PDA

View Full Version : Inside Edition: "Real-Life Rapunzel Reveals Secret to Her 64-Inch Long Hair"

arc691
August 26th, 2017, 01:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Inside Edition got in touch about sharing my hair story, and today they posted a lovely and fun video (https://youtu.be/ighhy01Ms-o) and article (http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/25179-is-this-woman-with-ankle-length-blond-hair-the-real-life-rapunzel). I noticed several comments saying they were eating peanut butter as they watched, and want to grow their own hair out long. Yes, there are some haters in the mix, but for the most part it's all kindness. How amazing to share a love of long hair with the world <3

Love, Andrea

Watch the 59-second video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ighhy01Ms-o

Read the article on Inside Edition's website: http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/25179-is-this-woman-with-ankle-length-blond-hair-the-real-life-rapunzel

MidnightMoon
August 26th, 2017, 01:52 AM
Congratulations for being featured in an article once more, Andrea.
I must say, though, I have mixed feelings about this.
Are people really that unaware of long haired people existing? It's good they're getting to know one of them, but there's more of us, some have even longer hair, and I don't feel they're such a rarity.
I understand it's not a common length, or thing to do, to let it grow this much, but it seriously feels as if people have never seen someone with really long hair.
I hope they never discover LHC, don't need a bunch of startled normies :rolleyes:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 26th, 2017, 02:14 AM
Looks like you are famous, Andrea! :D How nice to see positive articles on long hair.

longhairqueen2
August 26th, 2017, 02:20 AM
That is pretty cool! Although at 64", I'd be stepping/tripping on my hair, lol. Shorty over here. From the photo on your post I'd say you can't really wear it down?

FuzzyBlackWaves
August 26th, 2017, 03:05 AM
Soon you'll be on every website in the world! Awesome!

TatsuOni
August 26th, 2017, 03:18 AM
Congrats again! :)

Congratulations for being featured in an article once more, Andrea.
I must say, though, I have mixed feelings about this.
Are people really that unaware of long haired people existing? It's good they're getting to know one of them, but there's more of us, some have even longer hair, and I don't feel they're such a rarity.
I understand it's not a common length, or thing to do, to let it grow this much, but it seriously feels as if people have never seen someone with really long hair.
I hope they never discover LHC, don't need a bunch of startled normies :rolleyes:

I think that there's mainly two reasons behind that:
1. A lot of people with longer hair (at least around here and among famous people) are wearing extensions, so when someone aren't people just assume that they do.
2. Those of us who are usually wearing it up. People never realize that I have long hair until I take it down.

lapushka
August 26th, 2017, 03:23 AM
I said it first ;) she was gonna go viral. :D

MidnightMoon
August 26th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Congrats again! :)

I think that there's mainly two reasons behind that:
1. A lot of people with longer hair (at least around here and among famous people) are wearing extensions, so when someone aren't people just assume that they do.
2. Those of us who are usually wearing it up. People never realize that I have long hair until I take it down.

Yes, it goes unnoticed most of the time, I agree. In the few occasions I've seen really long hair "in the wild", it was in a braid at most.
I just can't tell all the hundreds of people sharing the article/s are doing it out of admiration, or sharing it like a freak story. The comments are just so full of hate and judgmental, I'm afraid a lot of people are just seeing it as they see that woman who "looks like a barbie", the "anime girl" and stories like that.
I would love people to get used to unusual lengths like this, but by realising there's many more out there who grow theirs out, not by thinking this is a one time rare occurrence.
I also dislike all the "grow up" comments.
Did people forget back in the day the "womanly" thing to do was to have long hair?
I guess internet ruins everything, and it's the unpleasant kind of people the ones who seem to bother creating an account and posting their unwanted opinion. I can picture the articles featuring this site, if they ever find it. "Long forgotten sect of hair worshippers gathers online" :lol:

TatsuOni
August 26th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Yes, it goes unnoticed most of the time, I agree. In the few occasions I've seen really long hair "in the wild", it was in a braid at most.
I just can't tell all the hundreds of people sharing the article/s are doing it out of admiration, or sharing it like a freak story. The comments are just so full of hate and judgmental, I'm afraid a lot of people are just seeing it as they see that woman who "looks like a barbie", the "anime girl" and stories like that.
I would love people to get used to unusual lengths like this, but by realising there's many more out there who grow theirs out, not by thinking this is a one time rare occurrence.
Did people forget back in the day the "womanly" thing to do was to have long hair?
I guess internet ruins everything, and it's the unpleasant kind of people the ones who seem to bother creating an account and posting their unwanted opinion. I can picture the articles featuring this site, if they ever find it. "Long forgotten sect of hair worshippers gathers online" :lol:

I agree, some people are just terrible and behave as children. Who needs to grow up, really?

People need to mind there own business and realize that there are many of us out there who are happily growing our hair to longer lenghts.

"A cult of genetic freaks are worshiping hair" :laugh:

MidnightMoon
August 26th, 2017, 03:56 AM
I agree, some people are just terrible and behave as children. Who needs to grow up, really?

People need to mind there own business and realize that there are many of us out there who are happily growing our hair to longer lenghts.

"A cult of genetic freaks are worshiping hair" :laugh:

Now that one's much better hahah. I can see it, eh. Totally :laugh:

TatsuOni
August 26th, 2017, 04:09 AM
Now that one's much better hahah. I can see it, eh. Totally :laugh:

Anyway. Not that long ago women used to have long hair as it was trendy. Have evolution during the last 100:d years removed "the long hair gene" from us?

And sorry for us going so OT :flower:

embee
August 26th, 2017, 05:29 AM
Congratulations, arc! Spread the word, long hair can be beautiful!

arc691
August 26th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Thank you all <3 Maybe the peanut butter industry at least will start booming :) About the nasty comments, I honestly try not to look! I did notice several very kind people taking up for long hair in general as well as my hair, which was so nice to see.

CindyOfTheOaks
August 26th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Look at you ! Another one !
Congratulations !

my2cats1
August 26th, 2017, 06:42 PM
it looks like Women's Health picked it up too. congrats!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/rapunzel-hair-peanut-butter

CindyOfTheOaks
August 26th, 2017, 07:01 PM
it looks like Women's Health picked it up too. congrats!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/rapunzel-hair-peanut-butter

My husband hollered from the front room earlier for me to come look at his computer.
He found this one as a highlight on his MSN Homepage.
I said yea - that's Andrea from the LHC !

I sure hope Andrea is getting paid for all this !

Woo-hoo !

arc691
August 26th, 2017, 10:32 PM
My husband hollered from the front room earlier for me to come look at his computer.
He found this one as a highlight on his MSN Homepage.
I said yea - that's Andrea from the LHC !

I sure hope Andrea is getting paid for all this !

Woo-hoo !

Hahaha too funny! Not paid anything for these, no, but PA said two magazines in the UK want to do my story with pictures and will each pay me 100 pounds. No peanut butter companies have made contact yet lol

LadyCelestina
August 26th, 2017, 10:50 PM

I don't think people are ever going to get used to ankle or longer hair though :) I know we recently had a laugh about the special gene that allows us to grow hair below waist, but still, if you see the old photos of women with very long loose hair almost to the floor(length pics lol :D), they were probably taken because the hair was somewhat remarkable, not because it's the norm.

yamsha23
August 27th, 2017, 06:33 AM
You're an inspiration Andrea! :pegasus: Been eating one spoonful of peanut butter everyday ever since I stumbled across your Youtube channel a year ago ^^

arc691
August 27th, 2017, 08:26 AM
You're an inspiration Andrea! :pegasus: Been eating one spoonful of peanut butter a day ever since I stumbled across your Youtube channel a year ago ^^

Awww good for you! And thank you so much, how very kind <3

pili
August 27th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Your hair is viral, Andrea!

MidnightMoon
August 27th, 2017, 09:06 AM
I don't think people are ever going to get used to ankle or longer hair though :) I know we recently had a laugh about the special gene that allows us to grow hair below waist, but still, if you see the old photos of women with very long loose hair almost to the floor(length pics lol :D), they were probably taken because the hair was somewhat remarkable, not because it's the norm.

There are plenty of women with hair down to their ankles or longer, but they're less popular because they're not perceived the same way a Western woman is. It's shocking because they see someone who looks like them, good looking, dressed by "normal society standards", not something exotic. They see someone who is making a "controversial" fashion choice, while still being relatable in any other aspect, instead of someone who doesn't know any different, who does it out of tradition, culture, and lives or comes from where it might just be the common acceptable thing to do.
When people see tribes living in semi rural conditions, whose hair isn't worn in a traditional way and cared for in a particular manner it's seen differently.
People wouldn't look twice at natives or members of whichever African tribe you prefer where women don't cover their breasts, but a topless Oprah or Hillary Clinton would most definitely go viral.
Also, by the time photography actually happened and regular people had access to it, the fashion was to have shorter hair. Sure, long hair wasn't even a possibility for the poorer class, because they didn't have the means to properly care for it and maintain it clean, but the fashion of the times also had an impact in hair length.

ps. Here's another bunch of "Rapunzels", just a bit less photogenic...
http://www.messynessychic.com/2015/11/05/the-chinese-village-of-long-haired-rapunzels/

Arciela
August 27th, 2017, 01:30 PM
There are plenty of women with hair down to their ankles or longer, but they're less popular because they're not perceived the same way a Western woman is. It's shocking because they see someone who looks like them, good looking, dressed by "normal society standards", not something exotic. They see someone who is making a "controversial" fashion choice, while still being relatable in any other aspect, instead of someone who doesn't know any different, who does it out of tradition, culture, and lives or comes from where it might just be the common acceptable thing to do.
When people see tribes living in semi rural conditions, whose hair isn't worn in a traditional way and cared for in a particular manner it's seen differently.
People wouldn't look twice at natives or members of whichever African tribe you prefer where women don't cover their breasts, but a topless Oprah or Hillary Clinton would most definitely go viral.
Also, by the time photography actually happened and regular people had access to it, the fashion was to have shorter hair. Sure, long hair wasn't even a possibility for the poorer class, because they didn't have the means to properly care for it and maintain it clean, but the fashion of the times also had an impact in hair length.

ps. Here's another bunch of "Rapunzels", just a bit less photogenic...
http://www.messynessychic.com/2015/11/05/the-chinese-village-of-long-haired-rapunzels/

Oh wow that Article is amazing!! I had no idea...haha a Rapunzel village, so cool :flower: their hair is beautiful too! And yeah I agree. I live in a certain part of NYC where a lot of indian women live..there is LOTS of women around here with hair to their ankles and often times longer. Me with my classic length here is considered short lol.

MidnightMoon
August 27th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Oh wow that Article is amazing!! I had no idea...haha a Rapunzel village, so cool :flower: their hair is beautiful too! And yeah I agree. I live in a certain part of NYC where a lot of indian women live..there is LOTS of women around here with hair to their ankles and often times longer. Me with my classic length here is considered short lol.

That must be quite a sight. I've barely met any people from India in my life, and I don't know any neighbourhoods where there might be a significant number of them here.
Quite off topic, but now I'm all of a sudden craving to taste Indian food lol.
Anyhow... there's other articles featuring women from other places.
I recall seeing one featuring women from Africa, can't remember what country or region.
I'm not sure if I recall correctly, but some of it was styled in a dread -like fashion, though, which I don't really consider long hair (we'd all get to floor length if we kept our unattached hair hanging there).

*Wednesday*
August 27th, 2017, 01:51 PM
You are Hair-Famous. What a great amdassador you are for Long Hairs.