:

Stray_mind
December 28th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Same. I'm feeling so reluctant to cutting my hair, like it just feels wrong to take off any ends that aren't split. I think I won't cut it at all... I've had my share of cutting regret already.

The worst part for me is not being able to use hair toys anymore, if i cut back to just Shoulder length. It's been 2 years since i was able to slide a hair stick in my bun and i don't want to lose that ability.

lapushka
December 28th, 2018, 04:18 AM
The worst part for me is not being able to use hair toys anymore, if i cut back to just Shoulder length. It's been 2 years since i was able to slide a hair stick in my bun and i don't want to lose that ability.

You guys are doing great! And you can re-assess after this half is over. And by then, if you cut back, you will *still* have the ability to wear it up how you want. So it's a little painful now, but it will get better. And you know how I feel about your hemline, right? I also know that you want to get rid of the dye, but the dyed parts aren't that bad, IMO. Just a little more patience. You'll see how fast this half year is gonna go!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 28th, 2018, 04:31 AM
Yes, it's going to go REALLY fast!

Milady_DeWinter
December 28th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Yay for making up your mind Stray! I think you hemline is pretty good, and you can get rid of all the dye later or bit by bit as I'm doing :)

I will trim between 1"-2" just before the challenge: will just look at how much I need to cut just before doing it, with the Spidermom method by the first time. And then, I'm all into no trimming for another 6 months! Hope to reach BCL during this challenge :D

Stray_mind
December 28th, 2018, 04:44 AM
You guys are doing great! And you can re-assess after this half is over. And by then, if you cut back, you will *still* have the ability to wear it up how you want. So it's a little painful now, but it will get better. And you know how I feel about your hemline, right? I also know that you want to get rid of the dye, but the dyed parts aren't that bad, IMO. Just a little more patience. You'll see how fast this half year is gonna go!

Yes, it's going to go REALLY fast!

Yay for making up your mind Stray! I think you hemline is pretty good, and you can get rid of all the dye later or bit by bit as I'm doing :)

I will trim between 1"-2" just before the challenge: will just look at how much I need to cut just before doing it, with the Spidermom method by the first time. And then, I'm all into no trimming for another 6 months! Hope to reach BCL during this challenge :D

Thanks for the support guys!

I am sure hoping the next 6 months will go by as fast as the last 6 monhs have.

I definitely should grow past APL by summer. Then i can trim back and grow to BSL during the next half of 2019.

Milady, you can definitely get to BCL and it will look glorious. :)

lapushka
December 28th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the support guys!

You're welcome and you deserve it, you have been doing really well growing out dye and being very determined! I know how hard it can be and how tempting it is to just dye over it to "even it up". :flower:

Yousra
December 28th, 2018, 06:17 AM
I'm in I'm in... joining the challenge ;)

lapushka
December 28th, 2018, 06:31 AM
I'm in I'm in... joining the challenge ;)

Ylva
December 28th, 2018, 06:43 AM
I failed no-trim in 2018. LOL. Not going to try in 2019. My hair REALLY needs its microtrims at this point.

That's precisely the reason why I decided against joining, too. I completed the 2018 latter half challenge, but my ends thinned out tremendously, and I noticed that microtrims are a must for me at this point.

Good luck to everyone, though! I will be following the thread anyway. :)

LeyanaWhite
December 28th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I'm in! I'm also currently doing a winter growth challenge Dec-Feb so this works perfect :)

lapushka
December 28th, 2018, 09:21 AM
I'm in! I'm also currently doing a winter growth challenge Dec-Feb so this works perfect :)

Welcome to the challenge & welcome to the forum! :D

That's great, Ylva. :thumbsup:

Dendra
December 29th, 2018, 03:00 PM
I'm considering trimming a couple of inches and joining this challenge; it's either that or maintain at waist then join the july-dec no-trim :confused:

drummer
December 30th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Aaah I can finally join this challenge ❤️ Had my last haircut on 28th of december and I plan to not trim until the end of June 19! Plan is to go from ear lenght to chin length! #teampixiegrowout

lapushka
December 30th, 2018, 05:38 AM
Aaah I can finally join this challenge ❤️ Had my last haircut on 28th of december and I plan to not trim until the end of June 19! Plan is to go from ear lenght to chin length! #teampixiegrowout

Welcome! :D

Dendra, it's up to you! You are welcome to join whenever you want!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 31st, 2018, 06:24 AM
I'm all set ready to go now - today I washed, clarified, ROOed, measured, trimmed (just under a half inch) and hope to get a photo shortly :D It feels great to be all set and prepared for a new year of growing! :happydance:

RubberDucky
December 31st, 2018, 06:55 AM
Same here - my hair is all prepped and ready for the new year.

I even bought a new hair dryer. I very rarely use a dryer but in winter it's sometimes needed and my old one was really basic with zero options. This one has all the modern bells and whistles so when I have to whip it out I can use the gentlest settings possible. Ah, the things we do for our hair...

Milady_DeWinter
December 31st, 2018, 07:53 AM
All ready, and trim done!!! I cut 1,25", so I'm at 34 1/4"; that means that in 4 months I will be at BCL for sure :D

My hair is currently drying :) Hope to take a lenght pic before leaving today!

Milady_DeWinter
December 31st, 2018, 09:47 AM
Lenght pics ready!

https://i.imgur.com/lFlgBsV.jpg

Hand at hip (and the flexi I'm wearing today)

https://i.imgur.com/wD117BS.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
December 31st, 2018, 09:49 AM
Great pic, Milady! Here's mine :)

https://i.imgur.com/VD9Oofv.jpg?1

Joules
December 31st, 2018, 02:33 PM
Are we starting already? I can't wait to start the challenge!

Hopefully I'll be able to take a decent length shot tomorrow!

browntatis
December 31st, 2018, 02:51 PM
Hi!
I joined the 2019 no trimming for the whole year, but hey, I will join this one too that way I can stay motivated accomplishing one first. Im excited. It is my first time joing a challenge.
I did my own 1 year challenge in 2017 and I went from shoulder to BSL. Right now I am about to reach BSL my goal is to make it to Waist by the end of the year, lets see what I reach by the end of June.

Ylva
December 31st, 2018, 02:54 PM
Good luck guys!

CopperButterfly
December 31st, 2018, 02:59 PM
Great pic, Milady! Here's mine :)

https://i.imgur.com/VD9Oofv.jpg?1

Wow, how close are you to ankle? Your hair never ceases to impress!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 31st, 2018, 03:09 PM
Wow, how close are you to ankle? Your hair never ceases to impress!

Thank you! It's further away than it looks, unfortunately :D

butterflybutton
December 31st, 2018, 04:12 PM
I've just had a one inch trim ready for this challenge!

Ju
December 31st, 2018, 06:04 PM
I'm so excited that I've made this commitment and am feeling the New Years energy!! I havent gone more than two months without scissors to the hair for one reason or another for the past two years (many many microtrims). Right now I haven't touched them since November, and normally I'd be thinking of organising a trim soonish because I was working hard on my hemline but now I feel such a freedom from that cycle and I'm excited to just let it do its own thing, and most importantly GROW from now until this challenge wraps up six months from now. I feel happy with where my hair is right now, and I look forward to where it is headed this year. First time in a long time my hair makes me feel good about myself, and its only going to get better now that I'm really on my path to longer hair since it is all virgin and in the best condition its been in for over a decade.

Cheers to the LHC members and to the new year and to beautiful hair!!!! :beerchug:

Jo Ann
December 31st, 2018, 09:42 PM
...If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 5th!
You do not know how happy I was to see this lol! I stopped by my barber to have an inch or two taken off, only to find she's closed until 1 Jan 2019 :shocked:

Now I can have my trim on Thursday and not feel rushed about it :p

TwilightMermaid
January 1st, 2019, 01:12 AM
Here we go, here's to a year of wonderful untrimmed hair growth!

LizzyGrant
January 1st, 2019, 05:49 AM
I'm joining. My last trim was in May 2018, right now my hair is almost APL. I had a bob cut before and now it's grown out and my hair looks uneven. The under layer is shorter than the top layer. It bothers me but I'm not sure if I'm going to trim yet.

Stray_mind
January 1st, 2019, 05:50 AM
So it begins...

Lol. ^^
Good luck everyone!

lapushka
January 1st, 2019, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the challenge everyone! :D

:happydance:

I've got fresh ends. I just did my trim today. Back to FTL and onwards and downwards.

Joules
January 1st, 2019, 06:46 AM
Here are my starting pics, wavy and stretched

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34875&d=1546350186https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34876&d=1546350200

Good luck, everyone! :cheer:

MusicalSpoons
January 1st, 2019, 07:17 AM
Oh wow Joules, your recent cut made a HUGE difference! :D

I trimmed ~1 inch last night but my hair was weirdly oily from a glitch in the previous full wash so a hemline pic showed the length and actual thickness(thinness) pretty accurately, but it's not useful for comparison because it doesn't show how it would normally look :rolleyes: I'll try to get another soon. Happily it doesn't feel any shorter after the trim, yay!

lapushka
January 1st, 2019, 07:22 AM
That should be a good starting point, Joules! :thumbsup:

I trimmed today too, MusicalSpoons. Was a tad bit difficult to brush out my hair so soon in the week, and after a wash (with all those stylers in, gel and all) but I managed. And it's so nice after 2 years to have fresh ends. My hem (I mean when the ponytail was made) looked bitten into. :lol:

Joules
January 1st, 2019, 08:00 AM
MusicalSpoons, I know! I'm super happy about it! It taught me that sometimes it's worth to sacrifice a couple of inches to get thicker and overall more beautiful hair :D

lapushka, thanks! Bitten into is a great description, I had it before my trim too :D 2 years scissor-free is hardcore, I wish I could do that too!

lapushka
January 1st, 2019, 08:18 AM
lapushka, thanks! Bitten into is a great description, I had it before my trim too :D 2 years scissor-free is hardcore, I wish I could do that too!

Yes, I thought it was fitting. :lol: It genuinely looked like that too!

browntatis
January 1st, 2019, 06:49 PM
Happy new year!.
Here is my January picture to start the challenge.
I am hoping to reach Mid back length by the end of the challenge.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34895&d=1546393116

cestlavie
January 2nd, 2019, 03:05 AM
Going for a 1 cm trim today!

Zalicat
January 2nd, 2019, 04:21 AM
Haven't posted in like a year but I've been lurking! I'm in for this challenge!

misslynne
January 2nd, 2019, 07:42 AM
This is my first post on LHC :) I haven't trimmed since April 2018 and I think I'm up for this challenge!

lapushka
January 2nd, 2019, 07:48 AM
This is my first post on LHC :) I haven't trimmed since April 2018 and I think I'm up for this challenge!

Welcome to the challenge, and welcome to LHC as well! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2019, 10:46 AM

Welcome here and happy growing!

ohdokey
January 3rd, 2019, 04:12 AM
Hello everyone, back after a few years away. Starting with grown out bob of virgin hair and embracing my weird wave patterns.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2019, 05:46 AM
You can still trim, today, tomorrow and Saturday is the last day, people. Just a friendly reminder. :) :flower:

Joules
January 3rd, 2019, 06:48 AM
I also just measured my hair: it's exactly 50 cm (19.7") from the earlobe down (I prefer to track growth this way, just because it's easier than measuring all the way down the back every time). According to my calculations it should be 59cm (23.2'') by the end of the challenge, so fingers crossed!

M00bles
January 3rd, 2019, 07:53 AM
I very quietly completed the no trim challenge for the last six months and gained what I think was around 3.25 inches of growth. I’m back in for the next half year and I’m starting at 50 inches post trim!

Jas
January 3rd, 2019, 08:01 AM
Let's do this guys! This'll be my last no trim challenge before my hair gets a cut (Last proper cut was 2 years ago) so I'm really excited and anticipating lovely blunt ends! Until then... 6 months. I hope I get a good bit of growth, I've noticed I've only been getting an inch of growth every 3 months for the last 6 months - so only got 2 inches of growth in the last half a year! Not great. Not sure if it's slowed down because the ends are weaker/breakage or.. idk.

Stray_mind
January 4th, 2019, 05:07 AM
I finally managed to take my beginning picture for this challenge...

https://i.imgur.com/zZFK1On.jpg

Good luck everyone!

lapushka
January 4th, 2019, 05:34 AM
Gorgeous, Stray_mind!

Stray_mind
January 4th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Gorgeous, Stray_mind!

Thank you!

CopperButterfly
January 4th, 2019, 04:31 PM
I finally managed to take my beginning picture for this challenge...

https://i.imgur.com/zZFK1On.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Wow! Look at the waves! So pretty.

lapushka
January 4th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Everyone, Saturday the 5th is the last day to trim!!!

Kathie
January 4th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Im in! I asked about bang trimming over on another no trimming thread and have now seen its ok. I just trimmed yesterday, so Ive just snuck in. Im excited because Ive only recently started posting again at the LHC and it looks like I was just in time!

Im a little nervous about whats going to happen because Ive never not trimmed...

Well here it goes!

Doreen
January 4th, 2019, 08:31 PM
I will join! I trimmed back to classic with a slight U-shape on Dec 31. I'm trying to see if my bald patch will fill in or if I will have to do something to treat it and play catch-up.

abribun
January 4th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone!! I’m definutely joining this “no-trim 2019” for the first half!! If I’m feeling good, I might even go for the second half... I have a lot of work to do with my hair since it was damaged a lot from an “accident” at the hair salon (definitely not going back to one of those ever again lol). So I’m set back to the beginning of my hair growth journey!! Honestly, I’m just at the point where I want to grow out the bleached hair. I’m going to grow it as long as I can this year and then chop off most of the bleach at the end. Just as long as my hair is longer than collarbone length, I’ll be happy :) I just want it to be healthy again!

Stray_mind
January 4th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Wow! Look at the waves! So pretty.

Thank you :flower:
It's getting wavier as more of my natural hair is growing out. It also seems my hair likes a lot of hair conditioner, hahaha.

Welcome to all the newcomers! Good luck!

lapushka
January 5th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Hello everyone!! I’m definutely joining this “no-trim 2019” for the first half!! If I’m feeling good, I might even go for the second half... I have a lot of work to do with my hair since it was damaged a lot from an “accident” at the hair salon (definitely not going back to one of those ever again lol). So I’m set back to the beginning of my hair growth journey!! Honestly, I’m just at the point where I want to grow out the bleached hair. I’m going to grow it as long as I can this year and then chop off most of the bleach at the end. Just as long as my hair is longer than collarbone length, I’ll be happy :) I just want it to be healthy again!

You go girl! I'm sure you'll do fine. Hang in there. :flower:

lapushka
January 5th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Thank you :flower:
It's getting wavier as more of my natural hair is growing out. It also seems my hair likes a lot of hair conditioner, hahaha.

Welcome to all the newcomers! Good luck!

Oh yeah, I know that. I think I go through a 200ml bottle in 3 goes.

Stray_mind
January 5th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah, I know that. I think I go through a 200ml bottle in 3 goes.

Wow! But then, your hair is much longer than mine hahaha!

Well i used to put just a little bit on, but this time i used a handful of it, because i felt like i put slightly too much oil and wanted to wash at least some of it out :lol:

Seems like my hair enjoyed it.

lapushka
January 5th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Wow! But then, your hair is much longer than mine hahaha!

Well i used to put just a little bit on, but this time i used a handful of it, because i felt like i put slightly too much oil and wanted to wash at least some of it out :lol:

Seems like my hair enjoyed it.

I use about a big palm full of conditioner, and then it covers the front and back of my hair (it hangs like a curtain when I wash bent over).

If you use about the same as me... where the heck do you put all that, girl? :lol:

Stray_mind
January 5th, 2019, 01:23 PM
I use about a big palm full of conditioner, and then it covers the front and back of my hair (it hangs like a curtain when I wash bent over).

If you use about the same as me... where the heck do you put all that, girl? :lol:

Well, my hands are really really small, so a palmful of conditioner is not that much in my case. ^^

teeks
January 5th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Hey :) I'd like to join if there's still room.

Agava
January 5th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Hi, I would like to join, too. :)
I have been following this forum from time to time, and seeing this idea of no trim at all seemed first too hard ( I have chin length bob), but I want to try, because every time when my hair get the shoulder length, i cut it, and starts all over again with growing. This time I want to let my hair grow longer, finally.
So, my last cut was 4th September to somewhere between ear and chin length bob, then in November I had very, very, tiny micro cut and at the end of 2018 I've put few tape-in extensions on both sides, so it looks longer a bit and makes me kind of "happy".
My hair length is 25cm long today ( I measured a middle strand of my bangs, and I'm going to measure it in June again ).
I'm also planning to join Chin to shoulder length topic, and upload the photos when becomes possible.

Happy no trimming!

CopperButterfly
January 5th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Hi, I would like to join, too. :)
I have been following this forum from time to time, and seeing this idea of no trim at all seemed first too hard ( I have chin length bob), but I want to try, because every time when my hair get the shoulder length, i cut it, and starts all over again with growing. This time I want to let my hair grow longer, finally.
So, my last cut was 4th September to somewhere between ear and chin length bob, then in November I had very, very, tiny micro cut and at the end of 2018 I've put few tape-in extensions on both sides, so it looks longer a bit and makes me kind of "happy".
My hair length is 25cm long today ( I measured a middle strand of my bangs, and I'm going to measure it in June again ).
I'm also planning to join Chin to shoulder length topic, and upload the photos when becomes possible.

Happy no trimming!

Welcome to the thread! This sounds like the perfect place to help you grow. The only way hair gets long is to stop cutting it. :) I get it though, growing past shoulder is such a pain!

TatsuOni
January 6th, 2019, 03:26 AM
As I mentioned earlier, I planned to trim between the challenges. But I've been sick (still am). Too sick to trim. I've decided to join this challenge anyway. At the end of this challenge, I'll have gone a whole year without a trim and it will be the first time for me.

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/6_5c31d6f12a6b222c34187370.jpg
So this is what I'm starting with.

Good luck everyone!

Joules
January 6th, 2019, 05:26 AM
TatsuOni, your ends look great, they didn't even need that trim :) good luck!

CopperButterfly
January 6th, 2019, 06:26 AM

I agree. Your hemline looks very even and healthy.

Sid0rela
January 6th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Last cut was Jan 3 (just the a-line sides to make it a square bob)
My first goal was to grow bleach/dye. So I cut to shoulder to get rid of the dye. I took off most of it, but now it’s a pretty “ombré”, so I will be growing and not cutting... Going for 6 months, til I can make it to a year. Excited!!!

lapushka
January 6th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Well, my hands are really really small, so a palmful of conditioner is not that much in my case. ^^

I don't have big hands either. :)

I used my Dove conditioner for the 2nd time this week, and it looks like I have about a half to one use left. :o

drummer
January 6th, 2019, 11:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

Can i say how absurdely excited I am about my first no trim challenge? Had my hair cut to a longish pixie and I really hope to be at around chin length by summer!

Are you excited as well??? Just bought some new oils (castor oil and sweet almomd) to baby my baby hair 😊

Keep growin’!

Kathie
January 7th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

Can i say how absurdely excited I am about my first no trim challenge? Had my hair cut to a longish pixie and I really hope to be at around chin length by summer!

Are you excited as well??? Just bought some new oils (castor oil and sweet almomd) to baby my baby hair 😊

Keep growin’!

Im definitely excited :hollie:

This is also my first no trimming challenge. Im teaming this with the monthly photo thread so I can really keep an eye on how my hair is growing. Im also aiming for weekly deep conditioning treatments to help my ends out.

Im excited to see what happens! This probably sounds a little odd to those that a regular no trimmers :lol:

Tinyponies
January 7th, 2019, 04:34 AM
For reference:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34923&d=1546519704
I had a look and think it might be reasonable to expect to be brushing waist by June :) (around 3 inches to grow).

Edit, nope, it’s more like 4 inches to go haha :)

TatsuOni
January 7th, 2019, 06:56 AM

I agree. Your hemline looks very even and healthy.

Thank you! :blossom:

lapushka
January 7th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

Are you excited as well??? Just bought some new oils (castor oil and sweet almomd) to baby my baby hair ��

Keep growin’!

Welcome to the challenge! I'm excited too, and I have done a few challenges like this, still it's brandnew every time!

Im definitely excited :hollie:

This is also my first no trimming challenge. Im teaming this with the monthly photo thread so I can really keep an eye on how my hair is growing. Im also aiming for weekly deep conditioning treatments to help my ends out.

Im excited to see what happens! This probably sounds a little odd to those that a regular no trimmers :lol:

Welcome as well! I think there's a good divide here between those that microtrim and no-trim. :flower:

For reference:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34923&d=1546519704
I had a look and think it might be reasonable to expect to be brushing waist by June :) (around 3 inches to grow).

Edit, nope, it’s more like 4 inches to go haha :)

You might get reeeally close! :)

Agava
January 7th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the thread! This sounds like the perfect place to help you grow. The only way hair gets long is to stop cutting it. :) I get it though, growing past shoulder is such a pain!

Thank you! :)
Yesterday I removed the extensions. I don't want them any more. I actually want to enjoy my hair length now, because I really hope my 6-year long period of bob haircut would for sure finish this year.

I can't imagine how my slightly graduated bob would look like in July, but finally I realize it doesn't have to be perfectly straight line all the time, as long as the hair is healthy.

How realistic is to expect shoulder APL in November? My avatar picture is from mid December 2018)

lapushka
January 7th, 2019, 03:47 PM
How realistic is to expect shoulder APL in November? My avatar picture is from mid December 2018)

I would measure. Your hair will have grown about 5/6 inches November, so measure that, and see where that takes you. I think it would put you between shoulder & APL. A nice length to gain in any case!

Agava
January 7th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Oh, sorry, now I see my confusing question. I wanted to say:
How realistic is to expect APL in November? My avatar picture is from mid December 2018

MusicalSpoons
January 7th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Oh, sorry, now I see my confusing question. I wanted to say:
How realistic is to expect APL in November? My avatar picture is from mid December 2018

Welcome to the thread - and the world of no-trimming! :D

Whether you will reach APL by November depends entirely on your body's proportions and your growth rate. For some people it's longer to APL than for other people; I think this is what lapushka meant by saying you'd have to measure, to see how far *your* hair has to grow to get there :)

lapushka
January 7th, 2019, 04:43 PM

Whether you will reach APL by November depends entirely on your body's proportions and your growth rate. For some people it's longer to APL than for other people; I think this is what lapushka meant by saying you'd have to measure, to see how far *your* hair has to grow to get there :)

Yes exactly. Measure on yourself where 5 inches from now is gonna be; that should give you an idea.

Thank you for clarifying, MusicalSpoons! :D

Gisela
January 7th, 2019, 07:37 PM
I'm joining in on the fun!

Beckstar
January 7th, 2019, 08:36 PM
I guess I'm in lol I forgot to cut my hair

Julescarm
January 7th, 2019, 10:38 PM
I think ill give this a try. It seems when I get pregnant or have a baby I always tend to trim then regret it two weeks later after you can't tell I trimmed. Been getting into the habit of S&D. Maybe this will boost my no trim confidence.

Jo Ann
January 7th, 2019, 11:50 PM
I missed my window for a trim--my barber took New Year's Week off :shocked:

Oh well...that means I now have a two-inch jump on my No Trim Challenge :p

Gisela
January 8th, 2019, 03:16 AM
Are you guys going to be doing anything special to keeps your ends healthy?

TreesOfEternity
January 8th, 2019, 06:05 AM

My ends are a mess and I plan on going a full year without trims so I’ll keep my hair in a bun most of the time, S&D and do deep treatments more often. Also I have to find a better way to contain my hair at night because DBF grabs my braid when he moves while sleeping and pulls it all the time, maybe a high bun with a claw clip.

Natalia_A00
January 8th, 2019, 06:15 AM
At first I thought I was gonna do the no trimming challenge all 2019 but I think it's better for my hemline to do only 6 months so... I join!

lapushka
January 8th, 2019, 06:22 AM

I use the rinse-out oil method (see signature) to keep my ends happy. It is putting a tiny bit of oil on the lengths / ends only for me after you have washed and before you condition - the rest is in the proper thread for it. It is so nice (for me) for keeping my ends happy.

Joules
January 8th, 2019, 09:46 AM

I'm with Lapushka about ROO, it's amazing. Also, LOC (after washing). Oh, and silicones. They make my hair world go round, nothing works without them for some reason.

MusicalSpoons
January 8th, 2019, 10:05 AM

Another vote for ROO here, plus double-conditioning, and The Biggest Thing by far for me is keeping them up and protected in buns. So not anything *special* :p but those are the parts of my routine that are most pertinent to keeping the ends happy :)

CopperButterfly
January 8th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Keeping my ends healthy primarily is done by keeping my hair up most of the time. I also cwc, and add shea moisture's Jamaican black castor oil leave in. That stuff is so amazing on my hair.

Milady_DeWinter
January 8th, 2019, 10:51 AM
ROO, Panacea salve from Nightblooming, and hair up 6/7 minimum is my way to go! Also: S&D, to detangle gently and without rush, and wearing a side braid to sleep :)

Sid0rela
January 8th, 2019, 10:57 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/J0gSy3gV/20190108-185747.jpg

Length picture.
Happy growing everyone

Ylva
January 8th, 2019, 01:17 PM

I’m not participating, but also ROO and LCO. I’m still figuring out my ideal ROO oil, but I’m starting to think it’s probably coconut.

I’m also trying to brush my hair less.

Stray_mind
January 8th, 2019, 01:39 PM

Just ROO and keeping my hair up most of the time. I also have a satin pillow case.

Gisela
January 8th, 2019, 02:10 PM
I use the rinse-out oil method (see signature) to keep my ends happy. It is putting a tiny bit of oil on the lengths / ends only for me after you have washed and before you condition - the rest is in the proper thread for it. It is so nice (for me) for keeping my ends happy.

I'm with Lapushka about ROO, it's amazing. Also, LOC (after washing). Oh, and silicones. They make my hair world go round, nothing works without them for some reason.

Another vote for ROO here, plus double-conditioning, and The Biggest Thing by far for me is keeping them up and protected in buns. So not anything *special* :p but those are the parts of my routine that are most pertinent to keeping the ends happy :)

ROO, Panacea salve from Nightblooming, and hair up 6/7 minimum is my way to go! Also: S&D, to detangle gently and without rush, and wearing a side braid to sleep :)

I’m not participating, but also ROO and LCO. I’m still figuring out my ideal ROO oil, but I’m starting to think it’s probably coconut.

I’m also trying to brush my hair less.

Just ROO and keeping my hair up most of the time. I also have a satin pillow case.

Wooooow, lots of ROO advocates. Definitely will try it. Usually I just wash and condition, then add oil to my ends to keep them hydrated for the week, but anything that gives extra moisture is welcome. It's gotten oddly cold in the Caribbean lately and my hair isn't used to it.

Thank you all!

Beckstar
January 8th, 2019, 02:15 PM
I guess I'm out of the challenge. Just had my double side shave done.

Stray_mind
January 9th, 2019, 12:04 AM

Don't worry about it. As long as you have fun and are happy, it's all that matters.

lapushka
January 9th, 2019, 07:16 AM

Joules, I love your new avatar! :D Awesome.

lapushka
January 9th, 2019, 07:17 AM

No longer the one side? How come? That's quite a drastic change, no? No 2 week rule either? Whyyyyy!? ;)

Agava
January 9th, 2019, 10:49 AM

Thanks, sorry for posting the same question twice.
I've measured my hair today +5.5in and I think it could be at APL in November but definitely in January.
I really hope I would resist without giving my hair cut.

Some special treatment in next period would be olive oil mask, coconut oil mask, a lot of conditioners... Also, I think I've done a lot for my hair by letting my natural color growing ( since October) and it is melting fine with colored strands.

Has anyone tried adding olive oil to shampoo?
I've got advice about castor oil, many years ago, but I didn't like the smell so I gave up soon. I'm going to try with olive oil in smaller amount. Any experience?

Joules
January 9th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Joules, I love your new avatar! :D Awesome.

Thanks! It inspires me to grow out my natural color :) and maybe give myself the same side-swept bangs I had back then...

lapushka
January 9th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Thanks, sorry for posting the same question twice.
I've measured my hair today +5.5in and I think it could be at APL in November but definitely in January.
I really hope I would resist without giving my hair cut.

Some special treatment in next period would be olive oil mask, coconut oil mask, a lot of conditioners... Also, I think I've done a lot for my hair by letting my natural color growing ( since October) and it is melting fine with colored strands.

Has anyone tried adding olive oil to shampoo?
I've got advice about castor oil, many years ago, but I didn't like the smell so I gave up soon. I'm going to try with olive oil in smaller amount. Any experience?

That is awesome!

There is something called the rinse-out oil method (ROO), the thread is in my signature. You wash your hair, then take a couple drops of an oil and put it onto your hair (wrung out or soaking wet, your choice), then you smash your conditioner on on top of it and let sit for a couple min., then rinse it out. At least that's how I do it.

Kathie
January 9th, 2019, 02:51 PM
That is awesome!

There is something called the rinse-out oil method (ROO), the thread is in my signature. You wash your hair, then take a couple drops of an oil and put it onto your hair (wrung out or soaking wet, your choice), then you smash your conditioner on on top of it and let sit for a couple min., then rinse it out. At least that's how I do it.

Thank you for sharing this. I saw it in your siggy a while back and became curious. Since many people on this thread are advocating it I'm now definitely going to give this a go! I think I'll try with almond oil as my hair likes it as a leave in...

lapushka
January 9th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I saw it in your siggy a while back and became curious. Since many people on this thread are advocating it I'm now definitely going to give this a go! I think I'll try with almond oil as my hair likes it as a leave in...

In case you haven't yet had the time to read through the thread... You don't need a lot of oil, just about 10 drops is usually enough.

I use 10 drops of baby oil or 16-20 drops of a natural oil on the last 8 inches of my hair right now. I am very careful not to coat my entire length (don't want weighed down hair), and for sure not to get it near my scalp!

Go slow, so try 10 drops first, just to be safe!

Natalia_A00
January 9th, 2019, 04:03 PM
I'm going to try ROO as well, and there is a Brazilian challenge in which they alternate different types of hair masks and have a hair schedule. I'm going to investigate a little bit about that because they all have amazing hair and results

Gisela
January 9th, 2019, 06:50 PM
I'm going to try ROO as well, and there is a Brazilian challenge in which they alternate different types of hair masks and have a hair schedule. I'm going to investigate a little bit about that because they all have amazing hair and results

Oh! I've seen this! It's called a cronograma capilar, right? It's super organized and seemingly effective. They mark treatment phases and alternate between moisture, nutrition, and repair. The usual schedule is 8 monthly hydrations (they usually use liquid panthenol mixed with hydrating conditioner), 3 nutritions (oils), and a repair (protein).

If you want info, here's a video of a girl showing her complete schedule (it's in Portuguese, but you can get the gist of it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vBhgvmFFnA

A few sites:

https://www.todecacho.com.br/cronograma-capilar-como-fazer/

https://cabelosderainha.com.br/cronograma-capilar-o-que-e-e-como-funciona/

https://www.dicasdemulher.com.br/cronograma-capilar/

The sites are in Portuguese, but nothing google translate can't fix. It's hard to find info on this in other languages, as it hasn't grown popular outside of Brazil.

:cheer:

browntatis
January 9th, 2019, 11:53 PM

I use the Cronograma Capilar method and i love it, it really works.
You have to wash your hair 3 times a week, it works for me because I wash my hair every other day.
There is 3 different schedules to do the cronograma capilar, for very damaged hair, for damage hair and for healthy hair.
It consists on using a hair mask in the order based on the schedule for your type of hair.
The hair mask are Hydration, Moisturizing and Reparing.
You can find alot on Instagram, everything is in Portuguese, my first language is Spanish so I can understand it easy for being very similar languages, but you can still use a translator.

paulownia
January 10th, 2019, 01:43 AM
Feels strange that I will not cut my hair in 6 months;)
I actually don’t understand why I cut my hair so often in the last 4 years... when I first started to grow ( 2009) I was starting from chin length, I had a cut in October 2009 and then I let it grow. I went almost 10 months without a trim. My hair was growing and I was trimming maybe once a year... in 2011 it looked already like this
https://i.postimg.cc/pdj4p2qF/E554-D3-BB-B0-C5-48-AF-B1-D6-17-FA018-FF97-F.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Then I cut from APL to shoulder in 2013. And got layers. From this point I started experimenting with different shorter crops and layering, cutting - wanting to grow - cutting again. A pixie in 2016. Growing again.
I think that this desire to trim and even out is strange... I was able to not touch scissors for long periods of time before. Why I became so obsessed with cutting after the bigger chop? I’m growing out bangs and layers. Itching to trim and even out basically every month.
Really hope that I will stick to no trimming this time and stay in the challenge.

Sid0rela
January 10th, 2019, 08:05 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/GtBh2432/20190110-160010.jpg

Hairpic of today... will make another one at the end of the challenge

lapushka
January 10th, 2019, 08:20 AM
That's very pretty, paulownia. It looked nice in that picture. What's it like now?

Sid0rela, looks like very thick hair! OMG your hemline looks so thick.

paulownia
January 10th, 2019, 08:53 AM
That's very pretty, paulownia. It looked nice in that picture. What's it like now?
Thank you :)
It looks like this now. I took a picture today after the wash.
https://i.postimg.cc/BZ19Dxpd/AA3-DEB6-D-A2-B4-4712-91-D3-CE41-C2-C9-E8-D9.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Long way to go ( sigh)

Stray_mind
January 10th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Wow your hair is So thick! Looks like you won't need trimming for longer than 6 months!

Thank you :)
It looks like this now. I took a picture today after the wash.
https://i.postimg.cc/BZ19Dxpd/AA3-DEB6-D-A2-B4-4712-91-D3-CE41-C2-C9-E8-D9.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Long way to go ( sigh)

I really love your texture. Good luck! :blossom:

Sid0rela
January 10th, 2019, 12:50 PM
lapushka thank you!! It is thick and the scalp is very oily, so unfortunately i have to wash every other day..
stray_mind thank you. I have this thing that when i see a split end i cut the hair instead of microtrim..

Sparkles122
January 10th, 2019, 01:50 PM

I’m so jealous that you have all your natural hair! Looks so nice. When did you stop dying it?