PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2019!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

NeonPink
August 21st, 2019, 05:22 AM
I've been so tempted to cut my hair for the past few days... My hair is decently thick down to around BSL or maybe even MBL but from there to TBL it's very thin and fairytaled and I keep thinking I should just cut to make it all even... It's not even that the long bits are damaged, it's just bothering me, but I know that if I cut it I'll miss my long hair :S

Guess I'll try to stick with this challenge until the end and then see how I feel

ExpectoPatronum
August 22nd, 2019, 05:13 PM
I'm excited that my hair seems to finally have reached the length it was before I had it trimmed back in July :D

pixitolong
August 26th, 2019, 08:58 AM
I'm just so glad I have found a long hair community to keep my mind busy at the moment. Wow nearly another month down too..

Lazy Loop
August 27th, 2019, 06:04 PM
One year since my last hair cut. I’m still not cutting for the rest of 2019https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38297&d=1566946881

Agava
August 28th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Lazy Loop, very beautiful hair and excellent growth. I wish my hair would look like your when it grows that long, and when I get rid of all dye.

BerrySara
August 28th, 2019, 10:58 AM
One year since my last hair cut. I’m still not cutting for the rest of 2019https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38297&d=1566946881

Wow that's a lot of growth in one year! Lovely!

AshtangiPNW
August 28th, 2019, 01:31 PM

Great progress Lazy Loop! Really beautiful shade, too.

Lazy Loop
August 28th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Thank you! I know what you mean, I had to grow out color and damage when I first joined LHC. You will be so happy you did. Looks like you’re getting on to your goal :hifive: and I really like your natural color, too!

Lazy Loop
August 28th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Thank you, seems to have went by quickly this time!!

Lazy Loop
August 28th, 2019, 07:23 PM
Thank you!

(Apparently I haven’t learned how to “quote’’ AND include the post I’m replying to, yet. Will work on that :blueeek:)

Longlegs
August 28th, 2019, 08:27 PM
I know my hair is going to look 'messy' at the end of the challenge, with lots of search and destroy sessions and ends that will be a bit dry. But I suppose it would'nt be accurate if I had 1/2 inch cut off before I take my photo. I think I'm definitely going to be armpit level or maybe even longer which is great, and I have no urge to get a trim either. So I'm quite pleased with how this year is going. :D

Lazy Loop
August 29th, 2019, 05:42 PM
A good place to be!

Lazy Loop
August 29th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Good! I admire ďpixie to longĒ growth!!

lapushka
August 29th, 2019, 05:56 PM
Lazy Loop, that's awesome growth!

Lazy Loop
August 29th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Lazy Loop, that's awesome growth!
Thank You!! No trimming 2019

Longlegs
August 29th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Lazyloop Your hair looks great, quite a fast growth rate and it looks really healthy too.

StellaStellitsa
September 2nd, 2019, 07:31 AM
I enter the challenge. Last hair cutting was around in Christmas of 2016.

longhairmaiden
September 2nd, 2019, 12:08 PM
Im in. Last cut though Was 2016 with a disastsr cut Im Trying tog row out. Its now at a good point but with the horrible uneaven layers. Trying hard not to cut them off until my hair is long enough to cut them out and still have long hair. If the hairdresser hadn’t messed up I’d have tail bone length hair now

clandestine
September 2nd, 2019, 12:15 PM
This challenge has been a good reminder to avoid the scissors. It helps a lot when I want to change things up due to stress.

zuzannaa.aaa
September 2nd, 2019, 07:58 PM
Hey all, thanks for your responses to my bangs question! I'm sad to say that I gave in to the urge before reading all the responses, and even though they take a lot of maintenance, I'm glad I did. I'll definitely be growing them out, but I guess I'm out of no-trimming 2019 after this failure:p

MusicalSpoons
September 2nd, 2019, 08:34 PM
I'm here by default because I never got round to trimming between halves.

Lazy Loop that's great growth! I love your texture too (looks more than 1c/2a to me, may be worth doing a hair typing pic again at some point). I keep looking at your sigpic above the text box as I'm typing this - so beautiful!

cjk
September 2nd, 2019, 10:54 PM
Checking in.

Still going strong!

Simsy
September 7th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Cross posting for a change...
I apparently past fingertip at some point. I asked DH how long I was and the point he indicated was a shade past mid-thigh; which would explain why I couldnít reach the ends without lifting the length anymore.

I changed my shampoo and conditioner this week and my hair does feel better. I donít know why, I donít know how; I just know that my hair doesnít feel quite so fragile this morning. I will have to monitor at the next wash which may or may not be on schedule; because work is a thing that I have to deal with and work around.

zmirina
September 7th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Checking in! Still going strong!

College and social life got intense, so I've been benign neglecting my hair. No treatments, no fancy styles. But also no scissors.
Thanks to the curve in my lower back I'll probably be reaching butt length soon!

Agava
September 12th, 2019, 12:50 PM
I have to check out.
An impulsive decision, but the good one.
In short: I've trimmed my bangs and few frontal strands. I trimmed something between 0mm and 1cm, depending on the strand. Is that actually called a dusting?
However, it isn't even noticeable, it's only nicer how those parts fall now. And I like how my bangs are now easier to manage.
I wish all of you patience and joyful growing!

jansmith
September 14th, 2019, 02:58 PM
i am in for life

Longlegs
September 15th, 2019, 12:36 AM
I think their is a No trimming for life type of thread on the forum somewhere.

I'm just checking in - the year is going so fast, I'm looking forward to seeing how my hair looks at the end of it.

Aroha
September 15th, 2019, 12:46 AM
Agava, that trim sounds well worth it.

Agava
September 16th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Aroha, yes, I'm glad that I did it. In January I probably won't need to correct anything.

guska
September 16th, 2019, 09:12 AM
I'm anticipating so hard for the end of this challenge. One year and three since my big chop a.k.a. of no-trim. Gah, my uneven ends :justy:

Stoneburnia
September 16th, 2019, 11:14 AM
I would LOVE to be apart of this challenge for 2020!!

MusicalSpoons
September 16th, 2019, 11:41 AM
I would LOVE to be apart of this challenge for 2020!!

Here you go :D https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146186

lapushka
September 16th, 2019, 04:42 PM
I think their is a No trimming for life type of thread on the forum somewhere.

I'm just checking in - the year is going so fast, I'm looking forward to seeing how my hair looks at the end of it.

Yes it is called the no trimming club, if you search (advanced search) and do titles only, you'll find it right quick!

ETA/ FOUND IT! I'm adding the link:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

StellaStellitsa
September 24th, 2019, 09:42 AM
I searched and destroyed my hair today. The next time I will be doing it is December.

MamaLou
September 28th, 2019, 03:34 AM
I'm out! I got a haircut today and now I'm at bsl. I actually got all the way from a bit longer than apl to mbl this year so that shows definitely how much hair can grow in a year!

Tinyponies
September 28th, 2019, 04:18 AM
Our house renovation is going well, but my hair is suffering a bit for it. Our only water source is a (very cold) spring down a steep hill and i donít have the facilities for heating much water right now. So Iím on a very stretched hair washing thing and just washing it when Iím visiting relatives or a very kind neighbour. Usually about 12-14 days apart.

Keeping my hair up and covered as usual is working mostly, but lately thereís been so much dust that itís drying everything out terribly. My ends are definitely suffering for it. I drenched them in spring water a couple of times and added some oil, but it didnít really help so Iím starting to wonder if I need to do a clarifying wash to start over.

Simsy
September 28th, 2019, 06:11 AM
Our house renovation is going well, but my hair is suffering a bit for it. Our only water source is a (very cold) spring down a steep hill and i donít have the facilities for heating much water right now. So Iím on a very stretched hair washing thing and just washing it when Iím visiting relatives or a very kind neighbour. Usually about 12-14 days apart.

Keeping my hair up and covered as usual is working mostly, but lately thereís been so much dust that itís drying everything out terribly. My ends are definitely suffering for it. I drenched them in spring water a couple of times and added some oil, but it didnít really help so Iím starting to wonder if I need to do a clarifying wash to start over.

Clarifying would definitely help; along with a nice treatment. :hug: hope the renos finish soon.

MusicalSpoons
September 28th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Our house renovation is going well, but my hair is suffering a bit for it. Our only water source is a (very cold) spring down a steep hill and i don’t have the facilities for heating much water right now. So I’m on a very stretched hair washing thing and just washing it when I’m visiting relatives or a very kind neighbour. Usually about 12-14 days apart.

Keeping my hair up and covered as usual is working mostly, but lately there’s been so much dust that it’s drying everything out terribly. My ends are definitely suffering for it. I drenched them in spring water a couple of times and added some oil, but it didn’t really help so I’m starting to wonder if I need to do a clarifying wash to start over.

Sounds like quite a test of patience! I hope it's all done soon. I don't know what your normal wash routine is but I always suggest using conditioner if oil isn't helping. Of course, clarifying is usually a good failsafe and it just depends which would be easier for you at the moment. Conditioner just on wet/damp ends wouldn't necessarily require any heating of water, especially if you used it as a leave-in.

Tinyponies
September 28th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Clarifying would definitely help; along with a nice treatment. :hug: hope the renos finish soon.

Sounds like quite a test of patience! I hope it's all done soon. I don't know what your normal wash routine is but I always suggest using conditioner if oil isn't helping. Of course, clarifying is usually a good failsafe and it just depends which would be easier for you at the moment. Conditioner just on wet/damp ends wouldn't necessarily require any heating of water, especially if you used it as a leave-in.
Thanks so much you guys. Feeling heard is a big relief in itself :hug:

Itís a wonderful project and in another month or so most of the most nastiest and worst dusty jobs ought to be done. Weíre doing it all ourselves on a shoestring but we are so glad to be there. Then I hope to never move house again!

Iím actually visiting my mum who lives a couple of hours away tonight and so have a decent signal (another thing we donít have there, but I kinda like that), and a warm shower! Iíll try washing with her sulphatey shampoo and then Iíve got some Shea moisture masque left I can put on. I think the dust has got through my head layers... might have to sacrifice my shower cap and wear that when we go back :lol:

Iíll try a CO cold spring water rinse next time we are there, thanks for that suggestion MusicalSpoons. For some reason I had it in my head that cold water and conditioner would be a bad combo. Just need to stop everything getting so parched (see recent photo in seasonal growth thread!)

Simsy
September 28th, 2019, 07:13 PM
October...I could have sworn we only just started September.

Still working through the wash trials.
Natural World Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner is a winner after 3 washes. I like it, my hair likes it; less knots/tangles, and the shampoo feels really nice. Keeping that one when I can find it; which wonít be very often if I donít order it in. Oh well, I was expecting that; I was lucky that the supermarket is carrying it for a couple of months so I could try it first.

Just tried the Beauty & Planet lavender and argan oil shampoo and conditioner. This one feels like a clarifying shampoo, gives me that squeaky-clean feel. We will see what it feels like at detangling time; but Iím thinking I might just keep the shampoo on rotation.

Hair Recipe Honey and Apricot shampoo and conditioner still to be tried; if itís anything like the Natural World stuff, Iíll be a happy camper.

The-Young-Maid
October 1st, 2019, 02:30 PM
It's October!!

I've been struggling a bit lately because life has been stressful. But I'm still in it!
I gotta stop watching girls cut their hair on Youtube tho, I'm getting an itch lol

Tinyponies
October 2nd, 2019, 07:56 AM
Time is going so fast isnít it?

Update: third wash in ~7 days has my hair feeling almost normal again. The length is getting more soft and drapey but the ends still feel a bit dry. Hoping the covered nautilus bun I wear will normalise that as it has done before.

Simpscone
October 3rd, 2019, 04:40 AM
Phew I've made it to October! I was going to re-evaluate if I needed to trim at the end of September - and I think for now I'm going to keep going and aim for the end of October. If I take it month by month I think I can make it to the end!! My ends are starting to get extra-knotted, but I'm determined.

Edit: I meant to put this on the second half challenge - oops! I trimmed in February I don't belong here...
:run:

raemarthe
October 4th, 2019, 02:19 PM
https://i.ibb.co/svTYHSk/857-C03-D5-32-CA-4-F0-F-8-CDE-2-C9269-A2-A53-A.jpg

Officially one year trim tree today...before and after pics! Can't wait to finish the challenge I set for my self after the cut.

lapushka
October 4th, 2019, 03:46 PM

Officially one year trim tree today...before and after pics! Can't wait to finish the challenge I set for my self after the cut.

WOW! Quite a bit of progress there! :) That's awesome.

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
October 5th, 2019, 06:32 AM

Congratulations on your one year no trimming. Your hair grows very fast and looks amazing.

S&S
October 6th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Curious:

For those that will end the challenge with a trim - How much do you plan on trimming?

MusicalSpoons
October 6th, 2019, 05:02 PM
Curious:

For those that will end the challenge with a trim - How much do you plan on trimming?

3 inches or however much takes me back to an inch below knee ... that's the plan, anyway. I might bottle out and enjoy being at calf for a while instead!

zmirina
October 6th, 2019, 09:01 PM
I plan to cut off whatever grows between now and 2020. It's at comfortable hip length, and I want it an inch shorter than it is now, so in January cutting off a couple of inches will feel just right

Longlegs
October 6th, 2019, 10:59 PM
I don't want to trim much - half an inch maybe. Just to even up the hemline.
Another question - for those of you who post growth photo's do you trim first? .

Ylva
October 7th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Another question - for those of you who post growth photo's do you trim first? .

When I last took part, I think I posted a photo both before a trim and after.

Curious:

I am not actually in this challenge but have gone almost equally long without trimming anyway. So since I plan to participate in the next 6-month one, I will be trimming my ends a little bit prior to that, maybe 1-2 cm.

MusicalSpoons
October 7th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Growth photos: my end-of challenge one would be before a trim. My starting the next challenge photo would be after. The point is to see how much it grows between trims ;)

cjk
October 7th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Still going strong!

https://i.imgur.com/ac1aR2k.jpg

Ilyem
October 9th, 2019, 04:59 PM
I'm still doing well, yes my ends are a bit crusty feeling at the moment but that's mostly due to the fact that I haven't done any S&D in months - haven't had time to sit down for an hour and do it.

Either way, I'll get to the end of the year having not cut my hair just fine. Its grown from shoulder length to almost BSL so it's nice to have relatively long hair now. I'm especially happy that I can finally do buns

Longlegs
October 10th, 2019, 09:49 PM
Growth photos: my end-of challenge one would be before a trim. My starting the next challenge photo would be after. The point is to see how much it grows between trims ;)
Good idea, that makes sense

ReadingRenee
October 11th, 2019, 08:14 PM
I am REALLY feeling the need to trim. I think its impressive that it took this long for my ends to show wear. I had the tiniest trim in Jan 2019 but really haven't had a full trim since I cut my hair short in May 2018. However, now I can see that my ends need some love and I am not sure what I want to do. On one hand being in this challenge has kept me from cutting my hair and then regretting it, but on the other hand, this challenge has kept me from cutting my hair when I think it needs it.

I am still trying to decide. I know its only about 2.5 more months but its hard. Pictures look fine, it's hard to tell in those.

lapushka
October 12th, 2019, 04:38 PM
I am REALLY feeling the need to trim. I think its impressive that it took this long for my ends to show wear. I had the tiniest trim in Jan 2019 but really haven't had a full trim since I cut my hair short in May 2018. However, now I can see that my ends need some love and I am not sure what I want to do. On one hand being in this challenge has kept me from cutting my hair and then regretting it, but on the other hand, this challenge has kept me from cutting my hair when I think it needs it.

I am still trying to decide. I know its only about 2.5 more months but its hard. Pictures look fine, it's hard to tell in those.

What exactly is up with your ends? Splits? White dots? If none of those, the rest can be dealt with fine with conditioning treatments and clarifying.

ReadingRenee
October 12th, 2019, 06:26 PM
What exactly is up with your ends? Splits? White dots? If none of those, the rest can be dealt with fine with conditioning treatments and clarifying.

Definitely no white dots, and actually I don't think any splits. My ends just look kind of thin and dry. Maybe I should just try a conditioning treatment and see how I feel. It's the same thing that always makes me trim, which is thin ends. My hair has no layers in it this time around so maybe my hair just grows this way.

Thanks for the reminder to actually check for split ends Lapushka! I'm going to try clarifying, deep conditioning and see where I'm at after that.

Eta: pic

I realized after I took this I hadn't really broken up my waves so they look kind of clumpy/tangled.

https://i.imgur.com/LPtPi9L.jpg?1

renaatijs
October 14th, 2019, 03:57 AM
I'm in ! I just cut my hair professionally so now I can let them grow !

desisparkles
October 22nd, 2019, 06:43 PM
PEACE - I'm out :poot:

Simsy
October 24th, 2019, 06:02 AM
October...I could have sworn we only just started September.

Still working through the wash trials.
Natural World Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner is a winner after 3 washes. I like it, my hair likes it; less knots/tangles, and the shampoo feels really nice. Keeping that one when I can find it; which wonít be very often if I donít order it in. Oh well, I was expecting that; I was lucky that the supermarket is carrying it for a couple of months so I could try it first.

Just tried the Beauty & Planet lavender and argan oil shampoo and conditioner. This one feels like a clarifying shampoo, gives me that squeaky-clean feel. We will see what it feels like at detangling time; but Iím thinking I might just keep the shampoo on rotation.

Hair Recipe Honey and Apricot shampoo and conditioner still to be tried; if itís anything like the Natural World stuff, Iíll be a happy camper.

Hair Recipe is a winner. Turns out I have the moisture treatment, not the conditioner. A little annoying but it pairs well with the Natural World stuff so Iím still happy. The Beauty and Planet stuff is good, though a bit much for regular washing. The shampoo might just be my go-to clarifying wash, and the conditioner is actually really nice.

Hair-wise, the ends are starting to look a little sparse but feel fine. The fragile feeling has faded somewhat, which would suggest it was the Tresemme causing the issue. Iím not sure how but Iím not going to dig too deep just yet. If it crops up again in the next couple of months, Iíll do some experimenting.

I will be trimming over New Year; and Iíll end up in next yearís challenge simply because itís easier.

zanelle
October 24th, 2019, 08:16 AM
No trims for me, no S&D, I keep it up in a bun during the day, I braid it at night.

https://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/Snakecharmer7/09e45010-2e84-484c-82a5-e698fcbc77cf.jpeg

illicitlizard
October 25th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Welp, my hair's getting ratty feeling again so it's time to bow out of this challenge now. It's been over 12 months without trimming but I can't last until the end of 2019.

alys
October 26th, 2019, 07:14 AM
I haven't cut my hair since last October. When I'm trying to grow, I only cut once a year. I desperately need a little trim, at least. I think I've had about 4-5 inches of growth since my last cut.

Eve-Jade-Day
October 28th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Hell yeah (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38853&d=1572249478)

Had minor urges to S&D yesterday but I know that once I start, it's over. So I don't do anything to my hair except shampoo, condition and put it up in two buns at night so it winds up wavier. It waves "better" at longer lengths on its own. It needs help still when it's this short.

Is it considered shoulder already?? Back is already longer than shoulder!

P.S.: Can also put it completely up with a single hair tie!

lapushka
October 28th, 2019, 04:46 PM
I'm in ! I just cut my hair professionally so now I can let them grow !

If you just trimmed, you can't join this, this is for the entire year of 2019. Check out the first post.
Maybe you meant to post in the 2020 thread? ;) :)

lapushka
October 28th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Welp, my hair's getting ratty feeling again so it's time to bow out of this challenge now. It's been over 12 months without trimming but I can't last until the end of 2019.

Oh that's a bummer. But you gotta do what you gotta do! It's been a long time anyway, so that's awesome. :thumbsup:

lapushka
October 28th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Hell yeah (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38853&d=1572249478)

Had minor urges to S&D yesterday but I know that once I start, it's over. So I don't do anything to my hair except shampoo, condition and put it up in two buns at night so it winds up wavier. It waves "better" at longer lengths on its own. It needs help still when it's this short.

Is it considered shoulder already?? Back is already longer than shoulder!

P.S.: Can also put it completely up with a single hair tie!

I think that's definitely shoulder! It's layered, but definitely shoulder.

FennFire911
October 28th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Still hanging in there and very displeased with my faerie tale ends that I think are more ratty than faerie-taley, but the end of 2019 will actually be 2 years straight of no trim at all, not even the New Year's trim in between challenges, and I am so not in the mood to give up with just a few weeks left to go. Come January 2020 though, my microtrimming journey is going to be jump-started with a few inches getting snipped right off the bat.
Keeping my hair in a bun all the time when I'm out is the only thing making this tolerable, since nobody actually knows how messy my ends are. It's a work-in progress and I'm pleased with my self control if nothing else.

zmirina
October 29th, 2019, 07:52 PM
had my hair highlighted and toned to break up some of the demarkation line from past dyes last weekend, and the hairdresser asked if i had my hair trimmed recently, aparantly ends are in very good condition

let's not tell her that it's been 11 months since i last trimmed it :)

raemarthe
November 5th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Still here, hard to believe we're almost done! My hair is definently starting to tangle and knot more, but I think that is probably due to wearing it down on all the coats and scarves I've been wearing lately. I'm going to try to continue not trimming until next July, and follow the No Trimming 2020 first half challenge.

The-Young-Maid
November 5th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Holy crap it's November:bull: By the end of the year I should have another whole inch!

hannabiss
November 8th, 2019, 06:19 AM
Glad I joined for this challenge. Haven't trimmed since Dec 6th 2018. Went from snuggly ear length to past shoulder. I was hoping for APL but did really think I'd get there. I have a long neck so it's fine I grew more than 6 inches and that's enough for me. But I always aim big. Looking forward to my trim on New Years and the start of No Trim 2020! Apl in 2020 thats for sure!

cjk
November 8th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Jan 1st will be 3 years since I last shaved. And I'm still growing strong.

Might ask a hairdresser friend to check for splits and damage before next year's challenge, but otherwise I have no intention of cutting or even trimming unless it's necessary.

I want it to go all down my back!

Ylva
November 8th, 2019, 07:08 AM
That is awesome, cjk! Congrats in advance for 3 years of no-trimming!

And hannabiss, congrats as well!

Joyful Mystery
November 9th, 2019, 04:53 PM
It’s been a bit since I’ve checked in. I ended taking 1.25” off to even up my hemline back in July so I’m out of this years challenge but have joined next years. :)

lapushka
November 9th, 2019, 06:24 PM
It’s been a bit since I’ve checked in. I ended taking 1.25” off to even up my hemline back in July so I’m out of this years challenge but have joined next years. :)

Now you tell us. ;) :p Nah, just messing with you. ;)
Good luck with next year's challenge! :thumbsup:

CalystaStarr
November 9th, 2019, 06:28 PM
I guess I'm out of this challenge, I couldn't wait any longer so I cut my bangs

Edit: nevermind this is the wrong thread lol. I was only in the second half of 2019 thread.

Joyful Mystery
November 9th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Now you tell us. ;) :p Nah, just messing with you. ;)
Good luck with next year's challenge! :thumbsup:

Hi lapushka!

Yeah, I haven’t been on much. I was diagnosed with multiple autoimmune diseases earlier this year and have been busy taking care of myself. My growth rate has slowed down some but other than that my hair hasn’t been affected by my diagnoses.

Looking forward to next year’s challenge!

lapushka
November 10th, 2019, 04:00 AM
Hi lapushka!

Yeah, I haven’t been on much. I was diagnosed with multiple autoimmune diseases earlier this year and have been busy taking care of myself. My growth rate has slowed down some but other than that my hair hasn’t been affected by my diagnoses.

Looking forward to next year’s challenge!

I'm so sorry to hear that. :flower:

I have my own issues as well (disability/chronic pain), but I distract myself with the internet these days. Before I was diagnosed in 1998, I wasn't on forums either, trust me. The internet took off in that year in my country, so, it was a great tool for me in searching for information on various issues.

:grouphug:

ReadingRenee
November 15th, 2019, 08:19 PM
I think I am actually going to make it. *knocks wood* :)

My hair has started seeming long pretty much overnight and I feel very motivated to not cut it now. I have to say I am really looking forward to a trim in January, but being in this thread has kept me from SOO many impulsive cuts. There have a been a few times that I would have cut it short(or in layers) the past few months, but I wanted to wait until the end of the challenge.

I am not sure exactly what I will do in January, but I am really happy with my current length for now, I think a trim will really help that as well. I will post a pic at the end of December.

lapushka
November 16th, 2019, 09:22 AM
I think I am actually going to make it. *knocks wood* :)

My hair has started seeming long pretty much overnight and I feel very motivated to not cut it now. I have to say I am really looking forward to a trim in January, but being in this thread has kept me from SOO many impulsive cuts. There have a been a few times that I would have cut it short(or in layers) the past few months, but I wanted to wait until the end of the challenge.

I am not sure exactly what I will do in January, but I am really happy with my current length for now, I think a trim will really help that as well. I will post a pic at the end of December.

That's great! :thumbsup:

If that is your current length in your signature, I would not cut much. It doesn't look like your hem needs it, TBH! But you know best. You have your eyes on your ends and I can't see those from here. :flower:

Longlegs
November 16th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Not long to go now, I have no urge to trim but it needs one just to have a more blunt hemline, that's all I really want. I might wait until mid January to cut!

ReadingRenee
November 16th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Thanks Lapushka!

no, that picture is pretty old. My ends are a lot more ratty looking now. I have tried to reset my profile pic but for some reason it hasn't been working. I haven't taken a length pic in a while, here is one from about a month ago, mid October.

https://i.imgur.com/Dpvi1Qm.jpg?1

lapushka
November 17th, 2019, 05:34 AM
Thanks Lapushka!

no, that picture is pretty old. My ends are a lot more ratty looking now. I have tried to reset my profile pic but for some reason it hasn't been working. I haven't taken a length pic in a while, here is one from about a month ago, mid October.

https://i.imgur.com/Dpvi1Qm.jpg?1

Well it's not terrible. Maybe take a few more pictures, just to be sure, after you detangle well, for instance, or right before a wash (detangle first); then look at the very ends? Just a suggestion.

The line is pretty straight still, though, there's a few hastier pieces in there it seems like. LOL But apart from that... It's not bad.

elise.autumn
November 17th, 2019, 07:59 PM
We're so close for 2019! I recently just hit 3 hrs without cuts or trims. I wonder if I'll make through 2020 (I'd like to) or if I'll decide the thinner ends need work before then.

raemarthe
November 21st, 2019, 11:15 AM
I intend to finish the challenge, but I think I need a trim. It's been 13 months since my last trim and my hair is starting to look damaged...never good when curls start to get straight at the ends. I think I'm going to schedule a trim for January, hopefully with a Devacurl stylist.

Edited to add:
Now that I've thought about it, I think my hair is actually overloaded with protein at the moment...It's dry and rough and just acting weird, and I recently started using a product with proteins. Going to clarify, deep condition, and reevaluate.

Cinnamonagouti
November 23rd, 2019, 06:46 AM
Haven't checked in here for a while, but I haven't touched my hair with the scissors and intend to finish the challenge. I'll not measure until New Year's, but I'm only an inch from TBL now.

lapushka
November 23rd, 2019, 12:35 PM
I intend to finish the challenge, but I think I need a trim. It's been 13 months since my last trim and my hair is starting to look damaged...never good when curls start to get straight at the ends. I think I'm going to schedule a trim for January, hopefully with a Devacurl stylist.

Edited to add:
Now that I've thought about it, I think my hair is actually overloaded with protein at the moment...It's dry and rough and just acting weird, and I recently started using a product with proteins. Going to clarify, deep condition, and reevaluate.

Always a good idea! I hope you don't have to trim a lot. Maybe use Feye's and do it yourself? Or do you need layers? You could do layers yourself, but the methods I know layer *a lot*, so if you're not up for that, best leave that alone!

Haven't checked in here for a while, but I haven't touched my hair with the scissors and intend to finish the challenge. I'll not measure until New Year's, but I'm only an inch from TBL now.

That is awesome! :D

hannabiss
November 23rd, 2019, 03:53 PM
I'm definitely trimming on the New Year even if I dont feel I need it. Reason is if I trim it at least once a year I wont be tempted to trim it at some other time... it sounds weird when I type it out loud...But I'll get the impulse to trim otherwise.

raemarthe
November 24th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Well I'm thinking of doing a Devacut, Lapushka. I found a place that specializes with curly hair. Every time I trim it myself it doesn't turn out right.

raemarthe
November 24th, 2019, 04:17 PM
https://i.ibb.co/cD7d588/F1009-F7-E-8-E0-E-4-D13-94-F2-482-AB41-C241-B.jpg

Top image before clarifying, when I thought I needed a trim due to the straight ends, and frizz due to protein sensitivity.

lapushka
November 24th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Well I'm thinking of doing a Devacut, Lapushka. I found a place that specializes with curly hair. Every time I trim it myself it doesn't turn out right.

Ah OK. Not everyone can do their own trims! :flower:

https://i.ibb.co/cD7d588/F1009-F7-E-8-E0-E-4-D13-94-F2-482-AB41-C241-B.jpg

Top image before clarifying, when I thought I needed a trim due to the straight ends, and frizz due to protein sensitivity.

It looks great and it curls so pretty again!

ReadingRenee
November 25th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Well it's not terrible. Maybe take a few more pictures, just to be sure, after you detangle well, for instance, or right before a wash (detangle first); then look at the very ends? Just a suggestion.

The line is pretty straight still, though, there's a few hastier pieces in there it seems like. LOL But apart from that... It's not bad.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't respond for ages, I have been so busy with kids and school. Finally getting a little forum time due to Thanksgiving break.

My hair DEFINITELY needs a trim. I feel like I will make the challenge but I have also never been so excited for a trim. I will take new pictures with good detangling and straightness to check, but I can tell the ends are really thin. I think my hair just grows at different rates. I hope.

Looking forward to December and the end of the month countdown!

lapushka
November 25th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Thanks! Sorry I didn't respond for ages, I have been so busy with kids and school. Finally getting a little forum time due to Thanksgiving break.

My hair DEFINITELY needs a trim. I feel like I will make the challenge but I have also never been so excited for a trim. I will take new pictures with good detangling and straightness to check, but I can tell the ends are really thin. I think my hair just grows at different rates. I hope.

Looking forward to December and the end of the month countdown!

Ah OK.

The countdown is always awesome, isn't it? :D

Good luck to everyone still hanging in there.

Ilyem
November 25th, 2019, 07:31 PM
I don't want to do this challenge anymore as my ends have become horrifically thin. My hair is already very thin to start with so the ends have only a few strands for the last 5ish cms. My hair is actually BSL now but due to the thinness it looks like APL.

So I want to get a few cms off. I'm also going on holiday soon and will be spending time with my boyfriend's parents and want to look nice when I am with them.

I'm planning on getting my boyfriend to cut off a few cm tomorrow and he has agreed even though he also really wants me to have long hair. I guess it's just for the best. And I won't even be losing that much, for everyone else the number of hairs I'll actually be cutting will be just like their normal S&D.

Ilyem
November 25th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Here are some pictures of my hair that I took yesterday as proof behind my description. Also bare in mind that this shirt is black so on a light coloured shirt my hair is practically invisible. So that brings the point: what is the point? I might as well cut off a few cm if you can't see the 20 strands anyway.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39171&d=1574732178

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39172&d=1574732192

Eve-Jade-Day
December 14th, 2019, 09:05 PM
Ugh my thin ends. I don't have a clue if I can hold out until January, let alone June to trim. But I'm putting up my hair and trying to ride it out.

Simsy
December 15th, 2019, 05:41 AM
Weíre two weeks from trim day, folks...so close.

Still going strong; I need to loose an inch or so off my ends as they have been a little abused. But otherwise I feel like my hair is going quite well. Iím at MTL, which is making buns very stable and small braids really irritating.

lapushka
December 15th, 2019, 06:10 AM
As you guys may know, I started a couple of these no-trimming threads ;) and I have switched to maintaining after going beyond classic to FTL and not finding it that "amusing". I cut back to classic and basically I have reached my goal. Classic is as far as I am going.

So I am maintaining. I asked someone to take over the no-trimming threads, but I haven't seen her around these forums in a while (hope she's still there, yikes). Since I thought it would not be fair as I'm no longer participating myself in these challenges, to keep the threads up?

Anyway. Such a short amount of time to go!
Hang in there you guys, you can do it!!!

:happydance:

Ylva
December 15th, 2019, 08:22 AM
So I am maintaining. I asked someone to take over the no-trimming threads, but I haven't seen her around these forums in a while (hope she's still there, yikes). Since I thought it would not be fair as I'm no longer participating myself in these challenges, to keep the threads up?

I'm always willing to put them up if there isn't anyone else. I'm trimming my hair twice a year now, so I at least "qualify" to put up the half-year ones. ;D

lapushka
December 15th, 2019, 08:56 AM
I'm always willing to put them up if there isn't anyone else. I'm trimming my hair twice a year now, so I at least "qualify" to put up the half-year ones. ;D

Thank you Ylva, that would be great! I'm taking you up on that! :D Thank you sooo much!

They are awesome challenges for those wanting to grow and grow big in a short while! It would be a shame to have them just up and dissapear. And in this case there's no gap.

Let me just check to see how far I've still got them running... that would be up and including 2021.

So feel free, girl! :thumbsup:

<mwah> :inlove:

Ylva
December 15th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Thank you Ylva, that would be great! I'm taking you up on that! :D Thank you sooo much!

They are awesome challenges for those wanting to grow and grow big in a short while! It would be a shame to have them just up and dissapear. And in this case there's no gap.

Let me just check to see how far I've still got them running... that would be up and including 2021.

So feel free, girl! :thumbsup:

<mwah> :inlove:

I think I'll wait until after New Year to put them up. It looks too crazy to put up 2022 in 2019. :laugh:

I agree, the challenges are amazing! They're especially helpful during those final months/weeks when you reaaallyyy need some support as well as to stay accountable.

MusicalSpoons
December 15th, 2019, 11:39 AM
I agree, the challenges are amazing! They're especially helpful during those final months/weeks when you reaaallyyy need some support as well as to stay accountable.

Agreed here as well. My sister is visiting around the 20th and then again at the end of the month. I am tempted to ask her to cut my hair the first time she's here* so I can just get on growing with a nicer hem (I hope!) but equally I want to complete it so my before and after pics are accurate :laugh:

I'll be able to hold off, but the thought is there *squashes it back into the dark corner from whence it came* :hatchet:

(I still haven't asked her if she'll do it at all yet, but what could be simpler than pulling a scrunchie down in a straight line and snipping? :whistle: hopefully she'll be reassured by my insisting that she couldn't do any worse than I'd do myself!)

lapushka
December 15th, 2019, 03:57 PM
I think I'll wait until after New Year to put them up. It looks too crazy to put up 2022 in 2019. :laugh:

Yes, true! :D :lol: 2 years worth of no-trimming will be great! People can make plans then and set longer stretch goals! I loved that about being able to get them up early!

Oh yes, the challenges have served me well. At first when I got here, I not only constantly colored my hair, I also trimmed my hair quite often - and something has to go, for sure, or you'll get nowhere. I think I changed my ways quite a bit!

Lazy Loop
December 20th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Yes, just 11 days left!!!! Your one year challenges really help and it goes so fast. Iím so glad you have found your happy place with hair length, and I really appreciate you running these threads for us:happydance:

StellaStellitsa
December 22nd, 2019, 09:06 AM
I searched and destroyed the split ends of my hair yesterday. I was thinking of doing it again today, but today I'm not in the mood.

So, around three years ago I cut my hair to chin length at its longest part in the front, due to it becoming matted. I'm now milimetres away from hip length stretched, maybe I have one hair that qualifies as at hip length. I'm now close to the longest my hair has ever been, the longest being at hip length plus I had before the above incident. Thanks to the advise I found online (and here) these last three years my hair has grown quicker and healthier than before, because apparently I was killing my then curly hair. Now I actually know how to care for hair. Thank you everyone. (maybe I should have made a different thread for the above? in which I thank you people?)

Edit:
And I haven't trimmed at all since cutting my hair till now.

Vacurlylady
December 22nd, 2019, 10:48 AM
Yes, true! :D :lol: 2 years worth of no-trimming will be great! People can make plans then and set longer stretch goals! I loved that about being able to get them up early!

Oh yes, the challenges have served me well. At first when I got here, I not only constantly colored my hair, I also trimmed my hair quite often - and something has to go, for sure, or you'll get nowhere. I think I changed my ways quite a bit!

I love love love these challenges. I would have never ever made it as far as I have (APL onto BSL) had I never seen these no trimming challenges. Thank you so much for beginning them Lapushka! You have changed my hair life! I am continuing on growing into 2020! ☺️

lapushka
December 22nd, 2019, 06:27 PM
I love love love these challenges. I would have never ever made it as far as I have (APL onto BSL) had I never seen these no trimming challenges. Thank you so much for beginning them Lapushka! You have changed my hair life! I am continuing on growing into 2020! ☺️

Good luck to you and happy growing for 2020!
I'm so glad these challenges helped you!!!

I really think your wurls are gorgeous (avatar picture). Whenever I see your posts roll by I am amazed! :D :inlove:

raemarthe
December 22nd, 2019, 06:47 PM
I trimmed the 17th. I lost about 1.5 inches, which is pretty good for me as I went 14 months without a trim. It was defienently time, but I'm glad I had this challenge to distract my self!

Vacurlylady
December 22nd, 2019, 08:08 PM
Good luck to you and happy growing for 2020!
I'm so glad these challenges helped you!!!

I really think your wurls are gorgeous (avatar picture). Whenever I see your posts roll by I am amazed! :D :inlove:

Awww Lapushka, thank you so very much. That means the world to me. I need to change my Avatar. I have more than a years longer worth of growth. It seems like I figured out how to put my picture there once and then forgot how. Iíll try to post a year end picture here in the beginning of January. Merry Christmas! ❤️🎄❤️

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
December 27th, 2019, 01:44 AM
As you guys may know, I started a couple of these no-trimming threads ;) and I have switched to maintaining after going beyond classic to FTL and not finding it that "amusing". I cut back to classic and basically I have reached my goal. Classic is as far as I am going.

Anyway. Such a short amount of time to go!
Hang in there you guys, you can do it!!!

Hello, lapushka! Yes I'm still here

I made it through another year of no cutting. This year was a bit more challenging as my ends are not even and their were plenty of times when I did not like my hair. Well I kept it in a bun and did my best to ignore it.

Visiting LHC was hard as there was just too many cutting or trimming and I did not want to. Staying away kept my thoughts away from hair. I am happy with my hair. It has been a long time since I did any s&d which I am happy to report my hair does not need. Okay I did perform the occasional search but there has been no need to destroy. Splits seem to be rare and very few.
Thank you for your patience. It now time I got more involved on here.

lapushka
December 27th, 2019, 03:32 AM
Awww Lapushka, thank you so very much. That means the world to me. I need to change my Avatar. I have more than a years longer worth of growth. It seems like I figured out how to put my picture there once and then forgot how. I’ll try to post a year end picture here in the beginning of January. Merry Christmas! ❤️��❤️

I just saw your post right now! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Happy NY. :D

Hello, lapushka! Yes I'm still here

I made it through another year of no cutting. This year was a bit more challenging as my ends are not even and their were plenty of times when I did not like my hair. Well I kept it in a bun and did my best to ignore it.

Visiting LHC was hard as there was just too many cutting or trimming and I did not want to. Staying away kept my thoughts away from hair. I am happy with my hair. It has been a long time since I did any s&d which I am happy to report my hair does not need. Okay I did perform the occasional search but there has been no need to destroy. Splits seem to be rare and very few.
Thank you for your patience. It now time I got more involved on here.

I thought you had disappeared. I even asked someone else if they'd be interested to take over the challenges (Ylva wanted to do it). Since I *really* do need someone with a constant presence on here. :flower:

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
December 28th, 2019, 12:27 PM
I just saw your post right now! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Happy NY. :D

I thought you had disappeared. I even asked someone else if they'd be interested to take over the challenges (Ylva wanted to do it). Since I *really* do need someone with a constant presence on here. :flower:

Thank you, I gave my word. I assumed that I was only taking over from next year.
Not to worry I shall step right in, if it is okay.

lapushka
December 28th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Thank you, I gave my word. I assumed that I was only taking over from next year.
Not to worry I shall step right in, if it is okay.

The challenges are covered until 2021, so not to worry! It's not time... yet.

If you know you're not going to be here all the time (and you haven't been), I'd rather Ylva do it, if you don't mind? She's here constantly, has been here, and it means consistency, which I like. :flower:

MusicalSpoons
December 28th, 2019, 05:28 PM
^ excuse me for butting in to a conversation that's not really my business, but why does consistency matter? As long as the threads are up and ready to go, they're pretty active and self-sustaining as far as I can see. There'll certainly be enough of us on each one to make sure they're alive and kicking regardless of who actually made the first post :D

lapushka
December 28th, 2019, 05:52 PM
^ excuse me for butting in to a conversation that's not really my business, but why does consistency matter? As long as the threads are up and ready to go, they're pretty active and self-sustaining as far as I can see. There'll certainly be enough of us on each one to make sure they're alive and kicking regardless of who actually made the first post :D

MusicalSpoons, it's my preference. ;) I rather not have someone not be here when a challenge is about to start, making me have to jump right back in. See?

MusicalSpoons
December 28th, 2019, 06:32 PM
MusicalSpoons, it's my preference. ;) I rather not have someone not be here when a challenge is about to start, making me have to jump right back in. See?

I understand it being a preference, but I would not agree that you have to jump back in - like you said, it's covered until 2021 anyway. I'm just not sure that asking someone to commit 100% of the year to LHC is necessary when they just need to be around to make sure the threads are up. They don't even need to bump them when the time is approaching because there are enough of us committing to each challenge that they'll naturally get bumped anyway.

I get it, it's kind of 'your baby' - I don't know if that saying translates very well from English; it was your project, you've invested in the challenges all these years so it's natural to want to make sure they're looked after and done right - but I really think they are very well established now (which is testament to you investing in them), enough not to need active 'hosting', and others seemed to think that too when you initially raised the idea of someone else taking over :)

I'm not trying to argue, just ... concerned, slightly. As a member gave you her word she'd do it, I'm not sure it's necessary to panic and want to give it to someone else just because they've been away for a bit before the start of any commitment. I also understand why you'd feel a bit worried, though, because life happens and major events can take precedence over everything else without any warning. I dunno. I do see both sides of it; I think I just wanted to point out another perspective really :flowers:

[I was considering cutting out some of that, but I won't; hopefully it shows my thought process and why I decided to comment in the first place :flower:]

hannabiss
December 30th, 2019, 07:53 AM
Omg....I made it!! I made it! Shocked! I went from ear length to past shoulder. Closing in on APL! Happy Dance!!! Ready for a trim tomorrow and on to No Trim 2020!

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
December 30th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Omg....I made it!! I made it! Shocked! I went from ear length to past shoulder. Closing in on APL! Happy Dance!!! Ready for a trim tomorrow and on to No Trim 2020!

Congratulations hannabiss! It is an awesome accomplishment. Enjoy your new milestone.

ReadingRenee
December 30th, 2019, 10:26 AM
I hope some of us can share the beginning of the year pictures and then after a year of not trimming pictures. I am going to take my after a year of no trimming picture tomorrow before I trim.

lapushka
December 30th, 2019, 10:57 AM

From ear to past shoulder is quite a bit (and that's an understatement), and there's a few awkward lengths in there, so congratulations to you! :cheer:

I hope some of us can share the beginning of the year pictures and then after a year of not trimming pictures. I am going to take my after a year of no trimming picture tomorrow before I trim.

Awesome! :)

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
December 31st, 2019, 12:17 PM
Congratulations all who completed the No-trimming 2019. It may have been a true challenge to keep the scissors away. But you did it. Good luck on your journey to long, healthy hair.

For those who are moving forward into the No-trimming 2020 challenge best wishes and see you there.

Eta: Link attached below.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146186

ReadingRenee
December 31st, 2019, 03:34 PM
I did it!

I made it a year without trimming. A HUGE accomplishment for me. I have never made it before. :) This challenge was so helpful in keeping me from layering my hair which always leads to very thin ends which then leads to a big cut. I have never let my hair grow without a trim to this length before. I got just about to BSL dry and brushed out. My ends are a little thin but I have very few split ends. I plan to trim about an inch at the most and then jump into the 2020 no trim challenge. Thanks everyone! I hope everyone else posts some beginning and end pics.

Jan 1 2019************ End of no trim challenge Dec 31 2019
https://i.imgur.com/Shq83yA.jpg?1 https://i.imgur.com/XEgKUZn.jpg?1

Vacurlylady
December 31st, 2019, 04:02 PM
I did it!

I made it a year without trimming. A HUGE accomplishment for me. I have never made it before. :) This challenge was so helpful in keeping me from layering my hair which always leads to very thin ends which then leads to a big cut. I have never let my hair grow without a trim to this length before. I got just about to BSL dry and brushed out. My ends are a little thin but I have very few split ends. I plan to trim about an inch at the most and then jump into the 2020 no trim challenge. Thanks everyone! I hope everyone else posts some beginning and end pics.

Jan 1 2019************ End of no trim challenge Dec 31 2019
https://i.imgur.com/Shq83yA.jpg?1 https://i.imgur.com/XEgKUZn.jpg?1

Beautiful! These no trim challenges help so much! Itís like the idea of trimming is off the spectrum! Like ďno canít trim! I signed a contract with LHC!Ē 🤣🤣🤣

Ylva
December 31st, 2019, 04:14 PM
These no trim challenges help so much! Itís like the idea of trimming is off the spectrum! Like ďno canít trim! I signed a contract with LHC!Ē 🤣🤣🤣

Haha, I feel the same way!

---
Congrats to all who finished the challenge! I don't remember if I've posted my congratulations yet or not. Here it is if I haven't. :D

MusicalSpoons
December 31st, 2019, 04:55 PM
YAY we did it!! Congratulations all! https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/240/whatsapp/215/face-with-party-horn-and-party-hat_1f973.png

I intend to put a henna streak and an indigo streak in my very ends just for fun and out of curiosity, so I'm glad for the reminder to take the end-of-year photo before I do that! (My sister will visit in time to cut a few inches before starting next year's no-trimming, so it's basically a strand test for each and only a 5-day commitment to the colours :lol:)

Vacurlylady
December 31st, 2019, 05:03 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/G81wXf2f/35853773-C8-B8-4823-8-CB6-BAA7-E6439-B61.jpg (https://postimg.cc/G81wXf2f)

So excited for my growth in 2019! Heading right into 2020 with no trimming! My hair has never been this length!

MusicalSpoons
December 31st, 2019, 07:03 PM
Very nice ReadingRenee!

Vacurlylady I've not seen your hair before apart from in your avatar - it's absolutely gorgeous! :crush:

Finally managed to dig out my starting photo (which I ended up only posting on the seasonal thread, not here or even on the first half challenge) - it was knee when straight, but flippy ends did not want to cooperate
https://live.staticflickr.com/7904/46538613012_6f03efec14.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dUsygw)Post-trim Dec 2018 (https://flic.kr/p/2dUsygw)

After: combed out, then brushed out completely. Knee is marked, and you can see the state of my hemline. I hope it keeps a slightly thicker hemline next year but I'll have to wait to find out!
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49307447816_cbcc314b69.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2i88yoC) https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49306955708_aaf5dd016b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2i86371)
Combed out (https://flic.kr/p/2i88yoC) Brushed out (https://flic.kr/p/2i86371)

Edit: a better phone means the camera can actually function without a flash - it also means you see my hair isn't actually particularly shiny :whistle:

Vacurlylady
December 31st, 2019, 07:44 PM
Very nice ReadingRenee!

Vacurlylady I've not seen your hair before apart from in your avatar - it's absolutely gorgeous! :crush:

Finally managed to dig out my starting photo (which I ended up only posting on the seasonal thread, not here or even on the first half challenge) - it was knee when straight, but flippy ends did not want to cooperate
https://live.staticflickr.com/7904/46538613012_6f03efec14.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dUsygw)Post-trim Dec 2018 (https://flic.kr/p/2dUsygw)

After: combed out, then brushed out completely. Knee is marked, and you can see the state of my hemline. I hope it keeps a slightly thicker hemline next year but I'll have to wait to find out!
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49307447816_cbcc314b69.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2i88yoC) https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49306955708_aaf5dd016b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2i86371)
Combed out (https://flic.kr/p/2i88yoC) Brushed out (https://flic.kr/p/2i86371)

Edit: a better phone means the camera can actually function without a flash - it also means you see my hair isn't actually particularly shiny :whistle:

Thank you so very much! Iím not good at posting pictures. So glad I got my DH to take this one today! Your hair is beautiful. Such length! I wonder if I will be able to handle that long...

Agava
January 1st, 2020, 01:46 AM
I've left this challenge in October, but I want to say that it did help me to go faster from CL to APL.

Congratulation to all of you who made at least one year without a trim!

lapushka
January 1st, 2020, 08:16 AM
I've left this challenge in October, but I want to say that it did help me to go faster from CL to APL.

Congratulation to all of you who made at least one year without a trim!

That is good progress in and of itself!!! Boy is it ever. I'm glad it helped. :)

My congrats to those who have completed the challenge!
You guys rock! :rockerdud
Thank you so much for participating!

cjk
January 1st, 2020, 10:33 AM
Congratulations to all of us who completed the challenge.

Yes, I said us. I did it too!

And my hair is finally starting to look legitimately long. Not just longish or I need a haircut, but actually long.

It was fun!

On to 2020!

lapushka
January 1st, 2020, 10:39 AM
Congratulations to all of us who completed the challenge.

Yes, I said us. I did it too!

And my hair is finally starting to look legitimately long. Not just longish or I need a haircut, but actually long.

It was fun!

On to 2020!

That's awesome, cjk. Yes, I had noticed it was getting quite long! :D

Cinnamonagouti
January 1st, 2020, 02:06 PM
I trimmed off 2 inches a week or so ago. So here's my starting picture - measured 86 cm stretched. In this picture I haven't styled or scrunched it, just let it air dry, so the shrinkage is minimal, but if you're interested the stretched length is exactly to my hips (where my hand is in the photo). This is going to be a challenge - I have gone a year without trimming before, but not really intentionally, mostly because I'm lazy and sometimes neglecting my hair. But then my ends were pretty damaged and crunchy. So I hope to leave them in better condition at the end of this year (by oiling more frequently and wearing my hair up, not in my usual braid, more often).

I'm quite happy with hip length; every time it hits BCL or so (the longest I've had is tailbone) I find it becomes too unpractical and cut it back to waist or hip. So I'm mostly interested in seeing how much my hair can grow in a year if left to itself, but will probably cut most of it off when the year is over.

I'm not really happy with my hemline, though, I like it better with more of an u- or v-shape. But I guess I will let it grow and fix that in 2020 ;)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34877&d=1546357535

Here's my hair a year later, at TBL. Measured 102 cm, which means 16 cm growth. It's bun waves (or as I call it: bun straights), and hand at my hip like in the last photo. I've never really had the intention to grow my hair longer than hip/BCL, I feel like when it's longer it's more work than I want to put in it, but it's been a fun experiment to see how much my hair grows in a year.

The ends start to fairytale a bit, which I don't mind, but it's also a bit damaged and in need of a trim. I can't decide if I want to keep growing or not - my hair has never been this long (usually keep it somewhere round hip) and it's starting to get unpractical. But I can aaalmost wrap my braid around the head now (forgot what the style is called), so I might continue until I reach that point, just to be able to wear it in that style a few times ;). The longer it gets, the straighter it becomes. I still like the texture (and I wear it up or in a braid most of the time anyway), but I really miss the volume and the bouncy curl I had at APL-BSL! So I'm also a bit tempted to chop off a bit (maybe back to waist) just to get to enjoy wearing the hair out more often. I'll think about it.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39584&d=1577908550

Longlegs
January 1st, 2020, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately I don't feel the no trim year was a success for me. I had about 5 1/2 inches growth but today my husband, who always cuts my hair, cut off 3 inches as he felt it was too damaged. I didn't think it was that bad. I feel all the time I spent doing search and destroy not to mention the money spent on products to condition the ends was wasted. I will probably get a few more 'trims' from DH then do the no trim challenge for last half of this year.

StellaStellitsa
January 2nd, 2020, 08:56 AM
Congratulations everyone, especially to those used at a more regular hair cutting. Also, to those who showed their hair, beautiful hair everyone.

Now, my own hair. This is the first time I get a photography of my hair, so I have pictures only from the end of the chalenge. My mother helped me. My hair is oiled (twice) with olive oil.

The first one's are at New Year's noon at my grandmother's house.

My hair is out of a plaited bun and lightly finger combed. It has plait waves and curly ends.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/d86dc7de31b67a1187bdd914b3108155/cba0ca4f6406d2f7-6e/s540x810/fbc22b24bad6926be9cc370a960bb622f9cda71b.jpg
Next is my hair stetched at two different times. In the second one I had sat down and then said let's take another one, that's why the shirt looks weird.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/bc2f8c32f24a40409187980d10feb0eb/deb8beb1118ca042-ff/s540x810/30b0674190dd2dee51f2de8678564dd20dfc5653.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/07628fef3e91a520f1a7753500de2278/21d03043856c25c8-2e/s540x810/7aa40703204c81d8457a84a2b33d8763c64eabd0.jpg
The next ones are from the evening of the same day but in our own house. This time my hair is actually combed properly before taking the picture.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0088476669ee38374dca7667c387ed02/da834d728d02d9aa-0e/s540x810/44427df110a74a7676f6c485106c7346e851956d.jpg
And now again stretched. This time my mother helped me while grabing all the hair to stretch them because apparently I didn't grab properly the left side.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/cf1512088d4ee54fc51bbed4334b05ea/2dc6ae8298ed8434-2d/s1280x1920/8b526959808d9700ae6f340d5dc726f115bfce9c.jpg
Looking my hair from the back for the first time and my hair looks far shorter than it feels when stretching them on my back.

I cut my hair to chin length in its longest part in the front in December of 2016. The hairdresser tried to leave me with as much hair as possible. The worst part of the matted hair was on the back. The cut was uneven and she told me to go back and correct it later when it would grow a little first in order to not cut it any more short, because I didn't want that. Well, I didn't go back, I didn't consider it nececary, my hair was not straight, I was still thinking my hair as curly(as my ends still are). In these three years I didn't trim it once. That's why I have a pretty weird hemline, an uneven haircut plus three years of uneven growth with no trimming in between.

When I joined this forum my hair was around at waist stretched. Now it is almost at hip length. It's been long since it reached the begining of my hipbone. It's a little confusing since each one shows as hip length at different length, others at the beggining of hipbone and others at the widest part of the pelvis. I try for the second one. In my body the widest parts you see lower are actually part of my very upper thigth and not my actual pelvis bone, I have naturally what they call as saddle bags, I think. They appeared in my puberty. My grandmother has them. My mother has them, even at her lowest weight, lowest fat and full of muscles when she was still going to gym she still kind of had them. If I count the widest part plus with the fat as hip length for my hair then at this length it would be around my tailbone actually, or close enough.
Still a little confused.

I'm sorry for writting so many unnecesery things.

Also sorry for the photograpfies being at different angles.

Edited to add the word twice where I say that my hair is oiled.

Edit again:
Also, in each picture my shirt sits at different places, so it can be confusing to see the actual length of my hair in comparison to my body.

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately I don't feel the no trim year was a success for me. I had about 5 1/2 inches growth but today my husband, who always cuts my hair, cut off 3 inches as he felt it was too damaged. I didn't think it was that bad. I feel all the time I spent doing search and destroy not to mention the money spent on products to condition the ends was wasted. I will probably get a few more 'trims' from DH then do the no trim challenge for last half of this year.

Why did he trim off 3 inches, though? Because he "felt" it was damaged. Sounds a little... odd to me. Is that just me? :hmm:

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 09:36 AM
Congratulations everyone, especially to those used at a more regular hair cutting. Also, to those who showed their hair, beautiful hair everyone.

Now, my own hair. This is the first time I get a photography of my hair, so I have pictures only from the end of the chalenge. My mother helped me. My hair is oiled (twice) with olive oil.

The first one's are at New Year's noon at my grandmother's house.

My hair is out of a plaited bun and lightly finger combed. It has plait waves and curly ends.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/d86dc7de31b67a1187bdd914b3108155/cba0ca4f6406d2f7-6e/s540x810/fbc22b24bad6926be9cc370a960bb622f9cda71b.jpg
Next is my hair stetched at two different times. In the second one I had sat down and then said let's take another one, that's why the shirt looks weird.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/bc2f8c32f24a40409187980d10feb0eb/deb8beb1118ca042-ff/s540x810/30b0674190dd2dee51f2de8678564dd20dfc5653.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/07628fef3e91a520f1a7753500de2278/21d03043856c25c8-2e/s540x810/7aa40703204c81d8457a84a2b33d8763c64eabd0.jpg
The next ones are from the evening of the same day but in our own house. This time my hair is actually combed properly before taking the picture.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0088476669ee38374dca7667c387ed02/da834d728d02d9aa-0e/s540x810/44427df110a74a7676f6c485106c7346e851956d.jpg
And now again stretched. This time my mother helped me while grabing all the hair to stretch them because apparently I didn't grab properly the left side.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/cf1512088d4ee54fc51bbed4334b05ea/2dc6ae8298ed8434-2d/s1280x1920/8b526959808d9700ae6f340d5dc726f115bfce9c.jpg
Looking my hair from the back for the first time and my hair looks far shorter than it feels when stretching them on my back.

I cut my hair to chin length in its longest part in the front in December of 2016. The hairdresser tried to leave me with as much hair as possible. The worst part of the matted hair was on the back. The cut was uneven and she told me to go back and correct it later when it would grow a little first in order to not cut it any more short, because I didn't want that. Well, I didn't go back, I didn't consider it nececary, my hair was not straight, I was still thinking my hair as curly(as my ends still are). In these three years I didn't trim it once. That's why I have a pretty weird hemline, an uneven haircut plus three years of uneven growth with no trimming in between.

When I joined this forum my hair was around at waist stretched. Now it is almost at hip length. It's been long since it reached the begining of my hipbone. It's a little confusing since each one shows as hip length at different length, others at the beggining of hipbone and others at the widest part of the pelvis. I try for the second one. In my body the widest parts you see lower are actually part of my very upper thigth and not my actual pelvis bone, I have naturally what they call as saddle bags, I think. They appeared in my puberty. My grandmother has them. My mother has them, even at her lowest weight, lowest fat and full of muscles when she was still going to gym she still kind of had them. If I count the widest part plus with the fat as hip length for my hair then at this length it would be around my tailbone actually, or close enough.
Still a little confused.

I'm sorry for writting so many unnecesery things.

Also sorry for the photograpfies being at different angles.

Edited to add the word twice where I say that my hair is oiled.

It's got such lovely texture! :D

StellaStellitsa
January 2nd, 2020, 09:47 AM
It's got such lovely texture! :D

Oh, thank you very much, dear lapushka.

StellaStellitsa
January 2nd, 2020, 09:51 AM
Why did he trim off 3 inches, though? Because he "felt" it was damaged. Sounds a little... odd to me. Is that just me? :hmm:

Actually, to me too it sounds kind of odd. It's not just you.

Ylva
January 2nd, 2020, 09:58 AM

Definitely not just you. I mean, it's none of my business but reading that made me a bit irritated. It's not his business to decide how much of her hair gets cut even if he's the one holding the scissors. Sorry, again, none of my business.

MusicalSpoons
January 2nd, 2020, 10:23 AM

That's such a shame and I'm so sorry you now feel the year of growing was a waste. It sounds like it wasn't, if you thought your ends were actually okay - to be honest, it reads almost like you went to a hairdresser who steamrollered your wishes and cut off what they felt like :-( except obviously it wasn't. I don't really want to say too much more because we don't know the situation and it being a marital relationship makes it a) a bit harder and b) not our business ... it just doesn't sound quite right :-(

Do you really need any more trims in the next few months? If he's already cut off what was supposedly damaged, surely what's left is fine!

StellaStellitsa your hair is beautiful! Most of us here go by hip bones or thereabouts for calling hip (even with saddlebags), just FYI ;) though for clothing it is usually the widest part. Just looking at your pictures before taking what you'd written after, I thought it looked hip length stretched on you :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2020, 10:36 AM
I would be irate if my DH just cut 3 inches off my hair because he thought it was damaged. If I ask someone to trim my hair I expect them to trim the amount I ask for, not to be free and easy with the scissors!

StellaStellitsa
January 2nd, 2020, 10:49 AM
Thank you very much dear MusicalSpoons. I was told in the other thread for the second part of no trimming for 2019 by Ylva that here it is considered hip length at the start of the hipbone. So actually not everyone here considers hipbone as hip length? Thank you for the more confirmation about my length. I had been waiting for so long to reach it. I have now changed the length on my profile to hip.

MusicalSpoons
January 2nd, 2020, 11:11 AM
Thank you very much dear MusicalSpoons. I was told in the other thread for the second part of no trimming for 2019 by Ylva that here it is considered hip length at the start of the hipbone. So actually not everyone here considers hipbone as hip length? Thank you for the more confirmation about my length. I had been waiting for so long to reach it. I have now changed the length on my profile to hip.

Yay! It can be fun to reach (even exceed!) milestones without realising, and congratulations! :cheer:

I said 'most' here go by hipbones, only because I haven't asked everyone (of course) and can't know for certain that it is everyone; however I don't recall seeing anyone saying they go by anything else for hip :) So, probably everyone although it is possible there might be some exceptions (but I don't know what they would go by instead if there are any exceptions). If that made any sense?!

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 11:15 AM
That's such a shame and I'm so sorry you now feel the year of growing was a waste. It sounds like it wasn't, if you thought your ends were actually okay - to be honest, it reads almost like you went to a hairdresser who steamrollered your wishes and cut off what they felt like :-( except obviously it wasn't. I don't really want to say too much more because we don't know the situation and it being a marital relationship makes it a) a bit harder and b) not our business ... it just doesn't sound quite right :-(

Do you really need any more trims in the next few months? If he's already cut off what was supposedly damaged, surely what's left is fine!

StellaStellitsa your hair is beautiful! Most of us here go by hip bones or thereabouts for calling hip (even with saddlebags), just FYI ;) though for clothing it is usually the widest part. Just looking at your pictures before taking what you'd written after, I thought it looked hip length stretched on you :)

It was certainly not my intention to meddle into it (totally beside the point IMO), but my point was, damage is so *hard* to access, and if hubby is not a hairdresser, then how can he really tell? Just going on feel and sight alone is how most long hairs get bigger chops. Were your ends fairy tailed in any way, Longlegs? Because that's not damage in any way shape or form!

If hair is not split or does not have white dots, it is NOT damaged. Which is the only thing I wanted to convey. That is what we say a lot on LHC.

Maybe next time try and stick to a set marker, of say, you'll be cutting 2 inches off max. It helps!

MusicalSpoons
January 2nd, 2020, 11:22 AM
It was certainly not my intention to meddle into it (totally beside the point IMO), but my point was, damage is so *hard* to access, and if hubby is not a hairdresser, then how can he really tell? Just going on feel and sight alone is how most long hairs get bigger chops. Were your ends fairy tailed in any way, Longlegs? Because that's not damage in any way shape or form!

If hair is not split or does not have white dots, it is NOT damaged. Which is the only thing I wanted to convey. That is what we say a lot on LHC.

Maybe next time try and stick to a set marker, of say, you'll be cutting 2 inches off max. It helps!

I totally agree - and even hairdressers don't tend to know the difference between damage and dryness that can be babied back to 'health' :rolleyes:

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 11:32 AM
I totally agree - and even hairdressers don't tend to know the difference between damage and dryness that can be babied back to 'health' :rolleyes:

Sad isn't it? You tend to lose a lot of growth that way, and for absolutely no reason. I feel totally bad! :(

guska
January 2nd, 2020, 01:57 PM
Congrats to everyone who made it through :cheer:

I had my hair trimmed yesterday and realised when I took some pictures that my hair reached my waist :eek: No-trim did take me far: went from neck to waist in one year and seven months. Still, a long-awaited trim felt like the best way to greet the new year :lol:

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 04:23 PM
Congrats to everyone who made it through :cheer:

I had my hair trimmed yesterday and realised when I took some pictures that my hair reached my waist :eek: No-trim did take me far: went from neck to waist in one year and seven months. Still, a long-awaited trim felt like the best way to greet the new year :lol:

Neck to waist in that short of a time? :shocked: You did awesome and "earned" that trim! :lol:

Vacurlylady
January 2nd, 2020, 04:34 PM

When I read that I was thinking it was odd as well. And then I thought I would not let my DH cut my hair. I am not sure who I will let trim my hair when I am ready for a micro trim.

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 04:48 PM
When I read that I was thinking it was odd as well. And then I thought I would not let my DH cut my hair. I am not sure who I will let trim my hair when I am ready for a micro trim.

I would not let my dad do it, he would be sooo trim-happy. He would only mind "thick ends", in fact he often remarks on the tapering (and so I always have to say, "dad it's layered"). LOL! I let my mom do it, and she is very careful, even wanting to hold me back. When I went to hip November 2016, from classic length+, I wanted more off, and she stopped me and refused to cut more! Thank goodness!!!

guska
January 2nd, 2020, 04:48 PM
Neck to waist in that short of a time? :shocked: You did awesome and "earned" that trim! :lol:

Thank you, lapushka :) I was myself surprised at the growth speed.

I requested my mom to do the trimming yesterday (I can only trim my hair on my own when it’s HL+). She was at first reluctant to do so and exclaimed ”No, don’t cut it! Didn’t you want it long?” :lol: She did a great job though, and took off the exact amount I requested (1cm)

Vacurlylady
January 2nd, 2020, 05:20 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/qg41m6JG/F7-E92-BAD-82-E1-43-E8-A06-D-C40722-B4404-A.png (https://postimg.cc/qg41m6JG)

This is my picture from 2018-2019. Iím pleased with my growth and am continuing onto 2020 without a trim! Hopefully me and my DH will get better at taking pictures as the years go by! Still not sure of my goal yet.

Congrats to all who have made it through this challenge!

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 05:35 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/qg41m6JG/F7-E92-BAD-82-E1-43-E8-A06-D-C40722-B4404-A.png (https://postimg.cc/qg41m6JG)

This is my picture from 2018-2019. I’m pleased with my growth and am continuing onto 2020 without a trim! Hopefully me and my DH will get better at taking pictures as the years go by! Still not sure of my goal yet.

Congrats to all who have made it through this challenge!

Such pretty curls, Vacurlylady! :) Congrats!

Vacurlylady
January 2nd, 2020, 06:41 PM
Such pretty curls, Vacurlylady! :) Congrats!

Thank you so very much Lapushka! ☺️

FennFire911
January 2nd, 2020, 09:33 PM
I am very grateful this challenge is over lol I did the no trim challenge for 2018 and 2019 and didn't trim last new year's in between the challenges so I went just over 2 years without trimming and my ends were driving me nuts. Assuming measurements were accurate I only got 4.5" total growth for 2019 (WHY?? I had 5.5" in 2019,) and last night DH helped me trim about 4.25" off. I was in the classic by Christmas this year challenge and was able to call classic ahead of that time thanks to racers, and by yesterday had a fairly decent lock of hair that was just past classic; I'm now back up to just barely past BCL.
I STILL have so much faerie tale/damage to trim out and it's going to tape a couple of years, but going forward I'm going to do microtrims so my ends don't drive me nuts. Though they are still far from perfect, they are definitely looking a lot fresher and nicer.
Thanks for all the encouragement everybody and, congrats to everyone who accomplished and surpassed goals!

FennFire911
January 2nd, 2020, 10:03 PM
The first pic is from November 9th and the second pic is from yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186365761@N08/shares/u4b3v1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186365761@N08/shares/Gn8L38

Longlegs
January 3rd, 2020, 03:24 AM
Definitely not just you. I mean, it's none of my business but reading that made me a bit irritated. It's not his business to decide how much of her hair gets cut even if he's the one holding the scissors. Sorry, again, none of my business.

When I questioned him he said he felt that the ends of my hair were 'a bit ratty' , He has cut my hair for years and I usually have it around shoulder length but he said he is happy for me to grow it longer. If he cuts off more than I ask for in a few months time then I will get my hair cut in a salon in the future or learn to self-trim. I am not very trusting of hairdressers because they always seem to do what they want and not what I ask for, but now it seems my husband might be the same. he knows I am upset with him. He said "do you like the haircut I gave you?" and I said "No because I only wanted a trim!" He will get one more chance and if He cuts off more than I ask for I won't let him near my hair again.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2020, 04:21 AM
The first pic is from November 9th and the second pic is from yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186365761@N08/shares/u4b3v1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186365761@N08/shares/Gn8L38

Is that classic length? :D

lapushka
January 3rd, 2020, 04:27 AM
When I questioned him he said he felt that the ends of my hair were 'a bit ratty' , He has cut my hair for years and I usually have it around shoulder length but he said he is happy for me to grow it longer. If he cuts off more than I ask for in a few months time then I will get my hair cut in a salon in the future or learn to self-trim. I am not very trusting of hairdressers because they always seem to do what they want and not what I ask for, but now it seems my husband might be the same. he knows I am upset with him. He said "do you like the haircut I gave you?" and I said "No because I only wanted a trim!" He will get one more chance and if He cuts off more than I ask for I won't let him near my hair again.

Yep. Ratty, those would be fairytale ends, but I get it, I do, not everyone likes them.

Right now, 3 inches is gone? With another few trims I think you'll have an entire years' worth of growth out the window. Up to this point it is about half that, but if you go on... Of course it is totally up to you and what you want to do!!!

Self-trimming is easy with Feye's self-trimming method but it's easy to think it's not even. Just don't go back in and correct things because that is where a lot of people go wrong. Trust the cut when you cut it. Because the instructions are spot-on! And hair can lay in funny ways just because... it's hair. It does that.

It's great that you're giving him another go. :flower:

FennFire911
January 3rd, 2020, 08:29 AM
Is that classic length? :D

I wish it was still classic, but that's just a very flattering camera angle. :D I'm back up to just BCL now. I can't wait to get back to classic. It wasn't much to look at but it felt really good knowing I could get there.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2020, 09:46 AM
I wish it was still classic, but that's just a very flattering camera angle. :D I'm back up to just BCL now. I can't wait to get back to classic. It wasn't much to look at but it felt really good knowing I could get there.

Aaaah, almost! :D

ReadingRenee
January 3rd, 2020, 10:48 AM

It could be because he is not used to seeing your hair longer than shoulder length that he thought it looked ratty. I am sorry. I have let my husband cut my hair before but this time I was totally paranoid and even though he loves long hair maybe more than I do, I still decided to do it myself because I didn't want to lose too much. I always use Feyes trim and it works reasonably well. At least now you know you have good healthy ends to start growing from! :)

Yep. Ratty, those would be fairytale ends, but I get it, I do, not everyone likes them.

Right now, 3 inches is gone? With another few trims I think you'll have an entire years' worth of growth out the window. Up to this point it is about half that, but if you go on... Of course it is totally up to you and what you want to do!!!

Self-trimming is easy with Feye's self-trimming method but it's easy to think it's not even. Just don't go back in and correct things because that is where a lot of people go wrong. Trust the cut when you cut it. Because the instructions are spot-on! And hair can lay in funny ways just because... it's hair. It does that.

It's great that you're giving him another go. :flower:

So true about Feyes trim Lapushka! I always think its uneven in the pictures I take afterwards but in a week or so everything looks even. I have learned to leave it alone. Also my hair grows unevenly as well so I really try not to worry about it.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2020, 11:52 AM
So true about Feyes trim Lapushka! I always think its uneven in the pictures I take afterwards but in a week or so everything looks even. I have learned to leave it alone. Also my hair grows unevenly as well so I really try not to worry about it.

FWIW, it looks *super* even in your signature! :D Good job!

ReadingRenee
January 3rd, 2020, 03:18 PM
FWIW, it looks *super* even in your signature! :D Good job!

Aww thank you so much lapushka! :flower: I can't wait to see what it looks like by the end of 2020! :D

lapushka
January 3rd, 2020, 03:24 PM
Aww thank you so much lapushka! :flower: I can't wait to see what it looks like by the end of 2020! :D

Probably a lot longer, for sure quite a bit below BSL and probably even MBL.