PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2019!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lapushka
August 30th, 2017, 07:17 AM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2019. No other trims are allowed during the calendar year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

Past challenges:

No-trimming 2017!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139906

No-trimming 2018!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143311

Future challenges, still to come!

If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 5th!

lapushka
August 30th, 2017, 07:18 AM
I thought I'd get a head-start, because it looks like I will be no-trimming 2017, 2018, and 2019. It is my goal to see how far I can go beyond classic. If at one time it becomes too uncomfortable for me, I will probably bow out of 2019, but we'll see how far I get.

Anyone keen on getting a head start as well? ;)

Ah goals... <sigh>

LadyCelestina
August 30th, 2017, 08:08 AM
I think this may be a tad too early:D I wonder if you'll even remember this thread by the time 2019 rolls by

For a second I was confused, I thought it's already 2018 and I missed a year of life somehow :D

lapushka
August 30th, 2017, 08:17 AM
I think this may be a tad too early:D I wonder if you'll even remember this thread by the time 2019 rolls by

For a second I was confused, I thought it's already 2018 and I missed a year of life somehow :D

No. I'll link to the following threads in the previous ones. So, hopefully, no one forgets there is one out there already. ;) I'll do that now!

Corvana
August 30th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Oh my goodness lapushka :rollin: A bit early!

But that's alright. I do the same with a lot of things, tbh!

SnowDancer
August 30th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Sign me up!

lapushka
August 30th, 2017, 04:27 PM
I just wanted to set a firm goal, for myself mainly. I admit that. With a little luck I will not be trimming 2017, 2018 & 2019. I hope. ;)

Dendra
August 30th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I just wanted to set a firm goal, for myself mainly. I admit that. With a little luck I will not be trimming 2017, 2018 & 2019. I hope. ;)

Go you! As you said no shame in backing out of 2019 if it's been too long without trims.

pandabarrier
August 30th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Oh, that's a firm goal! I have signed up for no trimming 2017 and 2018, but I'm tempted to go back to micro-trimming in 2018 to thicken the hemline.

Jo Ann
August 30th, 2017, 07:07 PM
You are an early bird, aren't you, Lapushka :p

Count me in, but I might split 2018 into two parts--I want to get my thickness to travel down some before I commit to a full-year challenge again... ;)

lapushka
August 31st, 2017, 05:41 AM
You are an early bird, aren't you, Lapushka :p

Count me in, but I might split 2018 into two parts--I want to get my thickness to travel down some before I commit to a full-year challenge again... ;)

If you're looking for the threads, here they are:

First half of 2018:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143312

Second half of 2018:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143313

Simsy
August 31st, 2017, 06:12 AM
I may possibly land in here, simply because I so rarely get time to trim. At least if I join a challenge, I can tell myself I'm not trimming for a "good" reason instead of admitting I'm just too lazy.

wo
August 31st, 2017, 12:32 PM
If I did this, I should be around hip length at the end of 2019!?! 😮 And also it would be 4 years without trimming. I have no idea what either of those things are like, but it's a fun thought.

Cherriezzzzz
August 31st, 2017, 01:41 PM
Oh no you didn't!? AHHH! I'm literally afraid to commit. I'm extremely loyal. I refuse to break ANY commitment... I've finally picked out mid thigh as my ultimate goal... 2019 no trims will get me very far... I'm lurking... for now ;)

I thought I wanted knee length but I don't think I'd like "eyes" at my knees? Hahaha I'm coming up on one year of no trims...

Oh why did you start this thread? Hahaha I'll be back... I need some time? I'm getting withdrawals! If I could just get pregnant then this would all grow out so much faster hahaha

Cherriezzzzz
August 31st, 2017, 01:43 PM
If I did this, I should be around hip length at the end of 2019!?! 😮 And also it would be 4 years without trimming. I have no idea what either of those things are like, but it's a fun thought.

Four years...?! :toast::bowtome::rockerdud

You're awesome!

lapushka
August 31st, 2017, 02:26 PM
If I did this, I should be around hip length at the end of 2019!?! �� And also it would be 4 years without trimming. I have no idea what either of those things are like, but it's a fun thought.

Woohoo, go for it! :cheer:

embee
August 31st, 2017, 04:30 PM
I'm in!
(characters......)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 31st, 2017, 05:03 PM
Oh my, you are the early bird, Lapushka! :p I have no plans for my hair beyond next year at this stage! :D But there's nothing like planning for the future, so they say :)

Eastbound&Down
September 1st, 2017, 12:31 PM
I'm going to have to see how 2018 goes, I'm in the 2017 challenge and going strong, signed up for 2018 as well, but I'll probably need a trim by the end of next year, even if just 1/2 inch or so. We will see!

Dark40
September 1st, 2017, 03:39 PM
I'm signing in. I haven't had a trim since November of 2016, and my hair's condition has been doing great without trims. Plus, I've been able to retain length without any trims too since I've joined the LHC!

Dark40
September 1st, 2017, 03:42 PM

Me too, also want to set a firm goal, for myself. With luck I haven't had to trim in 2017, and I'm not planning on trimming in 2018 either, and I'm also not planning on trimming in 2019 either.

lapushka
September 1st, 2017, 04:26 PM
Me too, also want to set a firm goal, for myself. With luck I haven't had to trim in 2017, and I'm not planning on trimming in 2018 either, and I'm also not planning on trimming in 2019 either.

Yay! :cheer: :thumbsup:

divinedobbie
September 1st, 2017, 05:04 PM
Oh my and I'm stressed out because I don't know what I'm going to do with my hair in a month's time ;)

lapushka
September 2nd, 2017, 07:01 AM
Oh my and I'm stressed out because I don't know what I'm going to do with my hair in a month's time ;)

Yeah, I know. LOL! :lol:

Dark40
September 3rd, 2017, 07:08 AM
Yay! :cheer: :thumbsup:

Yay! :D:thumbsup:

ShahMat
September 16th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Setting a goal way ahead seems like a good idea !
I have a question though, which may be very silly: if I decide to participate to both the 2018 and 2019 no-trimming challenge, does it mean that I have to go two years without trimming or can I trim on 1st January 2019 and then just start over?
Not that I am that eager to trim, but just in case xD

lapushka
September 17th, 2017, 05:10 AM
Setting a goal way ahead seems like a good idea !
I have a question though, which may be very silly: if I decide to participate to both the 2018 and 2019 no-trimming challenge, does it mean that I have to go two years without trimming or can I trim on 1st January 2019 and then just start over?
Not that I am that eager to trim, but just in case xD

No you can trim in between the years. They are individual, yearly challenges, so... no problem! :flower:

Reyn127
September 17th, 2017, 02:54 PM
I may as well insert myself here, as well. After making the Vow to not cut my hair for three full years (thread here if anyone's interested: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117897 ), I figure I won't be cutting my hair until mid-2020 anyway.

Joyful Mystery
September 18th, 2017, 09:30 AM
I'm in! I've learned during the 2017 challenge that my hair does just fine without regular trims and I'm already on board for next years challenge. I have lofty hair goals so might as well join this one too! I'm getting excited just thinking of where I'll be after this challenge :eek:

Salwety
November 5th, 2017, 03:34 AM
I tried not to trim in 2017. But I was still struggling with damaged permed hair that needed to be trimmed. So I ended up with 3 trims in the first quarter. Since then I haven't touched the scissors.
So next year I have high hopes that I will not be tempted to trim, and the ends will not get damaged as I no longer use harsh chemicals on it.

So yes count me in.

lapushka
November 5th, 2017, 04:20 AM
Welcome to the challenge! :)

Lazy Loop
November 12th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Oh sorry, I was reading both threads. I will check in with 2019 after 2018 no trim!!:magic::magic::magic::

lapushka
November 13th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Yes, it can get confusing. LOL. I just thought I'd post the threads for those of us planning ahead, and I was doing that, so...

abribun
November 13th, 2017, 09:48 PM
I just joined the 2018 challenge but I've decided to push myself even more and do 2019 as well! My biggest issue with my hair growth journey is getting frustrated and cutting back to shorter lengths. I've been sitting between APL and BSL for 3 years and it's driving me crazy. If I only have 1 trim in between 2018 and 2019 I should be able to get at least 12 inches of growth which will hopefully bring me to HL! I am so excited for both of these challenges and really hope I can pull myself through both years :) let's do this!

leayellena
November 14th, 2017, 01:14 AM
hmm alright let´s say I can do this in 2019 but I have some questions
how about the uneven growth? does micro trim helps to even my eventual fairy ends? or this no trimming actually helps to reach your terminal length to floor for example?
please excuse my stupidity, but I am keeping micro trims until I reach class then I trim to even the rest of the layers and uneven growth until I feel it´s time to move on to tigh length. this could take the whole 2018 for sure. I don´t know if I get rid of braid taper in a year, just asking because I am curious.
thx in advance.

victorian girl
December 26th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Hmmm... I feel like I'm in, because in 2019 I'll probably be somewhere in the mid-back no-man's-land, and that's where I always loose patience. Maybe a trim in December 2018 would be enough to calm me down? :)

lapushka
December 26th, 2017, 05:23 AM
Hmmm... I feel like I'm in, because in 2019 I'll probably be somewhere in the mid-back no-man's-land, and that's where I always loose patience. Maybe a trim in December 2018 would be enough to calm me down? :)

Who knows. I'm not sure where I'll be around this time, but I will be foreseeing a trim between '18 & '19. Not doing one between the years now. Can't do without the length. ;) And I just had a little growth spurt no less. :)

lapushka
December 29th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Let's wiggle a bit; I'm allowing the 31st and the 1st as "trim days" - I mean, you gotta do it sometime, right? And it's tough enough if you want to consecutively do these challenges. So that's new all across these no-trimming threads. If you want to trim do it the 31st or the 1st, no later, and no earlier!

ravenskey
March 17th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Sign me up!!

zanelle
March 17th, 2018, 01:31 PM
I'm in. I only trimmed it twice since 2014 anyway :-)

Kat-Rinnè Naido
March 17th, 2018, 02:46 PM
I'm signing up for this challenge. The No-trimming challenges have helped me gain length. I am just 3cm away from BCL stretched and I intend to keep on growing.

lapushka
March 17th, 2018, 02:58 PM
BCL, that is amazing! Congrats. :) Welcome! :)

And welcome to the newbies!

Joyful Mystery
March 17th, 2018, 07:41 PM
I'm still in but depending on the condition of my hair I may trim first. I haven't trimmed since December 2016.

Simsy
March 17th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Ok, so I’m still in 2 minds about joining. On the one hand 2018 will get me very close to mid-thigh stretched, which should be just past classic curly; the goal I was originally chasing. On the other hand, joining a no-trim challenge for 2019 means I have a legitimate excuse for not trimming instead my usual “no time”.

I’ll continue to lurk, and mull over it...

Cherriezzzzz
March 17th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Pregnancy happened :cheer::joy::cheese:... so I'm in. I'd be a fool not to! It'll get me so much closer to my ultimate goal. I'm in the no man's land after bsl and before waist. My hair is breaking at the nape, but the rest is growing fast. However, I think mine grew faster when oiling with coconut oil. But now, being pregnant, I can't stand the smell :shrug: I'm using babassu oil now though and restarting my weekly oiling! Joining this challenge will get me through baby's first birthday where I start to feel tempted to cut it short... which will be in late July.

lapushka
March 18th, 2018, 05:58 AM
I'm still in but depending on the condition of my hair I may trim first. I haven't trimmed since December 2016.

I haven't trimmed since November 2016. We'll be trimming buddies. ;) I think I may have a tiny trim between '18 & '19. Where are you with this?

Ok, so I’m still in 2 minds about joining. On the one hand 2018 will get me very close to mid-thigh stretched, which should be just past classic curly; the goal I was originally chasing. On the other hand, joining a no-trim challenge for 2019 means I have a legitimate excuse for not trimming instead my usual “no time”.

I’ll continue to lurk, and mull over it...

Maybe trim a tiny bit between 2018 & 2019?

Pregnancy happened :cheer::joy::cheese:... so I'm in. I'd be a fool not to! It'll get me so much closer to my ultimate goal. I'm in the no man's land after bsl and before waist. My hair is breaking at the nape, but the rest is growing fast. However, I think mine grew faster when oiling with coconut oil. But now, being pregnant, I can't stand the smell :shrug: I'm using babassu oil now though and restarting my weekly oiling! Joining this challenge will get me through baby's first birthday where I start to feel tempted to cut it short... which will be in late July.

Yay. Welcome! Oh, be sure to come visit when baby is there and whenever you get that urge to trim, we'll talk you right back out of it (hopefully). :D

Garnetgem
March 18th, 2018, 07:32 AM
I will most likely join this thread..i have gained length and cannot see me cutting it off any time soon...i have been thinking that far ahead actually and decided in my mind i was not going to trim..this thread helps with my decision!

fhairyqueen
March 18th, 2018, 07:57 AM
I will be joining .... wonder where I will be when I start . Will I be at BSL ? That would be nice .
It’s never too early to plan
I’m currently at nearly APL but not quite APL so hopefully no trimming this year will see me starting next years no trim at BSL maybe fingers crossed ��

Jas
March 18th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I'm officially in for this challenge :D I'm out of the 2018 challenge because I panic-trimmed in February (Reverted back to thinking it would "help" the hair to grow, ugh).

I'll be finishing my nursing course in August 2019 and reckon that'll be when I really get the urge to trim. Hoping this will take me through that and I can plan a trim Jan 1st 2020! I wonder what length I'll end up by then :D

Milady_DeWinter
March 18th, 2018, 08:31 AM
I wish i could join next year, but my hair need a bit more triming due to dye damage :(
I'll probably keep joining Lapushka's 6 months without trims, those work great for me :joy:

lapushka
March 18th, 2018, 09:54 AM
I wish i could join next year, but my hair need a bit more triming due to dye damage :(
I'll probably keep joining Lapushka's 6 months without trims, those work great for me :joy:

I will keep doing them then!!! :thumbsup:

Kat-Rinnè Naido
March 18th, 2018, 09:55 AM

Congratulations and all the best into your journey to motherhood.

Thank you lapushka. I was waiting to get to hip. But life got in the way and when I next checked I was almost at BCL.
I am so glad to see you are enjoying your hair growing journey. Your new siggie is gorgeous.

lapushka
March 18th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Congratulations and all the best into your journey to motherhood.

Thank you lapushka. I was waiting to get to hip. But life got in the way and when I next checked I was almost at BCL.
I am so glad to see you are enjoying your hair growing journey. Your new siggie is gorgeous.

Thank you so much! Yes, hair grows when you don't watch it grow. :) BCL is quite the accomplishment, most certainly because you were "just" thinking of hip. Yay! :D

chomsky
April 24th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Count me in! I've got nothing special on next year that I would want to straighten my hair for. Therefore, no temptation to trim the whole year! Might as well. ;)

lapushka
April 24th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Count me in! I've got nothing special on next year that I would want to straighten my hair for. Therefore, no temptation to trim the whole year! Might as well. ;)

Welcome! :D

lucid
April 24th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Joining this one for sure :)

lapushka
April 24th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Welcome lucid! :)

shaluwm_agape
April 26th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Im in for this one too. Only because i really dont want to be fussing with my hair. Im hoping by the first day of this challenge im at BSL

leayellena
April 27th, 2018, 02:50 AM
I am definitely in!

lapushka
April 27th, 2018, 05:11 AM
Welcome you guys! :D

circlers
April 27th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Ohhh I want to join this. I need a way to prevent damage on my ends though. Cannot wait honestly!

ursaV
May 1st, 2018, 09:49 PM
I'm totally in for 2 years no trims! I'm already in the No Trim 2018 thread and I'm doing really well so far with protecting my ends. Since my dye damage is completely chopped out as of November 2017 there's no reason why I would need a serious trim until the end of 2019. Hopefully this will end my urge to experiment with wacky bangs every year or so :silly:

NikitaJane
May 1st, 2018, 10:41 PM
I'll be joining in too, I haven't trimmed so far in 2018. I plan to get my annual trim around Christmas then do another year no trims in 2019 :)

lapushka
May 2nd, 2018, 06:06 AM
I'm totally in for 2 years no trims! I'm already in the No Trim 2018 thread and I'm doing really well so far with protecting my ends. Since my dye damage is completely chopped out as of November 2017 there's no reason why I would need a serious trim until the end of 2019. Hopefully this will end my urge to experiment with wacky bangs every year or so :silly:

I'll be joining in too, I haven't trimmed so far in 2018. I plan to get my annual trim around Christmas then do another year no trims in 2019 :)

Welcome to the both of you!

circlers
May 2nd, 2018, 11:33 AM
I have a question, if I want to join the no trim 2019, and the no trim 2020, then is it okay to trim on december 31st 2019?
Hahaha I just need to get out of my ways of "trimming after summer" which usually ends up being a chop, (from MBL to CBL in October 2016 and from BSL to CBL in November 2017) but I feel like I might need 1 or 2cm off at the end of the year...

lapushka
May 2nd, 2018, 12:49 PM
I have a question, if I want to join the no trim 2019, and the no trim 2020, then is it okay to trim on december 31st 2019?
Hahaha I just need to get out of my ways of "trimming after summer" which usually ends up being a chop, (from MBL to CBL in October 2016 and from BSL to CBL in November 2017) but I feel like I might need 1 or 2cm off at the end of the year...

Trimming "technically" needs to happen between the 31st & the 1st, since that is quite impossible for a lot of people, the 31st & the 1st = OK.

egcmi
May 8th, 2018, 04:52 PM
It's a bit too early for me to say I'm in yet. I will be joining the second part of no-trim 2018 and see from there. I also might be in desperate need for a trim on January 1st 2019 as the previous challenge ends. I hope to be joining you though! :D

Natashap
May 8th, 2018, 10:44 PM
I am not joining as due for a trim ,its 7months since my last trim.

TreesOfEternity
May 17th, 2018, 10:32 AM
I'm in as well! I'll go July 2018 - January 2010 with both challenges yay!

JeniBear
May 17th, 2018, 12:43 PM
I’m signing up early:) I won’t be trimming in 2018 either but might as well plan ahead for the future!

lapushka
May 17th, 2018, 02:28 PM
I'm in as well! I'll go July 2018 - January 2010 with both challenges yay!

Welcome to the challenge!

I’m signing up early:) I won’t be trimming in 2018 either but might as well plan ahead for the future!

Welcome to the challenge & the forum! :)

Harini
May 25th, 2018, 10:48 PM
I didn't actually sign up for No Trim 2018 (by the time I saw it, it was already February and my last trim was January 7th /facepalm/) but I've kept up no trimming all year so far. I'm thinking if I need one, I'll S&D around late December/early January and do no trims for 2019. I did shorten my bangs this year... Which I've regretted. Growing it all out as long as I can until it drives me crazy and I have to cut it (hopefully never!).
Got a pixie last July and with 3 snips to the rat's tail that pixies yield, 1 at home trim courtesy my husband and 1 salon haircut to shape my shaggy mop into a bob, I'm currently at shoulder length! Woohoo!
Excited to finally have hair again after my hair has been chin length for about 3 years!
Long story short - yes! Sign me up for No Trim 2019 (again, save a small S&D as needed late December 2018 ).

WyntreBlossom
May 26th, 2018, 01:50 AM
Count me in! Woo!

lapushka
May 26th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I didn't actually sign up for No Trim 2018 (by the time I saw it, it was already February and my last trim was January 7th /facepalm/) but I've kept up no trimming all year so far. I'm thinking if I need one, I'll S&D around late December/early January and do no trims for 2019. I did shorten my bangs this year... Which I've regretted. Growing it all out as long as I can until it drives me crazy and I have to cut it (hopefully never!).
Got a pixie last July and with 3 snips to the rat's tail that pixies yield, 1 at home trim courtesy my husband and 1 salon haircut to shape my shaggy mop into a bob, I'm currently at shoulder length! Woohoo!
Excited to finally have hair again after my hair has been chin length for about 3 years!
Long story short - yes! Sign me up for No Trim 2019 (again, save a small S&D as needed late December 2018 ).

S&D is allowed, trimming and maintaining bangs as well, just not cutting them in (as that is messing with the hemline, just like a trim is).

The "rules" are in the first post to each thread like this.

Anyway, welcome; and also WyntreBlossom!

AshtangiPNW
May 26th, 2018, 11:30 PM
I’m in for this, too! I’m not planning to trim for the remainder of 2018 and all of 2019.

lapushka
May 27th, 2018, 04:25 AM
I’m in for this, too! I’m not planning to trim for the remainder of 2018 and all of 2019.

FullofGrace
May 29th, 2018, 06:12 PM
I don't think I have joined this thread yet. I know I joined the 2020 thread but I would like to be in this one too. I have a friend who says she hasn't cut her hair in 20 years and it hasn't grown past BSL so now I'm curious to see how long mine could get. I'm am giving up bleach and heat styling. Would like to find a heat free way to curl but all the good ones seem to be for longer hair. Mine is only a shoulder length just yet.

shaluwm_agape
May 29th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Straw curls can work or flexi rods fo the job

daisy rei
May 29th, 2018, 09:31 PM
alright, i'm in for 2019.

i'm pretty sure i'm already too late for no-trim 2018, unless "no-trim for half of 2018" still counts. :p

i'm actually kind of nervous. a year seems like a really long time. i think the longest i've gone without trimming was maybe seven or eight months? better learn the S&D method stat...

TreesOfEternity
May 30th, 2018, 06:48 AM
alright, i'm in for 2019.

i'm pretty sure i'm already too late for no-trim 2018, unless "no-trim for half of 2018" still counts. :p

i'm actually kind of nervous. a year seems like a really long time. i think the longest i've gone without trimming was maybe seven or eight months? better learn the S&D method stat...

There’s a no trimming for the second half of 2018! :) you are still in time for that one. I’ve joined both, I’m going towards waist length as well.

daisy rei
May 30th, 2018, 08:10 AM
There’s a no trimming for the second half of 2018! :) you are still in time for that one. I’ve joined both, I’m going towards waist length as well.

ooo, how convenient! i'd better join both as well.

lapushka
May 30th, 2018, 09:17 AM
I don't think I have joined this thread yet. I know I joined the 2020 thread but I would like to be in this one too. I have a friend who says she hasn't cut her hair in 20 years and it hasn't grown past BSL so now I'm curious to see how long mine could get. I'm am giving up bleach and heat styling. Would like to find a heat free way to curl but all the good ones seem to be for longer hair. Mine is only a shoulder length just yet.

My mom has between shoulder & APL and she roller sets it every time she washes it (monthly). She uses the curl enhancing smoothie by Shea Moisture, and a little bit of gel, then sets it on old-style rollers, these ones (with bristle brushes in them). If ever your hair gets stuck, you only need to pull out the bristle "wad" inside and your hair will spring free - just to give you a good tip!
http://www.cachebeauty.com/wholsale/brush_rollers.htm

They are awesome. She dries it for the rest of the day and sometimes goes to sleep on them, other times no, it depends.

Harini
May 30th, 2018, 12:14 PM
S&D is allowed, trimming and maintaining bangs as well, just not cutting them in (as that is messing with the hemline, just like a trim is).

The "rules" are in the first post to each thread like this.

Anyway, welcome; and also WyntreBlossom!
I read them here and on the 2018 thread as well. :)
The bangs regret is my own love/hate relationship with bangs. And the reason I won't S&D until December is because my hair is too short for me to do it myself at this time. Plus I've noticed that with henna, my hair doesn't split anymore. Even if I use heat occasionally, I haven't been able to find any split ends! Each strand is also thicker but that was to be expected (and enjoyed).
So I may not need to but may be tempted to do something to to it before another year of no cuts. Even out the subtle layers, maybe. We'll see /shrug/

afreckledgirl
June 10th, 2018, 01:54 AM
I'm definitely joining in 2019. I have a pixie so I need to keep trimming the back because I don't think I'd rock the mullet. I should have chin length hair by the time 2019 comes around so super excited for this challenge! :)

lapushka
June 10th, 2018, 04:26 AM
I'm definitely joining in 2019. I have a pixie so I need to keep trimming the back because I don't think I'd rock the mullet. I should have chin length hair by the time 2019 comes around so super excited for this challenge! :)

Have fun shaping your pixie. You should be all set to go for next year! :) :flower:

Wildhorserider
July 10th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I’m in! I don’t plan on trimming my hemline until I can do it myself. I should be at least APL by the end of 2019.

lapushka
July 10th, 2018, 03:27 PM
I’m in! I don’t plan on trimming my hemline until I can do it myself. I should be at least APL by the end of 2019.

Welcome! :D

ursaV
July 10th, 2018, 04:45 PM
I've already joined, but I'm just fantasizing about where my hair will be at the end of 2019. Hopefully waist? I know no matter what it'll be longer than it ever has been in my life and I'm really excited. Just one more thing to look forward to! :cheese:

Malka
August 1st, 2018, 07:51 AM
I’m joining! Gave myself three trims this year already, looking for some self control. :P

Kake
August 1st, 2018, 09:43 AM
I'm thinking about this. I am good at following rules, and bad at having no rules to follow. This equals more trims than I really need. I'll reassess later in the year.

lapushka
August 1st, 2018, 10:29 AM
I’m joining! Gave myself three trims this year already, looking for some self control. :P

Welcome to the challenge, Malka! I'm sure you will last the year, and if not you can join the half-year 2019 challenges; they're there as well. If you can't find them, give me a shout, and I'll dig 'em up for you!

I'm thinking about this. I am good at following rules, and bad at having no rules to follow. This equals more trims than I really need. I'll reassess later in the year.

There's still time. :) :thumbsup:

LittleHealthy
August 2nd, 2018, 08:30 AM
I’ll join, I think! Though I’m not trimming for the second half of 2018, and depending on the ‘situation’ with my ends I might have a little micro-trim on the cards for after December, but before January :lol:

LittleHealthy
August 2nd, 2018, 08:32 AM
I've already joined, but I'm just fantasizing about where my hair will be at the end of 2019. Hopefully waist? I know no matter what it'll be longer than it ever has been in my life and I'm really excited. Just one more thing to look forward to! :cheese:

Ditto, hopefully, regarding hair being longer than it’s ever been, by the end of 2019!!

Joyful Mystery
August 2nd, 2018, 10:22 AM
I joined this challenge already but am now considering participating instead in the two 6 month challenges for 2019. I suppose I can hang out here AND the no trimming for the 1st half of the year thread until I decide. If that's alright.

lapushka
August 2nd, 2018, 10:40 AM
I joined this challenge already but am now considering participating instead in the two 6 month challenges for 2019. I suppose I can hang out here AND the no trimming for the 1st half of the year thread until I decide. If that's alright.

Sure no problem; or you can hang out in the first half thread; it's all good. :flower:

Kake
August 3rd, 2018, 04:19 AM
There's still time. :) :thumbsup:

Yes, I'll check back in later :thumbsup:

sophia_
August 3rd, 2018, 08:09 PM
I hope by the end of this year my ends will be in good enough shape to join this thread!

Dee94
August 3rd, 2018, 09:43 PM
SO IN! Definitely going to give this a shot! :applause:

lapushka
August 4th, 2018, 08:58 AM
I hope by the end of this year my ends will be in good enough shape to join this thread!

Let's keep our fingers crossed! :)

SO IN! Definitely going to give this a shot! :applause:

Simsy
August 4th, 2018, 11:03 PM
So I have come to a decision, I’m in for 2019. I’ll knock an inch or 2 off the ends after Xmas because they are starting to get very argumentative. But I should be good to go for another year after that.

Only took 6 months to decide...apparently I really couldn’t make up my mind.

lapushka
August 5th, 2018, 04:03 AM
Welcome, Simsy! :)

TwilightMermaid
August 6th, 2018, 10:37 PM
I will be joining no-trimming 2019 to see how long I can grow out my chin-shoulder length hair. I can't wait until it starts!

lapushka
August 7th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I will be joining no-trimming 2019 to see how long I can grow out my chin-shoulder length hair. I can't wait until it starts!

Welcome! :)

Joyful Mystery
August 11th, 2018, 10:14 AM

I've decided to go ahead and move on over to the first half of the year challenge. Good luck everyone! :cheer:

TashaW78
August 11th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Im new here, just joined yesterday after hearing about it and Im so jumping into this challenge! I'm such a sucker for trimming half an inch of hair if I see 2-3 split ends as I'm so prone to them. I just cut off 3 inches because I thought it was damaged when really it was just my hair freaking out over using a sulfate/cone poo and cond. If my hair needs it Ill give it a trim in december and try and keep 2019 trim free! Someone keep me in check :rolleyes:

lapushka
August 11th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Im new here, just joined yesterday after hearing about it and Im so jumping into this challenge! I'm such a sucker for trimming half an inch of hair if I see 2-3 split ends as I'm so prone to them. I just cut off 3 inches because I thought it was damaged when really it was just my hair freaking out over using a sulfate/cone poo and cond. If my hair needs it Ill give it a trim in december and try and keep 2019 trim free! Someone keep me in check :rolleyes:

Well, first of all, you gotta be willing to do it (not cut the hair so often), and second of all, we'll chat to you whenever you feel like trimming, just come on here in time for us to do so!

And there's also the 2-week rule:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139091

forestwizard
August 15th, 2018, 09:41 PM
i'm excited to join! i shaved my head mid-june, and i don't plan on trimming or cutting the rest of this year or next year. i've decided to just let my hair look how it looks and focus on health and growth. after 2019 i'll assess and decide if i want to cut a blunt hemline, do layers to help the waves form curls, etc. i think (and am hoping) that 1.5 years of growth will let me do crown braids again. and with 6 months of growth from this year, i should have a good starting point to measure my growth for 2019.

i'm nervous about split ends, but frankly i think my hair is so new i don't have to worry, and i have a good enough routine that i shouldn't get any. i once went a year without trimming or S&D, and when i went to the salon the stylist told me i didn't have any splits, and then said the same thing 6 months later. i just need to learn how to quiet my own anxieties!

leayellena
August 16th, 2018, 01:20 AM
i'm excited to join! i shaved my head mid-june, and i don't plan on trimming or cutting the rest of this year or next year. i've decided to just let my hair look how it looks and focus on health and growth. after 2019 i'll assess and decide if i want to cut a blunt hemline, do layers to help the waves form curls, etc. i think (and am hoping) that 1.5 years of growth will let me do crown braids again. and with 6 months of growth from this year, i should have a good starting point to measure my growth for 2019.

i'm nervous about split ends, but frankly i think my hair is so new i don't have to worry, and i have a good enough routine that i shouldn't get any. i once went a year without trimming or S&D, and when i went to the salon the stylist told me i didn't have any splits, and then said the same thing 6 months later. i just need to learn how to quiet my own anxieties!

Sleep cap at night helps reducing the friction when you turn and tousle your head on your pillow

GrowlingCupcake
August 16th, 2018, 04:52 AM
I'm in! I think if I continue not to trim from now till the end of 2019, I'll hit tailbone :D

lapushka
August 16th, 2018, 06:52 AM

I think so too!

You can always S&D if it truly bugs you!

lapushka
August 16th, 2018, 06:53 AM
I'm in! I think if I continue not to trim from now till the end of 2019, I'll hit tailbone :D

Welcome, and welcome to forestwizard as well!

Dee94
August 16th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Lapushka, have you trimmed your hair before any of these challenges start? (Like how it says you can jan. 1st to 5th) Or have you not trimmed for the last 3, no trim challenges (or however many you've been in) and have just s&d? Just wondering if I'd get away with s&d and not have to ever really trim? I like s&d, I haven't had a trim since maybe the beginning of the year? Can't quite remember.

MotherofPhoenix
August 16th, 2018, 11:39 AM
I'm new here. Well this is my first post but i've been lurking for about 6 months.

I'm in!

lapushka
August 16th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Lapushka, have you trimmed your hair before any of these challenges start? (Like how it says you can jan. 1st to 5th) Or have you not trimmed for the last 3, no trim challenges (or however many you've been in) and have just s&d? Just wondering if I'd get away with s&d and not have to ever really trim? I like s&d, I haven't had a trim since maybe the beginning of the year? Can't quite remember.

Last trim was November 2016 (back to hip), and I grew out from there. I never S&D, because I don't have splits, or white dots. I sometimes casually inspect it, while finger detangling throughout the week.

I'm new here. Well this is my first post but i've been lurking for about 6 months.

I'm in!

moonshroomm
August 16th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Hello all! I do have a tendency to grow my hair out long without taking care of it, and then chopping it all off and starting over. So, now that I'm taking proper care of it, I will be participating in this challenge! Yay for all of us :)

vanillabepsi
August 27th, 2018, 07:56 PM
I’m in ! Short term goal is shoulder by Halloween this year, ultimate goal is knee+. Ugh, eager beaver.

lostchyld
August 31st, 2018, 09:52 AM
I'm going to try again. I've gotten to chin length almost uniformly and it's been 3 months since my last trim. I'm aiming for no trims until after Christmas this year, I'll trim the last week of December if it needs it and then no trimming onward into 2019.

I'm hoping to get to French braid length by the end of March next year. Still too short now, but it's growing well.

hannabiss
August 31st, 2018, 12:13 PM
I'm definitely in. I want to make it to APL by New Year's Eve 2019. I don't think a trim could help what's going on with my hair away. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out a hair style to get it up and out the way. Or I may take this time to try a bunch of non heat curl methods.

AshtangiPNW
August 31st, 2018, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone! I'm in for this trimming challenge, too... :) Happy growing to everyone.

Ylva
August 31st, 2018, 05:40 PM
I'm contemplating on whether to join or not... I have currently committed to the first part of no-trimming 2019, but I think it's simply too early to say if I want to not trim for the entirety of the coming year. My goal is classic (and maybe longer with moderate fairytale ends), and I will not be there by July 2019, but I want to see what my ends look like a few more months down. Right now they're a bit fairytale-y, but nothing huge. My hair takes a pretty long time to fairytale. Also, who knows if I will actually need to chop some length off due to whatever reason. So far I haven't had any reason for that, and it has soon been half a year since my last trim.

I suppose one can join later, too? I'll just keep it in mind for now. :)

lakhesis
September 1st, 2018, 07:34 AM
I haven't trimmed since january 2018 and so far I don't see the need to trim anytime soon, so I am joining 2019 too :) I hope I will be just fine with some SD

lapushka
September 1st, 2018, 08:59 AM
I suppose one can join later, too? I'll just keep it in mind for now. :)

No problem! :thumbsup:

I haven't trimmed since january 2018 and so far I don't see the need to trim anytime soon, so I am joining 2019 too :) I hope I will be just fine with some SD

That's amazing. :) I might even forego my trim between 2018 & 2019 like I had originally planned. I want to see where this length takes me, TBH.

raemarthe
September 2nd, 2018, 10:56 AM
I'm aiming for no trims in 2019. I want to reach waist length by next Christmas, and in order to do that I can't trim!

NitaB
September 16th, 2018, 06:20 AM
I'm tired of trimming "Just because" and having no real plan. I want to join the challenge to get my mind away from trimming.

Every time I consider it, nope, I'm in the no trimming challenge!

Longlegs
September 22nd, 2018, 03:36 AM
I'm new here too, this sounds like something I want to do. Count me in!

lapushka
September 22nd, 2018, 07:08 AM
Welcome to all who is new here. I love that you joined this challenge. I have to stress it is not a *must*, so if you feel pressured at all, and do not want to continue, it is all right to stop. Your hair's health comes first, and you gotta do what you gotta do.

I consider these "challenges" more of a neat guideline, something we can join efforts in and come together on. :flower:

chantecler
September 22nd, 2018, 01:24 PM
Did a big cut a year ago, some bleach on the ends, now I re dyed it my natural colour and I'll probably only do a trim of a couple centimeters around december to get rid of some of the dammage, but I'm not planning on trimming in 2019 unless it gets completely out of control. I guess I'm joining on here for the inspiration!

Eve-Jade-Day
September 30th, 2018, 12:04 AM
Sign me up. I'm growing out a buzz cut with no trims starting Sep 25 this year. It's gonna be a fun year.

lapushka
September 30th, 2018, 04:27 AM
Sign me up. I'm growing out a buzz cut with no trims starting Sep 25 this year. It's gonna be a fun year.

Welcome! And also welcome to the forum. I hope it goes well for you. If you get the urge to primp or cut, tell us, and we'll talk to you to calm you down. :) But don't go taking it out on your hair, before talking to us!

Simsy
September 30th, 2018, 04:54 AM
So I’m out of 2018, having lopped 2 inches off the braid tassel that was giving me grief. With that being said, I’m back to classic stretched, and ready to have another crack at not trimming. I was nearly at palm length so I suspect I could get close to fingertip by next Xmas; and see if I can keep the ends happy enough to do Dutch or Frenchs braids again.

lapushka
September 30th, 2018, 04:57 AM
So I’m out of 2018, having lopped 2 inches off the braid tassel that was giving me grief. With that being said, I’m back to classic stretched, and ready to have another crack at not trimming. I was nearly at palm length so I suspect I could get close to fingertip by next Xmas; and see if I can keep the ends happy enough to do Dutch or Frenchs braids again.

That's OK, there's always next year, right? :) :thumbsup:

Simsy
September 30th, 2018, 05:01 AM
That's OK, there's always next year, right? :) :thumbsup:

Ain’t that the truth. :thumbsup: I really should join the no trim thread at some point.

lapushka
September 30th, 2018, 07:55 AM
I am not trimming in between 2018 & 2019, like I said I would be. This means my last trim was November 2016 (back to hip). I'm perfectly fine with growing on. I will probably reach FTL November 2018, and so I hope to get to full thigh a bit later and then grow on towards knee. Yep, I have caught LHC'itis. I thought classic was my comfy length, my sweet spot, but apparently I can go & grow beyond that point with relative ease.

Zesty
September 30th, 2018, 08:51 AM
I am not trimming in between 2018 & 2019, like I said I would be. This means my last trim was November 2016 (back to hip). I'm perfectly fine with growing on. I will probably reach FTL November 2018, and so I hope to get to full thigh a bit later and then grow on towards knee. Yep, I have caught LHC'itis. I thought classic was my comfy length, my sweet spot, but apparently I can go & grow beyond that point with relative ease.

Ha! Of course. ;) I thought I would never ever grow past classic but once you realize one length is pretty doable... what's another milestone or two? :lol: Happy growing! I love these threads but will probably be trimming irregularly starting in 2019. But best of luck to all here!

lapushka
September 30th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Ha! Of course. ;) I thought I would never ever grow past classic but once you realize one length is pretty doable... what's another milestone or two? :lol: Happy growing! I love these threads but will probably be trimming irregularly starting in 2019. But best of luck to all here!

Thank you so much. Good luck with trimming, Zesty. :)

Vacurlylady
September 30th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Ok! I’m nervous to post this because I haven’t had a trim since Jan 2018, but I’m joint the no trimming 2019. 😬 can I make it? I would be in awe of the length I may be able to grow. I will be coming here for encouragement. S&D is permitted? Right?

Vacurlylady
September 30th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Ok! I’m nervous to post this because I haven’t had a trim since Jan 2018, but I’m joint the no trimming 2019. 😬 can I make it? I would be in awe of the length I may be able to grow. I will be coming here for encouragement. S&D is permitted? Right?

And that is to mean “I’m joining the no trimming 2019 thread”. Ignore my mistype. I think I’m nervous to put this out here because I’m a year into growing out a ultra short pixie from October 2017!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 30th, 2018, 12:14 PM
After the photos I took today I am pondering whether to do one final micro trim at the end of this year and then jump into no trimming for 2019 :) Yup, I want it longer.....

Ylva
September 30th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Ok! I’m nervous to post this because I haven’t had a trim since Jan 2018, but I’m joint the no trimming 2019. �� can I make it? I would be in awe of the length I may be able to grow. I will be coming here for encouragement. S&D is permitted? Right?

Yes, S&D is permitted. Since you don't have so much length yet, I think you'll be just fine not trimming in terms of hemline and the such. :)

Vacurlylady
September 30th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Sounds good! I’m ready for new lengths! So excited! ��

lapushka
September 30th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Ok! I’m nervous to post this because I haven’t had a trim since Jan 2018, but I’m joint the no trimming 2019. �� can I make it? I would be in awe of the length I may be able to grow. I will be coming here for encouragement. S&D is permitted? Right?

Yes it is. If you read the first message to this thread, it will all become clear. ;)

TreesOfEternity
October 2nd, 2018, 04:19 PM

Lapushka as always, you have inspired me again, I’ve decided I’ll stick to my initial plan of not trimming until 2020 (last trim was January 2018 ). Right now I want length more than I want a perfect hemline, and have to push myself to be less perfectionist with my hair and let it do its thing.
Sigh what would I (all of us) do without you! :)

windflowers_mel
October 2nd, 2018, 04:24 PM
I'm joining for 2019! I have trimmed every spring for as long as I can remember (usually a big chop too) and have never made it past BSL. Now that I am learning how to treat my hair nicely I think I'm ready to go for new lengths!!!

lapushka
October 2nd, 2018, 05:03 PM
Lapushka as always, you have inspired me again, I’ve decided I’ll stick to my initial plan of not trimming until 2020 (last trim was January 2018 ). Right now I want length more than I want a perfect hemline, and have to push myself to be less perfectionist with my hair and let it do its thing.
Sigh what would I (all of us) do without you! :)

Thank you that is so nice of you to say. :) You know what I think? I think you need to be happy with your hair first and foremost. If you can live with the hemline not being up to your most perfect standards, then that's totally fine. But trimming in between the years is fine too. It's all up to you.

I have just reached FTL (yay!) and am for sure not trimming in between 18 & 19! The growth bug has gotten me. :D :cheer:

Aerya
October 3rd, 2018, 02:33 AM
I am thinking of joining here... My issue seems to be when I trim the hemline as a centimeter or two always end up a lot more. I really want to regain my length as quickly as possible after chopping to CBL recently. My hair is still mostly dyed and damaged, but the ends are as thick as they can be right now and I want to have at least BSL, preferably more, before I start microtrimming to get rid of the damage. I wear my hair up all the time anyway so I'm not so concerned about my hemline - right now, I just want my hair to be long again, even if that means living with ugly ends and a bit of unevenness.

It might be a bit of a stretch to go all year without trimming, but I'll see these last months how my ends are looking.
Perhaps a full year challenge is what I need to stop cutting impulsively once and for all.

Flagg
October 3rd, 2018, 11:21 AM
I'm going to do a few micro trims to round out 2018, then joining no trim 2019.

lapushka
October 3rd, 2018, 01:12 PM
I'm going to do a few micro trims to round out 2018, then joining no trim 2019.

Welcome to the thread. Good luck on microtrimming for the rest of this year! :)

funfetti
October 3rd, 2018, 01:24 PM
i'm in! i'm currently at about mbl, i should be able to hit a solid wl by the end of 2019, and a bit past it too!

lapushka
October 3rd, 2018, 03:37 PM
i'm in! i'm currently at about mbl, i should be able to hit a solid wl by the end of 2019, and a bit past it too!

Ravenne
October 3rd, 2018, 03:38 PM
I think I’ll be joining you guys here! I’ll probably do a small trim right before Christmas (I kinda want to wear my hair down for Christmas Eve), but then after that, I wanna see how close to Classic I can get in a year!

g_lou
October 4th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Count me in! Hopefully I can stick with wearing my hair up all 2019, and no one will notice that my hemline grows wonky :) Im dreaming of reaching classic by new year 2020 so no scissors here.

lapushka
October 4th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Welcome you guys! :flower:

shaluwm_agape
October 4th, 2018, 08:47 PM
So i would like advice / opinions. I'm in the 2018 challenge as well as this one so should I do a small trim or just keep up with S&D till next yr

Ylva
October 5th, 2018, 10:24 AM
So i would like advice / opinions. I'm in the 2018 challenge as well as this one so should I do a small trim or just keep up with S&D till next yr

It depends entirely on what your own preference is. There is no shame in having thin ends, if you have no problem with that.

xoAshley
October 5th, 2018, 11:45 AM
I'm in!!! as long as I can S&D random split ends I come across every now and again, I have absolutely no reason to trim... I can't wait to see how far I'll be by the end of next year! :cheer:

ExpectoPatronum
October 5th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Oooh. I'd like to join! I think I'll do a big trim at the end of 2018 to get the last of my bleached ends off so I can grow in 2019 without needing a trim.

kph12
October 5th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I'm in too! I'm getting a dusting on November 10. 2018 (well..I have an appointment but I haven't fully mentally committed to actually going) but then i'm ready to commit to no trims in 2019! I'm also trying to cut down my heat styling even more which I think should help with preventing damage.

AshtangiPNW
October 5th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Definitely joining this one, too!

Olive&Aloe
October 5th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Count me in! Currently sitting at collarbone length and can't wait to see how far I can't with an entire year of no trims!

LongHairTalk
October 6th, 2018, 07:55 PM
I will be taking part in this challenge!
My hair was beautiful a year ago and due to some unfortunate circumstances a lot of it got damaged and became dry and brittle. I'm still upset about it. I'm trying to grow out healthy long hair, but for the moment I would like to grow some length while I wait for it to flourish again.

Is anyone going to use just conditioner for this challenge? (Clarifying on occasion?)
Also, what kind of scissors do you guys use? For the SD part of the challenge? I need new ones.

Corvana
October 6th, 2018, 08:07 PM
I may as well "officially" join, as I've already decided to :laugh:. I plan to take a length shot on January 1st, and trim that day as well! But should I trim then do the length shot, do the length shot then trim, or do a length shot, trim, and another length shot?

I'm thinking the last one, because it'd be nice to see my end-of-year growth, and it'd be nice to see where I'm starting from! I also know myself, and think that seeing only after the trim would make me feel like I didn't gain much, and only seeing before would make me feel that way for the next length shot! But multiple photooooss. I'd have to get my trim done quite quickly when my husband gets home, as he takes my length photos, so that it's done before he goes to bed :laugh:.

shaluwm_agape
October 6th, 2018, 08:56 PM
LHT I'm actually trying WO for this challenge, clarify as needed. I honestly hope it does my hair some good

lapushka
October 7th, 2018, 03:57 AM
I'm in!!! as long as I can S&D random split ends I come across every now and again, I have absolutely no reason to trim... I can't wait to see how far I'll be by the end of next year! :cheer:

S&D is absolutely allowed, even welcomed; beats a trim!

Oooh. I'd like to join! I think I'll do a big trim at the end of 2018 to get the last of my bleached ends off so I can grow in 2019 without needing a trim.

Welcome!

I'm in too! I'm getting a dusting on November 10. 2018 (well..I have an appointment but I haven't fully mentally committed to actually going) but then i'm ready to commit to no trims in 2019! I'm also trying to cut down my heat styling even more which I think should help with preventing damage.

Go you. Giving up heat styling is a challenge in and of itself!

Definitely joining this one, too!

Yay!

Count me in! Currently sitting at collarbone length and can't wait to see how far I can't with an entire year of no trims!

You could probably get to APL. At least, I think, that would be a nice goal to have!

I will be taking part in this challenge!
My hair was beautiful a year ago and due to some unfortunate circumstances a lot of it got damaged and became dry and brittle. I'm still upset about it. I'm trying to grow out healthy long hair, but for the moment I would like to grow some length while I wait for it to flourish again.

Is anyone going to use just conditioner for this challenge? (Clarifying on occasion?)
Also, what kind of scissors do you guys use? For the SD part of the challenge? I need new ones.

I have scissors that are "Japanese steel". They cost around 50 euro, and they are true hairdressing scissors (entry level model). They are razorsharp.

I may as well "officially" join, as I've already decided to :laugh:. I plan to take a length shot on January 1st, and trim that day as well! But should I trim then do the length shot, do the length shot then trim, or do a length shot, trim, and another length shot?

I'm thinking the last one, because it'd be nice to see my end-of-year growth, and it'd be nice to see where I'm starting from! I also know myself, and think that seeing only after the trim would make me feel like I didn't gain much, and only seeing before would make me feel that way for the next length shot! But multiple photooooss. I'd have to get my trim done quite quickly when my husband gets home, as he takes my length photos, so that it's done before he goes to bed :laugh:.

Maybe take a picture how the status of your hair is when you join.

LHT I'm actually trying WO for this challenge, clarify as needed. I honestly hope it does my hair some good

Good luck on WO!

:happydance:

shaluwm_agape
October 7th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Thanks lapushka I think I'm going to need it lol. I started this week and hope I can continue for the whole of 2019. Gain a bit more length too.:D

Krissycats
October 8th, 2018, 01:22 AM
I'm going to join this challenge. I am hoping to be at waist by December and will probably do a very slight trim on January 1.

XcaliburGirl
October 8th, 2018, 05:26 AM
I am in! My hair handles not trimming pretty well. I actually am more likely to cut layers on a whim than to do a simple trim. So, this thread will be a good deterrent if I get that urge.

Eastbound&Down
October 8th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I'm going to trim up the ends on the first and head right on in to the new year of no trims. Maybe I'll make it to hip by the end of next year.

geenie
October 15th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Me! No trimming 2019! I had one about 6 weeks ago. Let's leave it until 2020

desisparkles
October 16th, 2018, 03:38 PM
I'm in! Last microtrim was end of Sept so I'm good to go!

MamaLou
November 3rd, 2018, 08:04 AM
I might join as well! I would love to reach waist length, my hair is now almost at bsl. It is a good idea to do a trim before january?

lapushka
November 3rd, 2018, 10:13 AM
I might join as well! I would love to reach waist length, my hair is now almost at bsl. It is a good idea to do a trim before january?

Your decision, of course, but it's not necessary, I don't think. When was your last trim?

Mine was November 2016! ;)

MamaLou
November 3rd, 2018, 10:59 AM
Your decision, of course, but it's not necessary, I don't think. When was your last trim?

Mine was November 2016! ;)

In april this year. I do have a few split ends right now, is that bad?

lapushka
November 3rd, 2018, 04:33 PM
In april this year. I do have a few split ends right now, is that bad?

You can get them out easily with S&D (search & destroy). This means you snip the individual split end off; and no need to trim, tadaa! :)

MamaLou
November 4th, 2018, 02:06 AM
You can get them out easily with S&D (search & destroy). This means you snip the individual split end off; and no need to trim, tadaa! :)

Awesome! Thank you :) I'm excited about next year!

lapushka
November 4th, 2018, 04:57 AM
Awesome! Thank you :) I'm excited about next year!

And you can S&D during the challenge, even better (it's allowed to do that).

I'm excited too. :D :happydance:

WyntreBlossom
November 4th, 2018, 01:27 PM
And you can S&D during the challenge, even better (it's allowed to do that).

I'm excited too. :D :happydance:

For someone with pretty bad eyesight, even with glasses, what are some good tips and tricks for S and D? Thinking about trying it on new years, but hesitant.

Ylva
November 4th, 2018, 01:47 PM
For someone with pretty bad eyesight, even with glasses, what are some good tips and tricks for S and D? Thinking about trying it on new years, but hesitant.

I don't know about tips, I guess just snip randomly here and there and you're bound to get some splits, too? :hmm:

But speaking of which, we should come up with LHC brand scissors which come with a magnifying glass or other features like that.

lapushka
November 4th, 2018, 01:50 PM

Just don't focus on it, and sit in front of a clear window or desk lamp or some such and then take a bunch of your ends, and just skip through them, holding them up to the light. Don't go hair by hair!

But speaking of which, we should come up with LHC brand scissors which come with a magnifying glass or other features like that.

Wouldn't that be something! :)

WyntreBlossom
November 4th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Just don't focus on it, and sit in front of a clear window or desk lamp or some such and then take a bunch of your ends, and just skip through them, holding them up to the light. Don't go hair by hair!

Thanks I will see how im feeling round new years and might give it a go!

egcmi
November 4th, 2018, 03:09 PM

I wear glasses but I personally don't have that bad eyesight and I can see pretty well when I'm wearing glasses, but here are my tips. When I S&D it I hold my hair against a contrasting background. I can see my hair better against a light background, because my hair is dark, but I sometimes alternate with a dark background, as I find that split ends and white dots stand out more.I usually do it sitting at my desk with a bright lamp and let the lamp shine on the hair. I find that a yellow or warmer toned lamp makes my eyes feel sleepy, so my choice for colour temperature is in the daylight range (5000K-6500K), my lamp is between 5000 and 5500K, not too far on the cool side either. If I want to check my hair against a light source I would hold it against a screen (e.g. my laptop) and not a lamp as not to blind myself by staring directly at it. You don't need to thoroughly check every single strand for splits, you can just snip off the ones that stand out, but if your S&D session becomes long remember to take frequent breaks, like every 30 minutes and do some eye exercises that are meant for computer users: e.g. blink often, stare at a distant object, slowly move your eyes up and down, sideways, diagonally, circle in both directions, stare in the middle. Also make sure your hair is long enough to check the ends. I remember I tried to S&D when I had shorter hair and had a hard time seeing my hair, because it was too close and I had to pull it. I'd say if your hair is not long enough to look at it comfortably while S&D'ing just don't do it and wait till it's longer. Also you don't have to S&D your entire hair in one session. You can split your hair into two or more sections and do them on different days.

Again, these are my tips and what I found out works best for me from experience, YMMV, but I hope that I at least prompted you to consider a few factors. :flower:

shaluwm_agape
November 4th, 2018, 04:51 PM
My tip would be to do it in the light and use a light colored sheet on your lap it will make it easier to see

WyntreBlossom
November 4th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Thanks for all the good tops everyone. If I hit my goal of WL by new years I will give it a go using all your tips!

Tinyponies
November 5th, 2018, 02:09 PM
I’m definitely in for all of 2019. Perhaps I’ll ask for some little hair scissors for Christmas for S&D :) Feels wonderful to know I won’t be letting anyone else cut my hair.

lapushka
November 5th, 2018, 02:58 PM
I’m definitely in for all of 2019. Perhaps I’ll ask for some little hair scissors for Christmas for S&D :) Feels wonderful to know I won’t be letting anyone else cut my hair.

Welcome to the challenge (and again to the forum). You can use small embroidery scissors for S&D - those are usually quite sharp!

guska
November 7th, 2018, 01:49 PM
I'm officially joining this thread now.

I have a prom in 2020 (it's a traditional thing where I live) and desperately want to have long hair by then to be able to do some beautiful updo. I kind of regret my big chop because my current length (a couple of inches past CBL) and hair type (slippery, non-grabby, currently semi-thick) makes it hard for me to do anything with it. I didn't have this problem when I was at TBL.

Btw, all of the girls who go to this prom will have their hair done at a salon, but tbh, the updos they end up with look almost exactly like any LHC-member's daily bun. Looking through the picture threads really give me a lot of inspiration and when seeing an updo that I particularly like, I always think "that could be my prom hairstyle", lol.

lapushka
November 7th, 2018, 02:02 PM
guska, welcome! :) I hope you can have a nice prom with a length that appeals to you! :flower:

VenusianMane
November 7th, 2018, 02:09 PM
How long can someone go without a trim (and no S&Ding)?
I'm thinking of joining the challenge, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea going so long without a trim, I have no idea really, my last haircut was on August 2018
And would not be S&Ding, because I don't think I get split ends, or at least I've never seen a split end on my hair (but maybe I would if too much time has passed without a trim?)
TBH since I joined here I realized there are so many things I don't know about long hair, and hair in general :lol:

Sid0rela
November 7th, 2018, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure if I can actually go through with this challenge. The thing that is setting me back, is that im growing out bleach and i wanna get rid of the dyed part ASAP without losing all the length at the same time.
Anyways, in general, i trim every six months but i NEVER S&D in my life so i think i could give this a go..
So excited now for the challenge!

lapushka
November 7th, 2018, 02:49 PM
How long can someone go without a trim (and no S&Ding)?
I'm thinking of joining the challenge, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea going so long without a trim, I have no idea really, my last haircut was on August 2018
And would not be S&Ding, because I don't think I get split ends, or at least I've never seen a split end on my hair (but maybe I would if too much time has passed without a trim?)
TBH since I joined here I realized there are so many things I don't know about long hair, and hair in general :lol:

August this year is very very recent! I haven't trimmed since November 2016, and grew from hip straight to FTL (fingertip length). You can leave your hair alone for literally years if it's in good shape and you hardly get splits! You'll have to see as you go, but don't get "stuck" on a date where you "need" to trim, just because you are used to trimming more often.

I'm not sure if I can actually go through with this challenge. The thing that is setting me back, is that im growing out bleach and i wanna get rid of the dyed part ASAP without losing all the length at the same time.
Anyways, in general, i trim every six months but i NEVER S&D in my life so i think i could give this a go..
So excited now for the challenge!

You can also join the halves. This means you can trim when 6 months are over and then participate in the second half of the challenge for 2019. If it makes you feel more comfortable with the bleach, by all means.

VenusianMane
November 7th, 2018, 03:35 PM
August this year is very very recent! I haven't trimmed since November 2016, and grew from hip straight to FTL (fingertip length). You can leave your hair alone for literally years if it's in good shape and you hardly get splits! You'll have to see as you go, but don't get "stuck" on a date where you "need" to trim, just because you are used to trimming more often.

I think will join the challenge then :)
I pretty much always cut my hair once a year, this year I decided to cut twice, and while the haircut looks great, idk, I felt like my hair was so short (but I always cut back to APL when it gets BSL+, go figure) and I staring seeing things about longer hair and growing out hair everywhere, so here I am
It will be nice to not have to spend money on a haircut and not worry about that for a while!

lapushka
November 7th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I think will join the challenge then :)
I pretty much always cut my hair once a year, this year I decided to cut twice, and while the haircut looks great, idk, I felt like my hair was so short (but I always cut back to APL when it gets BSL+, go figure) and I staring seeing things about longer hair and growing out hair everywhere, so here I am
It will be nice to not have to spend money on a haircut and not worry about that for a while!

That's the spirit. You do have to feel comfortable with no-trimming yourself, though. No one is forcing you and if at all during this challenge you feel the need to trim and you're sick of participating, just go with your gut.

I sort of see this "challenge" more as a good guideline, to get people to longer lengths a little faster. :) And also to realize that trimming isn't all it's cracked up to be. It really is not necessary every 6-8 weeks as hairdressers often say. To maintain a style? Sure but to actually have your hair grow? Nope.

Anyhow, welcome to the thread, VenusianMane! :)

Natalia_A00
November 7th, 2018, 04:47 PM
It's going to be 6 months since I last cut my hair in January, so yeah, I want to do this challenge. My ends don't look very bad for now, but I think a trim in January would result in a fresh start with a healthy and blunt hemline. When I get a trim I'm going to try to wear more protective styles and really care about my hair so I don't have raggedy ends by the end of 2019 lol.

Natalia_A00
November 7th, 2018, 04:49 PM
That's the spirit. You do have to feel comfortable with no-trimming yourself, though. No one is forcing you and if at all during this challenge you feel the need to trim and you're sick of participating, just go with your gut.

I sort of see this "challenge" more as a good guideline, to get people to longer lengths a little faster. :) And also to realize that trimming isn't all it's cracked up to be. It really is not necessary every 6-8 weeks as hairdressers often say. To maintain a style? Sure but to actually have your hair grow? Nope.

I would never be able to grow a single inch of my hair if I trimmed it every 6 weeks lol It's been 5 months or so and my ends still look ok. I think it's not actually necessary until you see actual damage. If it looks and feels good, why trim it?

VenusianMane
November 7th, 2018, 04:58 PM

I usually cut it just because my hair grows the cut out and loses the style, and so I begin to think it doesn't look good,(I think I really need some layers on my length and face framing layers) and then I'll get it cut, but also end up cutting a lot of length as well
Just when I joined here that I had the realization that I don't need to cut off the length, I could just get layers and maintain it, so I think this will be my plan! Power through until my goal length, but get a trim in between if necessary, and when I reach waist I will get layers and such
Or at least this is the current plan, I might change my mind :lol:
Anyway, thank you, Lapushka :)

shelleynyc
November 8th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Hi. You can count me in on this challenge :)
In the last 18 months I've been transitioning from bleached/dyed hair to my natural color and was impulsively trimming the ends every few weeks because I became obsessed with getting rid of the old chemically damaged hair and just wanted all virgin healthy hair. But then 3 weeks ago I decided to rip the bandaid off and did a big chop from APL to chin length to get rid of the last parts of dyed hair. Now all my hair is finally virgin and healthy so I am ready to stop the obsessive trimming and finally start growing it out! I think I should be able to get back to APL again before 2019 is over.

guska
November 8th, 2018, 10:04 AM
guska, welcome! :) I hope you can have a nice prom with a length that appeals to you! :flower:

Thank you, lapushka!

I have to admit it feels a little bit weird going from trimming once a month to no trimming at all. I can actually see my hair grow, instead of keeping the same length all year round.

abbysinthe
November 8th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I'd like to be part of this challenge as well! It'll take lots of motivation to get through the awkward pixie stage. :pray:

WyntreBlossom
November 8th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Yesterday my family tried to convince me getting a trim would make my hair grow faster. When I tried to explain to them what I know about hair growth and microtrimming and that an actual "trim" wouldn't help, they just told me they weren't going to fix it if I messed up my hair. (I have a family member who has been my hair dresser for years. Only person I trust to cut or trim my hair.). I just blinked. Sigh.

lapushka
November 8th, 2018, 03:33 PM
I'd like to be part of this challenge as well! It'll take lots of motivation to get through the awkward pixie stage. :pray:

We'll help you along; just come and talk to us if you hit "mullet-stage" and you are desperate for a trim. Just putting the hair behind your ears works wonders through that stage (it is how I got past it when I last grew out a pixie without trimming).

Yesterday my family tried to convince me getting a trim would make my hair grow faster. When I tried to explain to them what I know about hair growth and microtrimming and that an actual "trim" wouldn't help, they just told me they weren't going to fix it if I messed up my hair. (I have a family member who has been my hair dresser for years. Only person I trust to cut or trim my hair.). I just blinked. Sigh.

I wouldn't bother trying to explain. 9 times out of 10 it falls on deaf ears. People just say stuff like that to try and be helpful and yeah... there you go. Just see what your hair can take. If you get too many split ends by going no-trimming, then obviously you need to address it, but if that all doesn't happen, you can easily grow for a year.

My last trim was November 2016. And there are others on this forum who haven't trimmed in... longer than that!!!

Don't let anyone scare you! :flower:

WyntreBlossom
November 8th, 2018, 05:47 PM
We'll help you along; just come and talk to us if you hit "mullet-stage" and you are desperate for a trim. Just putting the hair behind your ears works wonders through that stage (it is how I got past it when I last grew out a pixie without trimming).

I wouldn't bother trying to explain. 9 times out of 10 it falls on deaf ears. People just say stuff like that to try and be helpful and yeah... there you go. Just see what your hair can take. If you get too many split ends by going no-trimming, then obviously you need to address it, but if that all doesn't happen, you can easily grow for a year.

My last trim was November 2016. And there are others on this forum who haven't trimmed in... longer than that!!!

Don't let anyone scare you! :flower:

Thank you for your kind words of advice <3

rubygloom
November 8th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Count me in! I haven’t gotten a trim since May after chopping it off to a pixie and it’s already almost shoulder length.

Capybara
November 8th, 2018, 06:56 PM
I’m in! I rarely trim anyways. My last two trims were September 24, 2015 and July 24, 2018.

Vacurlylady
November 8th, 2018, 07:14 PM
The idea of letting it grow is so unique but not... you know. We have been so conditioned to believe we need regular trims. So excited to be here. My safe place to talk no trims and long hair!

floralgem
November 8th, 2018, 07:16 PM
I'm hopefully going to join in, I went the whole year without a trim until now. I had major split ends.

Jesmonster2
November 9th, 2018, 05:43 AM
I'm trying to grow out bleached hair and get past shoulder length. I think a year without trimming will do me good. I can't remember if I've ever gone so long without even a small trim. I got my hair cut to my shoulders last month. As of today, my hair is 19 and 1/4 inches long.

lapushka
November 9th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Count me in! I haven’t gotten a trim since May after chopping it off to a pixie and it’s already almost shoulder length.

Your hair looks lovely in your avatar! :)

I’m in! I rarely trim anyways. My last two trims were September 24, 2015 and July 24, 2018.

That's more than enough. ;) :p IMO. :lol:

The idea of letting it grow is so unique but not... you know. We have been so conditioned to believe we need regular trims. So excited to be here. My safe place to talk no trims and long hair!

Awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm hopefully going to join in, I went the whole year without a trim until now. I had major split ends.

Welcome! :) Hope the splits are gone.

I'm trying to grow out bleached hair and get past shoulder length. I think a year without trimming will do me good. I can't remember if I've ever gone so long without even a small trim. I got my hair cut to my shoulders last month. As of today, my hair is 19 and 1/4 inches long.

You can always S&D, if need be.

DoomKitty
November 10th, 2018, 01:22 AM
I'm in! Last trim was August after 6 months of S&D only, I've been maintaining bangs since then too. It's amazing how much length I've retained without the quarterly half cm trim I was getting, I honestly didn't think it made that much difference overall until I stopped. I'm already at my Xmas goal of MBL stretched for this year and hoping I can hit Hip by Xmas next year.

almostghost
November 20th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I think I'm up for this! I haven't actually trimmed since roughly February 2017, so I'll probably have to do plenty of S&D, so I'm glad that's allowed. Hopefully this way I'll manage to reach waist by the end of 2019 too :D I actually kind of like the way fairytale ends look, so unless it gets really unruly I plan to let it reach somewhere around BCL before I work on any hemline thickening.

lapushka
November 20th, 2018, 08:27 AM
I think I'm up for this! I haven't actually trimmed since roughly February 2017, so I'll probably have to do plenty of S&D, so I'm glad that's allowed. Hopefully this way I'll manage to reach waist by the end of 2019 too :D I actually kind of like the way fairytale ends look, so unless it gets really unruly I plan to let it reach somewhere around BCL before I work on any hemline thickening.

Welcome to the challenge. Have you seen the halves? You can join those too, should you decide you need a trim mid-year.

shaluwm_agape
November 20th, 2018, 09:10 AM
This challenge is starting soon!

almostghost
November 20th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the challenge. Have you seen the halves? You can join those too, should you decide you need a trim mid-year.

Thanks! I'm hoping to reach BCL before I do any trimming at all, but I'll keep that in mind just in case.

Hasse
November 20th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Count me in! At the end of 2018 I'll be hovering around SL, so I'm hoping to reach BSL at the end of 2019 :) (I have a short torso so it should be doable).

Laura1986
November 20th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I'm in! I did a last mullet trim last week and I'm ready to not cut until it is needed again. Probably not before the end of 2019!

Lengthwise, I expect to be at solid shoulder by spring 2019 and solid APL, maybe even BSL by the end of 2019.

Vacurlylady
November 20th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Count me in! At the end of 2018 I'll be hovering around SL, so I'm hoping to reach BSL at the end of 2019 :) (I have a short torso so it should be doable).

I’m about the same length as you! Have been growing for a year now from a pixie cut! Hopefully BSL would be doable for me by end of 2019 as well! 🤗

shaluwm_agape
November 21st, 2018, 08:24 AM
Hopefully I will be around hip by the end of 2019! I am currently just under BSL and there is still one month left in the yr so I can not wait to see where I am at the end of 2018

lapushka
November 21st, 2018, 12:20 PM
Hopefully I will be around hip by the end of 2019! I am currently just under BSL and there is still one month left in the yr so I can not wait to see where I am at the end of 2018

It's a fun project, IMO. Brings a lot of joy to those doing it, surprises as to how much length = gained. Sometimes it doesn't end well because of too many splits and people realizing they need to be microtrimming instead (due to too much damage for instance), but... overall... generally it's a "good thing".

shaluwm_agape
November 21st, 2018, 04:04 PM
It's a fun project, IMO. Brings a lot of joy to those doing it, surprises as to how much length = gained. Sometimes it doesn't end well because of too many splits and people realizing they need to be microtrimming instead (due to too much damage for instance), but... overall... generally it's a "good thing".

Yeah I believe that too! I will do a microtrim between the challenges to try to avoid too much microtrimming later on, but if I get to HL by next yr I may be able to make it to classic by the end of 2020

lapushka
November 21st, 2018, 04:58 PM
Yeah I believe that too! I will do a microtrim between the challenges to try to avoid too much microtrimming later on, but if I get to HL by next yr I may be able to make it to classic by the end of 2020

That sounds good to me! :D :thumbsup: All the best on your journey!!! :)

shaluwm_agape
November 21st, 2018, 05:04 PM
Are you at your goal length?

lapushka
November 21st, 2018, 05:09 PM
Are you at your goal length?

Nope. I'm a liiitle past FTL right now and would love to reach knee.

shaluwm_agape
November 21st, 2018, 05:19 PM
Wow that length would be beautiful on you lapushka!

lapushka
November 21st, 2018, 05:22 PM
Wow that length would be beautiful on you lapushka!

Aw thank you! I hope you get to classic in 2020! :thumbsup: We can support each other throughout our journeys, right. No trimming is such fun!!! :happydance:

shaluwm_agape
November 21st, 2018, 05:29 PM
:cheer: :toast: :flower: yes

young&reckless
November 28th, 2018, 06:21 AM
Count me in! I have been maintaining at hip length and would like to get back to tailbone or longer again. I needed a few trims to reduce the thin ends I had. Im excited for a new length again!

Sparkles122
December 1st, 2018, 08:53 AM
Ok looks like im joining this!

lapushka
December 1st, 2018, 09:02 AM
Ok looks like im joining this!

zuzannaa.aaa
December 1st, 2018, 09:17 PM
I haven't been on this site in so long!! I just trimmed (maybe, is an inch and a half a trim?) a week ago so I think it's time to join my first ever no-trimming thread!! I'm so excited :eek:

shaluwm_agape
December 2nd, 2018, 04:10 PM
I'm in the last challenge as well when is the trim window so I can go right in to this one

lapushka
December 2nd, 2018, 04:18 PM
I haven't been on this site in so long!! I just trimmed (maybe, is an inch and a half a trim?) a week ago so I think it's time to join my first ever no-trimming thread!! I'm so excited :eek:

shaluwm_agape, check out the first message on this thread (1-5 Jan).

shaluwm_agape
December 2nd, 2018, 06:15 PM
Oh ok I saw that but wasn't sure! Thanks

lapushka
December 3rd, 2018, 07:59 AM
Oh ok I saw that but wasn't sure! Thanks

Oh you're welcome; you can ask, no problem! :D

lushfanatic
December 3rd, 2018, 08:58 AM
Right, I need to be a part of this! I've been going crazy S&Ding and although this challenge permits this I'm going to try my best to control myself completely.

I'm currently around 2-3 inches away from waist length. By the end of 2019 I hope to be comfortably hip length! :bounce:

lapushka
December 3rd, 2018, 12:54 PM
Right, I need to be a part of this! I've been going crazy S&Ding and although this challenge permits this I'm going to try my best to control myself completely.

I'm currently around 2-3 inches away from waist length. By the end of 2019 I hope to be comfortably hip length! :bounce:

Those sound like good & realistic goals. I'm sure you can make hip by the end of 2019!

MoonChildCurls
December 3rd, 2018, 12:59 PM
Count me in!

lapushka
December 3rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
Count me in!

Yay! Welcome! :D

floralgem
December 3rd, 2018, 04:23 PM
I'm joining in, I had a big chop in October and I need to catch up with length.

lapushka
December 3rd, 2018, 05:12 PM
I'm joining in, I had a big chop in October and I need to catch up with length.

hannabiss
December 5th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Update!! I cut to chin length to get rid of some of the lop-sided mullet effect I had going on. It was about 4 inches of length. I also cut in bangs.

I DONT regret it at all. It'll make growing out the side shave easier and Im sure Ill be at shoulder by the end of 2019. Maybe longer! So thats my prechallenge cut.

lapushka
December 5th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Update!! I cut to chin length to get rid of some of the lop-sided mullet effect I had going on. It was about 4 inches of length. I also cut in bangs.

I DONT regret it at all. It'll make growing out the side shave easier and Im sure Ill be at shoulder by the end of 2019. Maybe longer! So thats my prechallenge cut.

Maybe that can be a "thing", who knows? :D

Great that you can fully focus on growing now! :thumbsup:

hannabiss
December 5th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Yes I think I would have been unhappy all 2019 if I was fighting a mullet and the sideshave

lushfanatic
December 5th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Ordered myself a pair of proper hair scissors ready for this challenge!

Back in 2017 I literally tied my hair in two ponytails and attacked it with fabric scissors! It took ages for the scissors to work through my thick hair and I'm so surprised it didn't cause any damage - no split ends or anything! I do have split ends now but I believe they're from colouring my hair with a box dye a few months back, leaving the hair a little weaker. I don't want to take any more chances though ;)

Belle03
December 5th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Count me in.

lapushka
December 6th, 2018, 04:28 PM

Tiny-Kittence
December 13th, 2018, 01:30 AM
Def gonna join this years thread. Hoping to grow tons of inches in 2019 and maybe get past my rib cage or maybe just at the bottom, who knows.

lapushka
December 13th, 2018, 06:49 AM
Def gonna join this years thread. Hoping to grow tons of inches in 2019 and maybe get past my rib cage or maybe just at the bottom, who knows.

Good luck & welcome! :)

wo
December 15th, 2018, 11:57 AM
I'm joining this. I went 3 years without trimming.
Then this year I've had two trims. And now I'm really happy with my hair and ready to go a year without. It's hip length, so I'd guess it might be around tailbone length by the end of 2019.

dagny
December 15th, 2018, 12:36 PM
I had originally joined the 2019 6 month challenge, but think I am going to strive for this No-trimming 2019 challenge instead. I do have some damage to my hair from balyage once and then henna gloss once (and many clarifications, honey, and Color-Ooops to try and lessen the henna...) so I think I might do one more trim before Jan 1st and then leave things alone for a year.

I've gone years without trims before without any issues, but my hair was all virgin then -- so hopefully the damage is not too severe.

I am hoping to reach TB (and maybe even Classic :shrug:) by this time next year...so we will see. :p

Stray_mind
December 15th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Hoooo boy. I am joining this and hoping i can make it to BSL by the end of next year. :D

I will do a small trim in the time allowed, so i could start with healthier hair though.

LittleTea
December 15th, 2018, 04:31 PM
I was unsure if I wanted to join this thread, but I think I am!! I reaaaalllyyy want to get to my first milestone at BSL as fast as possible.:D

I'm growing out layers, bangs, and a side shave so I'm thinking my hair is gonna look a bit silly for a while, but I really don't mind. I've gotten into the habit of wearing buns again, and I'll S&D once a month to help with splits.

BSL in one year! :rolling:

Edit to add that my hair is currently at CBL! I haven't measured since I'm not really into that...but I'm 172cm tall so I'm thinking it's a good distance haha. :rolling:

ExpectoPatronum
December 15th, 2018, 04:34 PM
I need to trim off the last of some damage before the year begins. I want to start off the year of no-trims on the best note possible.